Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ prp ] party like a rider (fela/soph + ???)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:22 pm
Turn's End required even more of a show than a celebration feast did, at least when it came to Fela. Of course it was High Reaches's luck that it would be as bitter cold as it usually was, if not more so. Ice had formed in every place it was inconvenient to, and the mere thought of exiting her weyr without anything less than three layers was ludicrous. Still, Fela was a social creature. Even with her mood down after a recent heart to heart with Soph and a gathering with her family several days previously, she wanted to be around people, food, song, and...alcohol. Alcohol sounded great right now.

Not that much, she promised Sophrosunth, who had voiced a wordless concern at its mention. He had a funny idea that she got a little out of control when she drank, as if she was some haggard, addicted prostitute going from paycheck to paycheck, drinking her life away or something.

That is not at all what I said. He was patient, still, gentle despite her increasing bluntness.

You better go out and socialize too, buddy, Fela told him as she braced herself against the icy wind. It's Turnover; no point in being alone.

We will see. He didn't exactly fancy the idea of going outside either.

Inside the hall, Fela immediately blossomed back into her enthusiastic self. She flitted from group to group, never staying too long but just enough to make her presence known, and did so for quite a while before finally making her way over to area where food and drinks were being served. The former was ignored so that she could grab the latter and immediately down a cup.

And another.

And a third was being poured.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:44 pm
Are you sure you'll be okay? You've been sulking all day. Sahrawith spoke as R'ose frowned into his (nearly untouched) drink, the green's eye sparkling with amusement. Her beloved had been rather touchy as of late, no fault of her own of course, and this party seemed to be the icing on the pies.

I'm fine. Much better than you, since I'm actually inside and warm. The greenrider sipped at his beverage over Sahrawith's prompt, though it was an empty gesture mostly meant to shut her up. She'd been overly chatty as of late which wasn't too unusual; it was the nature of her chats that had R'ose irritated. She was talking about getting older, about Turn's End being the sign that she was so close to graduating. Well, the both of them to be honest, but R'ose wasn't really buying in to all of that.

They were still set here for four more turns as it was, so even if she was a full age and they passed Weyrling classes and why was she so glowy it didn't matter. What exactly are you doing anyway? You could be staying inside where it's warm, you know.

Looking for company. According to our clutchsibs you're supposed to spend Turn's End with company and tell one another stories and enjoy being together and what not. The green was indeed swooping around despite the cold, or rather she seemed to be enjoying it. Her blood always did run hot in her hearts with the desire to go so perhaps something as simply as freezing temperatures weren't a big deal. I'm not sulking, unlike you.

"Just be careful." The last bit of the conversation was spoken aloud as R'ose finished downing his (non)alcoholic drink, intent on finding something to eat. The person he wanted to be here with wasn't likely up and about just yet so what even was the point. All his wonderful plans for celebrating together had gone up in bronze colored smoke.

Inside his mind Sahrawith laughed, a motion which translated to a happy bugle outside the hall. Stop sulking and enjoy! I'm going to see if I can wrestle myself a conversation partner. The green snapped herself off mentally as though she were focused on her mission.

"I'd rather you didn't." He knew he was muttering to himself as he approached the drink table, rather surprised to see who was there and...well, drinking. "Putting 'em away, Fela?"

medigel
eye emoji

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:16 pm
Fela had showed restraint--she needed to get some food in her before she got the third one in, or else she might vomit. And what a way to start the new turn that'd be.

"Yeah, fer all the newbies who can't," she replied sweetly as she grabbed a plate and began grabbing pieces of food at random. "But y'all are gonna be able t'hit it up soon, yeah? So there's that."

She tossed back a piece of chicken, raised her cup to cheer to that, and tossed it back as well.

"Sit a while, talk~"

Outside, Soph curled his tail tighter around his legs and considered moving more to fight the cold settling on his hide. Flying seemed a worse idea to him to stay warm, but the sand around the bowl was also cold, and being near the water was cold, and--

Don't you start making excuses. I know you talk for candlemarks when you want to. Anyway, stick around, I bet she's coming.

Who?

Sheeeeeeee's comiiiiiiiiiing~

houllow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:43 pm
Holy shells on a beach, she could drink. R'ose watched with complete admiration as Fela went on whatever it was she was doing, even managing to give her a bit of applause at the end. "I'm not much of a drinker myself, mostly on account I can say what I'm thinking without the help." It was true that R'ose had zero inability to speak what was on his mind though thanks a certain green he was getting...a bit better about just what was being said. It was never for his own sake, of course, but rather he didn't want someone with a bruised ego to hurt Sahrawith. "Still though you gotta show me that technique, oh great teacher."

Was he being a jerk and mocking her deep throating of a chicken, or was he serious in learning? Considering how wide his eyes were it was likely the latter over the former, since R'ose found weird things to probably be the most interesting thing ever. Plus he wasn't going to mock a girl who happened to have who knows how many drinks in her and could punch him. He didn't want to be punched this early in the day.

Did you find someone to talk to? Sahawrith called out from whatever it was she was doing, apparently have sensed the change in R'ose's mood. The teen was still in full sulk but at least he seemed somewhat entertained.

R'ose gave a mental affirmation. How about you? The green replied with a shrug, not even really sure who or what she was looking for. Herdbeasts didn't like it much when a dragon landed among them (for obvious reasons) but apart from them it didn't look like - oh. Sawi?

The green bubbled with amusement and excitement, which found R'ose bristling somewhat. He didn't like that amusement bit, oh not at all. I found the chatterbox. I will have my stories after all.

It better not be a boy. There was no reply, and R'ose had to stop himself from slamming his cup on the table top. "Sawi!!! No boys!!" Maybe he did slam his cup, but hey she wasn't listening.

The green took great measures not to stir up ice and snow as she came in for a landing near the huddled blue, her eyes whirling green with delight. Sophrosunth, I found you. I want to hear stories for Turn's End. There was no beating around the bush of what she wanted, nor was there really any room for argument or him saying no. You'll tell me them, right? Slowly she picked her way over, careful in her steps as she swayed closer.

medigel
u think u know but all she wants is stories SHAME ON U

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:06 pm
Fela's grin widened. "S'called buildin' up a tolerance," she declared. "I got a pretty cute face but a iron stomach! It's let me win a few games, lemme tell ya. But build it slowly, it really ain't that fun havin' to drink and drink and drink just t'get a tickle."

Not that it had stopped her once they had graduated. She had partied hard.

And then her grin widened some more, somehow, at R'ose's outburst. She leaned on one hand, openly curious and amused. "Oooooo~ Sawi chasin' boys now~?"

Ah, hello, little one! In spite of the somewhat rocky beginning to the night, Soph was always able to put some pep in his voice if need be. I thought you might like that tradition, yes! Did you have a topic in mind? I am afraid my library of stories is not as substantial as another's would be, but I will do my best.

houllow
::::::::EYES::::::::::

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:23 pm
"She better NOT BE." R'ose's voice got awfully shrill and for a moment or two his cheeks were as red as his hair. It took a cough and a clearing of his throat to get him back down, at which point he down a drink from nearby. It was safe to drink, really. "ER, well. She's getting older anyway and seems to think she wants to be an adult. She's still a baby though. A tiny, pale, not glowing like a moon baby. Seriously." The greenrider was in massive denial and it was written all over his open-parchment face in as large letters as possible. "Did I mention she was a baby?? Totally not interested in boys or girls. Just interested in flying. DRILLS." He tore into another drink, so glad it wasn't alcochol. "Flying drills."

Why couldn't she stay fresh from the egg? When she was sort of small enough to carry around and not a constant threat to his sanity??? Why was he even having this conversation with Fela, whom he knew was.....well, Fela. R'ose would have to watch almost everything he said if he wanted to leave here in peace, which he very much did. Of course he couldn't up and leave right that tick because it'd be rude and well, Sahrawith would grumble for sevendays on end if he bothered her.

"Anyway how's your Turns end awesome right??? How's the food I should get some food."

On her end of the conversation, Sahrawith snorted a bit. Not so small anymore. I'm almost full grown. The green stopped walking and spread her wings out, allowing for their beauty to be seen as she attempted to prove something or another to the huddled blue. At least I feel like I might be done growing. Mine says I'm still a baby. Her wings were folded back against her body and Sahrawith continued her walk, pausing just as she reached Soph's side. She'd wait to settle in if he welcomed her, which seemed to be the case when he asked what she wanted to talk about.

First off. There was no hesitation as she settled against the older dragon, her wings and tail tucked neatly. There, now we can talk and stay warm. I was flying earlier since it really gets the blood flowing. I dunno how you manage to stay still like this.

Snuggling in, she pulled her mind for stories to tell. This is your second turn's end, right? What was your first one like? What was your hatching like? She was curious to know about all the things that had happened before she was shelled and hatched, mostly because R'ose had glossed over so much whenever she badgered him.

medigel
be ashamed of urself she just wants stories

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:39 pm
Fela didn't have to say anything. It was beautiful. Like a dropped stick of butter that he kept sliding on. Her face hurt, she was smiling so much.

She let R'ose sputter and daintily ate her food, so as not to choke on the laughter that was building up. "What's the hangup, hun?" she asked when he finished. "Greens rise all the time, you best get used to it. I bet she's got some suitors just waitin'!"

Soph hummed and turned slightly towards her and away from the wind, to help huddle. I was just thinking of moving, in fact, he said, letting his wings relax just a little. They had been pressed and compact to his body, but sharing Sahrawith's warmth helped. If you would prefer, we could take flight, or settle at one of our weyrs, before I start to reminisce?

He said absolutely nothing about how she seemed to be a more vibrant mint green than usual. Maybe he somehow hadn't noticed it at all.

houllow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:13 pm
"That's rich coming from someone who rides a blue who clearly isn't interested in anyone or chasing." R'ose didn't mean to sound so bitter but, well, he was. Okay not really, he would have been okay but then SOMEONE had to go and DESTROY HIS PLANS and ugh, why did it have to happen. Maybe when things were said and done he'd take some liquid courage and go sass someone who couldn't sass back. "Also WHO is interested in her? So far it's just been Sawi mooning over dragons who don't even care about her or her feelings."

That much he could understand from what Sahrawith said in happiness about the dragons around her....and from what he observed of them. At least he and his dragon had super similar tastes it seemed, go after people who didn't even notice. OR WHO SOMEHOW RUINED PLANS MONTHS IN THE MAKING.

Ughhhhh, why. "We have such awful taste." He really wasn't drinking alcohol, seriously. "If anything I feel bad for her. None of them are gonna chase her cause they LIKE her, it's all gonna be what's in their proverbial.....pants."

Of course her brightness hadn't been noticed which was fine, Sahrawith likely hadn't noticed it either. She felt happier than usual lately and R'ose was snarky and she wanted to go fast, but who cared? She had someone talking to her and willing to fly with her right now and that was very pleasant. I'm fine with whatever you'd like to do? I'm probably really warm because I was just flying, but let me know if I make you too hot. He felt really cool to the touch and it was nice, as was the offer to return to a weyr. I don't know where you live though, so if I accidentally fell asleep I don't think Mine would be able to find me.

She was still child enough that she slept wherever it was she was sleepy, regardless of the location. Maybe a bit of both? Talk until you get cold and then we can fly! I'd like that, really.

medigel
how dar u

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:36 pm
She didn't mind R'ose's bitter tone. If she remembered correctly (and Fela had a keen mind for romance indeed), he had been seen with one of the newly Impressed boys previously, back when the Tea clutch had still been growing. So, if that tracked like she thought it did, it made sense he might be a bit keyed up at the moment.

"You don't know that, hun," she said, more gentle this time. She reached out to pat his arm. "Flights are tricky things. But if they're dicks the morning after, you get a prime chance to kick 'em yourself. Think about that if it relaxes you: some therapeutic, dad with a broadsword violence~"

You did NOT just suggest she go back to our weyr, did you? she hissed at Soph.

Yes? ...Oh. Oh. I see the...insinuation. But it does not work the same for dragons, I think?

Let's play it safe, you dense daffodil. She's about ready to rise.

Beat.

Please tell me you noticed that before now.

...I am not a very good liar. But I did think I was seeing things. I blame your drink, he added diffidently.

Fela groaned and filled half of her cup with klah again.

"Look," she said with the air of a mother in the middle of a teaching moment, sipping at her cup throughout. "Yer her defender and protector. I get it. Faranth knows I still have to babysit a big, dumb blue. But you can't stop this part. Can't clip her wings. You just gotta be there after the fact, whatever it ends up bein'. That's the whole adult thing right there: doin' s**t and then dealing with the outcome, even if it's a mistake ya gotta fix."

Soph hummed as if in thought. I don't think there is such a thing as too hot right now, he said with amusement, shivering at their difference in body temperatures. He refrained from leaning in any further, however. A flight about the weyr seems in order. Then, at least, you won't fall asleep on me.

A particularly strong gust of wind caught his partially unfurled wings, and the blue stumbled back with a short honk in surprise before catching himself. If you would not mind me reminiscing a moment more inclined towards your hatching, he said as he managed to turn the clumsiness into an opportunity to get airborne, I remember that you've mentioned many times how you couldn't wait to fly. How does it feel now to be able to?

houllow

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff