Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Am I lost? (Nyimak and Athrun) (Fin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:05 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Nyimak woke with the sunrise, she was ready to meet the day and seek out water, food and new adventures. She stood in the mouth of the small cave she lived in. She stalked out of her home and headed in the directions of the watering hole. She was careful in her movements this early in the day there were sure to be others. No matter who you were, you had to be careful when going to the watering hole. Nyimak found a spot for her to lean down and take her drink. Then she went off to hunt for some food. She tended to hunt smaller game since she didn't have a pride. Which meant she was on her own. It was how it had always been and she didn't mind.

The thought of joining a pride rarely crossed her mind, she just didn't see a reason why she needed anyone else. She hunted down a hare and ate enough to keep her going. Then she continued on across the plains she had no destination in mind. Then again Nyimak didn't have trouble finding strange things. She had never expected to meet a god. She wondered how the god of laughter was doing these days.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

From his perch atop the old temple of his scattered pride he had watched it all, the movement of time and the sands, his memories gone and his heart as wide and open as it had ever been. As the memories slowly returned the sands covered the proof of his beloved lions, of their triumphs and pains, of their beautiful lives and their heartbreaking deaths. His heart closed a little and memories had begun to return against his will.

A mate and cubs murdered by the gods he'd called brothers and sisters, another brilliant lioness that gave him cubs who had lied to him. Azraceri had told him they were his siblings as he grew and when his memories flooded back he remembered his children, pulled from his own lineage they were no longer his cubs, cursed once more. Brother from long ago, a face swam into his memories, and the green caused his fur to bristle and his fangs to slowly show. Their dance of curses had continued as he ceased to grow past his adolescence once more, what was his name, it was coming back slowly but it came in time.

Sand covered everything, sand and pain, the god remembered and grew angry. Athrun closed his heart but could no longer cover his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edges of his white wings had tattered over months and months of walking and dragging them wherever he went, searching for something but not really interested in anything that another soul had to offer. It was the curse of his life that he had been born as the god of loneliness, the worst of all domains in his opinion as everyone that he met had sadness so steeped in their hearts that it broke his into pieces and left him drained after the encounters. Just once he would be happy, privileged even, to meet a soul that wasn't as lonely and broken as all those he had known. As he himself felt. Doing his best to lift his wings onto his back once again, the weight of everything he had recently remembered weighing them down as much as his heart, Athrun set about finding something to eat to keep himself going. Flying hadn't been critical to him in the past anyway and with the added issues of his curse and the general distrust that he held for his fellow gods now, something that grew with each passing day, the old god was understandably wary of flying any longer and using an ability that might make him overly visible while he was alone in the world.

It was hard to even do so with his stomach so empty anyhow, flying took a surprising amount of energy and he didn't have stores of it saved up currently as he wandered the plains looking for something he couldn't name. Without looking hard at the creature that ran in front of his paws, Athrun took a swipe at it and lunch was his even if it was only a small hare. Somewhere there would be another waiting for this hare to return home and though he would give it a day or so, the god was certain he would feel the pinprick of loneliness and the heartbreak that came with it shortly. It made eating hard but it was a necessity to life and so no matter his feelings on the matter it had to happen for him to continue on. Starving was not an option even if he ate so little that one would think that he was. Maybe he could go down to the ocean and find fish, it reminded him of an old friend every time he looked at it and the bittersweet memories of it would be a welcome reprieve from his harsh revere.

Movement caught his attention and blue eyes turned to take in the familiar sight of a lioness hunting, brilliantly red and yellow fur on the top of her head stood out despite her brown coat. For a moment he felt nothing but the niggling feeling of distant calls that he always did, the voices of lonely souls that wanted attention he didn't have the will or ability to currently give. It would seem that the lioness was lost, or at least wandering without purpose, for her eyes did not settle on a distant landmark and her movements were unhurried in their steady way. It was remarkably similar to his own situation, so very much so that Athrun found his paws moving in her direction despite himself. No screaming torrent of loneliness was coming off her, just a faint tug that was quite common in all creatures even if they were unaware of it themselves. Though he wished not to draw attention to himself, the god knew that his hulking size and brilliant white fur, matched with the glimmer of gold that he wore, would mark him as the most obvious thing this side of the horizon. It didn't quite trouble him though, nothing and no one had even tried to cause him harm recently and he could easily fly away even if his feathers were tattered.

Hattaki

Lonely Phantom

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:16 pm
Nyimak turned to the sound and scent of someone else nearby and yup she would have had to have been blind and foolish to not spot the bright white god before her. She made her way over to the god and she spotted his tattered wings. She frowned when she was about to bow her head in respect. "Are you hurt?" She asked softly. Nyimak had never really thought it possible to hurt a god or goddess so she was a bit confused. Her body langue reflected her feelings about the situation. She thought of the gods as these spirits of the world indestructible. So it was in no way settling to see a god with tattered wings, after all if something could hurt a god what would it do to a mortal like Nyimak?

She waited for the god to respond to her question, least she hoped they would respond. She looked them over curious what their domain was. The god of laughter had been tricky to place as well, she had to get him talking laughing before she realized who she was talking to. Some were easy to guess others were more tricky. She enjoyed the interactions even when they were scary at times.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:14 pm
Feelings washed over him for only a moment and were gone, whispers all that were left as the lioness stepped toward him in a bold manner. There were those that would have called her foolish to approach a god or even another lion in general that looked as battered and thin as he, somewhere deep inside he was one of them but held his tongue carefully as if it would insult her. Breaths coming at the same steady pace as always and wings pulling slowly up, joints folding them and feathers rustling until they settled in a more respectable upon his back, Athrun felt the pull that indicated their wish to slide back down towards the ground in his weary state. However he was a god, once that had meant something to him and even though he had little self respect or even pride in his appearance with his current state of mind, the look that was being leveled at him brought him to roll his shoulders and try to stand straighter. Altogether it came off comical in that respect and he knew it, what was the opinion of another to him when they would certainly be gone in the blink of his long life. Just a blip.

"Don't worry, any pain heals faster than it should." Voice deeper and darker than one would guess to come from such a white lion, Athrun had once been the voice that hung on the night air when others languished alone. Though it held sadness it was also calm and even despite appearances that claimed he himself was not. "Nothing but the self infliction of little care brings one to this state, not another. Do not worry lioness, you have nothing to fear in this part of the savannah."

Many a day had been spent with his large paws traipsing this area in circles with nowhere to really go. If the world were out there to be explored he simply had no desire to do so with his heart so closed to the beauty of life. Danger was minimal with it so open, if one were being hunted they could see their pursuers easily on this stretch of flat grass, though it would be somewhat hard to escape unless they were strong enough to fight back. Not knowing her he couldn't assume her level of strength or wily will, many were far too kind to fight as savagely as was called for in times of fear and panic. Traveling the savannah alone was impressive though, lions had a tendency to seek out company and live in groups, even as a god he had understood this and watched over a pride that he was fortunate enough to love and call home for many years. For one to be so alone out here was cause for concern, was there no one she could travel with?

"What has you so far from another, wandering the savannah plains alone?" Athrun bowed his head to the lioness as if to emphasize his question, but the movement forced him to realize that he was tired. Exhaustion was one thing, weariness was quite another and it had sapped his energy and drive until he wandered aimlessly in search of nothing and everything. "Certainly there are others to travel with that would ensure your safety."

Was she really so alone?

Midnightglow18

Hattaki

Lonely Phantom

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:47 pm
Hattaki

Nyimak sighed out it was a relief to hear the god say they had not been attacked, she wasn't too surprised they had read her. She was rather an open book. Foolish perhaps but Nyimak was who she was. On the other paw she frowned. Wondering why this god was in such a sorry state but she didn't want to be rude and ask. She shook her head and said "No I have no family, I do not remember my mother and I never met my father. I travel for adventure to seek the next interesting thing. If I stayed in my cave where it was safe I wouldn't have met you. And to me even though there is always the risk you or another god or goddess will strike me dead, I find the meetings interesting." She said in a brave tone. Nyimak was young and reckless but she wanted to live her life and she intended to do so whatever way she could, no matter what she had to do.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:15 pm
Adventurers tended to be some of the most lonely souls that he met, in fact he'd met dozens of them over the years that he could remember, all following a call somewhere. What form that call took could vary depending on who was searching and wandering across the savannah, but this lioness looked as though she were simply wandering for the chance to see life. Bravery came off of her in waves, something he would have to mention to another god of a more appropriate of that particular domain to look after her, Athrun could only add his support to one with a heavy heart. Still it amused him so to see her put on such a brave face despite being all alone with no family to recall and no friends to travel with her.

"Gods are fine to meet, though there are those that truly will wish you harm in the future should you continue this pattern of meeting them. Surely there are others out on the plains that will travel with you, those that share the same desires and could travel together with you for safety?" lifting his head up to look at the rather barren section the two stood in, it seemed a terrible fate to simply run around with no destination. The irony was of course not lost on him given the way he had lived in recent years, so lost himself that if he'd the stomach to reach out to her he might actually have asked the goddess of the Lost to aid him.

Gods and Goddesses were not his favorite beings though, even if he himself happened to be a god he was rather unwilling to settle in their presence as of late. Twice he had suffered at the claws of divine beings with powers far superior to his own or at the very least more combative. Twice he had let down his guard around them, cursed the first time and killed the second. What there was for him to gain from any was beyond him, but certainly he could remember a time when he'd had friends above and it hurt him to think that they might have been responsible for his first curse, for the murder of his family. For this lioness to want to meet any of them...

"You certainly are brave. Being out here all alone, no one at your side but it is still concerning." Turning his blue eyes back to her he pondered for a moment the fact that he had no destination himself. "Are you in need of a travel companion?"

Midnightglow18

Hattaki

Lonely Phantom

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:20 am
Hattaki

Nyimak grinned at the god she did not fear the gods, she did admire them. They were wonderous beings who seemed to embody everything about the world. She found that wondrous and magical. She wondered what it would be like to join their ranks, what would it be like to join the gods and become one of them?

Nyimak considered the question would she seek out others to travel with her. "Perhaps though I have yet to meet anyone who has asked to travel with me, I live my life free. I wake with the morning light and I go about my day. I go to the watering hole and I hunt. Each day is full of the possibilities of life and I grab them with my claws. I suppose it is possible that one day I will be struck down by a god for my curiosity.

However, if I never take the chance I would not have seen and experience everything I have to this day. I will take the chance someday I will meet the god of death for the chance to hear the god of laughter laugh." Nyimak laughed. The sound of his laughter would stay with her always.

Nyimak chuckled once again and then said. "I do not know if that is a compliment or a comment that I am a reckless fool who will someday get herself killed, but I thank you anyway." She bowed her head and then said. "I would be honored if you mean to join me in my travels." Nyimak tried to remember if they had introduced themselves yet. She could not so she said. "I am Nyimak"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:40 am
Without warning, his muzzle split into a smile that warmed his features nicely and his blue eyes closed as he chuckled. God of Laughter, he was an interesting one that Athrun could faintly remember from a life now past, the memories foggy as he stretched for them beyond the haze that often kept him from them. Twice reborn, it was not enough for his soul to have forgotten everything like others who had been reborn countless times to the Haven above that housed so many divine spirits. There were even memories, pressed far down under the weight of years, that indicated a darkness guarded by only one who's face he could remember even if he tried to dismiss it. To reach for the laughter that rang through his memories was far better and this lioness appeared to be looking for it each day as she travelled to no place in particular.

"Very well said, young Nyimak." Athrun pulled his wings tight to himself and stretched his powers out to cover his whole form, the wings disappearing and the gold vanishing from him, only a spare angle or two left un-glamoured on his front legs and tail. For all purposes he appeared as a large white adolescent that had yet to grow into his mane, it did not bother him to look awkward and still thin of frame.

It was a disturbing feeling to be without his wings, but he could not traipse about and put this lioness in danger to simply appear as his godly self. If he were to travel as a mortal then it would be as a mortal did, feet walking across the dirt and grass of the ground, tied to the earth as all other mortals were. As much as Athrun could remember he could not recall the type of mortal he had been before ascending to become the divine being he was now. Had he been a lion? Had he been a lonely creature that died of a lonely heart? Someday he might find the answer but this was not that day, this was a day to explore a new part of him and not the old that would never be again. Today was a chance at a new start in his life that didn't involve brooding and traveling completely alone, for once with another that might show him a different way than what he'd known.

"If the company of the god of loneliness would be welcome walking at your side, then I would gladly travel with you for a bit. My feet have no destination other than away from my past and away from my own losses." At this he bowed his head to Nyimak and though he would have tilted his wings forward with it he felt that only bending his legs would surely work in this form. Mortals meant more to him than any god, even more than he cared for himself, though there had been those in the past that eased the latter feeling. "My name is Athrun and I have been wandering alone for quite some time. To travel with another would be a welcome change of lifestyle that has plagued me until this point."

"Midnightglow18"

Hattaki

Lonely Phantom

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:51 am
Hattaki

Nyimak smiled brightly at Athrun "That is a very clever skill you have there my friend." She said in a warm tone, Athrun appearing mortal would certainly make traveling together less risky. You never knew who you might meet traveling. It would certainly be interesting having someone else with her on her travels. And perhaps Nyimak could somehow help the lost god feel a little less lost with a friend. "Perhaps you can learn you guide and sooth the lonely, instead of feeling lonely yourself?." She suggested. She nodded firmly and said, "You are most welcome to travel with me and we can seek out new lands and adventures." She would keep that promise to show this god every curious thing she could find. To show him all the wonders she could uncover.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:48 pm
Lifting his head and taking a deep breath in the newly minted 'mortal body' that he glamoured around himself, Athrun rolled his shoulders and looked down at the smaller lioness. She had been traveling for such a short time compared to his immense lifetime but she was completely happy to be alone. Even if his presence often erased loneliness just from contact, he couldn't help but believe that it wasn't that making her this way. Rather she had found a way to get over that lonely feeling that ate away at any lion who stepped far away from a pride, the natural way of lions as he'd come to find over the years. Nyimak was different and it was refreshing in a way, even if it was a little bit sad that she was completely alone.

"Now that, I'd enjoy. Shall we get started going to see the rest of the savannah then?" blue eyes danced a bit even if his expression stayed a little somber.

He was ready to see the rest of it with these new eyes of his, with this new body and new life. Athrun couldn't change the past, couldn't bring anyone back to life that had died and couldn't find his family that had once built around him with love, but he could start over on these four legs of his and find a new way. Make a new life.

Midnightglow18
Probably a good place to finish. ^^

Hattaki

Lonely Phantom

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out