Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:35 am
Polette
Remembered what the other rp was!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
He had been with the dark purple goddess for several days now. Following a youngster felt strange but she certainly put some life in to his steps. Jaddis personified his domain, he looked as if he would die at any moment and when he remembered to breath the sound rattled like the final cry of death.

He was an old god, old enough that he could remember many things, when there was life there was death and when there was death there were ways to die. He was technically one of those ways, or at least the personification of one. He still lived though, he was alive and there fore he had needs and even ambitions.

Once long ago he had been in love and that love had brought forth children, he had sired a few litters between then and now but he was often loathe to bring truely mortal children in to the world, after all they were then subject to his powers and he would not wish the slow death he had seen throughout his life time brought upon anyone.

Still he enjoyed spending time with others, despite his often off-putting look Jaddis had always been a social being, it was why he allowed the vulture to follow him, any creature that would spend time with him and offer him conversation, comfort, words, anything really, was nice. The feathered lioness had not encouraged him to leave her side yet and because of that he happily followed or lead, occasionally he would nudge her in a direction not of her choosing as he felt the tug of one in need of his services. He wondered if she had noticed, or if she simply agreed to let him lead the way on those occasions.

It didn’t matter, he was glad to have a companion on the long road that was immortality, even if this companionship was only for a heart beat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It had really been an odd couple of days. Kali was amazed that she had even allowed a companion to stay by her side for this long, especially a fellow immortal. Though she had always found certain domains and personalities interesting, it usually didn't take long for her to either bore of them or butt heads with them. Jaddis had a strange quality about him, though - was it apathy? Or just the appearance of it? She couldn't quite put her paw on it. Still, he was fairly surprising. His strange mannerisms also kept things interesting, and she had found herself giggling at them every once in awhile.

Travelling with Jaddis had also given her a bit of structure as of late; as a chaotic domain, Kali generally used her time aimlessly roaming around, in search of things to pester and destroy. Seeing the effects of his domain up-close, however, reaffirmed her desire to stay on the more positive-side of the realm.

Today, they had stopped for a little bit of relaxation time. Kali laid out on a rock, soaking in the sun's rays. "Jaddis, do you ever wonder about our cycles?" She paused, eyes drifting around in the sky. "I mean, how we are eternally born-again." It was an odd train of thought, but being around the older god made her wonder. She had obviously been reborn within a recent time period, for whatever reason, but he seemed to have been in this life for quite some time.

Syrius Lionwing

Polette
Crew

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:16 am
Polette

When the lioness spoke his ears twitched and he rose from a sort of immobile state to look at her. His eyes he knew could be unnerving, they seemed blind to many but he could see perfectly. He looked how his domain expected him to look. He stayed silent for a moment. Her train of thought was an unusual one, he ha never really thought about it before and it took a few moments for him to find a reply.

“I have honestly, never thought about it.” It was a serious topic. His next words he picked through, chose carefully before saying outloud. “I don’t think there was a before myself.” It was a strange thought. The gods existed because they were believed in because they needed to be, if there was no belief they did not exist.

“I have met gods before that decided they wanted to leave their existence behind so they passed their domains on to a willing mortal or simply decided to die.” Another pause, he took a breath, as if something in his mind told him he should take a breath before continuing, the sound echoed and rattled around in his chest and it took him a moment of silence before he spoke again “I would not wish to pass what I am along to someone else.” There was a slight bitter tone in his voice. “You have seen what I am, what my domain entails. There is very little joy in what I bring, though I try to bring relief to those suffering.”

He looked at the lioness carefully, he couldn’t remember meeting the previous goddess of hazards, he could not possibly meet all of the gods in the world even in his extensive life time, but she smelled of new life of youth and that was a good thing. “The cycle is a strange thing, but we exist because we are believed in, to not be believed in means we cease to exist.”

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:37 pm

"Oh. Well, I guess when you live a life as lavish and wonderful as yours, the thought really doesn't have time to pop up." Kali held a bemused expression, her thoughts beginning to drift away from her own question.

"I wonder if that's how I came to be." Her ears perked as he mentioned mortals taking over domains. "It's funny that you'd say that, though, because I really don't think it's that bad." She was being relative, of course. "But I think it's good that you have it, so you can offer that relief." She imagined that if others were to take on the responsibility, they might not be so keen on helping mortals find some peace.

"It must really be a sad thing, to stop being believed in..." Her eyes trailed off. She hated feeling sad, but even entertaining the idea made her feel empty inside. She'd never met a god that was deteriorating, but it must be horrible.

"Well, how about something else, then." Rolling her shoulders, Kali shook off her temporarily dampened mood, her eyes scanning the horizon to try and find something fun to do.

Syrius Lionwing

Polette
Crew

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:21 am
Polette
Sorry for the wait, work kicking my butt!

The elder god gave a a somber nod at her revelation. He had seen gods simply cease to be, he had lived long enough to witness it, it was a long, hard life for some.

“In some way, you have always existed, or at least what you are has, you are simply the newest incarnation.” He let a quieter breath escape between his sewn lips. “As with all things, they simply exist with enough believe we are born and though mortals think us immortal we can die and move on. We are not as invulnerable as some think.” He let the subject escape his lips, she was far too carefree to have such things weighing her down and certainly she may live for an eternity, the option was there after all, no one said they wern’t Immortal, it was simply that not all gods existed at all times.

“It is too nice a day to dwell on such things.” He managed after a short silence, he hated to think of the female as sad, she was a breath of life in his lengthy life, he could remember previous females, previous friends not unlike her, full of life and willing to spend a short amount of time with him. It was a lonely existence, and it had always been difficult for mortals to be around him, his natural auror made them feel hunger. “Tell me, do you ever think of your own future? What might happen tomorrow?”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:21 pm

"Hmm, not usually." Kali leaned downward before rolling over in the grass. "I've never been the type to think of the future. I like the 'now' a bit more." She grinned, looking up at him. Maybe one of these days she'd get that closed-up mouth to form some semblance of a smile.

"It seems like an odd thing to think about, because for us, what is the future?" She let out a laugh, knowing that Jaddis understood this idea well. "I think I'd like to experience all aspects of life, though. The good, the bad -" she paused, looking up at the sky. "- even what mortals describe as 'blessed' moments." She knew of the reverent prides, but as a goddess herself, she didn't yet understand the feeling.

"What about you? Do you think about what you want to happen next in your life?"

Syrius Lionwing

Polette
Crew

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:00 am
Polette

The slender god let a slight chuckle escape his maw, though his face did remain completely stalwart as he did so. He often thought about the future, though not his own. His life rolled by as age allowed it. He knew many lives had come and gone while he lived in this state.

He let out a long, rattling breath “I have had the blessed moments. They are good moments.” He paused and for a brief moment the sickly thin gods brow creased. Emotion was there beneath the surface, it just needed to be teased out. “Tomorrow will come and go, you live well as you are Kali. Think about your today and decide on your tomorrow when it comes.”

Listening to his own words he realised how cryptic it was for him to say such things. Still he needed to say it. “I have never truly paused to think about what will happen when this life ends. I do not expect it to end.”

“You are young and carefree, perhaps, one day, you will find a different meaning for th life you are living now.”

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:10 pm

"I kind of think the same." Kali never imagined herself ceasing to exist. It was the one sympathy she truly had for mortals, the fact that it was a reality in their lives to stop existing at some point.

"I'm not too sure about that, Jaddis." She let out a laugh, reminding herself that, while they got along so well, they were two different domains, and that's what ruled them. "I think I will see different beauties in life, but my core meaning will remain unshaken. After all, if it didn't, I wouldn't represent myself." She pawed in the air towards him, knowing that because of his domain he held a different view. It's like how the God of Thunder viewed life so differently from herself, or the God of Sloths.

"I'm sure you'll still show me a thing or two, though." She grinned, consistently surprised that she had taken a fondness to the older god. While she wasn't sure how long that fondness would last, she knew that she'd at least get a few new experiences out of it.

Syrius Lionwing

Polette
Crew

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:23 am
Polette

The younger goddess always amused him. She was really full of life. Her domain didn’t really exude life, but neither did it bring death. Her domain, like his own, was felt by everyone equally. Young and old alike could suffer from a disaster after all.

For a moment the tone eyed god looked thoughtful. “It is something I have not done for a long time, but do you want to spend some time amongst mortals?” He paused in his speech. “I cannot stay among them too long, what I am, seeps in to the mortals world. It is forever why I wander.” Again a pause, he wasn’t looking for any sympathy of course, he was, by his domain a lone god, a wanderer, a lone wolf, not necessarily by choice, he enjoyed the company of others, what he was simply seeped in to mortals, making them starve, causing a famine.

Many moons ago he had settled for a time in the gods haven, but that was longer ago than he knew or cared to admit. “It is hard for me to settle in one place but perhaps you can find a home. It is not a bad thing to long for company, to find meaning in something other than your domain. To live.” He let a breath roll over his sewn lips. “I settled once, a long time ago, before Kenzie left, when the cubs were young. It is too hard to stay rooted.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:22 am

Kali couldn't help but pause, eyes locked on Jaddis for a moment after his suggestion. "Stay? Among mortals? You?" She didn't mean to sound rude, but it just didn't seem like something he'd suggest first. Kali adored spending time around the mortals and seeing the effects of her domain upon them. "I think it could be some good fun for us." Well, she at least knew that she'd have some fun, but she was intrigued as to how he would act around them.

"I understand that." After all, many Gods were vagrants - she walked a similar path, though she chose the mortal realm over the frosty haven. "But you must know, I'm not one to be tied down for long." She winked playfully at him before continuing. "I don't think meanings necessarily come with location though." If things in life were going to happen, it didn't matter where she was - she'd face them all head on, and hopefully they'd be good, beautiful experiences.

Syrius Lionwing

Polette
Crew

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas