Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Pridelands
[PRP] What could happen next? (Nyimak x Wyconda x Xai)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:25 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Nyimak had started to get bored and had been considering moving on from the prideland when things finally started to get interesting well now what on earth was going on or would that be haven. She had met a number of gods and the prideland had it right in her book they were like everyone else as far as she had gathered from the ones she had met. They had feelings, fears, lives in a sense just like the mortals. She considered some of them her dear friends, she missed Lost a great deal and she hoped she would cross paths with him again someday.

She turned hearing a voice, she looked around but there was no one there, well humm.. She looked around and she heard the voice again, she couldn't figure out who was speaking or what the words were. It was always possible she had finally flipped her lid but she didn't think it was that. She followed the voice to the watering hole and looked up at the sky. There she saw some strange lights the pride land just got a major boost in Nyimak's curiosity ranks. She wondered what would happen next what would she see who would she meet? One a day like this anything could happen and she was open to all the possibilities.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:42 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Xai was actually nestled in his mane today. Which was a huge thing given the bird had been with him most of his life and hated being near him it seemed. She was often off doing other things, making the deaf male try to communicate on his own. It was never easy. Hardly anyone realized he couldn't hear a single thing and got offended when he'd stare at them and try to figure it out.

"Wyconda, I don't know why you don't just find a proper spot to watch those lights."

Wyconda rolled his eyes at his bird friend and pressed on, continuing through the pride. He was on his way to visit his father yet again, but was indeed taking the long way to the den.
Midnightglow18

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:52 am
Peppermint Coffee

Nyimak was a strange sight indeed she had seen a ball of light go into the watering hole and she was more or less acting like Alice chasing the white rabbit. She wanted to know what these things were, she also wanted to know what was with the voices she couldn't quite make out what they were saying. She dunked her head into the water and watched as the strange ball of light disappeared moving past where she could see in the water. She pulled her head up and shook her little mane fluff out and looked around. She spotted a male walking and she smiled brightly and waved her paw at him.

Nyimak didn't know all the pride members but she did her best to be friendly to everyone, she had joined because of a friend and her curious nature wanting to find out what pride life was like. In a way it was nice there were other lions all of the time. Whereas in the rogue land she sometimes went days without seeing another lion. She didn't think herself the most popular lioness in the pride so she doubted the male would come over and talk to her. She turned back to the waterhole her attention on a ball of light mocking her by floating in the middle of the watering hole. Nyimak didn't do swimming.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:11 am
Something caught Xai's eye. The bird tugged at that red mane and tried to get the boy to turn his head.

When Wyconda did, he spotted a lioness he'd never seen before. Blinking blue eyes, he moved over toward her with Xai now taking off ahead of him to make the introductions as he approached.

The bird landed in front of the lioness and gave two hops before fluffing herself up. "Hello! My friend Wyconda approaches! I'm his speaker. He's completely deaf, and can't actually speak." He'd actually never tried to speak, but he couldn't hear anything, let alone himself, so he figured it was deaf fell paw in paw with being a mute.

Midnightglow18

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:23 am
Peppermint Coffee

Nyimak smiled brightly she had never met a lion who couldn't hear before and her natural curiosity she always wanted to know more. "Hey Xai and Wyconda, I'm Nyimak. She looked at them both at then back to Xai "Ok then how do I talk to him?? I would love to learn how you understand him somehow?" She asked. The pair had distracted her from the glowing orbs skipping across the watering hole's surface.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:45 am
"Oh you just talk to me, deary," Xai said as an explanation.

Wyconda finally approached, a lot slower than his bird friend and offered the female a shy sort of smile before looking toward his bird.

Xai made some movements with her body and wings, and Wyconda seemed to understand and in kind made movements with his own body, ears and tail, mainly.

"He says he's happy to meet you, dear. What are you doing here?" Xai situated herself in the tall grass, trying not to get distracted by the little bugs that were jumping away from her. Oh, they looked so good.

