[PRP] A Traveler Travels (Rhuthro x Lu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:10 pm
Rhuthro breathed in deeply, reveling in the scent of the salty water that filled the air. It wasn't too often that his travels brought him this close to the sea, so it was always a novelty for him. It was one of his last stops before he needed to be returning home but he was fairly tempted to linger.

It wasn't that he didn't enjoy his homelands and his follow pride members. He did enjoy the time that he spent there. However, he was different from everyone else there in that a part of his heart and soul longed to wander and to explore. Everyone else loved to stay. They never left the pride lands, never smelled air that was different or saw sights that were different. To Rhuth, nothing sounded more horrifying than being stuck in one place.

Fortunately, it was his duty to travel and to meet others, to gather news of the other prides as well as goods and to bring them back home. It made him somewhat of a celebrity which he greatly enjoyed as well.

Still, he needed to be about his duties. He only needed to gather a bit more news to take home. Something juicy and interesting. If only he could find someone to talk to.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:20 pm
Sherpuff

The old wild dog trotted across the lands. She had once lived in a pack, and while she enjoyed her time amongst her own kind, the pack life ended up not being for her.

So she had left. This had been years ago. She never thought she would be where she was today, yet her she was, spritely as ever in her older age. She probably could thank her children for keeping her active, and helping avoid big threats.

The small bag the female carried jingled on her side as she moved quickly. She had visited a dense forest, where she found some lovely flowers and hardened seeds within them. She didn't know what she could use them for, but surely everything had its purpose. If Lu stood in one place, she'd likely be a little packrat.

Her paws brought her to sifting sands, and salty air. The breeze rustled through her fur, a feeling she hadn't felt in quite a while. Perhaps she'd make camp here for a few days, to rest her aching paws, and maybe find new trinkets for her bag.

Time would tell.

Her green eyes narrowed spotting another nearby. She remained on edge, watching the feline closely. Her fur bristled slightly.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:35 pm
KasaiLoki

Rhuth was delighted when he noticed the wild dog in the distance. Even more so when he spotted the small bag carried at her side. He had a similar bag slung around his neck and nestled in his mane where he carried goods to take back with him. Perhaps she would have something to trade. He was hoping to find a gift to take back to a certain female....

One wasn't a good Fallohide without being able to read others, so he noticed the fear with which the female eyed him and he could certainly understand. At least she wasn't running immediately in the other direction.

He graced her with his most charming and disarming smile before calling out a hearty greeting.

"Hello there! Good day to you!"

It could never hurt to be too cheerful. He attempted to look as non-threatening as possible and hoped that she would stay.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:49 pm
Sherpuff

Delu'Elon's ears pinned back as the other gazed at her, only perking in interest as he seemed to smile. Oh...he didn't seem...like he was ready to fight?

Lu relaxed a little bit as the male called out to her. Okay, she could handle that so far. Deciding it rude to not speak to the male, the female sat, but still kept a watchful gaze on the female. "Hello there," she returned the greeting. Her head tilted as she eyed the similar bag on the male's shoulder.

"Whatcha got there?" any fight or flight response she had was out the window as curiosity overrode her senses. She peered into the darkness, as if trying to see what was within it. Her tail thumped against the ground slightly, a happy gesture.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:46 pm
KasaiLoki

Honestly, there wasn't a violent bone in Rhuthro's body. He knew just enough to provide adequate self-defense and he relied more on his quite impressive speed. He certainly couldn't outrun a cheetah, but he was rather fast for a lion. He needed to be as his duties occasionally called for him to travel quickly. But still, the thought of attacking another was the furthest thing from his mind.

Rhuth was happy to see the female relax, and even more pleased when she noticed his bag. Perhaps she would be interested in trading!

He settled a polite distance away before smiling disarmingly and answering.

"Well, I have a number of interesting things here. Some herbs, nice stones, a few different kinds of dried plants and flowers.....", he rattled off as he took a mental tally of his bag's contents.

There were several things he'd be willing to trade if she had anything of interest. He hoped she'd also be willing to divulge some news. Any tidbit was of interest for him to take back to his homelands, especially considering the border wasn't that far off.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:58 pm
Sherpuff

Lu hummed as the other began to advise of what was in his bag. She nodded as her paw reached for her own, looking inside, checking off some of the items he had with hers.

Instead of keeping the contents a secret, the wild dog ended up pouring everything from her back to the hardened ground so the lion could get a good glimpse of things. Feathers believed to be from gods, shiny rocks from the deepest caverns (rumored to have healing abilities), and her own collection of dried herbs and flowers that could be used for medicinal purposes.

"I've been looking for some more healing herbs. Do you have any willing to give up?" Lu had some news to share, and likely would once she had learned a bit more about this lion.

"I am Lu, by the way."  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:42 pm
KasaiLoki

Rhuthro eagerly eyed Lu's collection to see if there was anything he'd want to trade for. He seemed to spy a small collection of seeds that were wrapped up in a large leaf. Seeds were always an easy thing to carry and trade and he knew that the farmers would be delighted if he brought some back.

Of course, the farmers for the pride focused almost exclusively on growing iboga for the brewers to use to make the brew that was enjoyed by all of the members of the pride. But the farmers did like to experiment and grow other plants as well. He knew that Tshala, the Master Farmer, had a small plot where she grew several different plants that could be used for a variety of different things.

Since the female had clearly emptied out her pouch for him, he could only be polite and do the same. He spilled the contents carefully on the ground.

"Nice to meet you out here, Lu. I'm Rhuthro. I travel for my pride, searching for news and goods to trade and bring back. Looks like you have some seeds there, perhaps? I'd be interested in those."

Hearing her request, he quickly organized the leaf pouches with his paw. Each leaf was dyed a different color to help identify which herbs were which and what their contents were.

"Yes, I have some medicinal herbs here. A few different kinds. I also have some herbs that aren't as useful for treating things, but do make really good dyes for nice vivid colors. I believe this one here is for pain, this one is good for stopping bleeding, and this one here helps aid pregnant mothers with birth," he murmured, pointing each one out with a claw and mentally digging in his memory to remember correctly.

"Anything you might be interested in?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:52 pm
Sherpuff

Lu's green eyes glanced at each of the colorful leaves. She liked how he had them coded for identification. It was much better than hers just sprawled around. She had likely lost a few items in her travels. Perhaps she could take a page from this boy.

She didn't let the look towards her seeds go unnoticed. "Those will grow in the cooler months. If I remember correctly, they should bloom these blue flowers that are good for nausea. Plus, they look pretty." Lu grinned, pushing them towards Rhuthro.

"Maybe have these for one of each of those?" She pawed one of the bright colored leaves used to dye items, as well as one that could aid pregnant mothers. She had met many mothers to be, and figured that would be most helpful.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:35 pm
KasaiLoki

Rhuthro knew that he could try to barter, but he was anxious to complete his current trip and get home. And really, he had access to plenty more dried herbs. He could always replenish his stock to make up for the loss.

"Done!" he said with a smile. He separated the leaf packets she'd indicated and nudged them towards her. He threw in an extra one of the packets for pregnant mothers as he had plenty of them and very rarely had need of them. Pregnant mothers didn't generally like to converse with him but were far more likely to turn to another female if they needed to.

He eagerly scooped up the seeds and carefully wrapped them in a large spare leaf he had for just such an occasion.

"Good trading with you, Lu. I thank you. The farmers in my pride will be very pleased to have new seeds to experiment with."

Really, there was only one particular farmer he was thinking of, but she didn't need to know that. He casually turned the conversation to see if he could glean any interesting news as well.

"Whereabouts are you traveling from?" he asked with a friendly smile as he packed the goods carefully back in his pack.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:05 am
Sherpuff
One more for you to wrap up? :]

Lu flashed a wide smile as her tail began to wag. "Thank you! You as well!" She yipped like a puppy, gathering her new stash and tucking it into her bag. She would become more organized one day. Today was not that day.

"I hope they aid you better than they have me! Perhaps our paths will cross and you can share with me the details of its success?" The wild dog asked, her head tilting somewhat as she glanced at Rhuthro.

"I have traveled from the North, heading South here. I have no where in mind I am going, just heading in a direction until my paws say no more. Who knows where that will lead too, or when that will happen." Could be later today, tomorrow, or years from now. Lu would continue to roam, to use her herb knowledge for helping, until she could not any longer.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:12 pm
KasaiLoki
Looks good to me! <3

Rhuthro nodded, pleased not only with the transaction, but the interaction in general. It was always good for him to create new contacts and there was the possibility he would be able to trade with Lu again in the future.

"Indeed! That would be wonderful. If your paws bring you back this way, you may see me again. My pride has me wandering a great deal, trading in goods and information. I would be happy to treat with you again sometime," he added with a debonair smile and a gallant bow.

Noting the sun's placement in the sky, he realized that he would need to leave immediately and travel with some speed to make it back by the time he was expected.

"I hope to see you again, Lu. And safe travels to you!" he called, as he set his head and paws towards home.

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games