Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands
[PRP] Oh well at least we were together (Dia x Rafiki)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Dia was rather happy, she enjoyed the pride so much. She felt so content here. There were so many chances to be had here. Compared to where she once lived anything was possible here. She breathed in deeply and looked around to decide what she wanted to do today. Perhaps she would go out and see what she could hunt down to bring back to the pride. This would be a good day. She made her way along a narrow path to look for an area to hunt. She listened to everything around her. Taking in another breath, she tried to catch a scent trail.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It might come as a surprise to some that Rafiki would leave hunting to the others, rather than go out himself. More often than not, the lion could be found on guard patrol or doing some other menial task around the pride. But hunting? No, he tried to avoid it. Why?

... well...

He’d never been hugely good at it.

It was odd for a guard. His bulk and muscle were great in a fight, and you’d think that would translate well to hunting as well, but for whatever reason, all of his previous attempts at hunting when he was younger had not gone very well.

So it was that he avoided the task unless absolutely necessary.

Like now.

Unfortunately for him, the kills brought in today had already been snapped up, and after not eating the previous night and having patrol duty later that afternoon, he was rather stuck in needing to find himself something to eat, blast it all.

So here he was - out in the field, attempting to track something, anything.

MiddyGlow

MangoMeow

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:35 am
MangoMeow

Dia figured she would seek out something easy, perhaps some gazelles or weak members of a zebra herd. She was on the trail, she wasn't sure what the scent was just yet but she was following it. Then again for all, she knew maybe it was another lion. She needed to get the hang of hunting, hunting and surviving back home had been nearly impossible. She still couldn't believe so many still refused to leave. It was a death trap and the pride would be gone in a few years if nothing changed. She sighed and shook off the fault, it wasn't her fault she wanted a real life.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:39 am
Rafiki sniffed, attempting to catch the scent of anything nearby that could be food. Instead, he caught a whiff of something very familiar.

Ears perking up, the green lion raised his head up to look around him, and, spotting the brown form not too far away, he smiled and started trotting closer. Hunting could wait for just a moment.

"Dia! Fancy seeing you out here. Out hunting?" And if he was slightly hopeful that he could maybe get a hand with finding some food, that was another thing. To be fair, he did enjoy her company, and at the very least, it was a welcome distraction to his failed attempt at tracking.

MiddyGlow

MangoMeow

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:45 am
MangoMeow

Dia blinked as she looked up to see her favorite green male lion, she wondered if he was any better at hunting then she was. Not that it would matter much since she liked him anyway because he was handsome and a healthy male who made her happy by just standing in front of her. She smiled and then laughed "Hey nice to see you too." She laughed and then said "Yea I'm trying to, I'm not very good at it I suppose, there weren't many hunting chances back home so I am trying to figure out the scents to figure out where the prey is." She laughed again rubbing the back of her head with her paw.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:28 am
Well there went that hope of her being better at hunting than him. He let out a snort, "You're in the same slump as me then. I've never been the greatest at hunting. I would normally try to snag something that the other hunters have brought in, but...."

He gave a bashful laugh, "I was too late today, and that means finding something for myself." He inwardly cringed at the admission, but it was the truth. He had never been one to lie.

Shaking his head, Rafiki turned his attention back to her, "Between the two of us, maybe we can manage a hunt?"

MiddyGlow

MangoMeow

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:19 am
MangoMeow

Dia laughed "It would seem so." She said happily it didn't really matter if they found any prey they would figure it out and survive. At least here in the Nezi pride it was possible to find food and water. Other places were not so lucky and some other prides were foolish enough to not be willing to leave a dying land. She still wished she could get her home pride to change their minds about clinging to the past. "I think we have a good chance to catch something if we work together." She smiled brightly. She was ready to get this going.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:27 pm
Rafiki grinned at her agreement - surely together they could catch something, right?

"Let's get to it then!" He paused, looking around them, "Although, I imagine that we've scared off all the prey around us with our talking. We may have to travel a bit first." He took a moment to try sniffing the air in the hopes of catching a scent of something, anything. Turning back to her, he lifted a paw to gesture to the right of him, "I think there may be something that way."

If they were lucky, it was something large, like an antelope, but if not, well, he supposed that it would just mean they got to keep hunting together. The thought made him happier than it perhaps should have.

MiddyGlow

MangoMeow

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:56 am
MangoMeow

Dia wasn't worried if they didn't find food today it would not be a big deal it wasn't like her homeland that if you missed a chance at food you would be in real trouble. One missed chance at food then could spell death. Her new home had enough food around that Dia did not fear starvation. If they messed this up they would be able to find more food later or just wait for a real hunter to bring meat back to the pride. She smiled brightly "I think you are right, but I do not mind spending time with you even if we do not find food this day."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:19 pm
He smiled wider at her response, happy that she felt the same way. The lion cleared his throat and began walking, "Let's get going then. I can find out more about how you're adjusting here while we walk."

With a flick of his tail, Rafiki padded off in the direction of their hunt. Hopefully they'd find something, but worst case scenario, they at least got to hang out.

MiddyGlow
Fin?

MangoMeow

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:48 pm
(Fin)  
[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers