[SRP] Fault [Zerrin x Bast'ion]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:49 pm
The family was growing in a big way and Zerrin was doing his best to play parent while Bast'ion went out and did what ever the hell it was he wanted. One thrall showed up and then a second and who knew who else. Bast'ions first litter was now fully grown only to start rearing up his daughters sons. Zerrin was more experienced in cub raising than probably most of the females in the pride by now and that wasn't something the fallen king was pleased about. They'd come here with Midas to heal and instead the three of them, or really just Zerrin, was in charge of the dens.

There were a lot of pleasant memories had as well, don't get Zerrin wrong, but the weight of the family fell entirely on him. However the one silver lining was that Zerrin was so busy playing single parent that he was unable to focus on the wrongs of the past. It was healing despite being on the annoying side.

Bast'ion had come back from yet another viking trip and Zerrin aimed to catch him up on the going ons around the den. He had just finished his rounds of sorting out the dens and was headed out towards the beach cliffs now to go find the kirin lion.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:53 pm
Bast'ion had found a quiet spot on the cliffs where he could disappear for a little while. Yes, he loved his family. Bast'ion wanted even more family. But, the Kirin lion was not good at being around for a long period of time. He was constantly on the run from his memories and his hurt and his anger. There was so much pain and Bast'ion would not be facing those demons any time soon.

He sat there and looked out at the ocean. For once, the sky was pretty clear allowing for a beautiful view of the sun as it lowered down. The light brightly danced on the choppy waves below allowing the water to glitter brilliantly. What a vision. It was not wasted on the kirin lion.

Peaceful.

Approaching paw steps had Bast'ion lifting his head to find a familiar gold and white lion approaching. Zerrin. He knew that coat color even from a distance as he'd yet to run in to a lion as pretty as Zerrin with in the pride.

"What do you want." He was blunt.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:58 pm
Zerrin did not pause or stop his padding towards the kirin lion with his inquiry. Zerrin was well used to the way that Bast'ion was with his bluntness. He knew that Bast'ion seemed intense and scary but Zerrin knew the truth about the kirin lion. The two had first met when Bast'ion was a creature of light before his corruption had spread to his heart sending him in to a downfall that landed the two here in the heart of the stormborn. Zerrin was grateful for the shelter and safety of the pride but he was sure this was the wrong environment for Bast'ion and him self. It was too late now though as Bast'ion was setting down deep roots.

Zerrin stopped and took a seat beside Bast'ion.

"Nothing." His mouth twitched in to a smile, "Merely checking on you. You've not been around long enough to get one on one time lately."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:00 pm
"Well that is something. Isn't it." Bast'ion was blunt once again. He didn't mean to have such a blunt tone with Zerrin but he was tired and he didn't want to be around Zerrin right now. Truth was that Bast'ion didn't want to be reminded about things in the past and while Bast'ion would never say it, Zerrin was a walking reminder of just that. The past.

"So. What is it that you really want. Don't be coy with me. It's always aggravating when you're coy. Just get to the point. What do you want Zerrin," He grumbled.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:05 pm
Bast'ion was good about seeing through Zerrins bullshit. The gold lion was trying to be polite and not be confrontational but if that was how Bast'ion preferred it these days that was fine by him.

"You've changed a lot." He managed to have the most regal edges to his voice. His voice was a shadow of its former glory but Zerrin managed to at least get a bit of that regal back.

"You once bowed to me and claimed that I was fit to lead. I feel even more with each passing day that this is my fault. That this is only going to get worse." Zerrin looked long and hard at Bast'ion, "I wonder if that Saiho is still with in your soul or if you've killed that side to you."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:08 pm
"Stop." There was a warning in a growl that followed. "Do not talk about that with me right now. I am in no mood Zerrin. I do not want to hear it and I do not want to relive the past. I've moved on and you should to. You're a shadow of the lion I bowed to and you say I've gotten worse but look at your self!"

Bast'ion got up on all fours and took a very defensive stance, "I will not stay here long if you are going to bring that s**t up." His tail flicked angrily from side to side.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:12 pm
"Okay." Zerrin backed down. He should have known better as the two had this conversation from time to time and it never ended well. Bast'ion out right refused to talk about anything since they'd set up camp with in the stormborn. He was completely changed and Zerrin only wanted to help but at the core Bast'ion was right. Zerrin had not acted like the king that was promised but instead crumbled in to him self and was not emotionally there when Bast'ion was the one who needed to heal.

"Some times I fear its too late," Was added with a sigh, "Im going to stop. I merely ... I don't know."

The wind blew and whistled during the uncomfortable silence.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:14 pm
Bast'ion was still quite annoyed but he managed to bring him self enough to take a seat. His tail twitched from time to time indicating he was annoyed but he managed to keep that annoyance out of his tone.

"Good. We're done with that." He looked off to the horizon in a serious fashion. "The suns going down. I wanted to watch it for a bit. You're welcome to stay if you like." That was probably the most Zerrin could hope to get out of Bast'ion for the time being.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:17 pm
"Oh.. well okay." It was a little disappointing not to have the conversation but Zerrin would settle for some awkward silence and watching the sun for a bit. That was good enough for now. One day he hoped that Bast'ion would be healed enough to want to talk about the past. Today was not that day and it was likely not going to be any time soon. Not to mention that Zerrin him self carried a heavy emotional scar from the experience but he'd keep that to him self.

"It is quite pretty."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:20 pm
It was good for Bast'ion that Zerrin was willing to save the conversation for later because he really was not ready to talk about it. Sitting here with the golden lion was good enough for him for now. They could let the wounds fester a little longer now.

If Bast'ion ever came across that purple lioness again she was going to have a worse punishment. Bast'ion would make her his thrall but she would not be treated well. She was dirt and she was the reason he and Zerrin were having this unhealthy relationship right now. Zerrin was a good noble king and he was a faithful kirin but those days were over now. Corruption had begun to spoil his heart and Bast'ion could not find the energy to care.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces