[Big Cat Weyrling Lesson] The Bonding Maze Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:42 pm
T’tain stood next to a maze made of posts with rope strung at about waist hight between them. “Now everyone,” he spoke out to the Weyrlings gathered, “you will blindfolded. Your dragon will be up on above able to see the entire maze. The goal is to go through the maze following the directions of your dragon." He pointed up to where the dragons were perched. "You do not take off the blindfold until one of the assistants tell you you can.” He gestured to the maze. “You will start each staggered by a few minutes. There will be more than just you in the maze. Be careful. Also, it is up to you to keep your dragon focused. They can still talk to each other after all.”

He gestured to the blindfolds being handed out. “We will be checking the blindfold just before you enter so don’t think you can tie it so you can see.”

With a bright and anticipatory smile, T’tain clapped his hands. “First up is…”

The Game:

To successfully find the exit you need to gain three points based off the grid below. If someone decides to cheat and go under a rope they will be in trouble. (If you do, quote me and I will have T'tain respond/anther assistant can respond)

Roll a D20

1. Congratulations! You found a dead end. Now you have to back track at least one turn and find the next place you can go. (-1 to getting out of the maze)
2. Your dragon has you turning left but you end up hitting the rope instead of the path.
3. You take a step forward expecting to run into something and instead find air only. You made the correct choice. (+1 to getting out of the maze)
4. Oh dear! That was a human you ran into not rope.
5. You are really tempted to take off your blindfold. All this blind walking is starting to get to you. But you know you would have to start over if you did.
6. Woohoo! That turn was perfectly done. (+1 to getting out of the maze)
7. Maybe…if you go under the rope you just ran into?
8. By the end of this you are going to have bruises or rope burns or both.
9. Moving forward you made another turn without running into anyone. (+1 to getting out of the maze)
10. Your dragon tells you to turn right. You go left. Oops.
11. Don’t trip, okay?
12. Wow. Air never felt so good. (+1 to getting out of the maze)
13. Really, are you aiming for the other Weyrlings?
14. Standing still won’t help you get out. Keep moving!
15. You make a particularly epic bouncing movement as you run hard into the rope.
16. Well, you seem to be going in the right direction. At least, you haven’t run into anything yet. (+1 to getting out of the maze)
17. Is your dragon having fun running you into the ropes?
18. Too bad they can’t make a maze large enough for the dragons. You would sure like to be in that role right now.
19. It seems to be working! (+1 to getting out of the maze)
20. You fell. We told you not to fall.  
Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:04 pm
User Image
Nonami and Negoncath

Quote:
4. Oh dear! That was a human you ran into not rope.

"How am I doing?' This was an interesting game -- it made them a bit nervous, but a bit fun to be led around by Negoncath.

Oh, my most precious, my most clever Mine! You are doing so wonderfully. From up on high, praise rolled over Nonami like a refreshing spring rain. Except, oh -- oh dear, watch out for--

Whump.
Oh, that was another person.

Nonami cringed, fighting the urge to peel off their blindfold to make certain the other person was okay -- even if they were a small, slight weyrling and had been going through the maze slowly and carefully.

Who--?

That is -- ah! Wonderful Biralath's. She peered over at her handsome clutchbrother, idly wondering why he was sitting by himself. But she had to focus on her rider first, even if she wanted to go cheer him up--instead giving him a soft wash of honey-sweet warmth. Negoncath wouldn't want to distract him, no..

"O-oh, sorry Kat'eel." They smiled shyly and, once figuring out he couldn't see it, they backed up a step to keep on their way. "I'll try to be more careful. Good luck!"

SilverLutz
Two smol babies

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Hattaki rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:00 pm
Pair: X'ael & Cucuaranath

Quote:
8. By the end of this you are going to have bruises or rope burns or both.

By all accounts you aren't doing too bad!

I don't wanna hear that from you when you keep running me into people and ropes.

Laughter was in each of their voices even as they spoke to one another mentally. In fact one might be forgiven for thinking the two were grumpy given the serious looks on their faces when in reality each was having a blast. X'ael had to keep reminding Cucuaranath not to knock him into everything lest they end up failing the entire exercise, though the blue attempted to remind him that he was just trying to guide him.

Yet here he was bouncing off another person again. The man gave a chuckle and shook his blindfolded head.

SilverLutz rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:16 pm
User Image

Quote:
1. Congratulations! You found a dead end. Now you have to back track at least one turn and find the next place you can go. (-1 to getting out of the maze)

The idea of walking blindfolded through a maze was a rather wonderful puzzle to solve in Kat'eel's mind, but poor Biralath - who loved riddles and problems just as much as his rider - was having a bit of trouble conveying his thoughts to the young man. Kat'eel could tell that Biralath was nervous about making his rider look bad in front of their higher ups, but Kat'eel continued to try to comfort his bronze from the distance they were at.

It's all right, Biralath,, Kat'eel said soothingly as his shins bumped against a rope once more, his hands reaching out to find that they'd hit a dead end. The embarrassment and frustration from Bira's end was a little overwhelming, but Kat'eel pushed it back with encouragement.

Talk me back the way I came, we'll just make sure not to take that turn again. All right?

All right, Biralath said miserably from his perch. The bronze was set apart from the rest of his clutchmates, too embarrassed by his own failings to even think about shifting where he was stationed to join them. What a horrible showing he was putting poor Kat'eel through!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

demon_pachabel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:54 pm
Aryale and Yaguareth

Quote:
14. Standing still won’t help you get out. Keep moving!

How is it looking up there, Yaguareth? Aryale peered through her options, tentatively stepping in one direction then pausing sharply when the green's mental touch tugged her back. That way will not lead you where we wish to go, try the path to your left - yes, that one will do.  
Smerdle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:54 pm
User Image

Quote:
pair: K'bet and Rubiginth

3. You take a step forward expecting to run into something and instead find air only. You made the correct choice. (+1 to getting out of the maze)

Smerdle

Scamp

Meepfur rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:43 am
Tierboskath, unsurprisingly, had full confidence that they would ace this particular exercise. He and His had an excellent bond, after all! And with that in mind, how hard could it possibly be? The blue all but lounged where he watched, eyes whirling blue and green, and radiated fondness at all his nearby clutchmates. It was awfully tempting to chat with them, but he knew it to be for the best that he keep his attention at least mostly on His, and on providing the young man with clear directions. Which was why he was terribly offended when Rio bounced quite ungracefully off on of the ropes.

Mine! You turned too soon.

You said to turn left in five steps!

No, I said to turn left in nine steps.

Quote:
15. You make a particularly epic bouncing movement as you run hard into the rope.

BastetAmun rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:22 am
Huarwar & Miershoth

Quote:
16. Well, you seem to be going in the right direction. At least, you haven’t run into anything yet. (+1 to getting out of the maze)

Keep walking forward HuarwarMine. Miershoth's voice was so confident through their link that Huarwar didn't hesitate, keeping his feet moving and listening to the fierce green as she spoke. Now turn left. Perfect! You'll be out of this maze in no time. She was certainly proud of herself and Huarwar couldn't help but laugh softly.

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Princess_Feylin rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:53 am
User Image

Taibbi and Green Neuwith
Quote:
5. You are really tempted to take off your blindfold. All this blind walking is starting to get to you. But you know you would have to start over if you did.

This is going to be so much fun! Neuwith enthused as she watched Taibbi secure a blindfold over her eyes.

For you, Taibbi muttered just as Neuwith finished her thought, ...for me!

It wasn't that Taibbi didn't trust the green. She knew Neuwith loved her with all her being, and Taibbi loved Neuwith no less. But Taibbi also didn't like the idea of looking like an idiot in front of everyone.

But it won't be everyone, Neuwith protested. It'll only be the weyrlingmaster, the assistants, and us dragons. And you know we're not a judgmental bunch.

Taibbi snorted. No. None of that bunch was judgmental at all. She reached up to scratch her head. While she was there, her fingernails encountered her blindfold and she had to resist an urge to loosen the blindfold so that she could at least sneak peeks through the space between her nose and cheeks.

Ooh! What if we also made this a race? Neuwith bubbled delightedly as she decided that simply guiding Taibbi through the maze was insufficiently amusing - though it was pretty awesome. Euxanth! We should race to see who can get their rider through first!

"What? No!" Taibbi exclaimed, having no idea how far along Fisher might be, and not much desire to have to go through this maze at any sort of speed. That sounded like it would lead to a lot of painful encounters with walls and other people. "I protest!"

It'll be fine, Neuwith assured her. And don't shake your head like that, you might loosen your blindfold.

Taibbi sighed. She'd kind of hoped the headshaking would do exactly that, but it hadn't and now her dragon was trying to plot to make her plow through a maze blind.

houllow
Quote for Neuwith's brilliant suggestion.

SilverLutz rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:19 am
User Image

Quote:

Kat'eel followed Biralath's instructions to get out of the dead end, but eventually the guidance tapered off and was replaced with fretting noises and feelings. Kat sighed softly and resisted the urge to pull off the cloth that covered his eyes. It might be better to just start over, but he knew that would make Biralath feel as though he failed them both.

You can do it, Bira. Take a moment, look at the maze as a whole. You know where we started and where we need to go, right? Just take your time. This isn't a race. Kat'eel could feel his dragon's confidence wavering as he heard his peers having a bit more success than they were, but he could also hear them bumping into one another and the boundaries of the maze itself. It wasn't as if everyone else was walking right through!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:52 pm
User Image
Nonami and Negoncath

Quote:
13. Really, are you aiming for the other Weyrlings?

They weren't doing too too bad, at least Nonami had hoped. They had bounced off the ropes a few times, but hadn't run into another weyrling just yet.

Oh, loveliest, watch--!

Too late, it seems, as Nonami bumped into another of their classmates. "Oh, I'm sorry.."

Dearest Cucuaranath's! The delight in Negoncath's voice was palpable, and Nonami tried so hard to not let out a giggle of their own as they moved past.

"S-sorry X'ael."

Hattaki
B a b i e s

SilverLutz rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:06 am
User Image

Quote:

Okay...er...if you go...ah, three steps to the left, then- oh, oh oh oh Mine, Mine look out!

Kat'eel had stopped as soon as Biralath had switched from giving directions to panicking, but before he could ask how he was supposed to look out while blindfolded he felt someone bump into him gently. It drew a laugh from the bronzerider and he shook his head at the apology before realizing his fellow rider couldn't see.

"All's well, Nonami. No harm done. Good luck!" he added as they backed up, giving each other some space. The mild collision did little to rattle Kat and he waited for Biralath to realize no harm had come to either rider before pressing him for further instruction.

Biralath had been studying the area Kat'eel was in while his rider made smalltalk and had found a rather wonderful path that looked promising. Spirits raised a bit, he lifted his head from his paws as he spoke.

All right. Mm. Two, no, three steps to the left, as I said, and then walk forward slowly until I tell you to stop. It's a long, straight path so just keep going. Yes, that's good! A little slower, please, and...and now a sharp right. Yes! Good!

Prism Shine
Bumper Weyrlings!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

demon_pachabel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:20 am
Aryale and Yaguareth

Quote:

Step shorter, my love, or you will trip over rope, Yaguareth advised, attention sharply on Aryale's progress. Occasionally the green would peer over who else was nearby, tracing the steps between Hers and them to see if it was worth fumbling the young woman in their direction.

Now where? Aryale asked, hands on her hips. Yaguareth thrummed, tracing the directions from her. Turn to your right. Yes, that way. Now stop when I tell you...  
BastetAmun rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:58 am
Huarwar & Miershoth

Quote:

Moving through the maze and listening to the directions Miershoth was relaying to him, Huarwar had to pause for a moment as a breeze moved past him. He closed his eyes behind the blindfold, enjoying the feel of the breeze for a moment before...

Mine! You cannot stop now! You are almost out of the maze. Miershoth did glance over at her siblings, trying to note if anyone was having trouble and could benefit from some help.

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
SilverLutz rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:42 am
User Image

Quote:

Keeping his hands at his side, Kat'eel continue to move slowly through the maze as Biralath directed. He had full trust in his dragon not to send him (purposefully) marching into someone or the ropes and he knew that if he were close to bumping into something the bronze would certainly start to fret. That was indicator enough!

But since their initial mishap, Biralath seemed to be a bit more confident in his choices. He'd moved Kat'eel out of the dead end and so far - aside from the little collision a few moments ago - he was doing well.

Yes, okay! Okay. Hmm. Now, begin walking to the left, Biralath said, no longer nervous or embarrassed though he was still being very careful and taking his time. He had a lot of work to do still for Kat'eel was still pretty deep in the maze, but after studying the paths for a bit he felt like he had a pretty good idea of which way he should be sending his rider.

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff