Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

polliwoggi
Crew

Star-Crossed Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:33 pm

As summer draws near its end, the quiet woodland surrounding the homestead of the Bough of Song begins to fill with life. Rabbits of all ages, young and old, begin to return to the emptied warrens; their minds brim with the adventures of the season, and there is much tempting - yet secretive - chatter among the growing collective. Everyone is excited to know what happened, but no one wants to give away their secrets too early!

In the final days, as the air begins to grow crisp and the first leaves begin to turn, the elders among the warren decide together that it is time to begin the festivities. With stomps and shouts they summon the others to the great tree hollow, and the eldest of the bunch, once a many-time Honored herself, climbs on top of a great root to set herself above the others. In a most grandiose voice, she announces that the time for stories has arrived, and in a quite dutiful fashion she points one paw at an eager adventurer, deciding at random they shall start off the festivities.

Welcome to the seasonal gathering!

In the first stage of the gathering, any rabbit who is a member of the BoS or wants to be may share a story of adventure from the season. These should be written as a short roleplay of your rabbit telling a tale to the gathering; how the story is presented is entirely up to you, otherwise.

In the second stage, anonymous voting will occur to pick the Honored for the next season; this rabbit will get a special note in the warren's history, and may be eligible to help with special warren events or plots in the future!

Please keep all entries to 500 words or less for my sanity.

If your rabbit is already a member:
[b][color=blue]I return with a grand adventure![/color][/b]
[b]Rabbit's name:[/b]
[b]Entry:[/b]

If your rabbit is applying to join the warren:
[b][color=red]I want to play, too![/color][/b]
[b]Rabbit's name:[/b]
[b]Link to chronicle:[/b]
[b]Entry:[/b]

This event closes on Sun, Nov 3rd, at 11:59PM CST!

Einna Firekeeper rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:55 am
Redeemed
I return with a grand adventure!
Rabbit's name: Red Mist
Entry: Red surveyed the gathering of buns and smiled widely. It was her time to shine! She felt so energized when all eyes were on her and all attentions was held rapt to her words. She hopped dramatically up in the air and kicked out her back legs to gain full attention, reveling in the collective gasp from the crowd. “So there I was, right at the edge of the Tanglewood, when I heard a sound I had never heard before.” She paused for dramatic effect and then crept around the circle, looking at each rabbit in turn. “It was the most awful, hideous shrieking. Something was screaming and crying out, and I was all alone at the edge of the wood. But was I scared??” She called out to the crowd and puffed her chest out when some called back, NO! Red raised her paws in the air and sat up on her haunches to her full height. “No! I bravely entered the dark trees to discover the source of the noise.” She whirled around and acted like she was searching and dodging tree limbs. “And then,” she dropped her voice to a whisper, “I found it….” With a startling and acrobatic move she leaped into the air and landed splayed out with her ears up and erect. “A bird! Like none I had ever seen! Large, and black, and holding its wings up like the billowing night!!” She held her front legs out to imitate the bird and started shrieking and cawing at the audience, holding in her pleased chuckle when the little kits shrank back in delighted fright. “It’s eyes were blazing in the setting sun as it stared down at me.” She stared staright up to the sky as if she were staring back into the bird’s eyes. “I knew that it wanted me.. DEAD!” She shouted out and started flapping around the circle with her paws like wings, screaming into the air. “It flew from the trees and circled my head, shrieking and cawing at me, almost raking my face with its vicious talons!!” Finally she came to a stop, panting and heaving, crouched down close to the ground as if shielding herself from the bird. But then… I took a deep breath and rose up against that black as night bird, and I shrieked right back at until it became so startled it flew away, leaving me victorious!!” With her head held high she took in the applause and whoops of victory. Yeah, this is the life. Red turned slowly on her back legs to take in all the faces shining with the after glow of a good story. So maybe it had just been a crow cawing into the woods that had startled into flight when she came tripping through the undergrowth. The beauty of story telling was in the grandeur! The acting and the sound effects and the expert pauses between events to give the audience that feeling of anticipation! Red knew she was good at it and she grinned to herself as she started planning out her next adventure turned tall tale.

wc: 520

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Einna Firekeeper
Crew

Dapper Bunny

[W] The Bough of Song

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas