Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply π”Έπ•£π•”π•™π•šπ•§π•–
Ninshuu Temple Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kondo Kaicho
Vice Captain

Patriotic Capitalist

5,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:38 pm
User Image
The Temple is maintained by a handful of monks who study Ninshuu. It is located at the most northern part of the island, burried in a thicket of trees atop a cliff. These monks are happy to teach anyone who passes by about their study and the true intention of chakra. The monks are equally helpful in giving travelers a place to spend the night and a hot meal.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:27 pm
User ImageUser Image

After around half a day of solid traveling, a time during which they took multiple breaks on account of the young ward's unfamiliarity with extended cardiovascular activities, they finally arrived at the Ninshuu Temple. Karuto stood underneath the large gate that signaled the entrance of a peaceful zone and smiled, putting his hands on his hips and breathing deeply. "Ahhh, it's good to be back!" At this he proceeded forward down the stoney path, headed towards the large wooden building that lay before them. As he neared, five men in differing robes came out. The five were very different from one another- big, small, bald, hairy- one would be hard pressed to find very many similarities between them...save one. They all had a symbol pressed onto the center of their robes with a secondary one below it. The large symbol was the symbol for Ninshuu, while the secondary and smaller symbol was the old symbols for their original countries. Fire, Wind, Lightning, Rice and Water were all represented here.

Oddly enough, these men all bowed before Karuto, and he did in return. Then, when it seemed like it would be a very formal affair, they all began talking as Karuto walked into the middle of them- embracing some, grasping others forearms and generally being very merry with the lot. After they had sufficiently caught up, and details exchanged of the various goings on's of the world, only then did Karuto turn and extended his arm towards Koutetsu in gesture "Forgive me, forgive me. This is Koutetsu, a boy from the Whirlpool Village. He is going to be studying Taijutsu underneath me and I thought it best to let his instruction begin here" At this, Karuto cracked a devious smile and cast a sly look to his fellows- all of whom returned the gesture in one way or another "Koutetsu, I'd like to introduce you to the Priests of the Five Temples."

After making introductions, they Priests led them inside and showed them to their rooms. Neither room was ornate- indeed, all of them were rather spartan in attire. But they had everything that was necessary to train. Once the traveling duo had relieved themselves of their packs, Karuto pulled Koutetsu into a side room and sat him down. Once there, he explained the purpose of the Old Temples. How, in the time before when there HAD been Five Nations, each one of these Temples created and honed the physical and spiritual artform for that nation. For the Fire Temple it was the Konohagakure no Taijutsu, for the Lightning it was the Kaiser Fist, for the Sound it was the Resshuuken and so on and so on! He explained how, when he was younger, he had ventured to each of these temples and learned the Taijutsu straight from the original masters themselves instead of some scroll. "You see, Koutetsu..." He said, taking a sip of the beer that one of the priests brewed "...Taijutsu is more than punching and kicking. It is entering into a state of peace of both body and mind- of closing the gap between your muscles, your brain and your heart. That is why we are here. Before you begin your formal Taijutsu training, I would like you to observe the Priests here. Meditate and try to find your point of balance. Clear your mind and let go of any preconceived notions of fighting. Only when you are formless can you be shaped into something new" As he finished he drink, he made a shoo-ing motion "Go go. There is a stump outside for you to meditate on. When you are done, find Master Rishi, the Priest of the Sound Temple. He will begin the basic instruction for you"

duckmasta

Dexterous Prince

Business Tycoon

duckmasta

Dapper Businesswoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:49 pm
    "Temper temper. Hammer it home."

User Image
      Koutetsu was exhausted. Sure heavy weight lifting was something he was used to, but combining it with intense cardio changed the game. His legs felt like jelly and he was somewhat nauseous by the time they arrived at their destination. The breaks hadn't done much other than prevent him for regurgitating the few ration bars he called meals.

He looked up from the stone path to the large gate as they passed under it before seeing the wooden building. Five men in similar robes came out from the building. He recognized a few of the symbols on their robes from his history lessons at the academy. The largest symbol, he was a bit unsure of though it seemed familiar. Koutetsu was surprised to see Karuto bow to these gentlemen given his reprimand at the academy, but Koutetsu followed suit figuring these people were of importance. Koutetsu watched as his Sensei interacted with priests with familiarity. "Hai," he said in acknowledgement of his introduction, before bowing once more.

Following the priests and Karuto inside, Koutetsu examined the layout of the building and tried to commit it to memory. He was yanked from his thoughts, when Karuto pulled him into a room. Sitting down, he listened to the history lesson intently. Nodding in acceptance of the directions, He exited the room, making his way down the hall and outside where he found the aforementioned stump.

Sitting on his shins, Koutetsu settled his breathing. The stump was not the most comfortable Roost, but the discomfort had to be ignored. He settled his gaze on the wood paneling, examining the natural grain. Taijutsu is a bond between body and mind; A state of peace developed through violence. What does it mean though? Koutetsu let his mind wander as his eyes followed the path of the grain. The priests each represent a different art, derived from different countries. Fire, Wind, Lightning, Rice, and Water. All could represent some form of elemental nature. I know water adapts, conforms to its surroundings, while earth was solid and immutable. Lightning is instantaneous, stunning in both beauty and action. Fire heats hearth and forge, Passion for life. The wind blows as it chooses, free in ways the others are not. Free... Let go of preconceptions... Why create this place? If not for the unity of ideas to expand ones views? The idea of one way only, only applies if that one way is no way. Freedom of expression; Adaptation; Immovable and yet unstoppable; And to be driven, to pursue an eternal expansion and to forge it into something new.

Koutetsu stood and stretched, his sore muscles aching. Suddenly, he realized, "I forgot to remove my pack." he shook his head, before removing it from his back and placing it on the ground. Reaching into his supplies, he retrieved a ration bar and snacked on it. Heh. I can't believe I forgot I was wearing it, He thought, looking up towards the sky, I don't know if I have found a balance, I don't even know if that was what Karuto-sensei meant. Maybe, that is what I am here to learn. He stuffed the wrapper back in his bag, before heading into the building.

Koutetsu wandered the halls, passing various rooms until he stopped in front of one with a music note above it. Knocking gently on the sliding door, he heard a reply, "Please come in." Entering, Koutetsu found an elderly man, thinly built who seemed to be waiting for him. Ah, Koutetsu. Yes. Yes. Come in. I am Master Rishi, the Mixmaster, the Sound caster; Laying down beats faster." Koutetsu closed his eyes and took a deep breath before bowing. "An honor, sir."

Young Karuto has asked me to teach you the basics of Taijutsu. And so I shall... once you put these old records back on the shelf" Master Rishi said, gesturing his walking stick at a pile of records and then pointing up a wall. Following the point of the stick, he noticed that the shelves were located ten feet off the floor. For the first time, Koutetsu realized the walls were a lot taller than he had thought. "Sir? I don't know how I am to get up there." Master Rishi Squinted before he said, "Well why don't you try running up there first before claiming you don't know how. Now hurry up," he said smacking Koutetsu in his legs with the stick.

Koutetsu winced, before walking over and grabbing a record. He stared at the wall nervously, then ran towards. Taking two steps up the wall, he promptly fell on the floor. " Don't go breaking my record, boy," the elderly priest said somewhat sarcastically. Koutetsu picked himself back up and tried again. Each time he fell, he had to take the brunt of the fall to protect the record.

Steadily, he made progress despite the soreness in his body. Every now and then as he made a mistake, he would be on the receiving end of Master Rishi's stick. Two feet, became four, four transformed to six, six turned to eight, and eight grew to ten; Til at last he could make it up the wall. Each time he ran up, he would put a record away before falling back down as gravity took hold. When he had finished, Koutetsu looked over to see Master Rishi standing right behind him. "Boo!" Koutetsu blinked, unsure of what to make of this priest before saying, "Sir, I have done as you asked. Can we begin?"

Master Rishi narrowed his eyes, before sighing, "Boy, That was your training. What have they been teaching you?" Koutetsu, Shook his head, "I figured that after a couple falls and with the critiques. I meant can we begin without all the nonsense?" A sudden smack on top of his head had Koutetsu rubbing the spot as Master Rishi brought his stick back down. " Nonsense! Nonsense is unpredictable, it goes against the flow of things, creating new and surprising outcomes. You're still too stiff. Go see young Karuto."

Koutetsu bowed and thanked the priest before heading back to the stump. Hefting the pack onto his shoulders, he headed back to the side room where Karuto was last. Knocking on the door he announced himself, "Karuto-sensei, Master Rishi has sent me back."

"Forge the weapon worth wielding."

Dexterous Prince

Relevant Details
Character Core
Name: Koutetsu Kajibamaru
Village: Uzushiogakure
Body Rank: D
Title Rank: Genin
Classes: Bukijutsu/Worker
Bloodline: Koton
Link to Profile:[x]

Class Disciplines
First Class: Bukijutsu
____Juggernaut: β†’ The user suffers no drawbacks of any kind when wearing very light and light armor at D-Rank, medium armor at C-Rank, heavy armor at B-Rank, and all other armors at A-Rank. They receive one free custom weapon or armor upon creation and gain a moderate boost to strength and fortitude. Additionally, they start with the following four techniques, rather than the six most ninja do: Bushi Ken no Jutsu [ Samurai Sabre Technique ], Shunshin no Jutsu [ Body Flicker Technique ], Kai [ Release ], and Kawarimi no Jutsu [ Substitution Technique ].
____Mystic Hero(Mimic via Balanced Master): β†’ You are much like a hybrid warrior, focusing on mixing ninjutsu into your personal arsenal. Through your great devotion to this path you can cast ninjutsu can cast ninjutsu up to your body rank without hand seals while wielding a weapon. These techniques maintain the same description and criteria to use and require the same amount of time to mold the chakra through the weapon as would be needed to perform hand seals, meaning the techniques are not instantaneously cast. They also cannot be molded during another attack, meaning you cannot be swinging a sword and using this discipline to charge a ninjutsu at the same time. You also gain 2 extra ninjutsu slots per rank.
Second Class: Worker
____Balanced Master: β†’ This discipline mimics one of the user's other class's non-chosen disciplines. (i.e. non-Worker Class) The Double Specialization perk for said class is not available for gaining. If the character is Double Worker Class, they may choose one discipline from any other class. In addition, any jutsu learned can be paid for with either chakra, stamina, or a mix of the two. Any further chakra types are also subject to this. Recovery amounts for chakra and stamina are doubled while working, and working counts as relaxing.
Personal Attributes
β€’ Iron Lord: The user is able to give the Black Steel properties to all Doton techniques they perform, giving them the appearance of black steel upon creation. Those earth release techniques lose their elemental weaknesses and strengths.
β€’ Adamant Guard: The clan receives a heavy increase to fortitude and suffers a mild decrease to speed
β€’ Forge Master: The size of weapons created can be made one tier larger but do not gain a rank advantage.
Equipment
Armor:
Quote:

Weapon:
Quote:

Kunai: 0/0
Shuriken: 0/0
Chakra and Stamina
Chakra: 205/205
Stamina: 255/255
Chakra Element: Doton/Suiton/Koton
Chakra Color: Dark Grey
Chakra Materialization: Dark Grey Samurai armor overlay
Jutsu used or Learned
Physical: Learned
Quote:
Fall Breaker
Description: By slamming their hands, arms, feet, and legs down against the ground upon landing, the Shinobi breaks his or her fall by dispersing the force across the ground, suffering minimal damage. E-Rank covers a fall of ten feet, with each rank above that breaking falls from five feet higher per rank. Cannot be used more than twice in the span of three posts. Damages the landing platform. Using this technique at a higher rank than necessary will propel the user back up the full distance of the fall, but prevents the user from activating it again on its own for the rest of the post due to the strain it puts on the user's muscles.

Learned
Quote:
Wall Scaling Technique
Description: Allows the user to scale walls without the use of Chakra. E-Rank affords a base of 10 feet traveled before falling down again, and each rank above that adds another five feet onto the distance.

Elemental:
Quote:

Mental: Trained to D
Quote:
Soft Mental: Stopping, kneeling, and performing focused, critical thinking for any number of posts will gift the user a boost to a single known Formless Style, for as many posts as the user focuses. The buff increases per post, starting at a slight boost on the first post, then moving to mildly on the second, then moderately, heavily, greatly, and finally supremely after 6 posts. Higher ranks of training in this Style increase maximum rank of the bonus by one, starting with a mild boost at D-Rank. Cannot stack with the Hard Mental style.
Descriptive Stats
β€’ Strength β–Ί 3
β†’β†’ Class Discipline
β€’ Speed β–Ί -2
β†’β†’ Bloodline
β€’ Reflex β–Ί 0
β†’β†’ N/A
β€’ Fortitude β–Ί 8
β†’β†’ Bloodline, Class Discipline
β†’β†’ Bloodline
Mission Details
Mission:
Quote:
Custom C-rank provided by Karuto

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:23 am
User ImageUser Image

The familiar 'thump....thump' sound of Koutetsu failing in his initial training reminded Karuto of when he, himself, had been a victim of Master Rishi's antics. Karuto had told him a little of the man's personality, but what he hadn't told Tetsu was that when he completed his Five Temple Test he had been forced to fight all 5 masters at once. It was the hardest fight of his life...and he didn't win! But he survived, and that was the test. Rishi himself had broken three of his ribs! He smiled at the memory. Times back then were so simple.

His recollection was disturbed by a knock on his door and the entrance of Tetsu who announced he had been sent back "Alright" Karuto said, rising to his feet. He walked past the boy and motioned for him to follow. "Tell me what you learned on the stump today" He said, not breaking pace. He was headed for the training grounds and would listen to the boy's 'wisdom' on the way.

Once they arrived at the clearing behind the building Karuto would proceed out into the middle and turn to face Tetsu "Alright, I am going to instruct you a little. Taijutsu is very simple but also a little complex. There are many different styles of Taijutsu. Each of those styles is wildly different from the other BUT each of those styles is comprised up of Stages. Each stage is successive- it builds off the teachings of the previous one. So, for now, I will teach you Stage One of the Resshuuken- a rather straightforward style good at one on one direct combat."

For the next several hours Karuto sparred with Koutetsu, instructing him how to perform the techniques and using his own body as the boy's practice dummy. Of course the kid's blows hardly even registered to him but he figured Tetsu should get used to punching flesh.

duckmasta

Dexterous Prince

Business Tycoon

duckmasta

Dapper Businesswoman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:24 pm

User Image
      Koutetsu followed Karuto through the hallways, but didn't answer immediately. After a few moments of silence, with Koutetsu considering how to phrase it, he replied, "My thoughts found themselves on why this place was created. The five priests represented five different nations. They could be likened to the five primary elements. I thought of why they would be brought together and I thought it to be to freely exchange ideas and methods. it occurred to me it was a form of unity, but also a means of thinking outside of the box."

They entered a clearing behind the temple and as Karuto-sensei elaborated on the art, Koutetsu did his best to follow. As they sparred, he tried to perform some of the techniques his sensei showed, but couldn't seem to grasp their usage. He slowly began to revert back to using the Academy style, struggling to keep up. While he tried his best to land individual strikes, he felt each blow from Karuto acutely. Every now and then, they would take breaks between the spars. It was during one of these breaks, Koutetsu remembered some more on what he had meditated on and approached Karuto with it. "Blending of Ideas, allows for one to better allocate what seems to work naturally rather than trying to conform to something. I don't know. Maybe this style isn't the best art form for me, Sensei."

Dexterous Prince

Relevant Details
Character Core

Class Disciplines
____Juggernaut: β†’ The user suffers no drawbacks of any kind when wearing very light and light armor at D-Rank, medium armor at C-Rank, heavy armor at B-Rank, and all other armors at A-Rank. They receive one free custom weapon or armor upon creation and gain a moderate boost to strength and fortitude. Additionally, they start with the following four techniques, rather than the six most ninja do: Bushi Ken no Jutsu [ Samurai Sabre Technique ], Shunshin no Jutsu [ Body Flicker Technique ], Kai [ Release ], and Kawarimi no Jutsu [ Substitution Technique ].
____Mystic Hero(Mimic via Balanced Master): β†’ You are much like a hybrid warrior, focusing on mixing ninjutsu into your personal arsenal. Through your great devotion to this path you can cast ninjutsu can cast ninjutsu up to your body rank without hand seals while wielding a weapon. These techniques maintain the same description and criteria to use and require the same amount of time to mold the chakra through the weapon as would be needed to perform hand seals, meaning the techniques are not instantaneously cast. They also cannot be molded during another attack, meaning you cannot be swinging a sword and using this discipline to charge a ninjutsu at the same time. You also gain 2 extra ninjutsu slots per rank.
____Balanced Master: β†’ This discipline mimics one of the user's other class's non-chosen disciplines. (i.e. non-Worker Class) The Double Specialization perk for said class is not available for gaining. If the character is Double Worker Class, they may choose one discipline from any other class. In addition, any jutsu learned can be paid for with either chakra, stamina, or a mix of the two. Any further chakra types are also subject to this. Recovery amounts for chakra and stamina are doubled while working, and working counts as relaxing.
Personal Attributes
β€’ Iron Lord: The user is able to give the Black Steel properties to all Doton techniques they perform, giving them the appearance of black steel upon creation. Those earth release techniques lose their elemental weaknesses and strengths.
β€’ Adamant Guard: The clan receives a heavy increase to fortitude and suffers a mild decrease to speed
β€’ Forge Master: The size of weapons created can be made one tier larger but do not gain a rank advantage.
Equipment
Armor:
Quote:

Weapon:
Quote:

Chakra and Stamina
Stamina: 255/255
Jutsu used or Learned
Physical:
Quote:

Elemental:
Quote:

Mental:
Quote:
Descriptive Stats
β€’ Strength β–Ί 3
β†’β†’ Class Discipline
β€’ Speed β–Ί -2
β†’β†’ Bloodline
β€’ Reflex β–Ί 0
β†’β†’ N/A
β€’ Fortitude β–Ί 8
β†’β†’ Bloodline
Mission Details
Mission:
Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:11 pm
User ImageUser Image

Karuto frowned at the lack of strength displayed to him by Tetsu's efforts. It seemed the boy was getting disgruntled and reverting back to basic habits. Eventually, Karuto just stopped and listened to the boy's explanation. "Well you are half right at least..." He scratched his chin in thought. It was true- the kid wasn't physically strong enough to learn even the simple styles. He would have to go VERY basic and non-aggressive.

Snapping his fingers as a realization came to him, Karuto would perform the first teaching of the Cloud's Style- the Kyuuten No Kumori! He encouraged Tetsu to try to mimic him. If he was able to, he would display the rest of the techniques in the first stage and begin sparring with the boy "Unity is only appreciated by recognizing and understand the individual concepts that are bound, Tetsu. To understand that all schools of thought- especially martial ones- are interconnected and supportive of one another"

duckmasta

Dexterous Prince

Business Tycoon

duckmasta

Dapper Businesswoman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:24 pm

User Image
      Koutetsu worked hard, trying his best to show that he could improve. It might seem odd for someone of his size, that the more straightforward style didn't seem to mesh as well as the acrobatic art he was now learning, but as he had learned from Master Rishi: the strange or unpredictable could be an asset. While they sparred, Koutetsu tried some of the newer moves shown. He made extensive use of the double jump, both to create space and close distance. He managed to land a few flying kicks as glancing blows, but it was the solid impact of his flying tackle that Koutetsu took pride in landing on his Sensei. Pride that lasted half a second before his momentum was enhanced by a throw. Crashing into the ground, just barely able to break his fall by virtue of his earlier training, Koutetsu groaned. Standing back up a little unsteadily, he took a deep breath. Wincing, Gah! it even hurts to breathe. "Sensei, I think every fiber of my body has learned a lesson in unity: Everything hurts."

Dexterous Prince

Relevant Details
Character Core

Class Disciplines
Personal Attributes
Equipment
Armor:
Quote:

Weapon:
Quote:

Chakra and Stamina
Stamina: 250/255
Jutsu used or Learned
Physical: Learned:
Quote:
Double Jump
Description: By forming a small platform of Chakra under the feet, the user gains the ability to jump once again. Platform lasts for a split second and cannot be stood upon for longer than that. Can only be used once per jump.

Quote:
Flying Kick
Description: The user jumps off of the ground or some elevated structure and angles his or herself toward their opponent, attacking with an outstretched leg. Afterward, the user can rebound in the same direction they came from without consuming an additional activation, allowing for a hasty retreat. Can be used at any rank the user has trained to in the Soft Physical Formless Style; if the user is untrained therein, this technique can only be used at E- and D-Rank.

Quote:
Flying Tackle
Description: The user jumps off of the ground or some elevated structure, and angles his or herself toward their opponent, attacking with a flexed shoulder. Interrupts whatever the person is doing and knocks them down if no precautions are taken to guard against this attack. Can be used at any rank the user has trained to in the Soft Physical Formless Style; if the user is untrained therein, this technique can only be used at E- and D-Rank. Can be used in conjunction with Fall Breaker without consuming an extra activation.

Used:
Quote:
Fall Breaker
Description: By slamming their hands, arms, feet, and legs down against the ground upon landing, the Shinobi breaks his or her fall by dispersing the force across the ground, suffering minimal damage. E-Rank covers a fall of ten feet, with each rank above that breaking falls from five feet higher per rank. Cannot be used more than twice in the span of three posts. Damages the landing platform. Using this technique at a higher rank than necessary will propel the user back up the full distance of the fall, but prevents the user from activating it again on its own for the rest of the post due to the strain it puts on the user's muscles.

Elemental:
Quote:

Mental:
Quote:
Descriptive Stats
β€’ Strength β–Ί 3
β†’β†’ Class Discipline
β€’ Speed β–Ί -2
β†’β†’ Bloodline
β€’ Reflex β–Ί 0
β†’β†’ N/A
β€’ Fortitude β–Ί 8
β†’β†’ Bloodline
Mission Details
Mission:
Quote:
Title: Find a mentor
Information: Got yourself a teacher do you, nice work. Study under them and learn a jutsu your teacher already knows. Keep it up and you will be doing the teaching one day.
Solo or Squad: Any
Minimum Posts: None
Note: This mission can only be repeated four times.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:47 pm
User ImageUser Image

He smiled at the boy, glad he too found humor in the suffering that is training "Good on you boy!" He said, slapping the kid good-naturedly on the back "Now that you've gotten a little practice in, I think I will too"

As he said this, the Five Great Masters all convened around him. They were ready to be his sparring partners, as only they could. First stepped up Master Toshu- a great beast of a man who was almost Karuto's equal. With the sound like boulders crashing, they sprang into a series of grapples and locks. Karuto was able to get behind him and, using his shoulder as a fulcrum, brought his neck up while also jumping and landing. While these moves may have killed a normal man, they simply annoyed Toshu. Karuto then threw the man into a suplex from this position. Bringing the master up and over, he slammed him down after holding him high overhead. The impact crushed the rocks around him. All the while, Karuto had been using Chakra to augment his strength. While it greatly increased his strength, it fatigued him. He decided he could only keep this up for a short while- but for anyone caught in his grip they would find themselves sorely disappointed at their ability to escape. With his training in this style mastered completely, he also found his pain tolerance to be much higher than it was when he started. He could definitely withstand a lot more punishment. This was good, because he knew his rivals were equally skilled at metting it out.

Olympia Stage 6 Mastered

The next technique he would learn would be the most difficult one of the Be Water My Friends Style. He waited until Rishi attacked him and stepped back at the last second. With deft hands he grabbed the man's arm and pulled him in, delivering a solid counter attack at the same moment. It was a quick yet devastatingly powerful combination attack. A one-hit punch that could end a fight right then and there.

Be Water My Friends Stage 6 Mastered

The next two techniques focused more on speed than anything. First, he released his chakra in a great wave. Anything that came within five meters of him would be suddenly and inexplicably slowed. Secondly, he practiced unleashing a flurry of blows in an epic combination. He had to execute five attacks before a normal person could block one. If successful, the result would be devastating. He practiced, and in one moment he was able to strike all five of the masters at once- a proud moment for the Taijutsu King. They also found themselves slowed by his Chakra Cloud- something he would definitely use the next time Masato got too big for his britches.

JiyΕ«gata SenpΕ« Stage 6 Mastered

duckmasta

Dexterous Prince

Business Tycoon

duckmasta

Dapper Businesswoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:28 pm

User Image
      If Koutetsu wasn't sure there was a lesson to be learned from everything, then he might have been surprised by what happened next. Then again, this Karuto-sensei and perhaps he had intended it, which would have been a surprise. Either way, once Karuto slapped Koutetsu on the back, there was a series of sounds like repeated slaps as Koutetsu stumbled forward. That was weird. Let me try that again, He thought as he began walking around the area. As Karuto-Sensei battled it out with the Five Great Masters, Koutetsu tried to mimic the sounds of their battle with each step he took. Successful in his endeavor, Koutetsu took off running towards the nearby building, ignoring the previous soreness. If I combine this with the wall scaling technique, then hypothetically... his thought trailed off as he ran along the wall of the temple. "It worked!" he exclaimed, throwing a few strikes excitedly. One such strike managed to knock some leaves off of a tree branch. Trying it repeatedly, Koutetsu managed to keep a single leaf in the air for a minute without making contact. Looking back to tell Karuto-Sensei about his discovery, Koutetsu was struck by silence at the awesome display of Taijutsu. Wanting to get to a better seat, Koutetsu attempted to double jump onto the roof of the temple. Grabbing the lip, he began pulling himself up when the piece of material he was holding broke off. Falling, he expelled chakra from his feet creating an additional platform more than he had before and managed to land safely on the roof. Koutetsu waited and watched as his Sensei sparred.

Dexterous Prince
I used your pat on the back as a hidden instruction on how to use Area disruption as I had 1 find a mentor mission left. Since I could learn 4 jutsu, I decided to complete the learning jutsu as well. There are still some Stage 4 of Kyuuten I need to learn, but I think I'm good on Tai for right now. So we can head back whenever you desire.

Relevant Details
Character Core

Class Disciplines
β–±β–°β–± Juggernaut: β†’ The user suffers no drawbacks of any kind when wearing very light and light armor at D-Rank, medium armor at C-Rank, heavy armor at B-Rank, and all other armors at A-Rank. They receive one free custom weapon or armor upon creation and gain a moderate boost to strength and fortitude. Additionally, they start with the following four techniques, rather than the six most ninja do: Bushi Ken no Jutsu [ Samurai Sabre Technique ], Shunshin no Jutsu [ Body Flicker Technique ], Kai [ Release ], and Kawarimi no Jutsu [ Substitution Technique ].

β–±β–°β–± Balanced Master: β†’ The user gains one extra bukijutsu style every other rank. The user also receives a moderate boost in two DR stats of the user choice. The user cannot double upon the same stat to receive a supreme boost with this discipline.
Personal Attributes
β€’ Forged for Battle: May convert Bukijutsu Styles for Tai Styles 1:1
β€’ Kagu-tsuchi: Gain Katon.
β€’ Academy PA: An Opened Mind: +10 Ninjutsu slots
Equipment
Armor:
Quote:

Weapon:
Quote:

Chakra and Stamina
Chakra: 255/255
Stamina: 305/305
Jutsu used or Learned
Physical:
Learned
Quote:
Area Disruption
Description: Using the sound of another nearby occurrence as a model, the user sends Chakra to their feet, causing their footfalls to mimic the sound. Alternatively, can be used to erase the sound of the user’s footsteps entirely. Lasts for one post, but can be maintained after that for an E-Rank cost per post.

Quote:
Wall Run
Description: The user runs almost parallel to a wall, stepping up on to it once they have reached nearly their full speed. The momentum of their run allows them to run in a large arc along the wall without using chakra, allowing the user to traverse large gaps with ease. Usage allows for one post of continuous wall running. Does not consume an activation if the user is near a wall.

Quote:
Air Disperse
Description: By shifting the form of the air with a chakra lined limb or some other tool, the user breaks the fluidity of many techniques that require air or oxygen. Can be used at any rank the user has trained to in the Soft Physical Formless Style, and can be used to disrupt any techniques of a lower rank that affect or rely on the air, such as sound-based Genjutsu, Fuuton, and Katon Ninjutsu. Additionally, it will spread out the impact area of focused attacks, reducing their strength by one descriptive rank per this technique's rank. Dispersal does not travel with the user, and ends after one post.

Quote:
Triple Jump
Description: An extension to Double Jump. By using this technique, the user gains the ability to jump again immediately after a Double Jump. Maximum number of additional jumps is one per learned rank of the Soft Physical Formless Style.

Elemental:
Quote:

Mental:
Quote:
Descriptive Stats

β€’ Strength β–Ί 3
β†’β†’ Juggernaut
β€’ Speed β–Ί 3
β†’β†’ Balanced Master
β€’ Reflex β–Ί 3
β†’β†’ Balanced Master
β€’ Fortitude β–Ί 3
β†’β†’ Juggernaut
Mission Details
Mission:
Quote:
Title: Find a mentor
Information: Got yourself a teacher do you, nice work. Study under them and learn a jutsu your teacher already knows. Keep it up and you will be doing the teaching one day.
Note: This mission can only be repeated four times.

Quote:
Title: Learn a Jutsu!
Information: You have to start somewhere, don't you? Well, here's the starting point! Learn a jutsu, any jutsu, and you've taken the first step on the road to power!
Note: This mission can only be repeated three times.

Find a Mentor 4th:Completed
Learn a Jutsu!: Complete x 3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:00 pm
User ImageUser Image

'So he understood the deeply significant and totally meaningful back-pat-of-instruction eh? This kid is a sharp one' He thought to himself as he knocked aside the last of the Five Great Masters. Spinning on his heel, he locked his sights on Koutetsu as he hopped through the air "Oi! Boy!" Oh, hey, that rhymed "You're not allowed to go home until you can hit me hard enough that It actually feels like a man's punch" At this, Karuto simply crossed his arms over his chest and stood still.

This oughta be funny.

duckmasta

Dexterous Prince

Business Tycoon

duckmasta rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

duckmasta

Dapper Businesswoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:44 pm

User Image
      Koutetsu sat unblinking, watching the fight with interest. Just as the spar seemed to be cooling down, Karuto turned to face him. Wait. Why is Karuto-Sensei looking at me like that? Suddenly he heard words that made him sweat drop. Muttering to himself, "Hit him hard, he says. Just trained with five masters at a level that's beyond me. Sure, Can do." Standing up from his position on top of the temple roof, He bowed to Karuto-Sensei. "On my way, Sensei!" He shouted as he ran along the edge and jumped off. Already about 10 feet in the air, He jumped thrice more, Gaining another 25 feet in the air. I've got to build up momentum if I'm going to hit him harder than a fly. He was thinking as he gained height, but swiftly realized just how high up he was and just how fast he was descending, I should have thought this through better. Angling himself, so his shoulder was targeted towards Karuto-Sensei, Koutetsu hoped this made impact or he was going to be taking a nice little nap.

Dexterous Prince

Relevant Details
Character Core
Body Rank: C

Class Disciplines
β–±β–°β–± Juggernaut: β†’ The user suffers no drawbacks of any kind when wearing very light and light armor at D-Rank, medium armor at C-Rank, heavy armor at B-Rank, and all other armors at A-Rank. They receive one free custom weapon or armor upon creation and gain a moderate boost to strength and fortitude. Additionally, they start with the following four techniques, rather than the six most ninja do: Bushi Ken no Jutsu [ Samurai Sabre Technique ], Shunshin no Jutsu [ Body Flicker Technique ], Kai [ Release ], and Kawarimi no Jutsu [ Substitution Technique ].

β–±β–°β–± Balanced Master: β†’ The user gains one extra bukijutsu style every other rank. The user also receives a moderate boost in two DR stats of the user choice. The user cannot double upon the same stat to receive a supreme boost with this discipline.
Personal Attributes
Equipment
Armor:
Quote:

Weapon:
Quote:

Chakra and Stamina
Chakra: 265/290
Stamina: 215/350
Jutsu used or Learned
Physical:
Used:
Quote:
Triple Jump
Description: An extension to Double Jump. By using this technique, the user gains the ability to jump again immediately after a Double Jump. Maximum number of additional jumps is one per learned rank of the Soft Physical Formless Style.

At B-rank
Quote:
Fall Breaker

D-rank
Quote:
Flying Tackle
Description: The user jumps off of the ground or some elevated structure, and angles his or herself toward their opponent, attacking with a flexed shoulder. Interrupts whatever the person is doing and knocks them down if no precautions are taken to guard against this attack. Can be used at any rank the user has trained to in the Soft Physical Formless Style; if the user is untrained therein, this technique can only be used at E- and D-Rank. Can be used in conjunction with Fall Breaker without consuming an extra activation.

Attempting to Learn/Use at B:FAILED
Quote:
Angled Dive
Description: The user will perfectly manipulate falling momentum to further increase their drop speed. A simple kick, punch, or tackle, is made lethal by this simple adjustment. Modifies any Taijutsu attack used in conjunction with it to be whatever rank this technique is used at. Does not consume an additional activation when used in conjunction with another technique.

Elemental:
Quote:

Mental:
Quote:
Descriptive Stats

β€’ Strength β–Ί 3
β†’β†’ Juggernaut
β€’ Speed β–Ί 3
β†’β†’ Balanced Master
β€’ Reflex β–Ί 3
β†’β†’ Balanced Master
β€’ Fortitude β–Ί 3
β†’β†’ Juggernaut
Mission Details
Mission:
Quote:
Spar: Start

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:49 pm
User ImageUser Image

Have you ever seen a bird hit a sliding glass door? If not, then watching Koutetsu bounce off Karuto would give you a pretty good indication of what it looks like. The boy went up too high and came down too quickly- he wasn't used to the movement and what could have been a powerful shoulder drive turned into little more than a controlled flailing fall. Karuto simply stood there, continued to cross his arms, and didn't even flinch as the boy bounced off his body. "Well" He said, clearing his throat "That was...bad" He then made a shooing motion "Go on, try again. Or, you know, just try and punch me like a normal person"

duckmasta

Dexterous Prince

Business Tycoon

duckmasta rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 1 Total: 4 (2-20)

duckmasta

Dapper Businesswoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:25 pm

User Image
      Wham! If there were ever a time that Koutetsu had considered shoulder bashing a brick wall, well, that seemed like right now. "Gah!" escaped his mouth as he bounced off the Raiken and rolled along the ground. That hurts like hell! Let's not do that again. He stood back up, before toppling over as he remembered he was still wearing his pack. Removing the straps from his shoulders, he tossed it to the side. Climbing to his feet, he shook it off. "Temper, temper," he muttered before replying, "Hai, sensei."

Taking off running towards his Sensei, Koutetsu aimed with hard right punch from about two feet away. Trying to captialize on the momentum from his forward movement, Koutetsu reached to grab Karuto about the waist and trip his leg to sweep him. Hopefully if all went well, Koutetsu would be on top, ready to strike again.

Dexterous Prince

Relevant Details
Character Core

Class Disciplines

Personal Attributes
Equipment
Armor:
Quote:

Weapon:
Quote:

Chakra and Stamina
Stamina: 140/350
Jutsu used or Learned
Physical:

Attempt to Learn/use: Success
Quote:
Hard Physical Formless: C

Fail
Quote:
Soft Physical Formless: C

Elemental:
Quote:

Mental:
Quote:
Descriptive Stats

β€’ Strength β–Ί 3
β†’β†’ Juggernaut
β€’ Speed β–Ί 3
β†’β†’ Balanced Master
β€’ Reflex β–Ί 3
β†’β†’ Balanced Master
β€’ Fortitude β–Ί 3
β†’β†’ Juggernaut
Mission Details
Mission:
Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:40 pm
User ImageUser Image

Karuto stood with his arms crossed and let the kid make his attacks. Instead of dodging it, or blocking it, Karuto let the fist connect with his chin as the boy's attempts to sweep his legs out from underneath him were met with failure. Karuto was simply too large and Tetsu's muscles too small. When the kid punched him it would be like hitting a statue- unyielding and unmoving. Karuto didn't even blink was the punch connected with his cheek "Hmph, nice try kid" Swift as a viper, Karuto struck out, bringing his massive palm down on top of the kids head- surely flattening him into the ground "But you can't out strength me. In a slugfest- I win every time. Think with your brain and use your brawn to execute"

(S Rank Speed- C Rank Power)

duckmasta

Dexterous Prince

Business Tycoon

duckmasta

Dapper Businesswoman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:20 pm

User Image
      Koutetsu hit the ground hard. He hadn't even seen that strike coming. Putting distance between himself and Karuto, he took the time to think, He's too fast and I can't seem to hit him with anything forceful enough to even cause him to budge. I have been aiming for harder targets... Wait, I'm just supposed to hit him hard, not necessary take him out. So what if I...

With that thought in mind, Koutetsu rushed towards his sensei. Feinting high with a punch, he ducked low and struck out aiming at the side of the knee with an inside side kick. Hopefully, if the attack hit the less protected area it would budge him enough to impress Karuto with his current growth.

Dexterous Prince
Will ask Mod to Clarify.

Relevant Details
Character Core

Class Disciplines

Personal Attributes
Equipment
Armor:
Quote:

Weapon:
Quote:

Chakra and Stamina
Stamina: 40/350
Jutsu used or Learned
Physical:
Used at C for a boost to Hard Physical
Quote:
Soft Mental: Stopping, kneeling, and performing focused, critical thinking for any number of posts will gift the user a boost to a single known Formless Style, for as many posts as the user focuses. The buff increases per post, starting at a slight boost on the first post, then moving to mildly on the second, then moderately, heavily, greatly, and finally supremely after 6 posts. Higher ranks of training in this Style increase maximum rank of the bonus by one, starting with a mild boost at D-Rank. Cannot stack with the Hard Mental style.

Used
Quote:
Hard Physical Formless: A: S-rank Strength

OR

Used
Quote:
Hard Physical Formless: C: B-rank Strength

Elemental:
Quote:

Mental:
Quote:
Descriptive Stats