[SRP] Change in Perspective

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:49 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:23 am
Isobana stood abruptly from where she'd been laying and, as quietly as she could, wandered through the brush to a large rock formation which she was able to hide behind. Tears prickled her eyes which oddly sent a flash of white-hot anger through her chest. She'd been watching a litter of cubs from a distance--something she did often, but today it was wrenching at her heart from more than usual.

Isobana desperately wanted to be a mother. She had no blood-family to speak of and, almost out of sheer spite, she wanted to prove she could be a good one despite her own mother's lack of maternal capabilities. But she felt desolate, as if she might be unable to conceive cubs; though honestly she'd never tried to. She wanted to but the males of the pride were... difficult to get alone. She was also Busisa and sometimes felt second-hand to the lionesses who were born in. Not wanting to stir the pot, she often didn't shove her way into the view of these males. To that effect, she didn't exactly know which of them she wanted to father her children. That was a rather important decision, or at least to her. She let out a shaky sigh, and slumped against the rock, defeated.

A few moments later, light steps would be heard coming towards Isobana. Quickly, she attempted to rub the wetness from her face and turn around expectantly. She hadn't realized someone had noticed her absence, or rather hoped not.

A familiar lioness appeared, distinguishable by her tail marking. "Excuse me. Are you... quite alright?" Entsha had noticed the lioness on several occasions; always near the cubs but never close enough to actually be considered a nanny. Entsha was herself frequently watching them despite her never born any herself. It was just what naturally fell to her as duties amongst the pride.

She'd been meaning to approach the scarred lioness, invite her to join her in watching the rambunctious groups of little ones but never had seemed to get around to it.

If Isobana could have, she would have flushed. "I'm fine, thank you." She didn't intend to be rude but she was rather embarrassed.

Entsha wasn't easily embarrassed or deterred for that matter. "You don't look it." She let a small, friendly smile peak out so the lioness knew she wasn't intending to be rude.

Isobana let out a little laugh and wiped at her cheek again. "Yes, I imagine not." After a few heartbeats, she continued. "It's just... hard. Watching the cubs and not having... your own family." She ended this last bit with nearly a whisper.

Entsha's ears were very good, however, and she understood clearly. "Ahh." She nodded, looking away now but stopping herself from glancing back at the children. "I see." She let a kind smile show through, still. "You're not alone in that feeling." She moved closer to the lioness now, bumping her head against the other's shoulder. "Cubs are a wonderful thing to have, but... there's family here too."

While it was true that Entsha was born into the pride, she didn't distinguish between those born here and those that arrived after. They were in this together and a pride was best when it was whole, accepting, and treated each other with kindness. She knew all too well that many others in the pride, older lionesses especially, didn't hold this view but there wasn't much to done about that.

Of course Entsha was traditional in most senses, as bonelander born. She agreed the young boys should be sent out into the world when they came of age, that there was something odd about a lion with a funny, bright pelt... but this lioness was neither of those things and she felt a sisterly duty to console her as best she could.

"Its hard being a part of something where... you might feel alone, despite everyone around you." She was guessing in the dark here, but she'd never seen the lioness socialize or be around the others. It was as if she lived on the outskirts of everyone. "Cubs will come one day... but in the mean time. Why not join me later? There's not much to hunt lately, of course, but we could give it a try." She grinned now, her mouth watering at the idea of finding decent meat to fill her belly tonight.

Isobana had remained silent throughout the lioness' speech, not even looking directly at her out of embarrassment, but she couldn't deny the surge of pleasure she got from being recognized. Told her emotions were shared amongst others. That she wasn't the only lioness in the pride that was thinking what she was, feeling what she was. The invitation was welcomed.

"I... thank you. I would like that... very much." Isobana's own maw peaked out a smile of her own though her eyes were still rimmed in red. Everyone was looking a little lean lately though by no means starving. To her credit, Isobana was a very accomplished hunter.

Entsha now did glance over her shoulder to the cubs. She wasn't the only lioness watching them, of course, and everything seemed to be under control. Looking back to Isobana, though, she saw she was watching them also and her smile slipped for a moment.

"I'll come find you later then. Oh!" Laughter bubbled out of her maw. "I'm sorry but... what is your name?"

Isobana smiled again at the lioness. "I'm Isobana."

"Entsha. Its nice to officially meet you Isobana." She grinned at the lioness who she hoped felt even just a little better. "I'll see you in a bit then." Entsha bumped Isobana with her head affectionately once more, purring slightly in her chest. "Don't let this get you too far down. You're not alone, not anymore."

Isobana gave her a grateful smile, the tears threatening to well up again. "Thank you."

Entsha returned to her spot, the little cubs surging up to her as if she were a new playmate.

Isobana took the opportunity to watch them for a few moments longer. It was time she learned a useful trade for the pride, beyond simply hunting.

Word Count: 1,031

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas