Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:45 pm
When the box arrived, packed carefully and tied tightly so that nothing shifted or broke, Amra was completely shocked to even receive it. Sure she had hit it off with the person that she'd been exchanging letters with via Anguish, but she had never expected to have two fire lizard eggs sent her way. She had pulled the eggs out individually and looked at them for a few moments each, turning them over in her large hands and looking up at Anguish with amused eyes. To his credit, the little blue fire lizard seemed proud of himself if he was overly frightened for his eggs. Every time she went to move one he made a move for her hands, as if to push them back down into the packaging where the warm sands could heat them back up.

Eventually she was forced to place the lid back on the box as she debated what to do with them, having received Anguish from her mother immediately after her Impression she wasn't entirely sure if she could even deal with another fire lizard on top of the two she had and Seirath's constant needs. It had been a few months now and she had to admit that it was exhausting running around for her chores but she couldn't be happier with the feeling that she got just being a bonded rider now. Knowing how that made her feel she stared down at the crate and pulled one of the wrapped eggs out, leaving the other in the radiating warm sands for it's safety. Amra put Whirlwind and Anguish in charge of watching it, hoping that her little brown would be able to keep Anguish from running off with the egg as she got the feeling he would run back to the little green female with it.

Just as she had gotten the idea for what she was going to do Seirath appeared at her ankles and twisted about her legs with her approval. To her there was no such better idea as it meant that she would see her beloved sister and get to spend time with her once more. Though Amra insisted that it was just to pass over the egg for her bonded, but deep in her heart the girl couldn't really deny her dragon the chance to spend some time with her sister, as she was so excited. Excitement bubbled up in her as Seirath expressed her desires and it earned the little green dragon a quiet chuckle.

"Hopefully the two of them will be as excited as you are." She ran the fingers of her free hand over Seirath's head and the two of them started off to look for her sister and her rider.

How could they not be? It's a present! Everyone loves presents!

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:19 am
"Come, dearest, the sun will feel good on you," Vennodren said, coaxing Nzambith to come outside. The past few days she had been quite fond of sleeping and while sleep was important for growing dragons, Venn didn't want her to snooze the whole sevenday away! The little dragon gazed up at him silently, but finally the pure desire to go outside that was radiating from her rider made the little green pull herself to her feet with a slumped look. For any other dragon it might have been an expression of defeat, but for Nzambith it was simply her usual stance.

"That's my girl," Venn cooed, reaching down to scratch behind her stumps. This did perk Nzam up a bit and she tilted into the touch, eyes slitting as she trilled happily.

That's my boy, she echoed which made Venn laugh. After a little more indulging Venn set off, Nzambith hot on his heels. Well...as hot as the sluggish dragon could be.

The two made it outside and indeed the sun did feel lovely on Nzambith's hide. She opened her wings to get the full effect of the glow and trumpeted softly with joy. The combined emotions of dragon and rider were making a lovely little excited ball between them and Nzam even mustered up the energy to scamper around a bit, kicking up dust and pebbles as she went.

She stopped suddenly and turned, wings still unfurled and tail wagging back and forth slowly as her greenish blue eyes swirled with delight.

Vennmine, my sister approaches.

Turning to join his dragon, Venn spotted Amra and Seirath walking in their direction. He had spoken with the tall rider on a few occasions now, and for Venn that was enough to give her a wide grin and wave her down.

"Good afternoon, Amra!" he called out enthusiastically. Nzam gave a little honk of greeting as well to her sister and her rider.

Hattaki

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:33 am
It was most unlike her to be so lost in thought that she missed things, in fact she prided herself in having eyes that caught near everything that happened around her regardless of how small the thing was. Sometimes it was through a set of eyes that weren't even on her face. Thanks to Whirlwind it was as though she did have a second set of eyes and Amra catalogued everything that the brown fire lizard sent to her because it was all precious in it's own way, all information was valuable it just was all ranked differently to her. Now with the addition of Seirath she had slightly less time to go through her mind's Room and file things in the correct place so she could recall them quickly but it added a new level of interest to her life that kept the girl on her toes. However it also meant that she was so focused on her newly formed bond that she noticed less somehow, a problem that she was working hard to rectify.

So it was that she heard her name and nearly hopped out of her skin from the shock, only the realization that she was holding tightly to a precious egg kept her from showing more than a flinch lest she drop it's fragile shell. A trumpet of amusement escaped her golden tongued dragon and the little green brushed lovingly against her leg before scampering over to greet her beloved sister. It had been some time since she'd seen Nzambith face to face again, since their combined health assessment as a matter of fact, but Seirath came to greet her as if it had been only yesterday that they had seen one another. With her burst of excited energy Amra felt her blood begin to fizzle a bit herself, uncertain of exactly how she should approach Vennodren about the package in her hands.

"Hello Vennodren, it's lucky that you found us. Seirath and I were just looking for you to give the pair of you something." Amra's deep voice was, thankfully, level enough that she didn't think he would notice her nerves. This was not the first gift that she had given but it was certainly one of the oddest.

It's an egg! But don't tell yours just yet, my Lady was hoping to surprise him.

Directing the thought to only her larger sister Seirath twisted about the other green and sang a lilting trill for her, excitement pouring from her every fiber. This was the first time she'd ever gotten to give a gift that wasn't a song or the well cleaned white bone that she had given to Amra their first night. Though she supposed 'given' was a bit of a misnomer in light of how she'd been forced to receive it.

All the same she felt joy knowing that her sweet sister would be receiving the gift as well given it's very nature.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:18 pm
Vennodren put a hand over his mouth to stifle a little laugh as he realized just how badly he had startled Amra. The young woman had flinched a bit when he had called out to her, oblivious to his presence until the words had met her ears. He gave a little smile and raised his shoulders in a sheepish way, giving her another wave as she changed her direction towards him and Nzambith.

Her words made him stand up straight again, an interested look on his face. "Really? For us? Amra, you're too kind," he said with a fond laugh. "It isn't my nameday," he added with a teasing wink. Usually gifts were reserved for special occasions and yet the tall rider seemed unphased to give him something at such a random time of the year.

Nzambith cooed softly as Seirath wound around her, following the more agile dragon with her head. The comment made her perk up a bit, long neck untwisting from being bent nearly double as she reached up to sniff at the object in Amra's arms.

An egg? Why? she asked, keeping her thoughts to her sister. She was concerned for a moment that they had somehow stumbled across another dragon's egg and Vennodren would Impress someone other than her, and for just a moment her eyes shifted to a very pale grey. Surely Venn wouldn't do that to her? He seemed devoted, but there were much more spunky and energetic dragons out there that would match him better, surely.

But then a thought occurred to her and her eyes returned to their usual placid green. It was far too small an egg to belong to a dragon. Perhaps it was the egg of one of the little flits buzzing around Amra. A flit she could handle, certainly.

Hattaki

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:28 pm
Oh don't worry dear sister, my Lady will certainly reveal the reason in a moment or so, yours will be so excited. You will be so excited to see it hatch I'm sure!

With a happy trill Seirath twirled around both Nzambith and Vennodren's legs, her wings brushing her sister's body in her excitement. Her trill sounded like a golden bell issuing from her gently despite her overflowing feelings of exciting happiness. It was just the greatest thing she'd ever heard her Lady come up with and certainly she wanted everyone to be as happy as she herself wanted them to be. Maybe she was rubbing off on the more stoic woman's senses, but she still felt the reservations that remained there no matter what her connection. It had been to her joy that she'd gotten Amra to dance with her on their last Free Day, the swirling dance had worn them both out, but the woman had indulged her for quite some time before they'd both been worn out with joy and laughter.

I cannot wait until you see it, it's the most beautiful of things and so delicate!

Doing her best to avoid rolling her gray eyes at the antics of her dragon, Amra focused on Vennodren's words and wink and allowed a small smile to flit over her own features briefly. There had been the barest flicker of confusion in the other rider's eyes when she had mentioned that she had something for him. In her defense she had never once given a gift that was like this and she wasn't certain if this man who was her acquaintance and fellow wingmate in their Weyrling wing would accept it. If it had been closer to his nameday as he said then maybe he would, but who even knew when fire lizards bred and clutched eggs, it certainly wasn't on a regular schedule!

"Well...." Amra started off rocky, she had a more than sufficient grasp of language but it seemed to fail her at the worst opportunities. "I wanted to give you something as the first person that really spoke to me here... as the first person that spoke to me after I met Seirath." a flush came around her cheeks that darkened her already dark features a bit, "I'm just hoping that you'll accept this as a token of friendship?"

Friends weren't something that she was used to making, more tools for a purpose than anything else, but she felt that Vennodren wasn't quite like that. He was special in a way that simply got her to talk and feel comfortable and he had come along into her life at a time when things were changing so much that she had no grasp for her true self with the flood of Seirath's emotions. Without speaking another word she held out the bundled egg to him, keeping her heavy eyes trained on him to see if he would decline the gift of the egg. The moment that she had the thought Seirath sent her a sweet reminder that Venn had Impressed her sister and thus had the compassion to understand her muddled emotions even if she were unsure and Amra felt her heart thump heavily for her dragon.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:28 am
Seirath's excitement was starting to rub off a bit on Nzambith - it was hard to remain indifferent when the smaller green was literally buzzing around her and her rider with delight - and curiosity got the best of her. It was flooding off Vennodren in waves as well and probably had something to do with it, but the droopy green bobbed her head with a mix of curiosity and eagerness to see what was in the bundle. An egg, she knew, but what kind? What color? What would be inside?

Vennodren tilted his head slightly as Amra spoke, letting her take her time to say exactly what she wanted to. When it became clear that her offering was a gift of friendship the shorter rider pressing a hand over his heart, a soft 'awwww' leaving his lips. It was clear Amra wasn't used to things like this and that it wasn't easy for her to say or do what she was doing, so rather than simply accepting the gift that was being held out to him he took a few steps forward to pull her into a careful one-armed hug. Obviously whatever she was holding was fragile since it was bundled up so neatly and he didn't want to crush it.

"As thankful as I am for the gift, Amra, don't feel as though you need to give friends presents. Your company is more than enough," he insisted as he pulled back, a fond smile on his face. "And Nzambith loves seeing her sister just as much as I love seeing you, so it's a wondeful partnership we have! That being said, I certainly won't turn down a thoughtful-"

As he spoke he took the bundle from Amra and had barely pulled back the cloth covering it when it shuddered in his hands, rendering him still and silent. He looked down and his eyes widened at the sight that lay before him in his own arms - an egg! And egg with a trembling brown shell that was slowly starting to crack!

May I see the egg, Vennmine? Nzambith asked, nudging his leg with her nose. She could feel the whirling emotions running through her rider and they were a bit confusing to her and she wanted to ensure the egg was all right. Surprise, delight, worry, fear...what on Pern was happening up there?

"It...a flit egg! Amra! This...this is easily the best gift I've ever received," Venn said, his voice shaking with happiness but also a bit of worry. "I've never had a flit before but I know it's vital to feed them so they don't flee when they hatch and I think this is starting to hatch and I don't have any food and-"

He rambled on and on as he cradled the egg in his arms, sinking to his knees so Nzambith could observe the hatching as well. Indeed, the little egg was shaking and shell bits were cracking and flaking off. Oh dear, oh dear, Amra's thoughtful gift was going to fly away before he even had a chance to bond with it!

Hattaki

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:32 pm
Not at all used to contact she had to resist the urge to pull from it, knowing full well that he meant no harm in it and instead it came from a place of kindness and understanding for her inner turmoil. She had to admit that it was quite a relief to know that he didn't judge her for the sad state of her attempt at words. Relief flooded through her for a moment when he told her that just being in her company was enough and she had to bat away the smug response that her dragon placed in light of Vennodren's kindness. Certainly Seirath had been correct but how was she supposed to know that he was going to take it in such a manner? If someone had stumbled and made a fool of themselves through an attempt at friendship with her she might have reacted the same way he had, though with less hugging naturally. Maybe that was what friends did though, maybe they all hugged and she just never had a friend close enough for her to experience such hugs and affection from. Growing up in a traveling caravan had made friendships hard to come by and the general nature of her dealings even while in the hands of her mother had been... not exactly friendly.

Now was the perfect time for a new chance, the chance at friends and companionship, but she wasn't entirely willing to give up the spy in her and it would go against her baser nature to completely do away with it. Seirath insisted that Amra embrace the dancer within her soul and as the days had drawn on she had done just that, her movements gaining the grace that they once had before she came here and felt her knees start to shake in the face of so much death and destruction at the return of Thread. Deciding right in the moment that this was when she would start over and try again, Amra let Venn take the bundle from her and without saying much she let her eyes glow in amusement for his reaction. Gaining a new fire lizard was always a wonderful feeling and a beautiful moment, even if this one was just an egg as of yet.

Impressing to a dragon is much better though, yes? Because we communicate differently and fight alongside you and feel everything that you do.

If it were possible Seirath actually sounded cross, her tone a bit more severe than normal and jealousy that matched her brilliant color seeping through it. Reaching down, Amra scratched the spot on her neck that she enjoyed and ran her fingers along her ridges with an inward smile that her dragon felt.

Of course my beautiful girl, but fire lizards are just as worthwhile as well. You get along famously with Whirlwind and Anguish, you should know that they're important and special in their own ways.

Conceding the point, if somewhat stiffly, Seirath gracefully approached Vennodren where he had sunken to his knees and cast her swirling blue eyes on the egg within the wrappings once more. It was beginning to crack, but she knew that her Lady was already aware of the state of the egg, otherwise she might not have acted so swiftly in her decision to give it away. What an exciting time this was to see an egg hatch, she had of course watched nearly all her siblings break free of their shells but to see a fire lizard do so was a bit different. Having witnessed Anguish crack his shell was much more subtle than some of the explosive hatchings her siblings had come into the world with. It would be interesting to watch this one hatch!

My Lady, would you please help him before he has a meltdown on the ground and distresses my lovely sister? Your Seirath knows that you have the solution to this issue.

Finally releasing a chuckle in response to Seirath's goading, Amra sank down beside Vennodren carefully, her legs bending gracefully so that she was sitting beside him without touching him. From a pocket sewn into her skirt she pulled out a handful of dried meat that she kept in case her beautiful green was finally feeling like eating. It was so sporadic that she was never certain when she would need to pull such things out on the fly, one of these days she would manage to get her dragon on a feeding schedule along with the rest of them and put more weight on her delicate but slightly thin frame. Without any thought she offered it up to Venn and gestured to the egg with her free hand.

"I've got two of them, both ate like little ravenous beasts when I first met them." Amra thought back to Whirlwind, though she was fairly certain that he had hatched and run from his clutch with the impending threat of Threadfall, she still wasn't entirely sure. Either way, he had been hungrier than anything she'd ever encountered before. "Just make certain that you continue feeding him, don't let him get spooked by Seirath or Nzambith and certainly don't let him focus on me."

With that she scrooched back a bit, ready to take in the experience from afar and catalog it away. An exciting experience too, the first time that Vennodren bonded with a fire lizard! It filled her with happiness to know that she was able to give him the experience and gain a new friend from it all at the same time. Though he had insisted that she didn't need to give friends something, she hoped secretly that this would cement their friendship all the same, Amra certainly wasn't an exciting friend to have outside of this moment. No part of her even thought for a second that she would be anything but her normal reserved self even after making a friend, but hopefully he could accept her just this way and know that she welcomed his words and company no matter the situation they faced.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:45 am
Nzambith glanced at the shaking egg with interest, her nose prodding the shell softly as if to encourage whatever was inside to come out. It seemed to work as little claws poked through a softer part of the shell, green talons curling against the brown prison. Nzam's eyes whirled blue with delight - a green Flit, just like her - before glancing back up at Vennodren. His heart was racing and it was obvious he was anxious about letting the present get away, but Nzam sent him gentle waves of reassurance. Nothing bad would happen, not with her sister here.

The soothing vibes filled his mind and Venn took a deep breath and let it out, trying to let his joy override his fear. Amra hadn't come unprepared for which he was incredibly thankful. He accepted the handful of meat as the little green within the egg struggled to break free, but he let her do the work, knowing in the end it would be worth it.

Nzambith noticed the bits of food in Venn's hand and gave a little trill of delight, completely ignoring the egg now in favor of the little treats. Although she ate anything and everything Venn gave her and always was looking for more, she had a slim figure that had worried him at first. The health checkup had informed him that she was as healthy as could be and would just be a slender dragon which made him feel a bit better. It turned out he had actually been over-feeding her so he was forced to cut back on the snacks.

May I have some? she crooned hopefully, looking up at Vennodren with wide eyes. The rider shook his head, though, and leaned in to press a kiss between her short nubs atop her head.

"This is for the flit, dearest," he said with an amused smile, much more comfortable now that he had something to feed the tiny creature with. A little trill sounded from within the egg, drawing both of their attention back to the shell. Another trill, a little trumpet, and egg shells went flying everywhere as a tiny head shoved its way out of the darkness. The little green blinked up at Venn before giving another incredibly melodic trill which earned her a bit of meat. She was still mostly encased in the egg but he didn't want to take any chances.

"A little green," he said fondly, glancing at Amra as his newest companion chomped happily on the offering. "How wonderful. Thank you so much," he added, his voice wobbling just a bit as happiness overwhelmed him coming from both himself and Nzam. She was clearly happy that the flit was a green like her.

Sister, look! She is so small Nzam cooed, resting her head on Venn's thigh so as not to draw too close to the hatchling.

Hattaki

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:02 pm
It had been such a short amount of time since the two of them had Impressed, but Amra knew the look of pure love that was crossing over Vennodren's face, knew the swelling that she felt in her own heart must be shared in a similar way by this man who had waited far longer than she herself. Softness had entered into her heart and it shown through her half lidded gray eyes when the song met her ears, reminding her of Seirath and of the love she shared with a dragon. Deep inside her heart was horror at all times, it kept her on her toes and hardened her into the person that she was, able to withstand the memories that she locked in her mental room. Had she not had that she would have returned to her mother after that hatching, it was not the first death that she had witnessed but she was by no means an assassin. To be a spy she knew of many things and swallowed quite a bit of fear to preform her duties, but as a dragon rider she would know that feeling once more, all too well if what she'd been told of riders and dragons being lost Between during training was true. Fatalities were to become second nature in the Weyr during their training and the part of her that was afraid had actually gone on to encompass Vennodren and Nzambith as she became friends with them and opened her surprisingly fragile heart.

Soft she would be, unabashedly, at least around these two she knew that she could afford the luxury of doing so. Everything that she had learned of the pair and of Vennodren even before he had Impressed instilled a sort of trust in her that at first had been hesitant and cautious, but was growing as she learned more. For her, gifts had always been her way of showing some sort of affection towards those that she grew close to and the feeling she got from watching this man greet his new melodious green fire lizard went far in reminding her that she did indeed enjoy happiness in others. To her joy it seemed that Seirath was beside herself with glee in seeing the man bond to a green, for in the small dragon's opinion they were far superior and Amra even had to admit that her biased was well placed. Entirely warmed by the sight of a fire lizard bonding with it's new human filled her with a glowing feeling that she only felt when she had bonded and Impressed herself.

This is what it means to make friends my lovely Lady! Don't worry, your Seirath will see to it that you make many more! In fact we just made one today.

Seirath nuzzled her sister's shoulder and peered at the little fire lizard, she believed it would be an excellent addition to her sister's growing group and if she were anything like Amra's then would be of quite a bit of use as well. Though the green dragon was well aware that they were below her as tiny lizards and she a beautiful dragon that would grow large enough to have them ride her, though that would never be allowed!, she still found them to be fascinating little things that could disappear Between at the drop of a hat on their own, no rider required. It simultaneously amazed and worried her for their eventual safety, she had watched many in the faires disappear when startled and only hoped they had the focus to navigate home. This newest green had somber colors like her sister's even, colors that complimented and would drown her pretty rider in greens that he so clearly deserved. There were few men that Seirath had met and enjoyed the company of, Vennodren was one of very few.

I'm glad that he meets your high standards.

Remarked with only a slight bit of sarcasm that only Seirath could ever hear, Amra smiled at her newest friend kindly, "You don't need to thank me. It's wonderful to watch someone bond to a fire lizard, it reminds me of how I felt the first time I had. Seirath would have you drowning in greens had she her way, not to mention the whole of Pern." Soft laughter came from her, amused at the indignant snort she received for the well placed jab at her dragon's bias.

SilverLutz
Double quote! Sorry! XD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:07 pm
Vennodren watched his new flit chew up the meat he offered her, tiny claws scrabbling at the eggshell still. It was clear she wanted to get out, but he wasn't sure of the proper protocol for flits. Was it okay to help them break out of the shell? He decided against it, not wanting to ruin the experience she was having with him right now. He watched as the small head withdrew back into the shell, then more cracks formed until it finally gave way, showering his lap and Nzambith with tiny little shells.

Now he had just the flit in his arms. She was a glorious swampy green, much like Nzambith herself, and had a few darker markings here and there. There was no real physical description that popped out at him to name her, but he knew he'd have some time yet. He offered her more meat, his heart beating faster in his chest as the little flit dug in.

Amra's comment made him laugh and he glanced over at the tall woman, his cheeks aching from smiling so much. "I think she's got good ideas where that's concerned. Greens are by far the best."

That got Nzambith's head up once more as she trilled happily at her rider's words. The little green in Venn's lap whipped around to look at the two dragons, her little wings unfurling to greet them as she trilled right back.

"Aw...Nzam, you've already got another little friend," he cooed softly as he reached out to offer the flit more meat, his fingers stroking her gooey head.

Clearly pleased, Nzambith excitedly (but slowly) nuzzled against Seirath's neck, her eyes shifting from blue to green quickly enough that her eyes appeared teal.

Sister, she is very pretty, don't you think? she cooed softly, clearly a fan of the flit already.

Hattaki

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:19 pm
Another soft laugh pulled from her, quiet and somewhat subdued thanks to her deep voice, but Amra was feeling actual joy and couldn't help herself. Between Seirath's excitement and Nzambith's obvious joy paired with her rider it felt like she was trying to swallow down a hard spot in her throat as she chuckled. It was unavoidable, the image of Vennodren drowning in green fire lizards with his green dragon in the green environment of the Western Continent made it so that she just started snickering a little harder until it was full on laughter that she was covering with her hand so she wouldn't scare away his new little friend.

I've never heard my lady laugh like this, she's imagining you covered in little green fire lizards while riding Nzambith. It's a good image, I'm not sure why she's laughing so hard.

No matter what her lovely rider was imagining Seirath would have found it good, because the situation was good and there was a new friend for her lovely sister and things were just fantastic. Fluttering her wings gently the little green trilled a quiet song for the small green fire lizard that had turned her attention towards both herself and Nzambith. What her sister claimed was true, the fire lizard was very pretty and she was a little girl to keep her slightly more reserved sister company. Joy came off of her in waves and before she knew what she was exactly doing Seirath began to sway back and forth slightly and hum for all those around her in a voice like a clear bell. Accepting her sister's nuzzle with a trill that managed to meld into her humming song smoothly, the smaller green returned it with gusto.

You are going to be so happy my beautiful sister! This little green is so beautiful and you and yours will be most content, I'm sure of it.

"Even though she gets excited about everything Seirath's right, you both have a new friend. A member of your family." It had taken her a moment to stop laughing at the image in her head but Amra had managed somehow to quell it and catch what was happening. Venn's smile wasn't lost on her, clearly this was the best decision that she could have made for that egg and that smile cemented it for her. "I can't wait to see what she ends up with for a personality."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:50 pm
The image of himself and Nzam covered in green flits sent Venn into peals of laughter as well. It was a shame one couldn't predict the color of a flit in the egg, otherwise he was sure he would seek out those that would produce green firelizards just for that purpose!

"Oh dear...that is quite the sight," he said, wiping at his eyes before reaching for more meat, wiggling it in front of the little flit's nose to draw her attention away from the two dragons who were stealing the show with their returned trumpets and trills. Even as she ate the little green continued to sing, chirping and cooing her delight.

"Neither can I," he agreed, looking up at Amra with a wide grin once more. "She's quite vocal already which is quite different from Nzam. I suppose that's good, though...I won't have to do all the talking anymore." He reached out with a hand to stroke Nzam's head as the green dragon glanced at him fondly, not at all taking offense to the statement. She nuzzled up against him and settled down against his legs, watching their newest member of their little family with intent.

"Thank you so much, Amra," he said once more as he focused on the small flit, giving her as much meat as she wished. "This is easily the best gift I've been given. Outside of you," he added, leaning in to give Nzambith's head a little kiss which got him a hum of approval from the dragon.

Hattaki

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:41 pm
Rider, dragon and fire lizard seemed to all three be getting along famously and the warm spot in Amra's otherwise rather reserved heart grew larger and larger just from seeing it. Had it been so when she'd first bonded to Whirlwind, or when she'd Impressed Seirath? Surely both times the feeling had been indescribable, though for different reasons entirely, but never had she been given the chance to see a bond so close before. With no warning two pops announced the arrival of both her fire lizards, one quite curious and the other little blue completely beside himself with overpowering worry.

Anguish fluttered about Amra's head, chittering and making the most mournful noises as he watched the small green interact with her new bonded, his human wasn't totally beside herself like him so it caused him further distress. He was, of course, always like this. To Amra it was just another day where he was worried about something, but she wasn't about to let that affect any of her friends and quickly stuffed a piece of dried meat in his small mouth to silence him.

"Just in case you wondered who her father was, Pern's saddest fire lizard is quite worried for her with no cause at all." Stroking his small head with one thumb, her hand holding him tight to her knee where he'd finally managed to land, Amra shook her head and chuckled. "Really he's a good one, Anguish just lives up to his name appropriately and is quite concerned about her hatching."

Twisting down to take a look at the new green for himself, Whirlwind's brown wings fluttered happily at her singing trills and in no time he gave out bright little chirps of his own that drew Seirath into singing. It all ended up as one discordant melody of dragon-kind music that seemed to at least make her two little singers quite happy. There was no telling just how Vennodren's little green felt about the back-up singers she'd suddenly gained, but at least the singing was better than Anguish's wails at seeing his daughter out of the safety her egg had provided.

Sing with us sister! It's so much fun!

If Seirath could speak in anything other than exclamation points her rider had yet to see it happen, that alone amused her thoroughly, but the little green's swaying dance that accompanied the trilling noises she made was adorable. Should there ever come a time that Amra was tired of hearing that beautiful voice it would be because she was dead, for there was nothing better to her.

"You don't have to thank me for that, I'm just so thrilled to have been sent the eggs in the first place, I had to share the joy." It was the truth and it had been the very first thought that popped into her mind too, or rather the very first face. Venn's reaction showed her just how correct she had been in her choice.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:53 am
Vennodren was so caught up in feeding his newest companion and listening to her trills that he didn't notice the appearance of the other two firelizards. Nzambith did, though, lifting her head to gaze up at the flighty creatures with interest. They were so small, even smaller than herself, and that did give her a little warmth of delight in her chest. She liked being a bit bigger if only because it meant more people might notice her.

Venn, catching the delighted sensation from his dragon, glanced up as Amra spoke and referenced the little blue flit who did indeed seem rather upset. He gave a soft 'aw' and reached up to stroke his own flit's head which earned another happy coo from her.

"I'll take good care of her, don't you worry your little blue head," he said kindly even though he knew the words of a random human might not mean much to a distressed father. Still, the small green firelizard was clearly happy as Whirlwind joined in the impromptu jam session, three voices now filling the air happily.

Nzam glanced at Seirath as she was addressed, tilting her head to the side just a bit. Sing? It did seem like fun and with all the happy emotions rolling through her, Venn, and all of those gathered - aside from the blue firelizard of course - she decided to give it a go. Her trill wasn't nearly as quick or high in tone as the others, deeper and more somber, but she joined in all the same.

Venn had to laugh as his little green joined in to the delight of the firelizard who was beating her wings with happiness. "Shells, but it's getting loud here," he said with a bright laugh, rubbing his fingers over the tiny chest of the creature in his lap, feeling the vibrations within. "What a celebration!"

Hattaki

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:20 am
Eyes swirling white in despair and terror despite his incapacitated form, Anguish let out a quiet peal and deflated onto Amra's leg entirely. Having, for all appearances, to have worn himself out in his own hysteria, the fire lizard was in no position to even attempt to broker the freedom of his daughter from the hands of a stranger and somewhere in his hive mind he knew that it was too late anyway. Gentle hands stroked down his sides and wings to calm him further, his owner knowing the exact places to have him relax even if it was only momentary. In the end Anguish would always find something else or someone else to upset him and send the little lizard on another tirade of terror and heart wrenching anguish.

Hence his appropriate name.

Amra had felt rather proud of herself for that name, even though it had taken her a day or two to gauge the new one's feelings and emotions to even name him. Unlike Whirlwind he had been much more subdued and was prone to entire days spent under her sheets in the Weyrling barracks. It drove her simply up a wall but there was little that she could do to change his personality and as time passed and she got to know him further she wouldn't have wanted to anyway. He was a good fire lizard even if he had quirks that outweighed the other's, but she felt a certain amount of amusement for his reaction to his daughter's hatching. What would he be like when the second egg hatched?

Second egg? If this egg hatched.... My Lady, what about the second egg!?

Turning her full attention to her rider, Seirath ceased singing and her eyes turned bright yellow with her alarm, a color that Amra had never seen in her dragon's eyes before. She was right though! What of the other egg? Fire lizards were notoriously scatter-brained even if they were well trained like Whirlwind, had the two come to let her know that the egg was hatching and gotten distracted? It was far more likely that this was the case than the two of them just coming to find her for no reason, her lizards were trained much better than to simply both come for her attention outside of free time.

"The other egg!" Amra's voice was raised only a bit, still not more than a mellow whisper even despite her concern that had laced into her normal monotone. "If your egg hatched right now then that means that the other egg is likely to begin or already has done so!"

She hadn't had the time to come up with a plan for who she would gift it to! Only one face had come to mind when she'd first seen the eggs and she certainly couldn't let the gift she was sent fly away and join one of the feral fairs of fire lizards that swarmed all throughout the Weyr. Anguish's first eggs deserved more than that! Instantly Amra was on her feet and dusting off her skirt, her eyes open the entire way for once, a rarity in her life. Both of her fire lizards hopped into the air and danced erratically around her head, picking up on her worry and alarm in the form of some crazy looking dance that likely looked all but deranged to outside eyes. Including Vennodren's!

"Oh I'm so sorry I have to cut this so short! But I can't let that egg just hatch and run off wild, it was a gift. I have to find someone to give that lizard to and fast if it's hatching. I hope you can forgive me Venn." Training taking back hold of her despite it all, Amra clapped her hands together and bowed to her newest friend in much the same way she would have one of her masters back in the Hall. For all that it was rushed it still managed to come across as graceful, but her eyes betrayed it and inwardly she knew it and was laughing at herself for it. "I'll meet up with you later today, you'll have to tell me how your new little green handles it all with you and her older sister."

With that she straightened out her bowed body, turned and ran, Seirath torn between her sister and her rider for only the briefest of moments managed to break out of her reverie by hugging Nzambith with a wing and tearing off after her fleet footed rider. In light of the events she was actually crowing with excitement to see another egg hatch and the small green was off like a shot on her short legs, wings tucked tight to her body.

I love you my sister, tell me everything next we meet!

SilverLutz
I hadn't actually intended to end it so fast, but the way this post started to turn it ended up happening naturally. XD Whups! Run Amra run!

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff