Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands
[PRP] Breaking the News (Harakhty & Senka)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was well into the night by now, and with all of the hubbub of the day over, everyone was heading back to their dens to get ready.

Harakhty was one of them, and so was on his way back to his den to prepare... and tell Senka about all of it. He grimaced, not exactly thrilled that he was about to leave right after they managed to have cubs, and he was sure that she was going to feel the same, but.... he had to help, and the desert they were heading towards was his old home. He knew it like the back of his paws!

Which is why he felt the need to volunteer. He just needed to break the news of it.

So the male took a deep breath and called out as he got close to where he knew she'd be, "Senka?"

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:22 am
MangoMeow

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Senka was still on leave from guard duty after having her cubs on one paw she was going stir crazy and needed a break and on the other paw she didn't trust any other lion to watch her cubs yet so she didn't want to let them out of her sight. Not even Har who is cared deeply for, she still only felt settled when she had her cubs and her ducks in a row. Soon enough Senka's hormone levels would even out again and she wouldn't feel so crazy at least she hoped that would be the case. Cubs made her worry, which had been the reason she had joined the pride to be with Har because there was a whole pride to protect the cubs. Then again she had heard rumors some adult lions were missing which was more reason for her to be protective of her family. Senka growled a little defensive of her cubs. Then she settled hearing Har's voice calling her came. She sighed out and said, "Yea Har I'm here what's up?"  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:50 pm
He gave a smile as he approached, brightening as he spotted the little bundles of fur next to her. He nosed one of them and then chuckled as he got bopped on the nose with a tiny paw for doing so. Then, sighing, Har turned his gaze back to Senka, "How are you doing? The little ones keeping you up?"

He paused, trying to decide how to bring up the other subject, "Did... you hear about the meeting that happened today?" He knew that she'd been restless lately, and his news might not help the matter any. Hopefully once the cubs were a bit older, her nerves would calm.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:59 pm
MangoMeow

Senka had been nervous about being a first-time mom, but even though they kept her up and bit her sometimes she loved the little balls of fluff and she would kill anyone who tried to hurt them or take them from her. "Some but it's alright." She said then yawned bringing to point that she was still getting the hang of this mom stuff. She narrowed her eyes but then relaxed a bit since it was important to the pride and the safety of their family. "I think so something about missing pride members?" She growled deeply. She did not like the idea of pride members going missing when she was caring for her first litter she would not rest if one of them went missing. "What of it?" She pulled her paw around her litter pulling them closer to her. Senka figured she would feel at least a little less crazy when the cubs could look after themselves a little more.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:07 am
Harakhty nodded and sat down, deciding that this was a conversation best had sitting. He gave a soft smile as she seemed to curl further around the cubs, and then started, "Partially. It also had to do with that pride that our desert friends were looking for - the Nergui." He frowned, "Scouts have come back saying that they've, for lack of a better word, vanished. Strange timing, considering some of our own have disappeared as well."

He sighed and curled his tail around his leg, "The Firekin have returned, and they're going to send a group of our own along with them to search the desert across the mountain. Perhaps we'll find our missing lions along with whatever happened to the Nergui."

Then he paused, debating how to break this next part gently, "Senka...." May as well just spit it out, he supposed. "I've volunteered to go as well."

He stumbled over his words quickly to explain, "I want to find out what could be causing the disappearances, find our missing members and...." The lion looked down at his paws, "... and I know that desert like the back of my paws. The place they took up residence is my old home, my old pridelands."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:09 am
MangoMeow

Senka listened to everything that Harakhty said and she didn't like where this was going she had cubs to watch over so she couldn't leave them. She didn't like Harakhty being out of her sight either. How could she protect both, she growled the answer was she couldn't She understood why Har wanted to go it didn't make it any easier for her to accept since she couldn't go and help. "If you die out there I will find you and kill you again, you will not leave our cubs without a father." She growled again and flexed her claws to make her point. She licked one of their cubs she was very protective of them and their father, even when everything made her grumpy.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:28 am
Well, death threat aside, she seemed to at least understand why he was going, though his ears pulled back slightly at her grumpiness. He wasn't terribly surprised that she didn't want him to go; they had cubs and should anything happen to him while he was gone....

But he'd made up his mind, and if this meant the cubs would be safer in the future, he was willing to do it. Plus, he knew how to handle himself in that terrain. Where some of the other Mwezi might not know how to fight on sand, he did, and that could come to his advantage.

Hopefully it wouldn't come to that though.

Nodding, Har gave a soft smile, "I'll come back as soon as I can, I promise." And then he butted his head affectionately against Senka's gently, "Try to get some rest when you can."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:37 am
MangoMeow

Senka sighed this cub business was hard but she loved her cubs and she loved Har she rubbed her cheek affectionately against his as he moved in to bump her. "Come back home to us Har, you know I will accept no other outcome. Make sure any who dare to hurt you know I will hunt them across whatever lands I must if you do not return." And she meant it if he didn't return she would be out for blood. Someone would pay for leaving her cubs without a father.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:49 am
He hummed, "I will, I promise. I'd fight tooth and nail to get back." Har curled his paws under him as he settled down beside her, head flopped down next to one of their cubs and letting the little one poke at his nose. He wanted to enjoy being with his family before getting ready to leave.

With a sigh, the lion glanced back over at Senka, "You're going to be a great mother, you know that?" Maybe a little protective, but what mother wasn't? Sometimes he wondered what had become of his own parents as he gazed at his cubs, but such thoughts were moot now. Wherever they were, he hoped they were happy.

He curled his tail around the little group, content in the knowledge that he was with his new family.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:59 am
MangoMeow

Senka sighed out as she settled down with her family for a little bit before Har to go off with the others. "I hope you are right." She said since she still wasn't sure if she would be a good mom, she didn't even remember her own mother.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items