Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:45 pm
User Image

Welcome to Part 1 of the Dumanne Winter Meta!

Things to Consider During:

ICly:

• During the War in Heaven, there were those within the Dumanne that questioned King Tsu`Tey`s actions. Though some may still have some doubts about his methods, there is currently an overwhelming sense of relief and joy throughout the lands.
  • Currently, a week's-long celebration has been occurring! This includes duels, trading of goods, feasts, and other festivities!
  • Many litters have been popping up lately! This has meant all hands on deck!
  • Of those litters, one is from the King himself - albeit not with his consort. The mother is a favored female, and she has been very proud of her status with the King. This doesn't mean, however, that she is immune from criticism and judgments from the greater population! There is also a bit of jealousy floating around...

OOCly:

• Many things will be happening in this meta. Keep an eye on the updates to stay informed!
  • This ORP is a safe ORP. It will mostly consist of members interacting and conversing, and otherwise enjoying themselves.
  • Dumanne members of course can participate, and any passing cheetah species can participate as well. It will be assumed that your rogue was vetted by guards and invited in to take part in the celebrations. That being said, of course, because they were vetted, no rogues with ill-intentions will be allowed in!
  • There will also be a character raffle attached to this ORP - keep an eye out for when it pops up!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:47 pm
User Image

The day had been filled with many festivities: dueling, story telling, craft demonstrations, and just general merriment among Dumanne members as the whole of the group gathered together for the first time in many moons. Extended families clustered together to share updates and spend quality time, and top ranking members mingled joyfully. It was a time of celebration, orchestrated by King Tsu'Tey, to recognize their durability and strength through such turbulent times. The calmer skies and more favorable hunting had also led to a slight boom in population - recent cubs had provided the final push for Tsu'Tey to organize this days-long celebration. He had made sure that everything was taken care of- security had been put on a specific rotation to ensure the safety of the group as well as the ability for all to participate in the celebration, and hunters had been put into over drive to ensure a feast for all. Even the King himself had led a few hunting parties.

Now, as he walked through the heart of the celebrations in the Scarab lands, he couldn't help but smile at the splendor of it all. It was a rare sight, to see anything other than a scowl or serious gaze on his face, but there was something about all the new life and reinvigorating feeling that caused his or of character expression. In fact, the King himself had just welcomed his own brood with one of his favored females, adding to his pleasant mood.

The sun was past its peak, but there was still plenty of light for the day. King Tsu'Tey continued to make his rounds, accompanied by his Fang, Izinyo, stopping to speak with any member who wished so.

Polette
Crew

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:57 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hasira, an unfriendly cheetah by nature, wasn’t the usual suspect to be prowling throughout the Scarab clans in the midst of a celebration. But here she was, coming fresh off of a handily won duel, feeling good. This good feeling is what led her to venturing out – she was always more likely to have a slightly warm demeanor if she had just managed to crush some poor soul. And so, she was.

A little overwhelmed by the sheer volume of Dumanne folk gathered, Hasira’s eyes immediately fell to the King’s. It was easily evident that he was pridefulm, both of his coalition and of the kids he had recently managed to produce via one of his… well, lady friends. Hasira herself wished she had such a relationship with the King – he was beyond handsome, and no rational cheetah could resist the temptation of being that close to the center of power.

Shrugging the thought away, Hasira stalked to the back of the crowd, into the shadows, and waited to see if anyone would dare approach her famously grouchy self.

(OOC: open for interactions!)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:33 pm
((both of mine are open for interactions))

If there was ever a good opportunity to mingle, it was now, so of course Poe was going to be there. Tail flicking excitedly, the male meandered towards the festivities with the gait of someone confident in their surroundings, despite it being a different clan's territory. After all, it wasn't like anyone was going to give him trouble anyway.

He was looking forward to mingling with others, new and old. Perhaps he'd even find a pretty female to talk to....

Eadgar, having decided that it wasn't an event for him, had stayed back at him. A pity, Poe thought to himself, as the raven could do with some loosening up.

Chitrita tilted her head thoughtfully as she eyed the many cheetahs surrounding her. She was a rogue, but one that was also considering her options. Joining a group of cheetahs, becoming part of something... it did sound nice, but she wasn't quite ready to settle. That said, this was certainly an option. One she was going to shelve for later.

For now though, she was just going to observe, perhaps interact with some of them. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood, enough so that they appeared fine with a rogue wandering among them, and that worked great for her. She wanted to see what they were like.

The purple cheetah twirled her way through the throe of bodies before finally settling on a nearby boulder. It was warm enough, and a good spot to watch others.

MangoMeow

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:00 pm
User Image
Mdjai could not hide the excitement from his face as he saw the group gathered. Normally he would attempt to hide his joy, wanting to be seen as a strong, stoic right hand, but since it was a celebration he found no reason to hide his true feelings. When Mdjai looked around, he saw familiar faces from his clan as well as some from other clans. Then there were ones who seemed out of place, curious and perhaps hesitant? Probably rogues who were considering making Dumanne their home.

His attention went from the crowd to his king. Warmth filled him when he saw the smile on the king's face. New life was always something to celebrate. He was happy for the king to have cubs in his life, regardless of who the mother of the cubs was. She was good enough for the king and that is all that mattered.

---
User Image
Antheia moved quietly among the group, not wanting to draw attention to herself. She had been hesitant to go to the celebration without her mother by her side, but knew that it was important for her to attend. If her mother was feeling better, she would have loved to celebrate and join in on the festivities. As her daughter, it was her responsibility to join in and recount the events to her mother. She just hoped that she would not get in the way.

“Pardon me,” she said quietly as she moved around the group. Right now she was trying to find a good spot to silently observe before she joined in on the fun.

(Feel free to quote me if you interact with either of them!)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:44 am

User Image

Darting quickly through the crowd that had gathered, Isibhamu was, well, nervous. It was his first big get-together with the whole of the Dumanne, and the young male was eager to prove himself. So far, he'd watched his father demolish many competitors in duels, but he himself had been too anxious to step foot in the ring. He wasn't as sure-footed a fighter as his father was, and he didn't want to ruin his big chance by losing embarrassingly in a duel.

Right now, he was trying to find a good place to be. Perhaps a good place to catch someone's attention - his eyes briefly caught a glimpse of the King. Now that would be someone to impress - dreams of becoming one of the King's inner circle darted through his mind before Isibhamu felt that he was staring a bit too long. The blue orbs swiveled, catching sight of a female he recognized. She was a pale beauty, but he'd seen her in the ring earlier - not to mention, she hailed from his clan, and he'd heard the rumors of her demeanor. He paused a moment in his tracks, debating whether or not it was actually a good idea to approach her. But, perhaps with all of the festivities, she'd be in a pleasant mood?

He dodged a few bodies passing by, trying to get close enough to speak but while also keeping a healthy distance in case this had been an ill-thought-out plan. "H-hey there!" He decided a position alongside the pale female would be best, so as to not impose on her path. "I saw your duel earlier. It was pretty intense."

Ruler of Everything

User Image

Ezili had never been one for crowds or parties or anything, but she couldn't help but feel drawn to this particular celebration. She had been particularly anxious during those chaotic times, and felt a little bolder now that they had all come out alive and well. So far, she had mostly found herself at the edges of story-tellings or craftings, staying away from most of the dueling and louder events. At times, she felt a little out of place as a meeker cheetah in this tougher group, but that's exactly why she felt safe and at ease living among them. Besides, every group needed some rounding out.

So far, Ezili hadn't seen anyone she knew today. She had ventured a little further into the heart of the celebrations, and knew that many of her clan probably remained with the story-tellers or craftsmen. Her nerves were high, but she was determined to be bold today, and at least get a glimpse of the main festivities. Finding a lone unoccupied tree, she sat herself down, eyes moving from one passerby to the next.

User Image

It had been such a whirlwind of a few days, and Mahina hadn't felt this exhausted since her cubs were small. She had always been more active in the later hours - a trait she attributed entirely to her mother - and it had its benefits as a Spotter. However, during times of celebration and day-long activities it was surely a detriment. She had already partaken in a few friendly duels, and she even held her own story-telling session - but now, it was all beginning to drain on her. She had considered trekking all the way back to her den in the Firefinch clan, but she knew she'd be herded back here soon enough. Her tired eyes scanned for a spot where she might get some unnoticeable respite, finally landing on a boulder that looked very inviting.

Alas, it was only as she came up close that she realized someone else had gotten there first. And they looked far more energetic than she did. "Would you mind if I joined?" Mahina went ahead and hopped up next to the stranger, not trying to push her off, but definitely trying to physically convince her to let her stay and rest for a little while.

MangoMeow

User Image

Izinyo stood stoically beside Tsu'Tey, quietly offering comments or information to his King every so often as members approached him. It was an odd sight to see Tsu'Tey in such good spirits, and Izinyo could tell that many members were taking advantage of this; he'd never heard his King partake in so much small talk in his life. The dark cheetah had stayed on high alert the past few days, taking care to make sure no disturbances threatened the peace of this celebration. So far, there hadn't been much to worry about - their prior planning had great effect, and there hadn't been any real conflict aside from a few post-duels diffusions. Golden eyes wandering, Izinyo caught a familiar sight in his gaze - the Right Hand from the Deathstalker Clan. Wanting for a moment of relaxation himself, he bid the King of his brief departure and headed over.

"Mdjai." Izinyo dipped his head, offering what was the closest thing to a smile as anyone had seen from the dark male.

User Image

Vasco had mostly stayed away from the long festivities. He had offered to go on extended watch duty so others could join in. Unlike his mother, he didn't really enjoy all of the commotion and attention that things like this brought; he preferred smaller company. However, a fellow Spotter had convinced him to at least attend one of the days to feel some of the excitement that everyone else was feeling.

He walked slowly through the crowd, taking in the sights and important members - he even saw the King casually conversing. So far, so good. Coming his way, he spotted a pale figure moving through the group. His eyes were fixated on such a light shade of pink, and he was embarrassed when he found himself oddly blocking her path. "Oh, please excuse me!" He awkwardly ended up stepping even more in the pale creature's way.

Fairy Snails

Polette
Crew

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:26 am
Hasira | Deathstalker Clan | Sand | Speaking with Isibhamu

It wasn't long that Hasira was standing off in the shadows that she was approached by one of Azizi's kids. He was striking, with a coat of many blacks and a shock of green hair. Is... Isibhamu? Her mind clawed around in her memory for that one, and because of that she was fairly certain of it.

She hadn't the slightest idea what she would say before hearing the lilting sound of what she hoped was framed as a compliment on her earlier duel. Hasira could feel her muscles flex happily, proudly. It was slight, but she smiled. "Indeed it was. But I think everything ended as it should have." She glanced over at him and nodded, a warm enough greeting of inviting him over. "How are you, Isi? This is your first one of these... big gatherings, is it not? That's something else that can be pretty intense." The compliment had clearly loosened her up, at least for now. Anyone willing to start an interaction with her by commenting kindly on a battle had a neat little place in Hasira's heart.

Polette

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:54 am

Isibhamu could still feel his nerves as she spoke. Unlike his father, he had always struggled a bit when speaking with others.

"It is." He almost stammered, but pushed through. "I've been trying to take everything in, mostly just observing this time around." His eyes wandered off, running over the continuing festivities. "I don't think I'm quite ready to enter the ring just yet." He knew his father was eager to see him compete, but Isibhamu didn't want to jump in only to fail; especially after seeing Hasira's duel.

"What do you think about being around the other clans?" His eyes returned to her. He knew there were some within the clans that butted heads with other clans - they were formed, after all, with specific skill sets and ideals in mind. Of course some wouldn't get along with others.

Ruler of Everything

Polette
Crew

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:09 am

Hasira's ears flicked at the cautious, hesitant manner in which he spoke. She didn't have time for those who were not sure of themselves, but he was being quite nice so she let it be. Her good mood would carry her through this celebration, or at least she hoped.

"The only way to find out if you're ready is to just jump in headfirst. Trust me, there's never going to be a 'right time'.""

At his question, the pale cheetah glanced about, sizing up the other small groups that were forming. "I think it's..." she chose her words diplomatically, "nice. But probably not for me." Hasira finished with a slight sigh. Some of the other clans within the coalition did not hold much merit in Hasira's eyes. But, once again, she hoped her current pleasantness would buoy her throughout the event. "I guess its a great opportunity to meet the others. Anyone catching your eye?" Isi was a young cheetah, yes, but he wasn't blind. There were plenty of good-looking cheetahs around, and she knew that had to be somewhere near the top of mind. Considering his age, and all.

Polette

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:43 am
“It is good to see you in high spirits Izinyo!” Mdjai bowed his head toward Izinyo, with a growing smile on his face. It was good to see so many in their pride happy. More than ever, he felt that their group was truly unified. Hopefully it would last and their home would flourish.

“Been busy? ” Mdjai asked, glancing from Izinyo to Tsu'Tey and back to Izinyo. He couldn't imagine how much work being the king's right hand would be, especially during events like today. Personally, he was always sure to give himself time to goof off and make sure he was living life to the fullest. It wasn't in his nature to be the ever serious fighter. “What do you think of the celebration so far?”

---

“Thank you,” Antheia said, taking a better look at who she was talking to. Her attention went straight to his mane, something she didn't see much of here. It made her feel like she didn't stand out as much.

“This is my first time really participating in a celebration like this. Usually I avoid crowds, but my mom asked me to go and keep her updated so she can stay in the loop about rumors.” She said, rolling her eyes a little. It was a habit she had from her old home. Information was power in her old pride, but here, she didn't feel like it was as important to know everything about everyone.

“Oh, by the way I am Antheia.” she greeted quietly.

Polette

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:15 pm

Feeling a sense of comfort at the continued conversation, Isibhamu was relieved he was able to converse so well so far. Well, at least he thought as much. The young male continued to compare himself to his father - the one creature he was probably the most unlike.

"I have to agree." Though, Isibhamu was more just on edge around so many new faces, and so many important faces. He would never forgive himself if he embarrassed the clan in some way at such a gathering.

"To be honest," His eyes looked off, searching the crowd, "I would be very interested in getting a chance to meet the King." He was sure it would impress his father to do so, and perhaps even eventually gain a spot in the royal ranks. "Although, you were the first to catch my eye." He smiled, his meaning innocent.

Ruler of Everything

"Yes, all of the excitement is quite uplifting, isn't it?" Izinyo's head turned, again taking in the splendor.

"Preparations for this celebration certainly created a workload." His eyes flicked away for a moment, thinking back to all of the tasks he had to complete and ensure were settled before the festivities could begin. He had spent many moons travelling between clans, ensuring events were scheduled and security was accounted for. Even today, he had a long list of things that he needed to continuously check on.

"It's been quite enjoyable so far. Although I must admit, I haven't had the chance to enjoy much of the festivities that I would have otherwise liked to. How about yourself? Have you managed to make the rounds to the various events?"

------------------------------------

"Really? It's my first time, too." Vasco said sheepishly. "I can definitely understand not wanting to get swept away." As he spoke, he couldn't help but eyeball the female - she looked very cheetah, but something was...different. He was relatively sure that she was a partial breed, like himself, though he didn't want to be rude and outright assume.

"Oh, so you have family here?" Vasco knew there were families within the Dumanne; he just spent most of his time around loners like himself, or, at best, siblings. "Forgive me, my name is Vasco." He gave a smile.

Fairy Snails

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:18 pm

Hasira refused to react to Isi's desire to speak with the King - didn't everyone? - but instead held her tongue and simply nodded, already partially fond of this young cheetah speaking with her. His comment - likely innocent - served to warm her up even more. "I hope it's because of my dueling skills, rather than my striking white coat. Coats get dirty easily, but you can always sharpen your claws."

Taking a moment, she glanced over at Tsu'Tey, the smile that had previously graced his face seemed to have fallen, but he didn't necessarily look upset in any matter. That was just the way his face rested - everyone knew that.

"So," Hasira started, turning her attention black to the green-haired male before her, "What's your plan for getting in the King's good graces? I can't say I don't admire your... ambition." Again, diplomatic - she didn't want to be mean to Isi - but most were used to her rather crotchety ways.

Polette

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:18 pm
[[Poe - talking to Ezili; I'm pretty sure she hasn't been spoken to yet? Let me know if she has though!]]

Soon, his mingling had tired the cheetah out, and, deciding to wander a bit further from the center of the crowd, Poe found himself along the outskirts of the festivities. Looking for a spot to rest, he blinked as he noticed a very bright looking lass settled under a tree nearby.

He smirked and started making his way closer. He wasn't one to let a pretty little thing sit all by herself, after all.

"Now, what's a beauty like you doing so far away from the others? Don't feel like talking?"

---

[[Chitrita - talking to Mahina]]

She hadn't been expecting someone to sidle right up next to her. Ears flicking up in surprise, Chitrita observed the not-so-subtle cheetah pushing against her, before finally letting out a huff of laughter and moving over more to give her more room, "Go for it."

Well, it was nice to know that this group was a good-natured one. It made approaching a bit easier.

The purple cheetah turned to look at the mingling in front of them, taking a moment to watch before she spoke, "You're not going to talk with the others?"

Polette
Apologies for how long it took to respond back to this! ;; I didn't think it'd been that long. /fail

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:41 am
“I do not envy you. After all the celebrations are over, you should take sometime for yourself. Give yourself a reward for your hard work. Maybe visit my clan and we can have some friendly duels.” Mdjai said with giving Izinyo a wink. He was a firm believer in balancing work and fun, with a tendency to lean a little more toward fun.

“I have! It would be a shame not to after all the effort that has gone into it. It feels even more important to participate in the events in order to celebrate the new life in the pride. What could be a more joyous occasion then that?” He said. The duels, the food and great company. What more could he ask for?

---

“I am glad I am not the only one who is new to this sort of thing. To tell you the truth it was a little tempting just to pretend to be sick to get out of going. Dumanne has been wonderful to me and my mother, but I still feel a little like an outsider.” Antheia explained. It was something she had always felt, even in her previous home. “But I am happy that everyone seems to be having fun.”

When he asked about her family, she smiled. “Well, just my mother and I. My siblings stayed at our previous home. Mother wanted to feel more independent and get away from her family. I tagged along to make sure she wouldn't be lonely. How about you? Do you have family here as well?”

Polette

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:25 pm
User Image

Kalyca had been sauntering around the crowd feeling broody about, well, pretty much everything. She was less than impressed about the turn of events of late. The female who had caught the kings eye was so dowdy and plain yet here she was all up in the kings good books and making babies.

It irked her to no end that someone so neutral had caught the kings favour. Normally she would have kept her mouth shut about the whole thing but the fact that she had been chosen over her just made her sick.

The soft dusty pink female knew all too well how beautiful she was, she had always been called a beautiful rose and her name reflected that. So why was it thats he had not turned the kings head? So annoying.

Placing a smile upon her maw she decided to wade a little further in to the gathering, perhaps find some like minded souls, or maybe find something to interest her and take her mind off the tragedy that was happening around her.

——

User Image

It wasn’t very often that she saw a gathering of cheetahs. Coalitions of brothers and the occasional parent with her cubs but to see so many gathered together, to feel their presence had encouraged the goddess to ‘take a peek’. She wasn’t usually curious about large gatherings, always erring on the side of caution.

Colche always had an inexplainable fear of lions and although she knew she was one she still felt distrustful of them. Even as a goddess her body was small, slender and dainty though her wings were wide which could be intimidating she was hardly really much larger than a normal cheetah.

She had landed on the outskirts and wandered in not hiding her identity but not flaunting them either, she could if she wished of course take her cheetah form but she had never really approached so many cheetahs before she was curious. Folding her wings against her back she quietly loped towards the gathering a quiet serene smile on her maw.

[IC] Dumanne Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff