Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Hunting Up A Storm (Poe & Bronach)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:02 pm
User Image

Poe was stalking a rabbit, a very plump, juicy looking rabbit. This one had somehow managed to live a while, he could tell, and he was looking forward to the snack. He almost wished that he could share the catch with someone, but his bird companion was off roosting somewhere on their downtime, and he didn't have the heart to disturb him.

At least... that was going to be his excuse. He said that he almost wished he could share it, not that he did.

Crouched low, the black male wiggled his hindquarters before taking off in a sprint. Rabbits were fast, but cheetahs were faster. With a swift leap, he dove through the air and snagged the rodent between his teeth.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:24 pm
MangoMeow

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Bronach watched from the shadows of a tree as a cheetah killed a rabbit, he did not move to take their kill from them he was perfectly comfortable in his spot in the tree. He yawned his jaw going wide. He was not worried about the cheetah knowing he was there or not. Bronach was comfortable in his strength that he could handle whatever he might need to face. He did not fear lions, cheetahs or other leopards. His lack of fear was perhaps foolish but that was just who he was. He was comfortable in his pelt and his skills.

He watched on quietly to see if the cheetah managed the kill, then again a cheetah who couldn't beat a rabbit was a sad creature indeed and might as well hang up their cheetah pelt for retirement. Pretty much any creature should be able to catch a rabbit really. If they couldn't they had issues unless you were a cub or pup. He didn't know any cubs or pups so he wasn't sure what skill they had in hunting. He figured at such a young age it was alright if they couldn't hunt yet since they had parents to care for them.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:15 pm
Poe lifted his head triumphantly, his prey dangling from his mouth, and puffed his chest out pridefully. Oh yeah, he was good. Now to find somewhere to eat his meal. Clouds were forming in the sky too, so some shelter would be preferable. Who knew if rain would follow soon.

As the black cheetah turned his gaze around, he spotted a nice, shady tree to lounge beneath. Perfect! White-dipped paws trotted over to it, completely ignorant to the form next to said tree, until he was only a few paw-steps away.

Freezing up as if he were shot by lightning, Poe eyed the leopard up and down. He wasn't too sure what he thought about the large feline being here. Had he ventured outside his pride's lands? He didn't think so, but he also... wasn't terribly keen on challenging this newcomer. So he was going to pretend that he had wandered along the borders.

Swishing his tail behind him, he mumbled around his kill, "That's quite the good hiding spot you've got there."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:32 am
MangoMeow

Bronach nodded his head "I like the shadows and hiding and what is it you like doing?" He asked in an interested tone. He looked again at the rabbit that the cheetah had caught for their meal. "Besides eating your meal I suppose." He said nodding towards the food. He wasn't sure what he himself wanted out of life he had other things he should be doing but he felt tired and lazy he yawned. He could do other things later or let others do what needed to be done till he was hungry enough to seek out what he wanted for himself.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:34 pm
Poe eyed the leopard for a moment longer, before deciding that he didn't seem all that keen in picking a fight or anything else untoward. Continuing on his path, the cheetah plopped his kill down in a shady part of the tree and then flopped down beside it.

He considered the other's words, and then shrugged. "Well, the obvious answer would be running." He grinned, " I am a cheetah, after all, but..." he hummed thoughtfully, "... I do rather enjoy feeling the wind on my fur and the sun on my back. Perhaps that is also a result of my species." He also liked chasing tail, but that was neither here nor there.

He tapped a claw against the ground with a glance back at the leopard, "So what brings you around these parts, stranger?"

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:25 pm
MangoMeow

Broanch nodded his head at the cheetah before him, "I'm Bronach and as to what I am doing, I am just traveling I go where I wish when I wish." He had never been part of a group before and didn't plan to join once anytime soon. He was a stranger to the cheetah so he didn't mind the stranger comment since it was true unless the creature before him was trying to get his name out of him.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:35 am
Poe raised an eyebrow at him. Ah, to have the freedom to run where you'd like, but then, Poe rather enjoyed the safety in numbers that came with being part of a pride. It helped that his own allowed him to wander as he felt, though he often never went too far past their borders anyway. What reason did he have to leave?

But he could see the appeal of living as a rogue too, alongside the dangers.

Ear flicking, he nodded and opted to introduce himself as well. "Name's Poe. I'm part of the cheetah coalition nearby." And then he paused to reach down and take a bite of his food.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:15 am
MangoMeow

Broanch nodded a greeting "Good to meet you." He stood up he would be moving on soon. He didn't like staying in one place too long. He also was not a fan of large groups. So he was more likely to keep to himself then join a pride or coalition. "Well I will be moving on soon." He said his tone clam.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:27 am
Poe just flicked an ear in acknowledgement, more interested in his meal now that the other had shown that they weren't interested in causing trouble. Not that he wasn't still a little bit wary of Bronach, but he was pretty sure by their conversation that he wouldn't cause any harm.

As he swallowed down the bit of meat in his mouth, the cheetah finally nodded and turned to glance at the leopard with a crooked grin. "Safe travels then, and may those shadows you love bring you good hiding spots."

He glanced up briefly, "Best find a good bit of shelter soon too. It looks like a storm is coming." Poe would probably head back home soon as well, but he wanted to finish his food first.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:35 pm
MangoMeow

Broanch nodded once more before taking his leave. He would hed Poe's warning and seek shelter and he was confident the shadows would serve him well. They always did. The day they didn't was the day Broanch would be dead and there would be nothing more to worry over. He would continue on his path and seek whatever it was he wished since he had the freedom to do so. Perhaps someday there would be something to change his mind but the life Poe had wasn't for him.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100