Submit

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:56 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Sezulwini moved through the monkey grass scenting the air searching for water, an important part of life the rogue lands, finding food and water was a huge part of life. He looked up at the sky which he thought should be early morning light but looked more like twilight. Well, that was strange. He turned around looking all around him as the area grew darker and darker, in the early morning. He frowned as he watched glowing balls of light appear out of nowhere. Sezu did his best to ignore the world going mad around him as he made his way to the watering hole because even as the world was going insane he was still thirsty and then he would have to quickly get back to the female wild dog he had taken under his paw. He didn't want to leave her alone for too long. Certainly not when strange things were happening in the rogue lands.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:59 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. It was Brynja's first time outside of the pridelands. She was nervous, though she wouldn't show it in front of the others; what would her Captain think? Not to mention she already didn't fit in very well with the band. She didn't have the experience of the older lions and she was too old to fit in with the adolescents that were also in training.

They had taken a break, having traveled all night, but Brynja couldn't sleep. The lights in the air... they disturbed her. She didn't understand why, but looking at them made her eyes sting and her head throb. She wondered if it was part of being a seer, an ability she had been aware of since she was young.

The lioness sighed and looked out at the grass and the sky. Was it... getting darker? How strange. Then she thought she heard movement. Even more strange! She got up from her sitting position and began to follow the movement.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:11 am
Sezulwini saw the dark lioness with their green marking and he nodded his head to her, he knew nothing of her pride so he had no reason to fear her since he wasn't afraid of lions in general. They were a part of the land as the monkey grass and the sun in the sky. Which was normally there and normally starting to warm the land. Sometimes to extream temperatures. Which didn't seem to be the case at the moment? Sezu didn't think much of gods, he had never met one before but he had to wonder if this had to do with gods. What else could make the balance of nature turn on its head?

He looked into the water watching the strange balls of light bouncing on the water and whispering things he couldn't quite make out. He was looking for creatures in the water that would gladly eat a wild dog who was foolish enough not to check before drinking. Some were even fast even to catch a smart wild dog. He looked up at the lioness and asked: "Have you seen anything else like this in your travels?" He moved his head towards the lights and the sky. He had never seen anything like this mess himself.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:19 am
Brynja was shocked when the shape spoke to her, and she finally made out his form. He wasn't a lion! She had never met a wild dog before, so she didn't even know what kind of creature he was. The casual way he spoke to her told her he was used to seeing lion, though. She wondered how sheltered she had been living before she had decided to become a reaver.

It took her a moment to find her voice, and when she did, it came out a bit higher pitched than she meant it to. "No, I've never seen anything like it at all," she replied, approaching the edge of the water and peering into it. Suddenly she hissed and moved away with her eyes closed. "it hurts me to look at it. How can you look at it?"  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:25 am
Sezulwini frowned clearly the lioness was having issues adapting to the strange happenings, then again Sezu didn't let pretty much anything ruffle his fur. He was a creature of calm. "Are you alright?" He asked sensing her panic about the situation due to her high pitched voice. "I am Sezulwini." He said hoping he could put her at ease introducing himself. Clearly, he wouldn't hurt her. She was a far cry bigger than he was and he was without a pack. So the odds were in her favor if they chose to fight for some silly reason.

Sezu shrugged his shoulders "They are merely balls of light, not normal for the rogue lands I assure you, normally it would be morning soft white light right now. I'm not sure what is going on. I have never met a god before, but if I had one here I would ask them what is going on. That is my only guess for this, they aren't fireflies. I have seen those before and they are small bugs that blink in the night. This is strange magic."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:39 am
This was embarrassing. This total stranger was now concerned for her well-being, which would not do. She was Stormborn, a Reaver in training! She had to take care of herself. For a moment, she remembered that Stormborn weren't supposed to be on friendly terms with anyone they met out in the roguelands, especially non-lions. If anything, she should have been trying to capture this wild dog to take back to the pride and force into servitude. But then she found that she didn't really care right now. She just wanted the embarrassment to go away.

"I'm fine," she growled, forcing her eyes back open. "I am Brynja, and it would probably be best if you didn't tell me much else about yourself," she said, not interested in being friends with the wild dog, since it wasn't really proper for her to be talking to him at all. "It could be dangerous."

She couldn't stop talking when she got going, though. "My eyes burn when I look at them, and I do not know why. These are definitely not mere bugs. Perhaps you are right. A god might be able to say what they are. I don't think we'll get the chance to ask, though. Unless you happen to be friends with a divine being." She chuckled to herself.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:43 am
Sezu shrugged his shoulders at Brynja he saw no reason to press the issue if she said she was fine and he thought she wasn't it was no business of his to question her, they had only just met after all. "And why would it be dangerous? Yes, you are a lion, but there are many lions in the rogue lands. Unless you plan to kill and eat me?" He questioned calmly. There were far easier prey animals for the lions to eat. Rather than wasting their time taking on wild dogs. He chuckled "No I know no deities." If he did he would certainly ask them many questions.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:47 am
"Just trust me, you do not want to meet the lions I'm travelling with," Brynja warned, then immediately regretted it. She was breaking so many rules! If the Captain came wandering up right now, a tongue lashing wasn't going to be the only thing she'd be in for. "I should probably get back... I-I'm very sorry for disturbing you, this isn't good."

Why did she feel bad? That made no sense, she had no reason to feel bad. Maybe the lights were messing with her head? "We wouldn't eat you, but... you might wish you were dead."  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:50 am
Sezulwini frowned and shrugged his shoulds her words were all very cryptic and he needed to get back to the female wild dog he had been looking after anyway. "I still do not know what you mean, but you did not disturb me, if anything I disturbed you." He said in a haunting tone. She certainly seemed more ruffled then he had ever felt in his life. With that he ran off into the darkness to get back to his friend.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:54 am
Brynja watched Sezulwini go, somewhat relieved that the wild dog hadn't pressed the issue. While she didn't want to admit it, meeting his kind for the first time and how calm he was made her feel a bit better about how awkward she was in her band. If he could speak to a lion with confidence, couldn't she be confident with the other reavers and her Captain? Plus, he had listened to her when others would have probably just laughed or not cared about what she felt at all. She stood near the water for a moment, squinting at the lights, before turning back the way she came.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items