Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Big Cat Feast] No Time for a Cat Nap! [Open!] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:23 pm
It was the wee-hour of the morning for the Western Continent, but Western Weyr was abuzz with activity. Though it would be a few hours yet before the sun rose, the glows had been opened, fire stoked, and lanterns lit outside in the Bowl. Who had time to sleep when there were baby dragons to welcome? Sleep could come later--for some, it was time to celebrate... for others, it was time to grieve.

Not all who woke with hope in their hearts would be present at the feast, after all; there was one, indeed, young Metzli, who had lost their life; their family, if not present, had been notified. The young adult had been lain out in the infirmary for friends to say farewell, before R'mor gave the youth a final salute, and Zinath carried the precious one Between. Orders were given for a bonfire to be lit down at the beach; a place for riders and Candidates alike to grieve, mourn, and remember the sacrifice given, and of course, the sacrifices that would inevitably follow.

Others, of course, wore heavy hearts after being passed by on the Sands. For some Candidates, this was their final chance at Impression, and the loss might hang heavily upon their shoulders; for the Barracks might well find themselves down even more numbers, as the reality that their hope for Impression was now over.

No one in the Weyr would be shamed if they hadn't the heart for celebrating. Folks could come and go as they wished. Those of HIgh Reaches Weyr had riders prepared to help them pack up their things and return them to the mountainous Weyr if they decided not to linger. Visitors had access to riders who were willing to return them to their Holds and Halls at all times. Even the weyrlings who wished to remain in the Barracks could do so, though Liat would encourage them to at least attend for a few moments; this was their time, after all, and the Weyr was looking forward to meet their newest riders. Weyrlings who Impressed from High Reaches Weyr would find their own

For those who did wish to attend the celebration, Western Weyr was prepared Though it was dark out, there were colored lanturns, glows, torches, and fires to light the way! There were table set up over-flowing with food. There was blackened wherry, roasted spiced herdbeast, and a large, smoked Deep Fish that took up an entire table in length! There were meat rolls, veggie rolls, and sweet rolls all of various flavors; one table a Spiderclaw Bisque, an Igen Curry, a Monocan Bay vegetable chowder, and a hearty High Reaches stew. There were fruits and vegetables from all over the Western continent, cheeses, hearty breads of various flavors, and a few roasted pies with a variety of spices, flavors, and fixings. For dessert, there were bubbly pies of six different flavors, multiple cinnamon loaves with a sweet drizzle, and a triple chocolate mousse whipped up by Master Baker Selionas herself. Klah, wine of all sorts, water, and fresh juices and ciders were settled on various tables. It was clear that no one would be hungry this day!

Harpers were stationed inside and out; those outside would find torches and lanterns placed to light their way if they wished to walk down to the beach. The harpers would play softer music outside while those inside would play a mix of jaunty dance numbers, and slower songs for which romance might well bloom.

Swallowing, Casgar struggled to get his emotions under control. As difficult as it was to lose any Candidates, this time it had been someone he'd known. Someone he'd loved. A young baker with their entire life in front of them. "Congratulations, new weyrlings! Western welcomes you. Enjoy your first celebration as a newly minted dragonrider of Pern." Holding his composure had been a struggle, and he gave a bow, sweeping his hand wide to gesture to the array of delights that awaited all guests of the Western Hatching Feast.

- - - - - -

OOC & IC Rules
1. The Big Cat Clutch Weyrlings are allowed to participate at the feast! For anyone who doesn't wish to participate, they can settle in the Barracks for the night. Weyrlingaster(s) and Assistants will be there to check on them.

2. Big Cat Clutch Weyrlings and Candidates have been given time to change into party-appropriate clothing. High Reaches Senior Weyrlings are not allowed to attend.

3. Big Cat Clutch Weyrlings do NOT get to drink, do NOT get to have pants feelings, do NOT get to get into tussles or fights. Candidates may take comfort however they see fit and are under no such restrictions--though fighting at a party will likely land them in heaps of trouble.

4. High Reaches Guests are allowed to attend provided there is a reason for them to be there--this could be helping in the kitchens, helping transport guests/visitors/Candidates, bringing over once HR weyrlings things and setting them up in the Barracks, etc. They can also come if they are family to the Candidates, or a lover/partner/date. Western Weyr is trying to make amends for some of their previous behavior, and is expected to put their best foot forward.

Wingleaders are expected to keep their more troublesome/vocal wingriders in line or else--Hestina's orders.

High Reaches has also been notified to keep the peace. This is a chance to smooth over some of the edges and make peace with their alliance.

5. Eating can happen anytime, though the Harpers probably won't start dancing immediately. There'll be time to scarf down food, before space is made indoors for couples to take a turn on the dance floor! Weyrlings are allowed to dance provided they don't do anyting to get them worked up, ifyouknowhatimean.

6. The Western Weyr Weyrlingmaster's will be checking in weyrlings. Orioth will be there in case any babies need a wing to huddle under. The Weyrlingmaster Second and Assistants will also periodically be waching/checking on the new pairs. Do not hesitate to reach out to any of us if you baby dragonet needs something!

7. That said, while baby dragonets are allowed into the Lower Caverns to be with Theirs (they are still small enough) they are expected to behave and not run wild. Any adult dragon can still order a baby dragon around, even the golds; while golds have command abilities, as a weyrling, they are STILL lower rank than even an adult green purely due to being a baby. Weyrlings don't officially get true rank until they graduate. This goes doubly at Western Weyr, as a gold is looked upon no differently than any other wingrider.

8. Remember, though, IC Action/Drama = IC Consequence! If action must be taken, please remember it is done so because of IC reasons and shouldn't be taken personally. That said, don't bring in characters just to cause trouble because you, as a player, think it's fun; that can spoil things for our other players or cause what we do to be shut down early. Please just try ot have fun! Remember, this is a Big Deal for new weyrlings, and all guest and visitors in attendance; if you were lucky to come to watch and celebrate, you are one of the rare few on Pern to do so. The vast majority of Pern NEVER gets to see a Hatching in their life, much less stand as a Candidate for one.

9. Have fun!

New Reminder/Rule: 10. I forgot to add this cause we had to run out the door for errands, but it is well known in a Weyr that baby dragons are known to act fierce and/or be dangerous before they find Theirs. The dragonets that injured/killed folks on the Sands will not be treated any differently than those who didn't; it's not taken as a personal offense. While it's clear the family and friends will be affected, and even spectators, at the end of the day dragons and riders know the hard rule--it happens. It's not a rarity, it's not a surprise, it's common. Dragons who haven't Impressed can be volatile, and every Candidate who enters the Sands knows this. The Weyr will mourn and grieve the loss, certainly, but the dragons themselves won't be treated poorly or differently and they certainly won't be punished or shamed. It's a sad loss, certainly, but it was a risk every Candidate accepted when they agreed to stand.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:09 pm
Aryale of Green Yaguareth

Aryale had taken a lot more time to sit on the new cot than she'd expected. There was something about it - that green head rested on her knee, a room she'd never seen before despite a lifetime in the Weyr, and that in a few weeks someone else would take up her vacancy in the candidate barracks. The sun had set on a version of her that wouldn't meet it again this morning.

There was nothing in this moment she hadn't desired since she realized that she could - should - want it. But Aryale still needed that moment to send that person off. That someone else. They would never exist again. She was a Dragonrider.

The time is approaching. Are you prepared? Yaguareth lifted her head to press it to Aryale's cheek. She latched to the warmth of the green's breath, running her fingers gently over one cheek. She was real, and hers, and it wasn't just a dream. It was so easy to have hoped. So easy to have clung desperately to that moment. It could have meant nothing. What if she hadn't felt the same? It was proper to greet all the others. But you have no reason to fear I ever strayed.

It would have been so easy to cry all over again.

Instead, Aryale kissed that perfect snout and rose to her feet to check her sleeves and make sure everything meant to be tucked in was tucked in. This time had belonged only to her and Yaguareth. Her parents would want to see. Her brother would wish he could. The rest of the pack would need introductions - had any of them ever been so close to a baby dragon? Humble would need her own introduction as well.

For the first time, she would enter a gathering as something more wonderous than just Aryale - though Yaguareth assured her she was never 'just'. Let High Reaches envy that they'd never have them.

---

Aryale was never a prideful creature, so perhaps the confidence she carried herself with as she entered the hall looked foreign on her. Maybe it was a natural side effect of all impressions. Never the less, that same radiating joy she'd left the sands with hadn't dimmed in the least. How could it when such a beautiful green was at her side?

