Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[Log] A gentle storm (Kuchimba x Shika) (Dolly x Middy)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:03 am
Kuchimba gazed sadly out at the stormy sky. Rain was clearly on the way, ready to arrive at any moment. With the way the wind had picked up, it was likely to have thunder and lighting as well. Not a good day to be outside of shelter. At least he had shelter in this small but comfortable cave. He would have much rather been out digging though.

Chim had a lonely, but happy existence digging for useful or pretty items to trade to nearby prides and packs. He loved to dig and share the things that he found. He was awfully good at it too. Hard to dig when the rain would turn everything to mud.

As if his thoughts had summoned it, rain immediately began to pelt down in sheets. Chim retreated further back into the cave with a sigh, wishing he at least had someone to talk to while he waited for the skies to clear.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:12 am
Shika was in a rush and stuck in a major jam, she was a fearful hyena unlike many of her kind that seemed to fear nothing and were strong as they could be she was nothing like them. She was shy and gentle. The storm on the horizon was going to hit soon and she needed to find shelter before she was stuck in a horrifying thunderstorm. Loud sounds and bright lights flashing. So far she had found nothing she could use to get out of the storm coming short of digging a hole in the rogue lands and hoping for the best.

She expected the sky to open up at any moment and she would be soaked to the bone. She sighed as her prediction came true and she was soaked her fur hanging down as it was rather fluffy most days, now it was all wet and she was getting cold already which was strange with the temperatures in the savanna. She saw something in the distance finally and she ran towards it muddy and wet. She was a few feet from the cave when she realized that someone else was already in the cave. She was like a gazelle in a thunder storm frozen.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:55 am
Kuchimba had settled down to watch the storm a safe distance from the mouth of the cave, head settled on his paws. He was startled back to an upright position when he spied a figure emerging out of the rain. It was another hyena! Absolutely soaked and looking terrified.

“Hurry, come in!” he called out, concern lacing his voice. A loud peal of thunder startled him and he called out again. “It’s safe, I promise!”

Hopefully the female would be able to detect the honesty in his voice. Chim quickly moved out of the way so she’d have enough room to enter if she wished to.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:03 am
Shika blinked for a bit hearing the voice inviting her inside and a particularly loud blast of thunder made her choice for her. She ran into the cave and looked at the male who had invited her in. She didn't have much on her mind at the moment besides her fear of the storm that was raging outside. Once she had calmed down enough to speak she cautiously looked at the male and said "Thank you." Her tone was soft. She considered what to say next it made sense that she should tell him her name since he had been kind enough to invite her into his cave. He could be mean and ready to trick her but that had yet to be seen. "I'm Shika." She said gently.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:34 am
Chim could see that the female was frightened still and he did his best to look@as non-threatening as possible. The few other female hyenas he’d known had all been strong and confident, but that didn’t mean they all were. Kuchimba wouldn’t hurt anything other than hunting the food that he ate and he certainly would never attack another hyena.

He bowed and smiled kindly.

“Hello Shika. I’m Kuchimba, but most just call me Chim,” he said with chuckle knowing his name was a mouthful.

The storm looked as though it wasn’t going to stop anytime soon, so he settled back into a comfortable position hoping Shika would be able to relax and do the same.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:39 am
Shika had never considered attacking anything bigger then what she could take down on her own. She had always been too nervous to try and join a pack of hyenas so she really didn't have any friends. She had never considered making friends with another species since most of them were to big and strong to chance saying hi to. The last male hyena she had met had been less than kind to her as they both searched for water. She nodded her head and then said "Nice to meet you Chim." She wasn't sure if that was the case yet but so far he had been polite and had not threatened or glared at her. Which was a good start.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:10 pm
Another loud peal of thunder sounded and Chim flinched, a flash of lightning quickly dazzling the eyes before fading away. It was one heck of a storm. He was glad to be safe and dry.

He smiled again at Shika, hoping she was starting to dry off and feel comfortable as it looked like they were going to be there for awhile.

“Quite a storm,” he said quietly. “I’m sorry you got caught out in it, but I am glad you were able to find this shelter here. Do you live around here?” he asked casually. He hadn’t seen many other hyenas around, but he wasn’t very familiar with this area yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:16 pm
Shika jumped and ended up very close to Chim. She looked at him and then she backed up a little. "Yes, it's a rather big storm." She said clearing her throat. She looked at him again and then answered. "Yes I'm glad too, thank you for not chasing me away or glaring at me." She said in a soft tone. Shika shrugged her shoulders. "If you mean the rogue lands then yes I live around here, I've never tried to claim a cave of my own if that is what you mean." She looked around the cave trying to see if this was his home or just a place he happened to be staying.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:00 pm
Chim blinked a bit in confusion, wondering why she would assume he would have chased her off. There was plenty of room after all, even if it was a bit snug, and they were both hyenas. Perhaps she’d also been treated poorly in the past by others of their own kind. It had a tendency to leave scars, both visible and invisible. He pushed those memories aside.

“I’d never chase away someone in need. It isn’t safe to be out there in this storm,” he said, nodding seriously.

“I was lucky to find this cave earlier today. I have been wandering recently,” he added. He didn’t really have a home. Just went where he felt like and where he was able to find those to trade with.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:45 pm
Shika smiled and then said "That is very kind of you, not everyone is so kind." She recalled many times she was chased away. Considered too weak and timid to stand with her own people. She was not the same as others of her kind which was not something she often minded. She did not consider kindness a weakness in her heart. Sadly other hyenas seemed to rather break bones rather than heal them. "I am pretty much always wandering. I have never had a home of my own. It has always seemed better to stay fast and not make any attachments. Then there is nothing to be taken away." She dropped her head looking at the floor once again.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:06 pm
Chim nodded, sadly understanding what Shika had gone through. He’d once had a home and a family, if you could call it that. Eventually, he’d had to just let it all go and run away. He was better off. It was lonely though.

“Very true. Well, there is something to be said for the wandering life. I have seen some very lovely places,” he commented, cheerfully. He always did try to find the silver lining, the best way of looking at things. It didn’t help to dwell on the darker side of things.

“I wonder how long this storm will last,” he said, turning his gaze to the torrent outside. It was still pouring, though the wind had seemed to settle down some.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:11 pm
Shika smiled and nodded what Chim said made sense it was nice to explore and travel meeting new beings. She had been lucky to run into him and felt safe there in the cave with him. "I'm not sure when the storm will stop, but I am glad we are both safe here.." She paused and then said "Thank you again Chim you have been very kind to me. I hope I can help you someday as well." She said in a soft tone. She looked out of the cave watching the storm. She wondered as well when the storm would stop, she was glad for the company.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:00 am
Chim himself was exhausted and worn out. It looked as though Shika was as well. Perhaps they could both just rest comfortably until the storm passed.

He blinked, surprised at the thanks.

“You are very welcome,”he said quietly. “I wouldn’t want anyone to be out in this storm. I am glad you found this cave.”

He turned his gaze back towards the storm and rested his head on his outstretched paws, watching the rain.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:01 am
Shika laid her head down watching the storm as well and then she closed her eyes to rest for a while.

(Fin)  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas