Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[PRP] Mentee Becomes the Mentor (Pehmea x Eir)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:50 am
User Image
Once upon a time, the lions of the Myrsky Syntynyt believed every lion of the pride to be a natural-born warrior. Eventually, that belief faded and they realized that some simply weren't cut out for the stereotypical viking life, but that didn't reduce the stigma associated with not being a fighter. Pehmea was one such lion.

Although her brothers, Merker and Nidhoggr, had not yet risen in the ranks above Freeborn, she grew up thinking that anything but using her claws was a grave disappointment. Although her family was definitely atypical - her mother a Reaver obsessed with making mint treats for those around her, her uncle a well-respected Lawspeaker - it didn't alleviate the stigma she felt walking around the pride with eternally unused claws.

Now that she was an adult and getting much older, she realized it was fine to tackle her dream of becoming a Lawspeaker. It was a well-respected position if not historically atypical for females, and it was important - something she'd had drilled in her head as a cub thanks to uncle Stigtyr. Although she could have approached him about her desires (she'd had many chats with him about this as a youth), she hadn't seen him around in some time. Besides, there were female Lawspeakers that held her attention more in recent moons.

That was what Pehmea was up to now - padding about the pride in search of Eir, the most recent (albeit not "recent" at all) lioness to rise to the rank. She had seen the other lioness around before, and Pehmea always felt awe-struck by her presence - and not just because of her striking and beautiful coat. Not one with many friends, she was on her own in search of Eir, although she hoped to find her soon. She had put off this moment for fear of rejection for way too long.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:45 pm
User ImageEir rolled her eyes slightly and shook her head as she walked away from a dispute that she had helped to settle. Normally when things couldn't be fought out between two lions she was pretty good at coming up with peaceful ways to settle things. She had succeeded again this time but not without much posturing and a pompous attitude from the larger of the two males. Being nearly as large as him had thrown him off for starters as well as her level-headed conversation while he had snarled and stamped his paws in a rage, proclaiming at first that the compromise wasn't fair. But finally she had talked sense into him, eager to leave the male behind.

Some days it was tough being a Lawspeaker, but she wouldn't trade it for the world. Given her father's kind nature and her mother's chivalrous ways it only made sense that she would find more comfort in using her words to solve issues rather than her claws. Those that didn't fight could be looked down on here, but she felt that she commanded a decent amount of respect given her title.

As she walked she noticed a dark lioness following her and she turned, curious as to who it was. Her role within the pride made it vital to know most lions on sight - at the very least those that weren't Thralls - so after a moment she identified that it was Pehma who trailed her.

"It's a good day to die," she greeted once the other lioness was close enough to speak to her.

Ruler of Everything

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:22 pm
Pehmea didn't realize she'd been outright following her target until Eir turned around, and it instantly caused her face to flush (she was quite grateful, in that moment, for her dark fur). The lioness repeated the typical Stormborn greeting, dipping her head in deference. "I am Pehmea, daughter of Dagny, and I, ah..." her eyes glinted as a soft smile spread across her maw. "I was wondering if you were open to taking an apprentice."

There was no use in beating around the bush - particularly with Lawspeakers, who tended to speak with such purpose. It was still a skill she needed to learn - and master - but she figured that was a part of the learning that she had to do. That was, if Eir was kind enough (or found it an ingrained enough part of her role) to mentor her. "I know you must be unbelievably busy - especially with the pride's expansion this season - but claiming the title of Lawspeaker has been my dream since I was a young cub. As such, I..." she hesitated, ruminating on her words, "Appreciate the consideration." Pehmea smiled again, albeit sheepishly this time.

Pehmea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:14 pm
Eir quirked a dark brow as Pehmea spoke, waiting for her to say what she wanted. Help, perhaps, or advice. But she was wrong on both accounts and was both surprised and pleased to hear her request. She could remember seeking out her own mentor in her youth and the excitement that came with the affirmative answer.

"I have been busy," she agreed as the dark lioness finished. "But that's a good reason for you to request to become a Lawspeaker. The pride is ever growing and with it its problems as well. We could use more level-headed lions around here. The gods know the majority of them are muscle-headed fluff-brained trophy-driven children." A fond snort followed her description of the majority of her pride mates. Even though she found them tiresome at times she did care for her home and its inhabitants.

"I accept your request, Pehmea of Dagny. All I ask is that you put your best paw forward. Being a Lawspeaker requires qualities that can't be taught, like patience, justice, and a sense of fairness. So long as you posses these I can show you everything else you need to learn."

Ruler of Everything
Sorry for the delay!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:30 pm
When Eir noted that she had been busy, Pehmea nodded attentively. It didn't bode well for her request for even more of the lionesses time, but of course she had to respect the sheer amount of work that Eir put into maintaining the pride. Pehmea quirked a smile at Eir's description of the rest of the pride - it certainly held true, even for those she held dearest - but perhaps that was why the pride worked so well the way it did.

Eir finished up and Pehmea could feel herself beaming and nodding along enthusiastically. She had put off this moment for so long, but she still couldn't believe the payoff was finally arriving. True, there would be much work to put into her role as apprentice and the actual payoff (ascending to the rank of Lawspeaker) was still many moons off, but that didn't put a damper to the lioness' feeling of accomplishment one bit.

"I appreciate you being willing to take on this monumental task," Pehmea finally spoke. "I have been patient enough to wait this moment out my entire life, although I am glad for it to finally come to fruition. I truly believe in justice and fairness - two qualities that can be determined without the use of one's claws, but instead by use of one's mind and carefully chosen words." She ducked her head, sheepishly in reverence to the other. "I will not let you down."

SilverLutz
Yikes, same!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:53 pm
Eir listened as Pehmea spoke and just from the earnestness and joy in her voice she knew she'd be a good match for the role. She had a lot to learn, of course, but half the battle was being born with the qualities that valued working problems out with words rather than claws. If you had those you were well on your way.

"Wait no more," she said with a rare smile. She could remember being accepted as an apprentice as well and the memory warmed her heart. Being a Lawspeaker was no glamorous task and you had to be able to talk down two highly-strung lions that would rather bite each other's heads off than talk it out.

"I must ask you though. Are you prepared for the headaches, the stress, the pressure of being one of the few Lawspeakers within the Stormborn? All of this and more comes with the title. You are looked to for not just rulings on disputes, but history as well. It's a difficult job and there are but a pawful of us to do it."

Ruler of Everything

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:51 am
When Eir smiled at her, Pehmea could feel her heart bursting inside her chest. She had not imagined this moment to go so well, but she knew it was a combination of patience and luck that led her here, allowing this moment to come to fruition. She didn’t imagine Lawspeakers had much of a reason to smile often, so this felt all the more special because of that.

At the Lawspeaker’s question, Pehmea nodded softly. “I believe, with your guidance, that I will be more than prepared when the time comes for me to step into the role. It is a lot of pressure being the arbiter of disputes and the keeper of our history, but I will absolutely do what it takes to do well.” Her eyes sparkled as she gazed at Eir, feeling the fire in her heart burning brighter than ever. This apprenticeship would undoubtedly be the most difficult challenge she faced in her life, but she knew that this was where she was meant to be.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:15 pm
Eir kept an eye on her new charge as Pehmea replied, looking for any wavering doubt on her face. She found nothing but honesty and eagerness which was what she was hoping for, as this job was anything but thankful. Arguments and disputes that couldn't be settled by battles were generally long feuds, occasionally between whole families, and were as much of a headache for them as they were for the lions helping.

"I'll let you back out later should you find it too daunting, but I think you'll pull through. I did, anyway," she said with a little nod. "You have a lot to learn but thankfully much of it is simple intuition if you have the proper mind. Lots of Lawspeakers are taught, but there are a few of us that are born."

Ruler of Everything

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:08 am
Although talking about the reality of being a Lawspeaker was daunting, Pehmea knew in her heart that Eir was right - it would be a challenge (and rightfully so), but she would pull through. Those who were meant to hold the position would prevail. Being a part of the Stormborn, Pehmea wasn't the religious type, but a part of her was positive the gods were ushering her in this direction. It only made sense.

Pehmea dipped her head in acknowledgement of the lioness' kindness, understanding that there was always a way out if the path proved to be too difficult for her. Fortunately, she didn't think that would be a problem. "Thank you, Eir. Your faith in me and my mind means the world - I won't let you down." She smiled at the note that Lawspeakers can be born. It is what she truly believed about her own coming into this world; from a very young age Pehmea knew she did not want to use her claws to fight, but instead she was to use her mind to keep peace and sanctity within the pride. It only made sense.

"I know not the specifics of what this apprenticeship will entail, but I've been looking forward to this moment my whole life. I can only hope I prove worthy of your time and mentorship." She smiled a big smile, letting loose some of the tension that had been built up in her body. Both her mind and her body relaxed, realizing with excitement that the hard part had only just begun.

SilverLutz
Sorry for the belatedness! :3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:59 pm
Eir thought back to when she had asked one of the Lawspeakers to study under them and her own excitement at finally fulfilling her dream, and she could see it on Pehmea's face as well. This was the start of a new life for her, one that would bring her joy and satisfaction as well as headaches and worry. It was a very different life from what most Stormborn sought, but they helped the pride along in their own special way.

"Then let's begin now. I'll tell you exactly what it is that will be expected of you," she said, nodding her head in the direction of her den. They could speak for a while to make sure Pehmea didn't have any questions about what apprenticing entailed and they could both get off on the right paw.

"Follow me," she added, turning to head off towards her den. There was no time like the present, after all!

Ruler of Everything
And that's a wrap!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items