She wouldn't even feel it in for Casgar, though Yaguareth would be told they'd be best to check in on him later. Not all candidates had been lost to Weyrlinghood. A thought to be mulled over as Aryale considered the spread of food that had been prepared.

Ah, dancing, food, talking...so much to do. Where did they start?  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:49 pm
Rio and Blue Tierboskath

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. None of this seemed quite real yet, and Rio had yet to fully wrap his mind around it. He'd never carried the certainty some did that they would Impress - he'd hoped, of course, with all his heart, but it had never been an inevitability. It had always seemed more likely that he would continue this right on up until he aged out, then maybe work in the kitchens or...or something. Wherever they'd have him so that he didn't have to leave.

What a silly notion. Of course it was inevitable - you were only waiting for me! And I was worth the wait, if I do say so myself. Tierboskath rubbed affectionately against his legs as the young man paused to take in the scene before them, and an insistent headbutt reminded his rider to give him a good scritch behind the headknobs. Oh, yes, just there! Ahh, he could have melted. But there were things to do! People to meet, clutchsibs to catch up with, dances to-

What was that?! Long legs carried him away for the expert attentions of His and towards the table that was occuppied entirely by...by whatever that was! It was glorious. Mine. Mine. I don't know what that is, but I need it.

Rio, who'd hurried over when summoned, raised an eyebrow. You mean the Deep Fish?

Yes. That. Purple consumed his wide eyes as he gazed upon what he was certain must be a delicacy. Just look at it! So large, so magnificent, and it smelled so, so good.

I'm not actually sure you can eat that. We'd have to find Liat and ask. Much as he wanted His to have everything he might desire, he was definitely not going to risk his health.

Why waste time finding when I can ask from here? Tierboskath chortled at His and reached out to the Weyrlingmaster's dragon, warmly polite but with the mental equivalent of puppy eyes. Orioth, can we eat the Deep Thing? Can we please?

Uta
for the most important question ever. emotion_facepalm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:10 pm
User Image
Candidate Dhawsn - 29, he/him (open for stuff!)

Post-Hatchings were always emotional one way or another. Dhawsn was used to it, was used to swooping down on the sullen to commiserate and offer a distraction and hunting down friends to congratulate and meet the new dragonet. And he had to do both once more and would do so in good time. But the man was distracted right now by something he could have never foreseen, a stone in the pre-Feast river rush. Just a meeting with an old friend he hadn’t seen in almost a decade, until—

”She looks just like you.”

The young girl was a little over a foot shorter than him, curled against her mother as if she could hide in her coat if she tried hard enough. She had the woman’s darker skin and hair, but he saw the same gold-brown eyes glancing up at him that he saw in the mirror, had briefly caught sight of a dimple just like his. The girl was shy, maybe of him, maybe from being around so many people and dragons, maybe of everything.

Dhawsn, the man who couldn’t stop chattering if he wanted to normally, was stunned into absolute silence. Thick brows knitting, he turned to the trader, Basilena, with a silent question or three in his eyes.

“She’s 9 turns old at the end of summer,” the woman supplied, carefully neutral until she could read his reaction.

9 turns. What had he been doing 9 turns ago? He had been...still at Telgar Hold, he thought, working as a blacksmith apprentice at the Hall. Dhawsn frantically searched for anything that stood out, but his memory wasn’t the best. He had spent a few nights with Basilena, sure, but she had never said anything about...

“I should have told you,” she said, as if reading his mind. Her hand idly went to stroke the girl’s hair. “I’m sorry. You always looked so busy, and then you were searched...I couldn’t get away to find you.”

Maybe he should have asked how she knew. But Dhawsn had never been one to pry, not even for this. His gaze went back to the girl, and he crouched so they were at eye level.

“Hey,” he said softly. “I’m Dhawsn.”

Vasilena nudged her daughter (his daughter) encouragingly. The girl made a soft sound.

“Come on, Daisy,” the woman murmured. “Like we practiced.”

She hesistated a few moments more before saying, “Dhaesilva. But people call me Daisy.”

Daisy. Dhawsn found himself breaking into a smile, and he tried not to tremble as he reached out a hand. “Real nice t’meetcha, Daisy.”

Dhaesilva shook once and stared at his arm. “You’re super hairy. You should probably shave that.”

Dhawsn barked a small laugh as her mother shushed her.

“We can talk more at the feast,” Basilena told him, looking relieved for a moment before the grimness returned. “But I need you to know. Business hasn’t been good. I’ve been looking for a relative for Daisy to stay with in case things go south, and, well, I thought about you and how you went to the weyr. And with Thread here...”

Dhawsn glanced up at her. “I-I can ask about the crèche,” he said. His mind was still lurching to process it all, but the impulse to help remained as quick on the draw as ever.

“Mommy said dragonriders have perks,” Daisy put in, still clinging to her mother but better now that the ice had broken. “Like their own house on the beach! If I stay here, can I live there with you?

Whatever knot was in his chest tightened. “I, uh...M’just a candidate, sweetheart,” Dhawsn explained, still keeping his smile up. “But I know people who know people. I bet we can getcha hooked up. You can walk the beach whenever ya want.”

“Like I said, we can talk later,” Basilena said. Maybe he imagined the hint of surprise and disappointment in her expression.

Dhawsn considered his beer and then downed it all in one go. Faranth, he wasn’t sure whether to be elated he was a father or terrified that his child wouldn’t be happy about it. Maybe angry or guilty that he hadn’t been able to be there for her for nearly a decade. Maybe suspicious that he was being approached at all. No, no, he wouldn’t give in to that...  

medigel

Anxious Spirit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:22 pm
Fisher and Green Euxanth

You can let me down, I promise I won't run off. Four stumpy legs waved uselessly in the air as their owner attempted to wriggle herself free from the grip that held her close. It wasn't unpleasant, she had to admit to herself, as she liked the feeling of Hers against her side and the way Hers effortlessly showed off her strength. That was partly what had drawn Euxanth to Fisher, that raw strength openly displayed to any who'd challenge, plus about everything else. I mean it! You don't have to carry me 'cause I'm not going anywhere that you can't follow.

Fisher's response to her dragon's comment was to pull her a bit closer. "Humor me fer a bit, mmkay." The small green huffed a complaint-like noise but Fisher could tell it was all a feint. The sheer amount of love and delight the pair was feeling might not have been openly obvious but it was there. Sharp, strong, and present in the form of a new Weyrling coming in carrying her lifemate in the same manner one might carry a sack of tubers. Fisher was dressed in probably the nicest clothes she'd ever worn in her entire life, and what little hair had been threatening to grow back had been cleaned.

I think you look great. Euxanth might have been sensing some of Fisher's hestiation, and her kind judgement was rewarded with a snort. Okay, admittedly I'm biased but!!! I think you look.....hamstone.

"The word yer lookin' for is handsome, an' thanks. You're quite the stunner too. Prettiest shade'a green by far." Euxanth rumbled as if to affirm, not even trying to protest it might not be true. "Anyone here you wanna talk to? I got a few faces I know from my time at High Reaches, but nothin' too strong."

Euxanth hummed. There was someone who told me jokes. I want to hear more of his jokes so I can laugh in his face over them. The rider raised an eyebrow at her dragon's choice of words, basically understanding that Euxanth meant to life at the jokes and not at the man. Hopefully. There was still too much between them that was unknown in terms of personality but they had their entire lives to work it out, right? Let's find him!!! Put me down and we'll split up to search.

"......... .. " The other eyebrow was raised. The blonde knew enough about this dragon to understand she completely enjoyed running and not holding still, but if they were searching two separate bodies were better than one. "You better come when I call." With all the hesitation she never expected, Fisher set Euxanth down and almost groaned with regret the moment the little green sped out of her line of sight. "I swear to Faranth above."

I'm coming for you, MISTER JOKES!!!!

medigel
u mad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:54 pm
Dsharmira of Green Zhaoruith

Dsharmira had given the riders who were being sent for her things as detailed instructions as she could on what to pack. She wouldn’t be able to bring everything yet and she hoped that the right items would make it. After that she cleaned as much of the ichor and sand from her dress as she could and sat with Zhaoruith in her lap on her new bed. She had never dreamed of being a dragonrider even before Thread returned and was certainly not thrilled about now having to risk her life constantly because it had.

But no one else would do. Zhaoruith could feel Dsharmira’s love for her and the conviction her rider had that no matter what happened, it would be worth it to have Zhaoruith in her life. Just because Dsharmira had never dreamed of a dragon before didn’t mean she wouldn’t fiercely protect their bond now. I know. And I am more fortunate for it.

At the feast she did what she did best in these situations. She mingled. As she had no one in particular she wanted to talk to, she followed Zhaoruith’s suggestions and sought out the fellow Weyrlings. They found Aryale and Yaguereth first. “Hello,” she greeted Aryale as Zhaoruith led them to the pair. Zhaoruith greeted Yauereth similarly if a bit more verbosely. Hello dear sister, isn’t the feast for us marvelous? And now everyone is dressed as finely as Dhsarmiramine. It is a lovely sight. The little green was appreciating the beauty and art that went into human fashions.

demon_pachabel

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:27 pm
Aryale of Green Yaguareth

Aryale had been contemplating the spread of food quite intently until Yaguareth perked up at her side, the young dragon far more interested in her siblings and the others around than she was food not meant for her. She, in turn, looked away from everything that was reminding her stomach that dinner the night before had been so far away. "Oh! Nice to see you again!" Aryale greeted, "It was Dsharmira, right?"

Yaguareth glanced from Zhaoruith up to the table, then back to her sister again at her inquiry. They have prepared a banquet so fine that mine cannot decide what looks best. I have heard there will also be quite the merrymaking later with dancing. Do you think it would be fun to watch? she asked.

Faesinger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:39 pm
User ImageUser Image
Nikal - 19, he/him - & Green Tecuanith

Nikal didn’t want to go to the feast at first, a thought he had nursed while he helped clean his dragon up. Why should he, when he could meet with his family whenever and wanted nothing more than to sit in the lower caverns and hold his newly beloved close? Why should he share? He had been to plenty of feasts before, and after a while the dancing and loud music irritated him—and he couldn’t even drink to dull the pain!

But Tecuanith wanted to, and that was that.

Whether it was to an adoring public or to animosity, she didn’t care. Well, no, she absolutely deserved to be adored as herNikal did, but she wouldn’t hide away in a cave when she could be out there being praised and welcomed and shining against her most handsome and brave rider. And after all, they could tear into any naysayers together.

We’re not supposed to, Nikal reminded her regretfully. It sort of undermined his heated words to her on the sand, though it would still be a hard impulse to keep in check if he caught any muttering about the dead candidate within earshot. They had gotten their funeral and send off and the rest could mourn in private; no-one better ruin a day that was meant to be his green’s.

< It undermines nothing, > Tecuanith assured him. His oath was much more than just words, after all. She cherished and relished in the spirit of it. < Now, get dressed. We’ve people to to inspire fear and love in. >

Nikal was sure she would, but he looked like a child stuffed into clothes fancier than his background suggested and felt like something similar. Not that he had gone to events before looking ragged, but there hadn’t been any point in looking as good as he apparently needed to now. After saying no to one of Tecuanith’s many opinions (< You should go shirtless. You have scars much like mine, and we can show them off together. >), they finally made it to the feast.

The proud way Tecuanith carried herself despite being small was reminiscent of a feline on the prowl, albeit one with wings that were mantled and eyes that languidly ran red over otherwise pleased colors. Beside her, Nikal shoved his hands in his pockets out of habit, trying not to slouch along with it. Luckily, the green already knew precisely where to be first. Navigating the floor was a little difficult given how packed it was, but after one slap of her tail against an offending set of legs and a look at her snarl, a berth was given. Nikal barely remembered to nod at the congratulations along the way.

< Sisters mine, > Tecuanith purred as she slinked over to Zhaoruith and Yaguareth to bump her head against them. < The party may now truly commence now that I am here! Shall we stalk the place together? > Why wait for the merrymaking when they could go to it? The festivities were all for them, after all, and Tecuanith wasn’t content to sit, even if it was easier for admirers. Though if they both argued for a sit and chat, she might be hard pressed to say no...

Nikal tennisballed his gaze between the two weyrlings before glancing around. Coast seemed clear...“Uh. I can get us drinks?” he offered, looking positively itchy in his dress shirt.

xdemon_pachabel

xfaesinger

medigel

Anxious Spirit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:55 pm
F'ell and Brown Teth[/color

I don't want to go. F'ell attempted to pull the shirt over his head, only to find his elbow was snagged and the outfit couldn't be removed. It didn't help that he wasn't anywhere near his personal weyr and this able to just rip it off; Teth had managed to get his rider nearly to the feast before his usual antisocial nature had kicked in. I don't even like half of these people. His shirt was stuck and there was no moving his arm to get himself free.

