Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Spooky Weyrlings] Month 1 :: Week 2 | Health Assessment Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:06 pm
Lunch had finished, and the weyrlings had been told to assemble in front of the Barracks in the Bowl. Both rider and dragon were expected to attend, and the lesson would begin precisely on time. Anyone late from lunch would certainly hear about it.

Liat was a maternal sort of figure, but she was also quite firm in her rules. To be early is to be on time, and to be on time is to be late, was one of the first lessons the weyrlings learned. She had high expectations, and dawdling was not something she tolerated. The weyrlings would learn to move hurriedly from one place to another; talking during lectures was more than frowned upon, and she would not hesitate to call out said individuals and ask what exactly was more important than the life-saving lessons she and her assistants would be giving. In many instances, when one was punished, the entire class would be.

Liat was not here to make friends, her job was to keep these pairs alive throughout training, and ensure they would be a full-fledged wingrider upon graduation. Each lesson would build on the one before it, and all were to be taken seriously -- this sort of training wasn't a game, and she didn't care how old her weyrlings were, or how much they thought they knew about dragon riding.

Today was no different.

Orioth rested behind his rider as the weyrlings began to approach. His swirled blue hide glistened in the sun, and he rumbled fond greeting to each of the pairs as they neared. If you could line up in a half-circle, please, side by side, that would be best for now. His eyes whirled a happy green, though he was quietly assessing each of the pair as they approached -- did their hide look well, did any look to be limping, were their wings folded properly, were there any visible cuts or scrapes, were their tails properly tapered -- but he knew they would get a closer assessment soon.

She waited until it was time for the lesson to begin, and took note of any faces scrambling in during the last minute. "Good afternoon, Sparks," she called the group by their weyrling name. Sparks Rising was one of the few temporary wing names given to a particular group of weyrlings. They would carry the wing name with them until they graduated and were officially tapped into an active Fighting Wing. Then the name would go back into rotation. Many riders within Western Weyr were from Sparks Rising, and it could often given the weyrlings a sense of comraderie to some of the older riders of the Weyr.

"Today's yours second official Health Assessment. I will call you up individually to discuss any concerns, ailments, or issues that might be plaguing you or your weyrling. Don't hesitate to inform us if something seems amiss -- the more we know, the healthier you and your bonded will be. The sooner we catch something wrong, the sooner we can make plans to fix it.

"While you wait for me to call you, I want you guys to spend time bonding with those you don't know well. You are all part of the same team, and are wingmates. You will be relying on one another as the sevenday's pass. I don't want to see the same faces only interacting with their close friends. Spread out. Talk. Learn something new about one of your wingmates, and remember it, because I'll be asking you once you come up for your assessment. Your dragons are to do the same."

Glancing at the group, she chose her first victim. "Shahera & Therianth! You're up. You can socialize with strangers after your assessment."

- - - -

OOC: Sparks Rising, you're up! Your little dragons are just under two weeks old for this lesson. By this point your weyrling should be starting to understand the expectations of weyrlinghood. Liat is a fairly approachable Weyrlingmaster, though she can be quite stern when it comes to listening, obeying orders, and punctuality. Her blue, Orioth, is a very paternal blue and enjoys fussing and playing with the little weyrlings -- but like his rider, can be stern if they start getting out of line.

The Weyrlings have only had one check-up a few days after Hatching, and this now will be their second! Liat will be looking for common ailments that dragon babies tend to suffer from, and each assessment will happen mostly one-on-one. Liat will call the weyrling forward, check them over with Orioth, and ask a few questions, and then send them back to continue bonding with their group.

If you want there to be something wrong with your dragonet -- whether your rider is aware or not -- or your rider has some concerns, either let me know in your tag or you can roll for it!

If you want a little fun you can roll from this list when Liat calls your weyrling up!
Common Dragonet Ailments
1. Sensitive Stomach
2. Broken/Tender Nail
3. Infected Cut / Scrape
4. Overly Itchy Dragon
5. New Dry Patch of Skin
6. Severe Dry Patch of Skin
7. Thicktail
8. Strained Muscle
9. Cracked Skin
10. Bitten Tongue
11. Regurgitation Post-Meals
12. Lethargic
13. Overeating/Bloatedness
14. Overweight for Color
15. Underweight for Color
16. Muscle Cramps
17. Rash from Over Oiling
18. Toothache
19. Dehydration
20. Sprained Muscle

If you want your dragon to be in good health, that's okay too! Same if you want to come up with your own issue, or just pick something (or multiple somethings) from the list that would make sense for your dragonet. I just wanted to offer some fun! Just let me know in your response to Liat's summons.

Remember, mistakes happen so possible injuries or wounds are common. This is only your weyrlings second week, and Liat does not expect them to know the signs for every possible issue. The hatchlings might even be trying to hide their illness or hurt from their rider. All of this is okay! No one will be punished, but they will be taught how to remedy the situation, reminded of the signs, and possibly sent to a dragonhealer for extra aid if necessary. This is all a learning experience!

I will have Liat call up pairs as they finish with their assessment, and will quote the next pair! If you are interested in getting your health assessment, just write some sort of tag here, and I'll have Liat call up another pair after I finish with Faesinger's weyrling pair.

Anyone who doesn't post will just be assumed to have their pair checked up on, so no pressure!

For those waiting, remember, you're supposed to be meeting new faces! So if you want to tag someone your character doesn't know well, go for it! Or, if you don't want to interact with others, just post something so I know you're interested in an assessment, and then wait for me to get to you!

Once Liat calls you up, feel free to respond ICly but also roll the dice, mention how their health is overall, or do a mix of both OOCly so I can have Liat respond accordingly!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:25 pm
Come on.

No.

L'nik's jaw had been sore for a few days and after seeing a healer himself, he'd been able to attest that it wasn't him he was feeling, but rather the fussy brown who had been trying to raise a stink all through their Lunch that he was fine and that this lesson was dumb and he didn't want to go. Still, the more he fed Hessianth, the more his jaw felt sore. And while he couldn't very well deny his brown a meal - he was a big growing boy, after all, and L'nik knew he was going to have a weed in Hessianth - he didn't want it to be painful.

Or get worse.

Unfortunately, Hessianth had a mind of his own, and even after two weeks, L'nik didn't have it entirely reigned in. Liat had made it clear that he was supposed to be in charge. They couldn't have Hessianth trying to bounce out of lessons. He'd tried. L'nik had physically dragged the brown back into the room and then they'd both gotten in trouble. Hessianth was bitter about it.

We're going, Hessianth. This isn't a debate. It is now! he challenged and L'nik set his jaw so tightly that both rider and dragon winced. He reached out with both hands to run his fingers along the rides on the brown's head. Despite his best attempts to remain firm, Hessianth melted against his chosen's knee, kreeling with delight. You're my best boy, Hessianth. I just want to make sure it doesn't get worse. Come on. he pressed. Hessianth still wasn't convinced.

The fact L'nik wasn't the last one to arrive would be a miracle in and of itself, having to half drag the brown there in his arms. Certainly, he would be frowned upon, but he was still working on the 'drag him there by the mind' aspect of things. Hessianth gave Orioth a slight look of concern as they settled into the position dictated. Not that he felt threatened by the larger blue, but rather in that he still didn't want to be there and Orioth was being so nice. Did everybody else know what they were getting into?

Hessianth rumbled with discontent as Liat gave the lowdown on what the plan for the day was, his apprehension tugging at L'nik's mind and L'nik gave it a testing tug back. You'll be fine. That's what you say.

"At least we get to spend a few minutes making a friend, right?" he offered out loud, perhaps as a conversation starter. His brown eyed the rest of the group, then looked up at L'nik. As long as it isn't Strigonth or Illiandith's. Or a few others he had in mind, but L'nik was thankful for a moment that it was only him hearing it.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:27 pm
Shahera had planted herself in the half circle a little off to the left of center. Therianth was excited as always and waving her tail back and forth happily. In her mind it was time to learn a new game after all, what could not be good right then?

When called forward, Therianth surged forward before Shahera was even moving. Come on mine! We get to go first! Isn’t that wonderful? Shahera was less sure that being first was best as it meant stepping into the unknown first as well. There was nothing that could change it though. Once Liat said ‘jump’ a Weyrling jumped.

Shahera had been trying to watch out for issues with Therianth during the last two weeks. Therianth maintained that nothing was wrong. That nail? It was just scuffed. The slight limp after jumping over a rock? Nothing. At least Shahera had managed to keep Therianth’s diet controlled and skin healthy. It was mostly exertion issues that she was worried about. Maybe having the instructions coming from someone else would convince Therianth that she was not invulnerable and needed to take some care.

Therianth reached Liat and presented herself proudly before the Weyrlingmaster. She was in perfect health, yes she was! Therianth’s squirmed only a little in her effort to be still. Shahera approached just slightly later and stood next to Therianth. With a slight gesture to Therianth’s back right leg Shahera told Liat, “I am most worried about her leg. She is favoring it even though she is trying to hide it.”

Therianth gave Shahera an offended look. I am in perfect health, mine. See? Therianth did a little twirl to show off her perfection, ending up facing Liat with a happy grin. Shahera simply waited for Liat’s assessment.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:20 pm
Today was a very rare day, if only because Aleyath was actually listening, doing the things O'len asked of him without argument. Not that the brown ever truly argued in the traditional sense of the word, he simply nodded attentively, his eyes swirling an agreeable blue, then did whatever he pleased.

They appeared on time to the wing's checkup, the dragon taking a seat at his rider's feet and watching Therianth's assessment with curiosity.

Gonna go talk to somebody now, he declared, remaining exactly where he was.

Yes. Liat and Orioth are expecting us to get to know your siblings better. Generally, framing requests as adventures rather than obligations yielded the best results with his young charge, but O'len figured now was as good a time as any to emphasize that there would be certain orders that they would be required to follow, fun or not.

Hm. But I know them all.

Well, I don't know their riders. Why don't you go have a chat with L'nik's and introduce me?

Aleyath sent the mental equivalent of a shrug, pairing it with a slight heft of his wing. Maybe. If a sparklier brother didn't come along.

Smerdle

Scamp

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:01 pm
Vennodren and Nzambith plodded along to their lesson, the human with an eager look on his face and the dragon with her usual melancholy expression. Ever since the hatching things had been going rather well, everything was new and exciting, and a sense of relief had settled over the older weyrling. He had finally been chosen, he finally had a companion, and he could finally proceed with his studies. There were only so many basic courses he could take before they started to get repetitive and a bit dull. Now all those years of practice and study were going to good use.

Come along, Nzambith, we don't want to be late he said cheerfully to the little green dragon who lifted her head as she was addressed. A little sigh left her as she picked up her plodding pace, although her tail still dragged behind her as it always had since she left the shell, her wings drooping at her sides.

Will this be as it was last time? she asked, her voice a bit dreary sounding. Venn didn't pay it much mind, though, already used to the gloomy girl that was his life partner.

I'm not sure, dearest. We'll find out, though. Look, we're not the first to arrive. Indeed, there were a few others gathered already and more came as they waited for the welcome from Liat and Orioth. Once more of the weyrlings had arrived they were told what was expected of them and as soon as they were told to mingle, Venn glanced around. He knew all of the faces that were present, but there were those he had never really spoken to outside of classes. He glanced beside him and found L'nik and his brown, the latter of which was looking rather grumpy. He gave the two a little smile and nodded at them in greeting.

"I feel like we're all somewhat 'friends' already having been through so much together," he said with a smile. Nzambith peered around her rider's legs, bobbing her head at her brother slowly.

"How's it been so far?" he added, glancing down at the brown. Hessianth had a similar mouth marking to Nzambith, although his was more of a toothy grin while hers was more of a grimace. It was always interesting to see what the hatchlings looked like as they rarely shared markings that the parents had.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:22 am
Hessianth regarded his green sister from around her chosen's leg in turn, moving from L'nik's side to offer a headbump of solidarity to Nzambith. She was a pleasant enough green to spend time with, after all. L'nik watched the pair for a moment before looking up to Vennodren and offering a smile. "A little bit. I feel like some of us had a far different experience than others at the Hatching, though, and Liat isn't wrong in that perhaps some of us have had uh....a handful to deal with since," he pointedly looked down at Hessianth. He'd nearly hyper focused on trying to make sure the brown didn't just do whatever he wanted.

"He's been a handful, but he's my handful at least," he noted and Hessianth looked up innocently. Your hands aren't full of anything else, he noted idly,tail thumping on the ground before he looked back to Nzambith. I'm feeling particularly well. I don't see why I should be here when I don't need a check-up, he insisted, ignoring the skeptical look from his rider.

SilverLutz

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:15 am
G'ryl was in a poor mood this day. The lessons had been a struggle, he'd barely slept between caring for Sarcoth and his chores the past couple days, and his wounds were still healing. At least the itchy facial bandages had been removed, leaving the side of his face covered in nearly-healed scars. He still had a walking cast on for his broken ankle – they'd told him another fortnight or two before it came off – and his lacerated leg wasn't completely back to normal, it would take just as long for that to heal too.

That and his back was unreasonably itchy as they made their way into the gathering spot, his expression sour and Sarcoth's eyes whirling blue-green with shots of orange. The brown seemed twitchy today, his tail slowly arcing back and forth like an irate cat's.

Mine, I am fine. You are the one still recovering. The tone was blunt, almost exaperated as they joined the circle, the brown looking around at their cohort. And I do not expect you to mingle, they can come to us if they desire, I won't have your injuries last any longer than neccessary.

G'ryl shook his head. Being injured had in fact impeded his ability to participate in the lessons as thoroughly as he would have liked and it meant he'd had to rely on the help of Candidates to ensure his dragon was properly cared for. Recently, he'd insisted on doing more himself and it had proven to be that much more exhausting. Wounds like his didn't heal immediately.

G'ryl cast a wary glance around for the demonic dragonet and was grateful when he didn't immediately spot the sadistic creature. He had no doubts that one would take pleasure in seeing the damage would have lasting effects... The brownrider touched his face, running his fingers lightly over the scars now etched in his flesh. That would be one day he'd never forget, that was certain.

Sarcoth nosed into G'ryl then, breaking the weyrling's reverie, Look, see, others are finding people to talk to, we can stand here and wait.

He nodded, Standing too long still gets uncomfortable, you know.

----

[[Tag to whomever wants to interact!

It takes ~6 weeks for an ankle to heal, ~6 weeks for the type of laceration he has on his thigh, and ~3 weeks for the facial lacerations, so G'ryl is still... pretty worse for wear.]]  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:56 am
Hessianth's headbump made Nzambith trill softly and she nuzzled her larger brother's neck affectionately. Out of all the rowdy siblings she had, Hessianth was one she appreciated for his sense of humor. Indeed, his comment about L'nik's hands not being full tickled her and she gave a soft internal laugh before prodding her brother's side with her nose.

Do you not enjoy the lessons, brother? she asked him, curiosity in her dull voice. She herself didn't care one way or the other, but Venn was always so excited to go to the various classes that she was simply pleased to make him happy. It was for that reason that she enjoyed coming even if she knew this time they were going to be poked and prodded a bit.

Venn chuckled softly at L'nik's comment and he nodded slightly in agreement. He had spoken with Amra during the feast and she seemed to be in the same boat. He thought himself fortunate that his own little companion was of lower energy and that she didn't seem keen on getting into mischief. His only concerns were with her heath as she rarely seemed as spunky as a dragonet should be and that no matter how much he fed her - which was quite a lot in his opinion - she still looked a bit underweight. But that's why they were here, to address concerns and to ensure they hadn't looked over anything in their excitement.

"He picked you for a reason," he agreed before changing the subject a bit. "It will be quite interesting to see everyone gathered here today. I've noticed some of the bronzes and browns starting to gain on their siblings." He glanced down at the two dragons by their feet and indeed Hessianth was noticeably larger than Nzambith. They were both still quite small by dragon standards but the next few weeks and months were going to go by in a flash and soon they'd be assigned Wings and be making harnesses...it was intimidating but exciting to think about.

demon_pachabel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:04 pm
Lessons were exhausting, Jailla had learned, but not as exhausting as taking care of Micheth. The blue was quiet and spoke few words, and she was still getting used to knowing how he felt in addition to her own things. He was reluctant, though, to stand near his clutch siblings.

I know all of them, I don't-- he protested.

Jailla led him towards Hessianth and Nzambith; she knew the dragons by name, but didn't know much about their riders. She ignored Micheth's protests. "You have to learn to get along with others," she said. "You might make friends if you give them a chance." He certainly seemed to like Phayton's blue.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:28 pm
He returned Nzambith's head bump, bugling back at her. Mine grew up with a dragon. He knows what he's doing! Even he doesn't want to be there! Hessianth explained and L'nik promptly dragged his hand down his face. I can take care of you, but you need to play nice with your siblings and we both need to learn to fight thread. L'nik reminded the brown for what felt like the hundredth time. Hessianth was unmoved. Well when do we get to that? he protested eagerly. This brown was ready to get to the good stuff! Will you let your siblings fall behind and beneath you because you rushed ahead before they were ready? L'nik asked and Hessianth visibly flinched.

That was most definitely not what he wanted.

I would enjoy it more if it weren't so boring he decided with some finality, and L'nik agreed.

"He's certainly a broad little guy. Speedy little thing too. I get quite the workout chasing him when he's trying to go off on whatever trek he's decided that day. Maybe he just needs some extra motivation to stay in the room." maybe this idea of making friends with everybody had some merit. If he had someone to talk with, he'd at least not be so bored, right?

He looked away from Venn when Jailla approached with her blue, offering her a friendly nod. "How've you been holding up?"

SilverLutz

Thaliawen

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:53 pm
Come Amramine, we'll make it and still be early enough to meet some of my siblings and their bonded, I'm so excited! Hurry hurry!

Running about her beloved bonded's ankles Seirath fluttered her wings and did her best to act graceful despite her excitement. The little green wove her body to and fro right up until Amra scooped her into her strong arms, giving a gentle trill she wrapped her tail about her waist. Having not expected such a clingy move the teenager gave a very soft chuckle and finally lengthened her strides with her steps no longer impeded by an emotional dragon. Lunch had been a short affair today with her dragon boiling over to go and spend time with her siblings and show off her glowing health.

Deep in her own heart Amra was actually worried that she wasn't doing everything that she could be for her lovely green. Seirath wasn't overly fond of eating when she could be the center of attention and it was hard having an argument with a dragonet that just wanted to show off and impress others. If she had spent less time paying attention to her studies she at least was happy that she could use her memory techniques to try and pull up things she had missed while worrying about the general state of her dragon. Obviously this was new to her and all of those she was taking the classes with, so she was grateful that she wasn't the only one that seemed to be worried.

Once in the semi-circle she let her squirming green down and watched through gray eyes as she executed a little twirl and cast about for who to talk to first. Eyes landing on her quiet blue brother, the little green danced her way over to him and beckoned Amra to follow her example with a swish of her delicate spiraled tail.

Hello beloved brothers, are you excited for the health assessment? I'm sure the two of you will do splendidly with such beautiful growth.

Take it down a notch or so Seirath.

Following a few steps behind her vibrant green, the dark girl stood comfortably watching the interactions happening around her that ranged from Therianth's assessment to the little brown dragon and his tattered bonded.

Thaliawen

demon_pachabel

SkieBorne
My bad!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:21 pm
J'lar was still getting accustomed to the new Weyr, and of course, the new feelings that were constantly pouring through him. His chubby little blue was perhaps not as active as some of the other weyrlings, but he certainly had a lot of emotions and feelings to sort through. When he wasn't bemoaning the fate of the Weyr to Threadfall, or weeping over riders and dragons that were wounded, or worse, those that died, the little blue was attached to J'lar by the hip. It was clear that his dragonet wasn't the most social of creatures... and yet, he also knew just how desperately the little grey-eyed baby wanted to be close to his siblings.

J'lar, for his part, didn't seem to mind being on the outskirts. He knew Roknhin, but hadn't had an opportunity to speak much to him since they both Impressed; a few other faces were familiar, but the majority of individuals at the Weyr were completely new. He was a stranger in a strange land, and was so focused on caring and calming Loreleth, that he hadn't spent as much time in getting to know his class mates. Unfortunately, it seemed as if bonding with them was something weyrlings needed to do, as Liat spent many of the early lessons focusing on the bond between dragon and rider, and fellow weyrlings.

Unfortunately, socializing had never been his strong point. He'd struggled while a Candidate, and all but gave up on it after he'd aged out. Now he was here, and honestly, none of them mattered as much as his little blue. But, if it was for the good of Loreleth, than J'lar would make an attempt to reach out.

Loreleth huddled close to J'lar's legs they were generally dismissed. He didn't know any of them, outside of Roknhin, so going over to the brown rider wasn't going to work. "Come on. Let's go find someone to talk to." He encouraged the little blue, who still leaned shyly against his legs. He could feel the worry radiate within the gentle blue.

What if one of them is sick? He creeled anxiously, glancing back as Theriant made her way up to Liat and Orioth. What if one of them is dying? J'lar could feel the panic creeping up, but he leaned down, and stroked Loreleth's headknobs and eyeridges. He tried to send a swell of support, reassurance, and comfort -- which did seem to work, or at least limit his blue's fear.

"They'll be just fine. We don't have to go far, and you can still keep an eye on their assessment, eh?" He compromised, glancing around at the group. Some of the group seemed to have already gathered, so he tried to find someone he didn't know at all. Closest to him was a brown rider... O'len was his name, at least he thought it was. Honestly, he could have picked any one in the group, but he figured, for now, this was as good as any. Stepping closer, the large man gave a small grunt and nod in greeting. "Hey," he greeted, trying not to look as awkward as he felt. "Loreleth wanted to come say hello," he fudged the truth, knowing full well that his little butterball hadn't said a word about it. But it wasn't entirely a lie -- past his worry, he knew the blue dragon did want to reach out to his siblings and connect.

Still clinging close to J'lar, the dark blue dragon shyly peeked out around his leg and looked at Alyeth and then O'len. The softest shade of yellow-green seemed to break through the grey of grief and sadness. Ever so gently, he finally made a worried and quiet greeting his own. H-hello...You and Yours look well. His words to Alyeth were full of relief.

Smerdle
Hope you don't mind the intrusion!

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:48 pm
The brown hopped to his feet as Loreleth and His approached, moving closer to the blue at a rather graceful bounce. He kept his chin lifted ever so slightly, peripherally aware of the other's doomsday tendencies and not really in the mood for Any Of That. Happy eyes, brother! Life was grand, fun, marvelous, and even if this whole checkup thing was proving to be a little boring, no one was dead! Yet.

Hi, yes! We're good! How are you? He might have been hoping for one of his ever-so-shiny bronze siblings to show up, but when faced with the reality of their self-importance, anyone who approached him was worthwhile too.

O'len, amused by his dragon's rapid shift in attention, smiled broadly at J'lar as he reached up to clap the man on the shoulder. It was rare for him to feel dwarfed by anyone, but the future bluerider certainly did that. "Hello to you both. How are you settling in?" He might not have been sure of the man's name, but he had heard that he was one of the handful from High Reaches. If there was one thing more harrowing than arriving mere months before Impressing, it was probably being shipped over from another Weyr entirely.

Masterharper
of course not come here omnomnom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:51 pm
faesinger

Orioth rumbled happily as the green came forward, though both he and his rider were clearly scrutinizing the pair. The two looked generally all right -- Therianth's color looked good, for all that she was a muted hue, and her rider looked to be in one piece. But there were other things that seemed off -- the limp was definitely something to look into, and could be anything from a sprain to an infection to a fractured bone.

Liat's eyebrows knit, though her smile didn't waver. "How long as she been favoring it?" She asked, leaning close to better look over the dragonet. "And may I?" She asked both Therianth and Shahera, before taking their cue to touch. Her hands were gentle, her touch similar to that of a feather; she didn't need to be very hands on, but enough to ensure neither Shahera's eyes, nor her own, deceived. She reached out to run hands along the others back, checking the skin to ensure there was no dry patches that weren't yet visible, and the texture felt right for the growing babe. She noted the green's eyes, and had her turn her head this way and that, as well as open her jaw so she could look at her tongue and gums. She was gentle when she did need to touch, She picked up each foot and examined the nails -- noting quietly that there was a broken claw that had been broken far back and was likely tender. "Any changes in diet, temperament, or feelings?" She asked the young woman.

But it was that back leg that Shahera had mentioned that caused her the most concern. "Does it hurt when it bends, or when it flexes? Therianth, sweetie, I'm going to need you to pick up your back leg, and I'll need you to tell Orioth, or your rider how it feels. Can you stretch it back for us, as far as you can until it either hurts, or until you can't stretch anymore? And what about when you bring it forward?" After directing the green to move her leg, she did reach forward to wiggle the little ones toes, jut to make sure nothing seemed tender or broken.

How bad does it hurt, little one? And can you share the pain with me? Orioth asked the green, quite willing to share the sensation to help pinpoint a diagnosis.

Liat wasn't overly alarmed, but wanted to ensure the root cause wasn't something severe. "And how have you been keeping up, Shahera? Therianth seems energetic as ever."

((I kind of made a few assumptions to keep the RP going. x3 ))

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:09 am
Rennati and Rouenth made their way to the instructed location, not the first ones for once, but never ever late. They listened politely to the directions given by the Weyrling master and her dragon before complying swiftly. With a guiding hand on the blues headnob, they made their way to the very end of the semicircle, to where the sun was on their backs as much as it could be for two reasons: the sun seemed to be Rouenth's biggest foe. It made her have her concerns about him, especially when their classes were during the day sometimes in the sun and sometimes they were lucky and they weren't. Those, obviously were the ones the pair liked the best.

Ren held in a yawn that threatened as they took up their post at the end of the semicircle. Rouenth insisted they make their spot there as he'd have the best view of most of his siblings and theirs. The young woman nodded, it sounded like a good plan which wouldn't involve her having to go talk to many. Her foot tapped gently with nervous energy which would be very noticeable next to the stoic Rouenth if anyone were to look at the pair. While she might have been brave while she was home, once she transferred to western because Rouenth deemed her worthy of him, that bravery seemed to hide itself as she tried to adjust.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff