[BATT] Voluntold [Apibom + Quella]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:59 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sometimes you just need to be told to get into the ring.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:04 pm

Apibom had continued to make visits to the gym to try and get a little stronger, since it not only would come in handy in case Chiara needed them but also helped make their own life easier. But, they'd not once stepped into the sparring ring that was available. Sometimes they'd stand and watch other trolls face off, trying to absorb what they were doing without actually fighting anyone, but more often than not it made them nervous and they ended up going back to one of the workout machines.

This was one such night that they were observing the ring. The current match was coming to an end, a redblood had a greenblood in a headlock and it was pretty clear that the greenie was going down. Huh... they'd have to remember that move for later.

Buzzwulf
lemme know if i need to change anything to make it easier for quella ! feel free to whisk api away, too

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:07 am
User Image
Quella Fehtan

Quella racked weights without much effort. The large dumbbells didn't even feel like much to her anymore, the blueblood realized with a sigh. Not even enough there for her to work up much of a sweat. The hunter wiped her thinkpan with a towel and wandered away from the weight room, looking for a kickboxing class or something. Anything where she could cut loose a bit and just go.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a chorus of oohs and aahs. Quella looked up from her self-pity and just caught the tail-end of a spar. Looked like that greenblood that had been taunting the gym all week had finally gotten taken down a few pegs. Quella grinned as they slumped to the mat, all the fight gone from their limbs. She'd been thinking about hopping in the ring herself some time to teach the troll a lesson, but... well, that hadn't really felt fair. Oh well. These things tended to take care of themselves.

Wait.

WAIT.

There was that yellowblood again. Every time. They caught every single spar in the gym, but always left before the end. Quella's grin got even wider, more predatory. Clearly the yellowblood was nervous. Quella'd seen enough prey in her time to tell when someone was skittish, and the lowblood was positively shaking. That wouldn't do.

That wouldn't do at all.

The hunter stalked up behind the yellowblood and dropped a huge hand on her shoulder. "Not bad, huh? That redblood's got some moves." the military troll muttered into the lowblood's hair. Quella gave Apibom a gentle push towards the sparring ring, nudging her towards the victor of the fight. "Now that there, that's really feeling alive. Look at them. See how hard that redblood's breathing? You can tell their blood's really pumping. Your chestpusher ever felt like that before?" She gave the troll a huge grin, full of mischief and confidence.

"I've seen you lurking around the pit for a few spans. Whatddya think? You wanna give it a try? I ain't gonna hurt ya. You just seem... I dunno, curious, and I like curious. Specifically, I like when curious turns into trying new stuff. C'mon!" Quella said, shedding her armor as she swung up under the ropes of the slightly raised ring. She'd stayed out of it so far in this gym, because it hadn't really felt like anyone here could challenge her, but the hunter was a sucker for pulling confidence out of someone else. Plus, they were starting to pull a bit of a crowd from around the gym. Trolls that had seen Quella working out, probably. Whatever. The blueblood liked a bit of a show. And it would make it harder for the yellowblood to back down.

"Get up here and show me what you got, yellowblood!" the hunter called out without malice, a mischevious gleam in her eye. Quella was having fun.

nepsah
damn I like this setting. consider Api whisked.

nepsah rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 1 Total: 4 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:07 pm

HP: 20/20
Damage Dealt: 1

Apibom could have sworn they felt their soul leave their body the moment an unexpected hand hit their shoulder. They stiffened up, turning their head to stare wide-eyed at the other troll- oh, oh no. They'd seen her around before, she was always lifting things like they weighed nothing. Which, judging by her appearance, they probably didn't weigh anything to her at all. They plastered a nervous smile over their face, attempting to look friendly. Their eyes darted over to the ring, then back to her as she shoved them forward. Oh no. Oh no.

"Oh, ah, like that? Uh, no probably not. I just- like to watch, uh- oh--" They'd definitely experienced some high stress and adrenaline situations earlier but nothing like this. They laughed a little nervously as Quella stripped off her armor, then climbed into the ring. A crowd was gathering - of course it was. And then of course, she challenged them. There was no way to get out of the situation without looking like a total wuss and, well, Apibom for all their nervous energy, did not want to look bad in front of a crowd. Let alone displease a highblood. Right.

They swallowed, then slid into the ring between the ropes. At least it didn't seem like she wanted to actually hurt them or anything. "Ah, okay, I'll uh, do my best." They honestly had next to no idea what they were doing, but, wasn't that the case in their life in general?

Figuring that she'd probably block them anyway, they moved closer in, trying to keep themself as small a target as possible - when they thought they had a chance at striking out they aimed a punch for her. It was weak, without much conviction - it'd take them a while to get warmed up. Probably.

Buzzwulf
ayyyyyyyyyyyy

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Buzzwulf rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-12)

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:53 pm
User Image
Quella Fehtan

Quella watched the yellowblood critically as they hopped up into the ring. They had great balance, but their coordination left a little something to be desired. Quella could see that fear tickling around the corners of Apibom's lookstubs, but for once, that wasn't what the hunter was interested in. She wanted confidence, challenge, assurance. "I see what you're doing there," Quella said, grinning. "And I like the instinct. You're making the target small. Good plan. But..." She didn't even move as Apibom threw their punch, taking it solid in the chest. A dull thud sounded through the gym, but Quella could barely even feel the punch. That wasn't her powers. It just wasn't a strong punch.

"You're moving on the flats of your feet, and you're not getting any power out of your hips. Keep your body turned the way you have it, but put some rotation into your punch, and you'll get a lot more power." the blueblood lectured, hopping up onto the balls of her feet herself for emphasis. She took some quick springing steps, then dropped into a fighting stance. "Now come on, try again and put some oomph on it. I can take it!"

Quote:

STRIFE!
---
Quella Fehtan
HP: 19/20

Damage taken: 1
Damage dealt: 0

Standard weapon: 1d6

Power - Novice offence style A: 1d6+1 auto hit on this attack, also removing from max hp count. 2/2

Bracers - Adept Defense B Artifact: Nullify the damage from the last hit. 2/2

---

Quote:
Quella does 0 damage!

nepsah
beeeeeeee

nepsah rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 4 Total: 10 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:33 pm

HP: 20/20
Damage Dealt: 4

Compliments! They hadn't been expecting that. They loosened up their stance a little, confused at first then realized she was attempting to teach them how to do it better. The whole... fighting thing. Well- they weren't going to turn advice down, that'd be stupid - and Api was decidedly not that. They nodded, trying to follow her directions. What.. exactly did she mean by rotation?

"Uh, okay -- like... this?" They were admittedly still a bit nervous about hurting her - if only because she was a highblood - and it showed in some hesitance... but they did try to follow through her instructions as they threw the next punch. Stronger, with more of their weight behind it- but not quite as locked in as it could be.

Buzzwulf
seeeeeeeeeeee

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Buzzwulf rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 1 Total: 4 (2-12)

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:28 pm
User Image
Quella Fehtan

"There you go!" Quella called out as Api stepped in and unleashed a solid body blow. "Umph! You got some power in there when you let it out!" The blueblood danced away with a quick leading punch, just probing at the yellowblood's defenses. "Make sure you keep your arms up," the blueblood said as she felt the blow glance aside, "but really, not getting hit is mostly about footwork. If you know where your feet are, you know where you are. Just stay loose and don't let your knees lock up!"

Quella couldn't keep the grin off her face, though. All the other trolls in the gym looked on in near absolute silence as the combatants danced, Quella loping like a hungry wolf. It looked like the yellowblood was starting to get some confidence though, and that was a good sign. The hunter didn't want a weak fight just because Api was afraid to hit a highblood. That whole thing was stupid anyway. Quella just respected strength, and wanted to bring it out wherever it was hiding.

The hunter let out a few more questing jabs, testing the edges of Apibom's defenses before she stutter-stepped forward, catching the yellowblood off-guard and landing a soft blow. Just enough to let Api know it was a real spar. Then she danced away again, the thrill of the hunt glimmering in the blueblood's eyes. "You know, I don't think I ever caught your name, yellowblood. I'm Quella. Good to meetcha."

Quote:

STRIFE!
---
Quella Fehtan
HP: 15/20

Damage taken: 5
Damage dealt: 0

Power - Novice offence style A: 1d6+1 auto hit on this attack, also removing from max hp count. 2/2

---

Quote:
Quella does 1 damage!

nepsah
deeeeeeeeee

nepsah rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:27 am

Damage Dealt: 0

"Ri-right, arms up- uh, knees loose." They echoed back, expression going serious as they tried to commit the suggestions to memory. Easier said than done, when she moved forward suddenly they found themself a little too nervous to move quickly and ended up taking the light tap without much attempt on their own part to block it. Ugh...

"Oh, ah, I'm Apibom." They moved back, deciding it might be a better idea to reassess how to approach her than to dive right back in to things. "Good to meet you as well, uh, thank you - for the tips." They smiled again, fleeting and still nervous, but a little less unsure of themself than before. They really had no idea what to look for in a person's guard when it came to weak spots, but boy... they were going to try.

Buzzwulf
eeeeeeeeeee

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Buzzwulf rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-12)

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:58 am
User Image
Quella Fehtan

"It's good to meet you, Apibom," Quella sang out as she stepped to the side, letting Apibom's blow slip right past. "I like you! you got some fire to the way you move." The hunter stepped away lightly, set up again.

"There's a kinda... rhythm to the way this works, Api. Look, you see my guard here? I'm keeping my arms up, making it difficult for you to come in there? You gotta get in there, show a little bit of aggression to make me drop that." Quella bounced back and forth on the balls of her feet, keeping herself light. "Come on, give it a shot! No room for meekness in the ring!"

Quote:

STRIFE!
---
Quella Fehtan
HP: 15/20

Damage dealt: 1

---

Quote:
Quella does X damage!

nepsah
efffffffffff

nepsah rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 2 Total: 5 (2-12)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:44 am

Damage Dealt: 2

"It's nice to meet you too, uh, Quella." They were trying to pay attention both to what she was saying and how she was moving, but it was a little difficult. Every defensive part of their brain said to pay attention only to the possibility of an attack - never mind that this was more of a practice match than anything else. "Oh, ah, okay. I can do that." 'I think...' They took a deep breath in, settling some nerves, then moved forward toward the larger troll.

They opted to try and fake a punch to her right, but switched it up at the last second to go left instead.

Buzzwulf
geeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Buzzwulf rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-12)

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:24 pm
User Image
Quella Fehtan

Quella grunted as the blow struck home, absorbing the hit with her mass. Api definitely could sneak her way in when the chips were down - or at least do a good enough job to find her way around someone's guard. The hunter stood her ground and decided to see how well the yellowblood was paying attention as well. She took the hit in stride, then came back with a massive haymaker of her own, making sure to shout and really broadcast the attack.

Apibom didn't disappoint, having the state of mind to get her guard back up as Quella came back in with her punch, and the blueblood found herself off-balance from the misplaced force of her blow. A parry! The hunter whirled to face her opponent again, not dropping her guard but clearly pleased with the honeyblooded troll's instincts. "Damn, Apibom, you got some moves. You're gonna be teaching me pretty soon here. You ready to let loose a little bit, see what you can really do? I know I've been cramming your head with stuff, but it really takes a little bit to put words into movement, so I want you to really show me what you got. Don't worry, I ain't gonna hurt ya none."

She was excited to see what Apibom had to offer. They certainly seemed more than capable of putting instructions into practice, but the only way to really be sure was to watch them in action. The hunter could feel her blood starting to pump, the thrill of the fight just starting to pound in her spongeclots. This was gonna be *fun*.

Quote:

STRIFE!
---
Quella Fehtan
HP: 13/20

Damage dealt: 1

---

Quote:
Quella does 0 damage!

nepsah
ehhhhhhhhhch sweatdrop

nepsah rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 3 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:12 pm

Damage Dealt: 3

Api shifted to the side, easily reading her attack with how obvious she made it. They were pretty sure that was on purpose, but they appreciated it nonetheless- it helped to make things a little less terrifying, honestly. They lit up a little more at her continued compliments - were they really that good at this? Highbloods didn't just hand out compliments, usually. They almost dropped their guard, but at the mention of really letting loose they put it right back into place.

"Ah, yeah...! I - I think I can do that. And, it's okay, I like to learn so- it's been good." They nodded an affirmative. This time when they went in, they decided to go with a kick instead- still nothing particularly strong, but then again they weren't exactly keen on actually hurting her. (Was that even possible..?) "It's-- It's okay if you want to uh, go all out too. I'll do my best..!" They moved back quickly, just in case she really took them up on that.

Buzzwulf
eyyyyeeeee wonder if they'll start hitting each other soon slkjdg

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Buzzwulf rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 3 Total: 8 (2-12)

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:02 am
User Image
Quella Fehtan

Quella just laughed heartily when Apibom told her to go all out, a good-natured booming chuckle that rolled off the rafters. The crowd around the ring was starting to chant again, but this time for the yellowblood. The hunter grinned down at Api and cracked her knuckles, and everything seemed to quiet down for a second.

Well, it wasn't like she was gonna break the yellowblood or anything. She was just... showing them how unpredictable fights were! Yeah. That was it. "I'm just gonna warmed up, ok? Been a little while since I really hit the mats," Quella said. Yeah, that wasn't true at all. Between fight club and military training, she'd been getting more than her fair share of fights lately, but she didn't wanna scare off the yellowblood just when it looked like they might be working up their courage.

As Apibom danced back from their kick, Quella rushed them, quick as a snake. She ducked, juked back to the right, and then dropped a left cross stright through the yellowblood's defenses, making sure to avoid solid contact, but enough to leave a bit of a reminding sting. Quella smiled as she backpedaled to her corner of the ring, making sure to keep her mind on her footwork. That was always where she went wrong. "I ain't gonna go all out, Api, but I'm not gonna make this easy for you, either!" the hunter called to cheers from the audience.

Quote:

STRIFE!
---
Quella Fehtan
HP: 10/20

Damage taken: 10
Damage dealt: 4

---

Quote:
Quella does 3 damage!

nepsah
JAAAAAAYZE

nepsah rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:25 am

HP: 16/20
Damage Dealt: 1

Oh, that was intimidating. Briefly they regretting telling her to go all out as well- after all she was clearly more experienced and stronger than them, but she was pretty quick to put that to rest. She wouldn't go all out, but wouldn't make it easy for them. That-- that was fine. They could go with that. Api was not the sort of troll to find it insulting when someone so obviously more experienced when easy on them for their sake. They were pretty sure it'd be boring for her anyway if she did go all out- just judging from her obvious muscle mass alone, she'd be able to take them out in one or two hits probably. Talk about boring, for her.

And of course she was fast, too. The blow hadn't hurt a lot, but it had stung. They hissed under their breath, moving back a few steps to put some distance between the two of them - not that they really needed to, she backed off on her own. "Haha... uh, good..! It's uh, more fun that way..?" They probably sounded a little unsure about that but that was mostly because fighting wasn't particularly fun to them. They attempted to close in on her- moving a bit faster that before but at the expense of actually hitting hard. They didn't quite make it past her guard this time, mostly just uselessly hitting the outside of one of her arms with their own before having to back off. The crowds cheering was a bit distracting- they really needed to find a way to block that out.

Buzzwulf
kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Buzzwulf rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 2 Total: 7 (2-12)

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:17 pm
User Image
Quella Fehtan

Fill

Quote:

STRIFE!
---
Quella Fehtan
HP: 9/20

Damage taken: 11
Damage dealt: 4

---

Quote:
Quella does X damage!

[qu2ote="nepsah"] EL  
Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items