Teth's sad voice hit him like a sack of firestone. But...they're my babies. The brown had sworn, over and over, that he was would stay calm and silent and not bring any more attention to himself. He'd made a complete a** of himself at the hatching and the sheer amount of dressing down F'ell had given to his dragon could not be comprehended by outsiders. It was only because of the verbal flogging that F'ell had even agreed to come along before his complete desire to remain alone reared up. Don't....don't you want to see them now that they've Impressed? Some of my best friends are their lifemates now.

None of them are my friends. F'ell sighed and tried to lower his arms, though the catch of his shirt held them snuggly in place above his head. I can't even have a proper conversation with anyone and yet you want me to pretend to care about a bunch of people who don't like me, who've Impressed to babies who don't like you. The rider wouldn't forget how that green had killed a kid, nor how one had actually attacked Teth. Granted, the brown had been spiraling out of control and even F'ell had lost his cool.

Fellmine..... Teth's saddened voice struck again and this time F'ell audibly groaned. It was the sign of giving in that Teth knew all too well, and the brown instantly perked up. You should hurry up then!! F'ell didn't move nor answer. Mine? From where he'd been resting outside of the gathering place, Teth's eyes whirled yellow with a small flicker of worry.

.... . . .I'm stuck in this shirt. There was a long, pregnant pause. Don't you dare call someone for help. He was far enough away that F'ell was hoping no one would stumble by, but he was also clearly close enough that the odds of no one encountering him were low. Faranth, could this day please be over soon? A few more grunts and wiggles had the shirt a bit more loose, but it wasn't coming off unless he magically grew another set of hands.

It was then he grew the idea in mind to not wear a shirt for the next few sevendays or so. They were cursed and he was tired.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:02 pm
User ImageUser Image
Raelin & Green Saith (open for stuff, especially the Teas!)

Raelin had been one of many riders that had volunteered to help ferry High Reaches candidates to the Western side, and the trip was a nice break from the usual to-do. Of course, then Saith had to be Saith.

< RaelinMine, > the green asked with utter seriousness, < how young is too young to profess my love to someone? >

Faranth please no. Saith. No.

< Did you see how that brown had strutted and flexed? I’m smitten! He reminds me of Aryath and his swagger... > Saith sighed girlishly at the thought (with extra effort just to be annoying), and Raelin tried not to gag.

I thought we were here to visit your family? she tried to prod while surveying the treasure that was the feast table. If nothing else, that was something to look forward to.

< Of course we are. And I am also here to practice~ >

And when will the show actually start again?

Saith’s eyes twinkled as she surveyed her own feast of dragons. So many to mingle with, so many family members to catch up and cuddle with. < Not for a few months more. Patience, Mine~ >  

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:05 pm
Marinel and Green Shanath

M’ari wouldn’t have been able to believe it, had not the constant reminder been by his side. He’d Impressed! He had looked forward to this day since he’d first come to the Weyr. He hadn’t been sure what to wear—it had been Keleres who had suggested his green vest to match Shanath.

You look nice, dear. The green had followed him contentedly, encouraging him. Fix your hair now—there we go. Appearances are important today? So she had gleaned from her rider’s careful attention to his attire. Don’t worry too much. I didn’t pick you for your looks and no one who matters will care what you look like. Make sure you’re polite when you’re introducing us!

But M’ari wasn’t thinking about making introductions. He was looking for Dhawsn, Astri, and Stormy. More importantly, he was glancing around for Keleres. He hadn’t seen her since she’d advised him on what to wear. He was hoping to catch her for a dance or three.

Dea and #Teddy#
M’ari looks for his friend Astri!

Sweet Symmetry
M’ari hopes to dance with Kel!

medigel
M’ari is looking for his friends!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:49 pm
Liat & Orioth

Orioth rested outside, eyes a bright blue-green, as he watched the Candidates and the young dragonets begin to arrive. The blue dragon had been taking notes over each and every dragon that hatched, and already had some solid ideas of what they might be like; who appeared to be shy, who appeared to need an extra set of eyes, who was walking well, who was likely going to be a handful; the blue dragon was excited to get to know this new bunch, and hoped to help ensure survival through the next Turn.

Orioth rumbled gentle greeting as he watched each one pass, the paternal dragon happy to see such fine additions to the Weyr. Even though Candidates had been wounded, and one even killed, there was no shame--hatchlings would be hatchlings, and now that they found Theirs he knew there would be no trouble.

Ah, but when Tierboskath's touch reached out to him, the blue dragon lifted his head and turned to stare at the Dining Hall entrance. He sent a warm wave of fondness back to the young blue, and considered his request. This time, though, he spoke to both Rio and his blue--just in case the young one felt he might exaggerate the truth of the matter. Fish is suitable enough as a sometimes treat, if Yours is careful to give you a small piece and ensure there are no bones hidden within. Your main source of nutrition should be herdbeast and wherry, but certain types of fish can be eaten on rare occasion. This Deep Fish should be fine--but don't eat too much; you had your fill earlier, lest you wind up with an upset stomach. And Orioth knew well that hatchlings could easily have sensitive stomachs; many of them would suffer stomach aches, and all the side effects that came with indigestion at least once within the first sevenday, he was certain; sometimes indulging ones dragon was easy until they had to deal with an ill baby.

Liat gave a small snort and smile. She was certain the weyrlings would want to experiment with different foods, and would need to be careful; not every food served was suitable for a baby dragon, and dragons themselves needed a relatively strict diet. Still, she moved among the crowd, keeping an eye primarily on the young dragons she saw; she was here for them, to answer questions, to ensure they were looked after... but she intended to enjoy herself as well. Baby dragons weren't, after all, like Pernese babies; they were more independent and capable, and Orioth would keep as much an eye out as she would.

Whether or not she'd dance, well... that would remain to be seen.

Meepfur
Boss says okay--but only a little bit this once. No more. Or else. Especially as that fish is there for the people to eat...

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:20 pm

User Image User Image

Kiri & green Felisath

The young woman was torn as she changed out of her Candidate robes, and into her outfit. While she tended to prefer pants or shorts for her everyday attire, on special occasions, she didn't mind holding a more traditional look. Part of her hadn't even expected to attend the Feast--if she hadn't found Felisath, there was a good chance she would have turned in her knots and--

But I was here. I am here. And I will never leave you alone again The green could feel the emotions well up within her dearest loves heart, and immediately leaned forward to press her nose fond against her hand.

Kiri immediately looked down, tenderly brushing her fingers against the green's muzzle and cheeks, tenderly pressing the little one close to her hip. The green eye's whirled a bright purple-blue as she gazed up at Hers, matching her love, her need, her affection, her joy with every breath. Kiri felt as if she were a different person. Never had she imagined that she could feel so passionately as she did with the delicate creature that gazed so lovingly up at her. Her little flower was everything and more. How could she have ever desired to bond to a feline when Felisath had been waiting for her? How could she have ever thought to give it up, to return to the jungles, to go back to her studies, when such a precious and beloved creature was gazing up at her?

Honestly... Kiri felt as if she were a different person before Felisath. In a way, she knew that she well and truly was. It hadn't been long but already she knew she could not live without the connection she had with the little green. The grief that had so clouded her hearts, while not forgotten, had lessened substantially; she would never forget her brother, but she truly felt as if she could live without guilt. Shinnikan, she knew, would understand; he wouldn't be forgotten, nor would Aureliath--but she would live double for the life he didn't get to experience. She would become the fighter that she knew he'd want her to be, the fighter he would have been. She wouldn't live with yesterday's regret--she would live for every moment.

As the girl finished her hair, and slipped on her dress, she was pleased that the color was green. She'd always been fond of the shade, thanks to her eyes, but with Felisath in her life, the color had more meaning. Felidae gave a happy churr from where he'd draped himself over the looking glass, the bronze nothing but celebratory. While Felisath didn't seem to like company, she tolerated the bronze; he was too little to do much harm, and seemed as devoted to her as to Kiri. Still, the little green felt her anxiousness grow the sooner it was time for them to be off. While she did not vocally object, the girl knew her feelings, and automatically pushed love her way.

"We'll be all right," she spoke, sending nothing but assurance to the green "I don't need a feast, I don't need a celebration, I don't need anything but you." She made sure that the green understood how much Kiri needed her in her life, now and forever "And yet... There are some I would like to introduce you too, and I am certain some of your sisters would enjoy seeing you there. We won't need to stay long, all right?" The girl crouched down, looping an arm around the green's neck, and cuddling close to the little one. I won't let anyone hurt you, all right? She assured, vehemence laced within every word.

The green offered a small croon, cuddly close to Hers, leaning into that affection and need. ...We can go. I will be brave, for you. The little dragon tried hard to make it sound believable, and Kiri loved her all the more for it.

"I know you will. And I won't let you alone for a minute." Felidae swooped down and took a perch upon her bare shoulder, giving Felisath an encouraging croon. Together, the trio made their way out of the Barracks, and across the Bowl to where the party was gathering. Felisath remained as close to Kiri as she could without tripping her, her eyes a mix of yellow-green.
She was happy to be with Hers, but still a bit concerned about this Big Gathering. Still, she had said she would be brave, and this green was nothing if not true to her word.

Kiri, for her part, walked with a renewed confidence and assurance. She had never been shy, and even now, she felt as if she were more alive, more joyous, more sure of herself than ever. All doubt, all burden of grief, all regret had been washed away by the green who now followed in her wake. Ah, but she was not so fully self-absorbed; she had every intention of visiting the bonfire later--to think of Meztli, of her brother, of her parents, of all the ones she'd lost--but for now, she was here to focus on Felisath. The world would know how perfect her little darling was, and just let them tell her she was second-rate or somehow less. No one would say a word against her, and those who dared, would find Kiri at their throats.

Just because she was in a dress made her no less dangerous, after all.

[She's open for interaction! I'll throw her at folks if no one bites after tomorrow. For now, sleeps!]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:32 am
Rio and Blue Tierboskath

Orioth's answer was met with a surge of gleeful delight, and the little blue celebrated with an eager circle around his rider. Deep Fish, Deep Fish! He was utterly convinced just from the sight of it that it would be delicious, and thrummed with anticipation as Rio laughed at his antics. Just one piece and no bones, we promise! Thank you, Orioth!

Tierboskath sat back on his haunches and up, balancing himself with his wings, to watch with rapt anticipation while His procured him a piece and checked it over for bones. Once he was sure it was safe, Rio scooped half the piece in his hand to hold it out to his bonded, but the blue hesitated. ...can I eat it off the plate?

Yeah, sure, don't see why not, Rio responded with a shrug, returning the piece to the plate and holding that out instead. The end result was a bit awkward, as dragons weren't exactly made to eat delicately from plates, but if that was what Tierboskath wanted to do, Rio wasn't going to tell him no over something so harmless.

Tierboskath took his time savoring every last little nibble of the treat, this new and exquisite delicacy, before leaning against His in a swoon. That was amazing, he sighed appreciatively.

Rio grinned and rubbed between his headknobs. "Come on, then. Let's go find Alya and Isilje! Maybe later you can meet Baihath, too."

Uta
thank u Papa Orioth emotion_kirakira

Tsunake
looking for certain someones~

MaraRune

Meepfur
Crew

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:13 am
User Image User Image

Wren of Bronze Nimrath

To say that the pair had not taken the utmost of time to attire themselves would be a lie. Wren had even allowed Nim to pick out some of the trinkets that dripped from Wren's neck and ears. The Jeweler was a picture of grace, adorned in soft autumnal silks, some beautiful pieces he'd made, and a few he'd picked up over the years, and Nimrath freshly oiled just before coming down. It wouldn't do for the two of them to be anything less than the picture of beauty. They were perfect, after all. Tonight was the night to show it. Nimrath was all lithe grace as they strode in to the Gather, right by Wren's side as the boy plucked a small glass of Klah from the table and took a sip without so much as a how do to anyone. Ah, how he wanted to be dancing with everyone right now, but dances could wait~. He'd go find L'an in a moment to sweep the other in to the first. A drink was needed, and... Look at my brothers and sisters, so wrapped up in the sights and smells...terribly entertaining, really. Nim's lazy drawl in his head was still taking some getting used to.

It was deeper than he'd thought it might be, more of a rumble than he'd always imagined. It was a roll of the ocean waves, amused, and clearly interested. There was a cleverness hidden under the idle boredom, and an intelligence that could shock the world...if Nim might get off his bronze a** to bother. Ah well. Time to get a move on. Weaving his way through people, hatchling ever dancing at his side, it didn't take long to spot his father, eyes glimmering in delight. "L'an!"

Who's this now....Father? Amusement again colored Nimrath's tone as he sifted gently through memories of L'an. Someone his Wren held in VERY high esteem. Well and good then. Let this L'an admire. He stretched out his bronze wings, letting them catch the lantern light just so.

ShinosBee

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces