Submit

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:17 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Asha was still in the Storm Born area she had already been warned that she should leave and she planned to she now knew the risk of having to battle for entry or being taken as a thrall. She doubted there was anyone strong enough right now to take her as a thrall though so she was walking along the border wondering what the cause of the curse was. She had no business caring about them except she still felt bad for the lions and other creatures within the borders of the Strom Born pride. Then again if she went in she would be at risk of their suffering as well. So, for now, Asha was walking the border and looking in curiously.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A shadow moved over the land, growing larger the closer he drew to the earth beneath. Wings spread wide, catching the air, gliding the final distance, large paws hitting the ground in silence. Well, at least he was silent, the song bird clinging to his mane and chirping indignantly was not so silent. And by 'not so silent', i mean annoyingly loud.

"Quiet, if you didn't want to fly so high should have gotten off before."

A paw raised to harmless swat at the bird, which earned another chip as his feathered 'friend' scurried to take perch in the god's antlers. Sigh, it seemed he was always picking up strays.

"If you're going to sit up there, keep an eye out."

His head raised, nose to the air, taking in the scent of the land around him, searching, examining all that was around him.

Midnightglow18

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:16 pm
Amon Larethian

Asha looked up at the sky feeling the area around her growing darker for some reason seeing the wide wingspan and hearing the birds. She didn't mind the birds being so loud since she loved trees it made her a little homesick. Asha's homeland had been in a boabo tree and she missed it often. Her recent attempt to revive her home had made her a little depressed and been the cause of her wandering in the first place. Asha had never seen a bird that big before in her life so she was rather stunned and curious about what the heck it was. In theory, she believed in gods but she had never seen one before.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:51 pm
Corellon rolled his eyes as the bird continued to chirp at him, protesting in words that only the god understood. Right, uh-uh, sure, right, he was barely paying attention, tuning out the chirps he by now far too accustomed to.

"Are you done?"

A final chirp, a hop, the bird decided it was indeed done complaining about whatever it was complaining about. Good, quiet at last, he could focus on the land and life around him. Really, as if he had nothing better to do with his time than listen to a bird complain. Well, he could not begrudge the bird too much, and in truth he did not object to his passenger.

chirp chirp.

"What is it now? Yes, I see them."

His gaze had settled on the lioness, his head turned, wondering who she was or where she was from and what had brought her here.

Midnightglow18

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:55 pm
Amon Larethian

Asha had no idea what she was looking at birds and lion with wings, she had heard stories of gods and thought that was what they were stories. Tales of how the trees grew and how the animals were protected. There was a lion who seemed to be talking to a bird. Asha blinked confusedly. She had no idea what to say. So she said the first thing that came to mind. "Hi." She said softly staring at his wings.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:34 pm
The god of nature was far larger than a mortal lion. He was tall, taller than he was broad, but with clear strength in is towering frame. His antlers made him seem even taller than he was, giving him the appearance of a great mythical stag. Or did he appear more like a bear? Broad and powerful? Or a wolf? Swift and agile? Or some combination of the three? From a distance it was difficult to tell.

"Hello, are you familiar with these lands?"

His head tilted as he gazed at her. She did not smell of the lands, perhaps she had not been here long, but that did not mean she was unfamiliar. It was also possible she was visiting, perhaps she had family or friends in the area?

Midnightglow18

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:08 am
Amon Larethian

Asha shrugged "I've never been in the actual pride land, but I did speak to a young cub who seemed to know a fair amount about the pride. Battle heavy, keeping thralls and currently under a curse." Asha looked at the being that was clearly not a normal lion. She couldn't stand there all day with her mouth hanging open like a cub seeing something for the first time. So she went into what she had discovered on her walk along the border. "Certainly not my sort of pride I grew up with the belief system of growing and learning. Like the trees in my homeland." She said in a sad tone. "I'm Asha by the way."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:29 pm
The god settled on his haunches, listening as the lioness spoke. There was little she said that concerned him, perhaps he should have phrased his question better. He was less interested in the pride itself or in its customs, but rather he was interested in the health of the land and its inhabitants. Unnatural events, the encroachment by creatures that did not belong, death before its natural time.

And yet, there was something in her words that was of interest, perhaps troubling. A curse? Hmmm, a curse could mean many things. It could mean the pride had simply fallen on hard times, as was the eventual course of nature, or it could have been something far more sinister.

"What sort of curse?"

His eyes narrowed thoughtfully, a sideways glance toward the bird perched in his antlers.

"Corellon. You are a long way from home then, Asha, what brings you to this place?"

Midnightglow18

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:27 pm
Amon Larethian

Asha shook her head "Not really sure the cub just said there was an illness in the pride, she didn't go into detail, it was rather strange I would have thought the elders and cubs would be the most at risk if that was the case." She shrugged her shoulders and then laughed "Unless I had been talking with a divine cub and hadn't realized it." She looked at Corellon "Oh sorry. Well, I don't have a home per say my pride fell apart a long time ago and everyone scattered after a fire and a number of deaths, I tried to gather the pride together again but failed." She said softly. "What of you Corellon with all your friends there I wouldn't expect this to be your place either."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:29 pm
"I see."

Most curious, it bore further investigation. He would have to speak to his avatar in this area. Curious though he was, for the moment his concern was minimal. The land had its own cycle of life and decay. It was likely this was part of that natural cycle. He had neither heard nor seen any indications of unnatural interference in this area. It did not seem a place poachers would approach.

His expression grew sad when she spoke of her home. A land and pride lost, whatever the cause, was always a tragedy.

"I am sorry to hear that, I hope you will find a new place to call home."

A soft smile returned, warmth in his gaze.

"I journey where I may be needed, and I have many friends to visit."

Midnightglow18

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:50 am
Amon Larethian

Asha nodded her head and then said: "Thank you I hope I will find a new home someday as well and I hope you enjoy your visit with your friends." With that, she said, "I guess this is goodbye then Corellon." She figured she would continue her walk or head back towards the rouge lands.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:45 pm
Corellon nodded, a parting gesture.

"I wish you well, Asha."

He watched a moment as she walked on. Then a glance toward the bird still perched in his antlers. The creature looked a bit ruffled, and was already making it's way back to the god's mane, as if it knew what was coming.

"Are you getting off? Alright, then no complaining."

His wings spread, a powerful beat, and it was in the air again. He had much more land to cover today, and scouts and avatars to check in with.

---end  

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas