Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Student Profiles
Canaan Grey ~ Accepted (Graduate)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:30 pm
Name: Canaan Grey

Basic Information:

Nicknames: ‘Kay’

Birthday: April 30th, 2033

Blood Status: Pureblood

Wand: Willow wood, smooth and flexible, Dragon Heartstrings as the core, with a length of eleven inches.

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Face Claim: Garret Ryan

School and Career:

Attended: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

House: Ravenclaw

Year: Alumnus

Best Lessons:

■ History of Magic
■ Herbology
■ Potions

Worst Lessons:
■ Astronomy
■ Flying
■ Defense Against the Dark Arts

Clubs:

■ Music Club
■ Ravenclaw Quidditch Team (1st Year: Reserve Chaser, 2nd Year: Reserve Keeper, 3rd Year: Reserve Keeper, 4th Year: Reserve Keeper, Fifth Year: Reserve Chaser, Sixth Year: First Team Chaser, Seventh Year Chaser)
■ Herbology Club (Mentor, Sixth Year and Seventh Year)

OWL Scores:

Astronomy ~ A
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ EE
Herbology ~ O
History of Magic ~ O
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ EE
Alchemy ~ EE
Care of Magical Creatures ~ O
Music ~ O
Wandless Magic ~ A

NEWT Scores:

Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ E
Herbology ~ O
History of Magic ~ E
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ E

Alchemy ~ E
Care of Magical Creatures ~ O
Music ~ O
Wandless Magic ~ A

Current Employment: Uh, student

Dream Job: Not sure, really. Maybe a Herbologist or a Potioneer, maybe a Cursebreaker, or I could raise dogs like Mom and Da. I suppose it is too much to ask to have my path set before me already

Personality:

■ Curious- I like to learn the how and the why of things; it isn’t enough for me to be told ‘this is how it is’. There’s a story behind why things are so, and I want to know what it is.
■ Quiet- I like folk, but not a lot of them all at once. A crowd will give me the willies, and the louder and more boisterous they are the sooner I'll be looking for the exits. I like having a friends over to do stuff, you know play board games or a pickup game outside or something. Failing that, I prefer the company of a dog (or several) or maybe a cat (although they can be a little odd). Dogs like me, they understand me and I seem to understand them, but then dogs always seem to know who their friends are.
■ Detail-Oriented- It isn’t enough to get something done; it needs to be done right. The ‘T’ crossed, the ‘I’ dotted. I guess, I could have a bit of OCD going here.
■ Focused- This kinda feeds into the bit above, if you follow me here. If I get stuck into some project which I am enthused with, I will lose all track of time and whatever else is going on around me.
■ Loyal- No matter what I stick by my friends and family. I may not necessarily have a lot of friends, but mates are mates.
■ Musically-Inclined- I'm not be as big into art and drawing like my cousins, heck, I can't draw decent stick figures, but I seem to have inherited a passion for music, particularly Irish folk music. I can play guitar and the mandolin, and my cousin Fianna has been teaching me how to play her electric guitar. In fact, this last summer, she invited to play with her at the Celtic Music Festival, which was pretty cool. I am also a passable vocalist; I do sing in the choir on Sundays, and have sung when performing with my cousin.

■ I’m an Irish Team supporter (gee, two of my cousins play for Ireland)
■ I love dogs. I like animals in general, but I like dogs best.
■ Strawberries and chocolate
■ I love folk music and the stories of our homeland
■ Reading

Dislikes:

■ Being made to stay still and wait for things to happen
■ Bullies in general, anyone who hurts animals in particular
■ Religion class at school: the history is interesting, the catechisms I can do without
■ Crowds and especially loud people. They give me headaches.
■ Being interrupted when I’m focused upon something I’m doing.

Hobbies:
■ Quidditch (not necessarily playing the game, but I am a student of the game)
■ Gardening (Mother Grey won’t let me near the more dangerous plants)
■ Music (I play an acoustic guitar (6 and a 12-string) as well as an electric guitar, and can sing fairly well)

Strengths:
■ Once I get stuck into a project, I’ll just keep going on it till it is done.
■ An attention to the details.

Weaknesses:

■ I really lose track of time and other stuff if I get focused in on something.
■ My social skills aren’t the best.

Fears:

■ Dragons
■ Snakes

Patronus: A large spectral mastiff
Happy Memory to Summon Patronus:

Special Abilities: Animagus
Animagus Form: Large Irish Wolfhound
Apparition Status: Licensed

Languages:

■ English (Native)
■ Irish Gaelic (Spoken at home), full fluency
■ Latin (studied for Religion Class), full fluency
■ French (can speak it better than read it), partial fluency

History:

Childhood: Canaan was born in the last hour of the last day of April in the year of 2033 to his parents, Connor and Moya Grey, on a clear night of the new moon. As is their tradition, he was born at the Grey Family Priory, just outside of Tramore, with Mother Grey acting as midwife, and much of the rest of the family in attendance. According to the family’s stories, when Canaan came into the world, a previously unlit candle flickered to light, and all the family’s dogs began to howl as if greeting the newborn member of their pack.

While he seemed to be a normal enough kid, Canaan did show some signs of being something a bit different. On several occasions, strange dogs would approach him, even ones known to be vicious, and start treating him like he were an old friend; and it was eventually considered normal for him to have at least two or three canine friends camped out in his room at any given time.

School Years: Canaan attended the same primary school his cousins, Siobhan and Fianna, had, and had some of the same teachers they did previously. As he went through school it became clear he was a conscientious student and inquisitive, and while this latter trait served him well in many of his subjects, it caused him issues in his religious classes. While there was never a question of his faith, Canaan had a habit of asking questions his teacher had difficulty answering to his satisfaction. The family necessarily kept close watch in the event he started exhibiting signs of being a wizard.

As he got older, signs were soon observed of his nascent magical ability awakening. Favourite toys were observed to fly in his direction, and he seemed able to cause motes of light to appear in the middle of the air. However, things came to a head the day he saw a boy throwing rocks at a stray dog, while walking home from school. Canaan was angered by this act of casual cruelty and horrified when one of the rocks seemed to bounce off thin air and reflect back at the kid who threw it, as he was pretty sure he caused it. After he reported this incident to his parents, Canaan was home-schooled thereafter, though he was allowed to keep in contact with his school chums.

Then one day an owl from the Ministry arrived with a letter from Hogwarts, and the real adventure began…

The Sorting Hat: The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....

A curious one, aren't you?
I do indeed remember, if not all, at least most
Now, as for you, I think it'll be
Ravenclaw!

First Year: The adventure begins, eh? Right, it all seemed like a dream until the time came for me to get my books and other stuff in Diagon Alley, and I'm pretty sure Mum and Da just weren't ready for the idea of having me going off to school already. Still, I got a send-off from the whole family. I mean, Cousin Lynn came in from overseas, and even Mother Grey came with us to see me board the train. She made a real big deal about the importance of the family's traditions and honour, and how I was carrying all that with me. Yeah, nothing like laying a load of expectations upon me.

I got to school and started making the acquaintance of the other new students. There's one girl, Margaux, whom is from some Pureblood family; she seemed okay, but she actually asked our Herbology teacher if we'd actually be required to get our hands dirty. That seems a little out of touch to me, but I guess it takes all kinds. Professor Hill seems pretty creepy too, but I think I will learn a lot from him. Oh, and I got accepted into Lynn's old House, which will make her pleased, I'm sure, and I made the House Quidditch team. Admittedly, I'm just an alternate, but I'm a Chaser, and that's pretty cool. I also joined the school Music Club, and started making friends there as well.

Shortly after I returned home, I found out I would get one of the newly born pups to take to school next term. I got the pick of the litter, and I picked out one of the male pups, and named him Connla, after the son of Cuchulainn of legend, though one hopes he doesn't suffer the same fate. Still, he'll be just old enough to leave home when the day comes to return to school.

Second Year:

Third Year: Over the summer, I had the chance to perform in concert with my cousin Fianna and her band, which was a lot of fun, and, of course, we attended the annual Celtic Music Festival. This year, Connla was nearly full grown when we returned to school, and by the time the term was done he weighed in at 120 pounds. Thankfully he's a gentle giant, as he could seriously knock people over without meaning to. I got to ride up to the school with Margaux, which I really enjoyed that. Made the Quidditch team again, and was a Reserve Keeper behind Benjamin, which is fine, as I'm not the best flyer around.

This year I added a few new classes to schedule: Alchemy, Care of Magical Creatures, Music, and Wandless, as they covered many of my interests, and likely career choices I have in mind.

Fourth Year: This was a rather uneventful year. I made the Quidditch team again, acting as Reserve Keeper behind Benjamin again, and worked hard in my classes. I'm certainly looking forward to this year's Music Festival, as I'll be able to bring along an old Rickenbacker twelve-string guitar to play, in addition to my old acoustic guitar.

Fifth Year: Well, this year did not have what one might say a good start for me. I was pretty bummed I didn't earn a Prefect position, as I wanted to follow in the footsteps of my cousins, Lynn and Siobhan, especially the former, whom told me how important having those accolades in one's school resume was. Cousin Fianna set me straight on the subject, explaining to me that if I didn't have those things it wasn't the end of the world, and I should learn to manage my expectations. So long as my grades were solid and my reputation unsullied, there was nothing to be ashamed of.

I also had to return to school without Connla. Over the summer, he took ill, and as the time to get back to Hogwarts approached, my parents determined it was unwise to have him accompany me and possibly get other students' canine friends sick as well. I was concerned he might die, as Wolfhounds don't necessarily live so long. However, when I came home for Christmas, he came bounding out of the house to greet me, whole, hale and healthy as usual.

This term, I also changed positions, trying out as a Chaser, rather than as a Keeper, as if I didn't, there was likely no shot of me ever getting into a real match at school, not so long as Ben was on the team. Though I was still a Reserve, there's a good chance next year I'll be on the first team.

Of course, this term was all about OWLs, and I was working my tail off preparing for them. I worked with Mother Grey over the summer, which gave me a good opportunity to get more practical experience with my Potions and Herbology studies, while Lynn offered to tutor me in Alchemy and Transfiguration, as she was between assignments with Gringotts. Having that made my preparations a lot easier, but I still put in long hours, pouring over my notes and my books.

There was a Valentines dance at the school, which I attended, although I didn't really do much other than enjoy the music and the food. I'd considered asking Margaux out for the occasion, but I wasn't sure how she'd react, and I wanted to ask Annie for a dance, but couldn't pluck up the nerve to ask her. Yeah, I know, kinda pathetic, but there it is.

Thankfully, when the term was done, I had good grades to show for my efforts on my OWLs, and I had something to look forward to shortly after coming home: the Music Festival.

Sixth Year: One thing was nice about the start of this term was being able to ride up to Hogwarts with Annie. Got to show her pictures from the music festival, and I offered to take her to next year's festival. I would really like the chance to have a date with Annie, as I've always liked her. Another cool thing that happened was finally being selected as a starter for this year's version of the House Quidditch team. To complete the trifecta of coolness, I got accepted into the Apportation and the Animagus classes at school. I'm really looking forward to being able to simple go where I want when I want without needing a broom. There's also the question of what sort of being I'll turn into as an animagus.

Seventh Year: Over the summer, I took Annie to the Music Festival, and even sang a song specifically for her at one of the sets which I played with my cousin and the band she's with. During winter break, I attended my Cousin Fi's wedding, as she finally married her longtime boyfriend. Played on the House Quidditch team, although the season was largely forgettable, which was a pity. Of course, this being my final year at Hogwarts, much of time and energy was devoted to my NEWTs, as how well I do on them will largely determine my career options. I made sure I took time out for my music, and spending time with Annie, as I didn't want to end up like my cousin and checking into the Hospital Wing for exhaustion (though I'm pretty sure that might be a family story and something of an exaggeration, because nobody's that much of a workaholic). All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with my final grades, and I'm going to miss the school now my time here is done.

Postgraduation:

Relationships:

Family: Connor Grey (Father), Moya Grey (Mother), Selina Grey, Fianna Grey, Siobhan Grey-Cavendish (Cousins), Mother Grey (Family Matriarch, and hereditary Clan Chieftain)

Friends: Margaux Héloïse Lévesquex, Annabella Clodagh Sheehan

Best Friend:

Romantic Interest: Annabella Clodagh Sheehan

Enemies: None, I hope.

Pets: Connla, one of CuChulainn's grandpups, and at 120 pounds he's definitely not the little pup he used to be. Being an Irish Wolfhound, he's large and strong, and he'll lick you to death if he likes you.

Update Log: (Signature Access by Crew Only)

Pended by: Weasley 1/19/19
Accepted by: ~ Dia [4/23/19]
Updates Accepted by: [~𝔞𝔡𝔡𝔞𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔰 [01/03/2021]

Updated: April 16, 2019
Updated: July 2, 2019
Updated: January 2, 2020
Updated: April 8th, 2020
Updated: July 19th, 2020
Updated: November 4th, 2020

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:08 pm
Canaan Grey's Class Schedule:

Each day is broken up into blocks.

Block 1 runs from 8:00am to 8:45am.
Block 2 runs from 9:00am to 9:45am.
Block 3 runs from 10:00am to 10:45am.
Block 4 runs from 11:00am to 11:45
COMMON HOUR runs from 11:45am to 1:00pm.
Block 5 runs from 1:00pm to 1:45pm.
Block 6 runs from 2:00pm to 2:45pm.
Block 7 runs from 3:00pm to 3:45pm.
Block 8 runs from 11:00pm to 11:45pm.

Meal schedule is:

Breakfast runs from 7:00am to 9:00am.
Lunch runs from 11:00am to 1:00pm.
Dinner runs from 5:00pm to 7:00pm.

Monday
Block 1: Free
Block 2: Defense Against the Dark Arts-III
Block 3: Wandless Magic Practice Class-I
Block 4: Free
Block 5: Potions-III
Block 6: Free
Block 7: Free
Block 8: Free

Tuesday
Block 1: Alchemy-I
Block 2: Free
Block 3: Free
Block 4: Transfiguration-III
Block 5: Free

Wednesday
Block 2: History of Magic-III
Block 3: Music-I
Block 5: Care of Magical Creatures-I
Block 8: Astronomy-III

Thursday
Block 1: Herbology-III
Block 3: Free
Block 6: Charms-III

Friday
Block 3: Advanced Flying-II

Saturday

Sunday

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:15 pm
Canaan Grey's List of Knowledge

Core Curriculum

Astronomy
First Year
[ ] Names of Planets
[ ] Movements of Planets
[ ] Names of Stars (Including Sun)
[ ] Names of Constellations

Second Year
[ ] Mercury
[ ] Venus
[ ] Earth
[ ] Earth's Moon

Third Year
[ ] Mars
[ ] Jupiter
[ ] Great Red Spot
[ ] Jupiter's Moons

Fourth Year
[ ] Saturn
[ ] Saturn's Rings
[ ] Titan
[ ] Uranus

Fifth Year
[ ] Neptune
[ ] Triton
[ ] Comets
[ ] Meteorites
[ ] Asteroids

Charms
First Year
[ ] Wingardium Leviosa
[ ] Reparo
[ ] Incendio
[ ] Spongify

Second Year
[ ] Scourgify
[ ] Aresto Momentum
[ ] Flame-Freezing Charm
[ ] Diffindo

Third Year
[ ] Cheering Charm
[ ] Carpe Retractum
[ ] Colour Change Charm
[ ] Glacius

Fourth Year
[ ] Accio
[ ] Depulso
[ ] Engorgio
[ ] Reducio

Fifth Year
[ ] Silencio
[ ] Dancing Feet
[ ] Reducto
[ ] Repleo

Sixth Year
[ ] Aguamenti
[ ] Bedazzling Hex
[ ] Avis
[ ] Nonverbal Spells

Defence Against the Dark Arts
First Year
[ ] Knockback Jinx
[ ] Lumos/Nox
[ ] Ghosts
[ ] Doxies

Second Year
[ ] Rictusempra
[ ] Expelliarmus
[ ] Fumos
[ ] Fire Crabs

Third Year
[ ] Finite/Incantatem
[ ] Boggarts/Riddikulus
[ ] Grindylows
[ ] Hinkypunks

Fourth Year
[ ] Hex-deflection/Salvio Hexia
[ ] Tongue-Tying Charm
[ ] Stupefy
[ ] Petrificus Totalus

Fifth Year
[ ] Protego
[ ] Oppugno
[ ] Inferi
[ ] Werewolves

Sixth Year
[ ] The Unforgivable Curses
[ ] Dementors
[ ] Patronus
[ ] Nonverbal Spells

Flying
First Year
[ ] Broom Commands
[ ] Mounting
[ ] Developing a Broom Bond

Herbology
First Year
[ ] Spiky Bush
[ ] Bouncing Bulb
[ ] Devil's Snare

Second Year
[ ] Abyssian Shrivelfig
[ ] Mandrake
[ ] Fire Seed Bush

Third Year
[ ] Puffapods
[ ] Moly
[ ] Mimbulus Mimbletonia

Fourth Year
[ ] Bubotuber
[ ] Gillyweed
[ ] Dittany

Fifth Year
[ ] Fanged Geranium
[ ] Screechsnap
[ ] Whomping Willow

Sixth Year
[ ] Venomous Tentacula
[ ] Snargaluff

History of Magic
First Year
[ ] History of Hogwarts
[ ] The Chamber of Secrets
[ ] Statute of Secrecy

Second Year
[ ] Ollivander Family
[ ] The Deathly Hallows
[ ] Beedle the Bard

Third Year
[ ] Muggle Witch Burnings
[ ] Nicolas Flamel
[ ] Newt Scamander
[ ] Goblin Rebellions

Fourth Year
[ ] Ancient Egypt and Greece
[ ] Herpo the Foul
[ ] Grindelwald
[ ] Tom Riddle/Voldemort

Fifth Year
[ ] Albus Dumbledore
[ ] Harry Potter
[ ] Order of the Phoenix

Potions
First Year
[ ] Forgetfulness Potion
[ ] Boil-Cure Potion
[ ] Wiggenweld Potion

Second Year
[ ] Hair-Raising Potion
[ ] Girding Potion
[ ] Swelling Solution

Third Year
[ ] Shrinking Solution
[ ] Antidotes
[ ] Undetectable Poisons

Fourth Year
[ ] Wit-Sharpening Potion
[ ] Herbicide Potion
[ ] Wide-Eye Potion
[ ] Sleeping Draught

Fifth Year
[ ] Everlasting Elixirs
[ ] Draught of Peace
[ ] Strengthening Solution
[ ] Love Potion Antidote

Sixth Year
[ ] Amortentia
[ ] Elixir to Induce Euphoria
[ ] Felix Felicis
[ ] Polyjuice Potion

Transfiguration
First Year
[ ] Reparifarge
[ ] Match to Needle
[ ] Snail to Teapot
[ ] Mouse to Snuffboxes
[ ] Teacup to Rat

Second Year
[ ] Beetle Buttons
[ ] Avifors
[ ] Fera Verto
[ ] Rabbit Slippers

Third Year
[ ] Teapot to Tortoise
[ ] Chair to Cat
[ ] Hedgehog to Pincushion
[ ] Lapifors

Fourth Year
[ ] Switching Spells
[ ] Draconifors
[ ] Guinea Fowl to Guinea Pig

Fifth Year
[ ] Evanesco
[ ] Inanimatus Conjurus
[ ] Geminio

Sixth Year
[ ] Owl to Opera Glasses
[ ] Basic Self Transfiguration
[ ] Human or Animal

Electives Curriculum

Advanced Flying
Second Year
[ ] Quidditch Basics
[ ] Broom Barrel Rolls
[ ] Standing on your broom

Third Year
((Everyone must learn each position))
[ ] Beater Practice
[ ] Seeker Practice
[ ] Keeper Practice
[ ] Chaser Practice

Alchemy
Third Year
[ ] Philosopher’s Stone
[ ] Corrumpo Spell
[ ] Inveratus Spell
[ ] Baleful Brew

Fourth Year
[ ] Nicholas Flamel
[ ] Albus Dumbledore
[ ] Delbou Spell
[ ] Mystic Potion
[ ] Scutum Spell

Fifth Year
[ ] Desires of an Alchemist
[ ] Famous Alchemists
[ ] Expono Spell
[ ] Patronus Potion
[ ] Aqua Vitae Potion

Sixth Year
[ ] Dormir Spell
[ ] Frango Frigis Spell
[ ] Dream Catch Potion
[ ] Quintessence

Animagus
Sixth Year
[ ] Transfiguration and Animagi
[ ] Consequences of Animagi Mishaps
[ ] Focus and Calming Techniques
[ ] Partial Transformations
[ ] Animagus Transformation

Apparition
Sixth Year
[ ] Basics of Apparition
[ ] Dangers of Apparition
[ ] Three D's
[ ] Apparition into hoops
[ ] Apparition test

Care of Magical Creatures
Third Year
[ ] Bowtruckle Lecture
[ ] Bowtruckle Interaction
[ ] Pixie Lecture
[ ] Pixie Interaction

Fourth Year
[ ] Nogtail Lecture
[ ] Nogtail Interaction
[ ] Puffskein Lecture
[ ] Puffskein Interaction

Fifth Year
[ ] Hippogriff Lecture
[ ] Hippogriff Interaction
[ ] Niffler Lecture
[ ] Niffler Interaction

Sixth Year
[ ] Merpeople Lecture
[ ] Merpeople Interaction
[ ] Phoenix Lecture
[ ] Phoenix Interaction

Music
Third Year
[ ] Note Reading
[ ] Major/Minor Scales
[ ] Triads
[ ] Inversions

Fourth Year
[ ] Brass Family
[ ] Strings Family
[ ] Percussion Family
[ ] Keyboard Family

Fifth Year
[ ] Muggle Music History
[ ] Muggle Musicians
[ ] Magical Music History
[ ] Magical Musicians

Sixth Year
[ ] Concert Rehearsal
[ ] Solo Performance

Wandless Magic Practice Class
Third Year
[ ] Achieving Emotional Balance
[ ] Determining the truth: Strength or Finesse
[ ] Dueling Beginner Level (with wands)

Fourth Year
[ ] Will, its relevance to Wandless Magic
[ ] Assessment of Will
[ ] Dueling Intermediate Level (with wands)

Fifth Year
[ ] First Group of Spells
[ ] Second Group of Spells
[ ] Dueling Advanced Level (Wandless)

Sixth Year
[ ] Third Group of Spells
[ ] Fourth Group of Spells
[ ] Combination of Forms: Wand & Wandless
[ ] Duels  
Student Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff