Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:31 am
Heras Box

The house that he'd found to rent for an undetermined amount of time was a part of the village of Baun. It was a nice place, had a trio of bedrooms, a bathing area, and an otherwise open to the world floor plan meaning that they could look out over the ocean when they weren't in the few closed off room. It was a place that he felt his family would be comfortable in during the duration of their stay in Matori. The house was in the same village that Mano lived in as well though Bushi had made sure to put at least some distance between the two places, not wanting that one underfoot at all times.

After doing a once over of the place, making sure that there wasn't anything wrong with it, he returned to Phaedra's side, "Alright, Sprite. Everything looks good." He said, glancing around for their oldest two but it seemed as though they'd already left the house and headed for the beach allowing their parents a bit of alone time. Or at least as alone as they could be given that Phaedra was carrying at the moment.

Giving a smile he asked, "Do you need to sit down? Do you need anything to eat or drink? Just let me know." They had been through the whole pregnancy thing before but that didn't stop him from fretting over her all over again. It was just something he was unable to not do since he did worry over his wife. A lot.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:49 am
Orpheus Solon

She waited for Bushi to come back to her, mostly because waddling around after him would be a waste of time if he decided he didn't like the place. Phaedra took a deep breath and let it out slowly as she drew one hand across her belly. She looked every bit as large as she had when she was carrying the twins so Phae assumed there might again be two new additions. Not that she minded. She only wished the little one would take it's foot out of her rib.

Once Bushi was at her side again she took hold of him with her free hand and leaned against him without risking falling over. "Hm? No Bear, you asked ten minutes ago and nothing has changed." The leaf woman chuckled and shook her head. "You would think you've not gone through this before." She found it to be cute that he worried so much. "Is this place alright? Close enough for work?" Phaedra had long since gotten over the secret he'd hid and now that she was aware of it and accepted it she made sure to help in any way she could. Or was allowed to. Heck, she had even started to send desserts to Hestian when she knew her husband was going to see him. Though she had to wonder if they ever reached the man.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:42 am
Heras Box

"That was also a while ago. As such I can't help but to worry all over again." Bushi told her, hovering a bit closer to her, making sure that everything seemed to be alright. So long as she said that she was alright he would believe her but it didn't mean that he wouldn't still hover a bit, wanting nothing more then to keep her happy and relaxed when she was in such a condition.

Giving a nod of his head he said, "I think it will work well. It helps that Aatos is from this area so he will be able to continue doing his normal job which was carrying things around for Bushi. He gave a smile and said, "I am mostly working on establishing some connections within the area when it comes to that particular line of work though I will also being doing a lot of trading as well. You have no idea how much the ladies of Oba love anything that is made with pearls or coral."

After a moment he gave a humming sound and asked, "Is that something you'd be interested in? Or would you rather I trade for other things for you?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:04 am
Orpheus Solon

She gave a small hrumph as he said he couldn't help but worry again. Phaedra wanted to tell him that he worried even when she wasn't carrying but decided to keep quiet on that. He might try to change the way he acted and she wouldn't like that. Her Bear was perfect the way he was.

Knowing that he was mostly doing less dangerous work made her nod her head at him. "Well that's good, because I love the view." She turned her gaze to the rolling waves and couldn't help the smile that formed on her lips. The mention of Oban women loving pearls and coral made her snort in agreement. They certainly loved their baubles; that was for sure. At being asked if it was something she was interested in she started to shake her head but stopped. Giving a thoughtful look she finally turned toward him. "I'm not into fancy jewelry, most of what I have is what I wear, but a simple string of pearls would be very beautiful. I'm sure Shura would love some too." Their daughter was into pretty things.

"Of course.. a basket of herbs is more romantic and certainly more useful." Phae grinned at him.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:25 am
Heras Box

Bushi had to admit that he was a bit surprised that she showed interest in a string of pearls, simple or not. He'd offered her jewelry in the past but she hadn't been too interested... though it could be because it was more fancy then what she might like? Knowing that she would something like that though he made a mental note to see to it that she got it. Along with the basket of herbs that she mentioned as well since he knew that he'd benefit from that sort of gift as well.

"I will see about getting those for you then while I am making trades. If I see something that Shura and Dovian might like I will get that for them as well." For Dovian he was thinking the sort of stuff that would be useful to a blacksmith in training.

Giving a smile he said, "I'm sure that if I find the right people to trade with that we can get all sorts of interesting things both for the customers back in Oba and for the family." As he glanced down at Phaedra's belly he added, "As well as things for the baby in case it decides to come while we are still in Matori." Which was a definite possibility, one that he didn't think that Phaedra minded since she was alright in coming here despite the timing.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:38 am
Orpheus Solon

Despite Dovian being the gentle baby of the family Phae honestly wasn't even sure what the boy was into. All he did was work and make things for the family. Somewhat like his father. Phaedra did worry that he was neglecting himself. When her pointed ears caught wind of the "if" that Bushi voiced she couldn't help but laugh. "Oh sweet Bear, I can say that this little one will most definitely be born here in Matori." Phaedra had suffered the back pain and swollen feet all across Oba and she was not going to make that trek again until after the baby was born. "Crossing Oba again like this will kill me." Phae huffed and looked down at her belly.

"I don't imagine you enjoyed it either with all that kicking and rolling you did." Her hand made another pass over her swollen stomach. "We can blame your Uncles Mano and Kyrian for living so far away. Oh, and Daddy." Phaedra nodded her head before looking at Bushi with a smirk.

"So what are we doing first? Shopping? Trading?" It was as though she had plans to go along with him while he worked.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:53 am
Heras Box

Going a bit wide eyed he said, "Well, best that we don't go back to Oba any time soon then, not until you're fully recovered at the very least." He'd rather not run the risk even if it was a joke or over exaggeration of sorts. Best that he was careful with any sort of traveling here on out since he didn't want Phaedra to do anything that might be too stressful for her.

"Yes, but be sure to blame your uncles more then you blame me." Bushi said to Phaedra's belly and the little one therein. Lifting his gaze he starred at Phaedra, then gave a bit of a laugh, "Well, I was thinking that I would go and do some trading and you would stay here with the twins, relaxing and enjoying the beach. If anything happens you can send one of them to come and get me."

He loved his Sprite very much but he didn't think that she needed to be trying to follow him around doing trading in her condition. It was adorable that she wanted to come along and help him out though.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:10 am
Orpheus Solon

Seeing him go wide eyed made her laugh at him, having to hold her belly then with both hands since it moved with the action. "I didn't mean literally, Bear."

The babe within moved then, kicking and squirming since it's mother had disturbed it. "Oh.." Phaedra took a slow breath. "I woke the baby." There was a small apologetic smile.

Once he said that he expected her to stay home she seemed to deflate a little. "I will go mad with boredom. Between you and the twins I can hardly do anything." If her husband wasn't doing things for her then her children were. It was sweet at first but now it was just driving her mad. Phaedra was getting bored with just sitting around. "I'll sit on the turtle if I have to." She made a face that begged to be let to tag along.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:17 am
Heras Box

Bushi gave a happy sound, leaning over so that he could lay a hand gently on her stomach, feeling the baby as they moved around. It was something that made him smile a bit before he turned his attention to Phaedra, "We can't have you doing too much in the way of running around, Sprite. I don't want you to exhaust yourself."

He thought on her offer though, giving a humming sound, before he said, "That could work. Aatos seems to like carrying people around even more then he does his various packs." He seemed to be thinking on it, in debate over whether or not he felt that his wife was up for the travel. After a moment he said, "Well, if we do go we will have to warn the twins so they know that we are going to be out for a bit. Do you think they will be alright on their own though? I could leave Profit with them since she is quite protective of the two." And would likely be just as protective of the new baby as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:59 am
Orpheus Solon

When it seemed like there was hope that she would be able to go and do something she lit up. "See, I can keep Aatos company." And not be stuck at their new place.

After thinking a moment she nodded her head. "I would leave Profit with them. Don't need them getting into trouble in Matori already." It would be just what they needed, to have something happen to one of the twins while she was in this condition. Phae wouldn't be able to go after anyone if that happened. Not unless Bushi wanted to bring the person to her. Not something she saw happening since he would likely refuse to let anyone near her while she was carrying. "Can we get a vicious guard beast for them? Or I can send word to Mano. He'll make sure no one bothers the twins." Of course he would likely flirt with anyone trying to get close to her children but at least they would be distracted.

"I may have to bring a snack along though. The baby seems to be hungry now that I've woken them." To prove a point her stomach made a loud sound that was followed by a foot sticking out.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:45 am
Heras Box

"And he can make sure that you don't overwork yourself." Not something that he would allow since she was his precious Sprite. As she agreed with leaving Profit with the twins she mentioned them getting in trouble in Matori already and he said, "I think that it will be alright so long as no girls show up trying to hit on Dovian already." Something that had him glancing from side to side, up and down the beach. He didn't see anyone else so things should be fine, right? He hoped so at least.

Turning back to his Sprite he said, "I'm sure we could find something for them. They do have snaptrotters in Matori for example. Those might make good guardian beasts and they do have a lot of teeth as well." At the mention of sending word to Mano he said, "I... don't know about that. Even if he did chase off anyone that gets near the twins what stops him from flirting with them too?" Flirting with them and then getting punched by Shura which would start that whole 'getting in trouble in Matori' thing.

"I think they should be alright." He mused, then glanced over at her, chuckling as she mentioned being hungry, not that long after she said she was fine. Giving a smile he said, "We can load up on snacks before we head out for sure. For all three of us." For Phaedra, the baby, and himself since he was a fan of snacks.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:57 pm
Orpheus Solon

Overwork herself!? Phaedra wasn't sure how she was going to do that. As she noticed Bushi laugh at her she narrowed her eyes suspiciously at him. "Don't even say it.." The woman had a feeling her husband was making a point toward her not being able to make up her mind. Then again with the mood swings and things like that she was lucky if food didn't make her cry.

"Mm, should I make something?" It would give her something to do and surely he couldn't fret over that. Phaedra was a whiz when it came to cooking. "What would you like?" Whatever it was he wanted she was sure to like, after all, the baby gave her strange cravings. Smoked squid was sounding more and more delicious as she heard the crashing waves nearby, but she wasn't about to go hunt one down. "This little one seems to want something from the sea."  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:11 pm
Heras Box

Bushi gave a bit of a grin as his wife set about threatening him if he continued with his teasing on the subject of food. He gave a nod and finally said, "Of course, Sprite, my lips are sealed on that particular subject." He tapped his index finger against his closed lips to assure her that he would behave and not tease her too much as far as that went.

"Should you make something? I wouldn't want to ask that of you. Especially when we can buy something when we go deeper into town. It would mean a lot less work on your part." He said, then nodded as she mentioned wanting something from the sea, "That should be easy to do, this is a fishing village and know for its shellfish. I'm sure we can find you all manner of tasty ocean dwelling snacks." He was glad that what she wanted was something that was plentiful in Matori or else they might be in trouble.

Holding out his arms to her he asked, "Shall I carry you to where Aatos is waiting before I let the twins know what is going on?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:52 pm
Orpheus Solon

"Mm hmm." She rolled her eyes at him. Phaedra heard her stomach speak out again and gave a groan. "The baby is going to come out growling thinking that's how to talk." The idea was both funny but scary at the same time. It worried her.

"Buy something...? But.. You always said you preferred to eat my cooking.." The brunette frowned and looked toward the kitchen area of the house they would be staying in. It would be such a waste to let it go untouched. Phae didn't trust her kids to make anything other than a simple cut fruit. Bushi could cook but he didn't know how to blend the spices and herbs the way she did. "I still know how to cook."

Tears gathered in her eyes at the thought that maybe her weird pregnant tastes had made the food she made taste bad to her husband. Did she need to be concerned that she no longer was able to fix a delicious dinner? "Did I make something you didn't like?" What if the kids had complained? Or worse! What if Profit didn't even eat it!?  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:59 pm
Heras Box

"Your cooking is the best, much better then anything that I've had anywhere from here to Sauti. I just figured that since we would be in the marketplace doing some trading anyway that we would be able to find something for you to eat that came out of the ocean. Unless you want to have snacks now and we can cook whatever sea creatures we trade for when we get back?" He thought on that option, wondering which would be better for them. She said that she could still cook but that didn't mean that he didn't want to give her an out to take a break if she wanted one.

Turning to look over at his suddenly teary wife he blinked a couple times then shook his head, lifting his hands up in a show of surrender, "Of course not, Sprite! I just didn't want to give you a bunch of extra work when you're hungry now."  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff