Reply [IC] Nil'nocere Lands
[PRP] Herb Hunting (Sri & Madzimoyo)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:31 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

News of the destruction of the hives had spread, and while not a Healer, not even a fully fledged Gardener yet, Sri was out and about, trying to find a good alternative.

Which... was a task nowhere in her line of work, but she was determined to prove herself to the pride. She wasn't technically supposed to be doing so. As a Seeder, her job was to build trenches for the ones above her in rank, but, well, she wasn't exactly enamored with the job. She had a good nose for plants. Why couldn't she use it?!

So she did so in her free time, gathering herbs and sniffing out new things... not that she could boast about anything she found to anyone, but perhaps, if it helped the pride, she could track down an herb that could be used as a substitute. She would figure out how to prove to someone that she was useful later.

For now, Sri was sniffing around the edges of the pride, not really paying attention to anything beyond the ground.

Midnightglow18
Prompt 6~

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:43 am
MangoMeow

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Mad parted ways with Kum and went traveling again it seemed that things were not going to work out starting a group right now. So he thought it better to go off on his own for a bit. He wasn't sure where he had ended up but he wasn't all that worried. He saw the peach colored female and he called out "Hello. I wonder if you can tell me where I am."  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:05 am
The voice calling out to her made Sri jolt in her spot. She was at first alarmed that one of her pride mates had seen what she was doing, before realizing what the stranger was asking. Fur flattening back down along her neck, the wild dog sighed in relief. Good, someone who wouldn't have any idea what she was doing.

Pink eyes passed over to him, eyeing the blue form and then nodded. "You're in the Nil'nocere." Rogues were welcome to wander in here, even stay a while should they need the aid, so she wasn't terribly concerned about a stranger walking in. That said, he clearly wasn't injured, so she doubted that a Healer was necessary to grab. Good for her, because now she didn't have to stop what she was doing.

Pushing her nose back down, Sri continued her searching as she spoke, "We're a healing pride, so if you're ever injured or sick, we'll treat you."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:57 am
MangoMeow

Madiymoyo watched the reaction of the female to his arrival he was trying to not frighten her and it seemed to have gone very badly. "I'm sorry to have startled you." He looked around the area and then said: "Thank you." He considered her offer on their pride helping to treat the sick or injured and he shook his head. "No I'm fine, but since I'm wandering in your homeland is there anything I can help you with?" He hoped there was since it would be only fair for him to help out the pride if he was hanging around for a bit.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:04 pm
Sri paused in her sniffing to glance back up at him, considering his words for a moment. Well, if he was offering to help, who was she to stop him? It wasn't like he had any idea that she was a newer Seeder.

"Actually, you could help me find a good substitute for honey. We're having a shortage, and unfortunately, it's used in a lot of our salves." The wild dog sighed and muttered, "Well, I say 'shortage', but we're really not sure how it happened. Regardless, we need something to use in the meantime."

She gestured at the ground, "I'm searching for an herb that we could use. Something with the same smell and properties of honey. It would need to be tested first, of course, but an herb or perhaps even pollen from a flower could..." And now she'd gone off on a tangent of muttering quietly to herself. She did this sometimes.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:04 pm
MangoMeow

Mad frowned "What happened to the creatures that make the honey?" He knew there were some, though he couldn't think of the name of the creature. He hadn't come in contact with any in his travels so far. "What does it smell like?" Mad asked. He frowned "Did I mention I'm Madyimoyo?" He listened to what she was saying trying to figure out the best way to help her with her task. He figured if nothing else once she found one he would be able to help her find more of what she was looking for.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:03 pm
She snorted, "Probably sweet, or something like it." Truthfully, she was completely guessing with this, but a good place to start was something sweet, right? She could always use it as a starting point.

Tilting her head, Sri clucked her tongue, "Oh, the bees are still here, for the most part, but... the hives were destroyed. No one is certain how or why it happened. All we know is that the beekeeper went to check on his bees, and found it destroyed." She shook her head, "Apparently they'll be able to rebuild, but not for a while, which leaves us with that shortage of honey."

The female paused, "Oh, no, I don't think we introduced ourselves. I'm Sri."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:41 am
MangoMeow

He chuckled and started sniffing for plants that smelled sweet. He frowned listening to her story. "Are the beekeeper's guards as well or do you guys need beekeeper house guards now." He shook his head someone destroying something for no reason was terrible. Destroying for a reason wasn't much better. Mad preferred working things out peacefully he wasn't much for fighting and hurting others. He drew the line at killing for food which everyone needed there was no getting around that. He smiled "Nice to meet you Sir." He stopped at a sweet smelling plant. That smelled a lot like nectar. (honeysuckle like) He looked at the yellow flower wondering if it would be of use.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:25 am
Sri shook her head, "There wasn't ever a need for guards for the bees. Who would destroy a beehive? Most lions don't eat honey, and those creatures that do will usually leave it in tact enough for the bees to make more quickly. After all, it's their source of food."

The female wild dog had turned to glance at him at that point, and then paused as she noticed what he was looking at. "Did you find something?" Even as she asked that though, she was rushing over to sniff at the flower.

Her tail wagged behind her a few times, "That certain smells like honey!" And then she leaned down to start picking a few gently with her teeth.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:32 am
MangoMeow

Mad grinned and helped her carefully gather more of the flowers. "You make a good point, does your pride have any enemies? Another group who would purposely seek to destroy your way of life?" He asked putting a bunch of the flowers carefully down.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:43 am
Sri shook her head again in reply, "No, not that I know of." Granted, she hasn't lived here long, but no one had ever mentioned any enemies. She pondered that for a moment, before shaking her head, more assuredly this time. "No, I don't think we do. We generally just help people, so I don't know why anyone would decide to attack one of our resources."

As she mulled over that, she continued to pluck flowers until they had a decently sized pile. "Alright!" She had a determined look on her face, "Now to bring these back." Sri would test these first before bringing it before anyone.

The wild dog leaned down to grab a bundle of them into her mouth, all while muttering, "Would you mind helping me carry these back to my den?" She gestured to the left of her, "It's this way."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:49 am
Mad nodded his head and smiled then he followed after Sri back to the den to help her carried the flowers.

(Fin)  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
[IC] Nil'nocere Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers