[PRP] The Edge

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:53 pm
Bembe was not the type to venture out on her own. It was always he best friend, Kauta, instigating the adventures and she, nervous to do something out of her comfort zone but glad that another was taking the lead, would tag along. It had always been like that. Kauta had a seize the day, what could go wrong, let's do it kind of attitude. Bembe had always been more of a sit back, let someone suss out whether something was dangerous or not, wouldn't it be easier to stay back kind of gal. Still, the two had meshed and some of Kauta's adventurous tendencies had been rubbing off on the white and purple lioness.

When she'd awoken that morning, she hadn't looked around for her friend. Instead, she'd thought to herself, I will venture to the borders myself. Bembe had never gone out that far lone before. It wasn't even that big of a deal to others. There was nearly always someone patrolling near by, but the thought of being on the cusp, the edge of the Pridelands, was enough to make Bembe never go alone.

But not today.

She'd rose from the den and ventured out, curious, nervous, but none the less drawn.

Her white paws brought her all the way to the invisible line she'd been taught as a cub was the edge of their pridal lands. It wasn't so scary, she thought, and it stretched on and on, and it didn't even look different from the grasslands she'd just passed through.

Black eyes scanned the horizon, wondering what might be out there.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:22 pm
Vesale

Itri had been wandering far and wide he hadn't been staying in one place too long, he had traveled for many weeks going on rumors and stories he had heard from lions he had met on his way. He was searching for a new home. He had considered building his own pride in the rainforest, but when he heard a tale of a pride in the grasslands that already formed that held the ideals he sought he picked up his paws once again and started his journey. Itri still needed something that would make him feel like he was an adult and perhaps the answer was this pride.

Once he finally arrived at the border he laid down and looked across and wondered what it would be like, what would the lions and other creatures be like. Was it true that they welcomed all races as long as everyone helped the pride? He hoped it was true it would break his gentle heart if it turned out to be a lie. His white fur was a little dirty after his long journey but it was still clear that Itri was white with purple and blue markings, strange perhaps but he hoped it was alright, he always thought it was.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:49 pm
Midnightglow18

Bembe didn't notice the lion at first, there was so much to survey that it was easy to miss something. Her black eyes swept back across the land and fell upon the approaching male.

It immediately made her tense. She hadn't actually expected to come across another out here. Of course newcomers ventured to the pride all the time, but what if he wasn't here to discover the lands. Bembe wasn't sure what to do. Stay, or leave?

She looked around but it seemed there were none of the border patrol nearby. Bembe wondered what Kauta would do. She shook her head immediately after she asked herself that question. Of course she'd know what her friend would do. She'd bound over and great him on the spot.

Bembe would do the same. Well, as best she could.

"Hello," she called out, a slight shake in her voice. It was no bounding over to the approaching male, but it was something.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:31 am
Vesale

Itri's purple eyes landed on the female lioness, she was lovely and he was a mess from his travels and felt a bit foolish looking such a mess as she looked so clean and pretty.

He bowed his head to her and moved slowly in a calm manner. At her greeting, Itri smiled and said "Hello, I am Itri, I have traveled far hoping to find a pride I heard of, I wonder if I'm at the right place?"

He wasn't really sure on the name the stories weren't clear on the name just the vague direction. "I seek a pride that accepts all as long as they are willing to support the group and its welfare?"

He was tired and very much hoped he was in the right place. The idea of turning away to seek another pride did not appeal to him at the moment.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:31 pm
Midnightglow18

Bembe was relieved he seemed friendly. In the back of her mind she scolded herself for thinking otherwise, what harm or threat could one lion possibly pose? She noticed he was looking a bit rough around the edges but was not phased. If he was a traveller, she reasoned he was bound to look a little more haggard after trekking a long distance. She wondered how far he had come to be here.

She gave a reserved smile in return. She wasn't as forward as her friend. Bembe took a while to warm up to anyone.

"Welcome," she said simply.

She listened to his little spiel. It certainly sounded like the Pridelands.

"I think you've found the right place," she nodded. "This is the Pridelands."

Realising she'd not introduced herself, she muttered a hurried "I'm Bembe," before glancing down, a little bit embarrassed.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:52 pm
Vesale

Itri smiled gently and stayed laying down catching his breath and just relaxing for the time being. "Thank you." He said in a friendly tone. She didn't seem very forward, but at least she wasn't hostile and distrustful like the last lioness he had met. Itri got up when Bembe introduced herself and he moved towards her keeping a respectful distance between them. "I am Itri, nice to meet you Bembe. So how do you feel about your homeland? What is your pride like?"  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:29 pm
Midnightglow18

Itri, at least, seemed polite, she decided.

When he rose, she unconsciously shifted backwards immediately. Bembe realised her mistake instantly and dropped her head, embarrassed.

"I'm sorry, I don't come across strangers very often..." she said, her voice trailing off, hoping that would be enough of an explanation for her behaviour.

She didn't answer his questions right away. She didn't really know what she thought. It's not really a question she'd every been asked. It was all she knew.

"I cannot think of anywhere else I would be," she spoke after a few moments.

"It is home," she said simply, for it was. It had everything she needed, and she wouldn't change that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:49 pm
Vesale

Itri smiled gently and didn't move letting Bembe calm down a moment before he said anything or did anything, she was skittish there was nothing wrong with that. "Don't worry about it Bembe, you have been very sweet even though you don't know who I am, you are right to be careful. For all you know I am a wicked lion that hurts others. There is nothing wrong with being careful just in case." He nodded firmly. Bembe was sweet and even as laid back as Itri was he never wanted to see a female lion or cub hurt by someone stronger than them. That was cowardly and unfair. Pick on someone your own size was a thing. Her answer didn't tell him much. "Have you ever dreamed of something else, adventure? Jungles, beaches, snowy mountains?" He asked her curious what Bembe was like.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:50 am
Midnightglow18

Bembe was glad that Itri understood. She would have felt bad otherwise. It was an impulse reaction, and one that was born out of safety more than anything else.

"Dreamed of something else?" Bembe wondered what exactly he meant.

"I dream of what is out there, every so often," she admitted. She knew there was more to the world than the Pridelands.

"I wouldn't change being here for anything else though," she said to him. She loved her home.

With the introductions out of the way, Bembe thought perhaps it was best to show the male what she was talking about, now that she knew he was not a threat.

"Come and see the pride," she said, turning and leading the way to the centre of the pride.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:58 am
Vesale

Itri smiled and then said "Alright then Bembe show me your world." his tone was gentle and kind. He liked Bembe already and hoped they would grow close as time passed.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items