Midnightglow18

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:55 am
Peppermint Coffee

Nyimak considered that for a moment "Huh, so he can't have a conversation without you?" She was curious about certain things but thought it would be rude to ask. Then again certain things didn't need words. She grinned "It's very nice to meet you both." She gestured to the watering hole "I was following those I've never seen balls of light like those in the pride land before, heck never saw them in the rogue lands either. So I was investigating because it's fun." She said in a bright happy tone. She loved learning new things. "Hey Xai couldn't we work out paw movements to mean things?" Nyimak could never stop her mind from going it wasn't in her nature. Made getting to sleep at night hard when the idea bunny in her head was always working.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:38 am
"Well, I suppose he could if you learn to communicate with him and how he's communicating with you, but ultimately no one tries, so here I am!" The bird fluffed up and flapped her wings a bit.

Wyconda looked to the watering hole and then back to her before Xai to see what she'd said. Oh, lights in the sky? He'd seen those. He was really curious about them, but ultimately decided to not pursue because they looked like they were way outside of the pride.

"Wyconda said that the lights are well outside of the pride, and that chasing them down would probably end up with lions lost everywhere!" Xai said, looking back to the lioness. "Nonsense. Just talk to me and I'll tell him. It's fine! Don't worry about it."

Midnightglow18

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:48 am
Peppermint Coffee

Nyimak frowned did no one have the curiosity to learn something new? She shook her head "I would be willing to work with you and Wyconda to figure out a system so he doesn't always need you to translate." Nyimak laughed "Alright if you say so." She considered Wyconda's concern about lions getting lost outside the pride. "But the adventure, and how do you get lost out of the pride land, have you never traveled the rogue lands? The sights, the smells." She was a bit wistful. Nyimak would return to traveling someday. "I meant the little balls of light though, see there is one in the watering hole." She gestured with her paw at the ghost light on the water. "I was considering trying to swim after it, but I don't really know how to swim." She said blushing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:01 am
"Oh, this one I can answer you. He was born in a completely different pride, deary. He traveled the roguelands many days and weeks with his father before they got here. I was a chick back then, but I remember." Xai sighed a little and shook her head. "No place for proper lions if you ask me. Uncouth ones live out there."

She spent the next few moments translating what was said and Wyconda nodded. The expression on the lion's face was serious as he came around in front of her. His blue eyes looked hard into hers.

"There's nothing good in the roguelands, he says. The safest place in the world is in a pride with family and friends to help protect you and you protect them. As for the ghost lights, Wyconda says there's no point in chasing it if you can't swim. He can't either."

Wyconda nodded, red mane getting in front of his face. His expression shifted from the serious one back to neutral. No, he couldn't swim, didn't want to learn. There were things living in the water that are better left undisturbed.
Midnightglow18

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:13 am
Peppermint Coffee

Nyimak rolled her eyes were Wyconda could clearly see and then said "A life of safety in exchange for a life of adventure and freedom. I've lived in the rogue lands, was raised in the rogue lands it's not so bad out there if you know how to handle it. This is my first time living in a pride actually. It's nice but seeing the same things day in and day out." She shrugged "I think someday I'm going back to the rogue lands, I love seeking something new and amazing. Meeting new lions, meeting gods, I met the God of laughter once." She said with a grin. "I still have things I want to do here but this isn't my forever home." She said firmly. Nyimak and Wyconda couldn't be more different and it had nothing to do with him not being able to hear her. What he couldn't hear was the call of adventure she heard every day.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:32 am
Not her forever home? Wyconda took offense to that. He rolled his own eyes and turned away from her. If she was that bored, she could just leave. Joining a pride wasn't something he and his dad took lightly. It was starting your life all over again and adjusting and learning new rules, new ways to do things and being home.

Xai watched as Wyconda walked off and gave a little sight.

"He's a bit touchy. His time in the roguelands wasn't easy. He was attacked by an adolescent leopard. I wasn't with him. He got separated somehow. So joining a pride was the best thing for him. Wyconda... he's picky. But now I must be off. He's leaving.."

And indeed he was, the male didn't even say anything. He was heading back the way he came, clear annoyance written in his body language.

Midnightglow18

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:37 am
Peppermint Coffee

Nyimak wasn't angry with them, she had a different viewpoint and she did do things on a whim which was clearly not the way Wyconda lived his life. She would do what she wanted when she wanted and she wouldn't spend her time trying to make Wyconda see her point of view. Life was too short for that. She dipped her paw into the watering hole and started practicing swimming to learn something new every day. After that, she hopped out to dry herself off and head back to her temporary home.

(Fin)  
[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff