[Festival] Tree Ceremony Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elawadiyi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 am
User Image

((Please reply whenever you can. It will not be one at a time, so hopefully it doesn't take too long to finish everything.

You will post your lion approaching Skan Kanati. (include their full name!) He or she will need to offer something small, like a bit of hair. Skan will toss it into a pile of smoldering herbs and plants, and from the way the smoke swirls, he will determine what clan they will be. I will roll in the same post as he does this (probably a cookie-cutter post, but I will do my best to make each post unique for you), and so you will see what clan your lion goes into. If you want to rp a response to this, feel free to do so!

The dice:
1. Bird
2. Earth
3. Mantis
4. Shadow
5. Sky
6. Wolf

If you have any questions, please PM Ecavi or Safaia.))

Tree Applications, 2017

Roll Clan
Arezo bint Sareh (KasaiLoki) - Shadow ♥
Aric (KasaiLoki) - Wolf ♥
Koyu'kani (Talencia) - Sky ♥
Mnandi (ChaosTheories)
Monera (Syrius Lionwing) ♥
Nakuota (ChaosTheories)
Onuris (Alpaca Chobi)
Tale (Kivras) - Wolf ♥

Requested Clan
Amare (SSBrosB) - Sky ♥
Anwen (Lady Kitania) - Bird
Eschrich (AstoriaFallen) - Mantis
Iðunn (Safaia) - Shadow
Iqhawe (belloblossom) - Wolf
Otieno (AstoriaFallen) - Wolf
Porphyrios (Syrius Lionwing) - Sky ♥
Vincentio (Depawsit) - Sky

♥ = posted

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:17 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Another year, another festival. Skan had mixed feelings about the festival this year. It was a time to reflect on the past, as well as the future; his mind was wrapped up in the past. His daughter had disappeared last year during the festival, and though he didn't know all of the details, he still felt sorrow when he had to face it without Yinehi's bright smile. Dohi, the Bird's alu'nadi, was doing her best to face the festival this year without her sister, but the wanidatsi still worried. Putting on a brave face didn't necessarily heal a broken heart.

Still, he needed to focus on the present. The joining pool of lions was a healthy number this year; a good amount to strength the clans without putting too much stress on their prey-beast populations.

The heavily tattooed male was laying in his usual spot for the Tree Festvail; a small groove in the ground that had started to develop over the years of performing this rite. An ashy pile of herbs laid before him, with an extra stock of said herbs to his left. His paws were already a bit dirty from preparation, and he exhaled slowly to allow his mind to relax to a more meditative state.

He was ready.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:26 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.-
-
-

"Thank you. I will find my way."

Finding her way had been a bit harder than she thought, and even after asking for directions and getting a detailed mental map, she took longer than she initially intended. That was fine, she din't want to seem to eager, and she didn't want to manage to be the first there. After all, she wasn't looking to be the center of attention, she only wanted to live her life with family and friends. Something that she felt this pride offered her.

Without any time at all, she found her way to the spot. Even when lost, she still managed. Some sort of interesting talent she had, really.

One of her pride and joys was her mane. Although not considered 'full', Tale always felt a strange surge of...something when she had before been referred to as he. It was this pride that made her take a small chunk of mane as an offering, a sign of her commitment to being in this pride.

"I am Tale..." Her name rolled off her tongue too quickly, in contrast to the names of those she'd met within the pride so far. So short. Still the task at hand was what was important, and the tuft of mane was offered to the wanidatsi. "I am honored."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:42 pm
User Image

Aric had traveled far to get to where he was now. He hadn’t expected to join a pride after the dispersal of the Kusini’mwezi, yet, here he was, small satchel around his shoulder, standing with a few others looking to gain access to the pride.

The charcoal lion exhaled softly, shifting the small bag made of large leaves woven together. Inside, dried plants he acquired over his travels, a claw he had found stuck in a tree of the old Kilango’ta forests, and a worn antelope’s antler. He wasn’t sure what he would use those particular trinkets for, but he’d find something one day.

Blue eyes watched as another went before him up to the large tattooed male. He shifted on his feet, feeling the sense of nervousness wash over him. He shook himself of those feelings, now was not to time to get cold feet.

Walking up to the Wanidatsi, the lion introduced himself. “I am called Aric,” his name was given to him in remembrance of a fallen family member. The charcoal lion debated what to offer the lion, but ultimately decided on grabbing a tuft of mane and pulled. A few strands of the green hair were grasped in his claws, as he handed it over. His sight flickered to the smoldering plants, curious to know what was being used for such a reaction in smoke, and intrigued to see what would happen next.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:50 am
((don't have his uncert with me just yet sorry! Will edit to put it in!))
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Amare had slowly followed some of the others towards the lion that all of the newcomers were supposed to give an offering too. Amare had been trying to absorb as much information of the pride as possible, since he had heard of it and had made the long journey here. After all, he did not want to lose his pride again. If he wasn't accepted that would be fine, but to be able to join and then get kicked out for some small reason that he could have avoided? It just couldn't happen.

And so, he made his way a bit more slowly towards the are he was supposed to go, trying to get a bit of the layout of the pride and see as many members who were in it, hopefully so he could recognize them later. It was getting a bit harder to do so... after all he was quite an old lion. But he needed the stimulation that he got from being surrounded by others than from only caring about survival like he had as a rogue.

Finally though, he had made it to the lion who would determine, somehow, which clan they would go into. Amare bowed his head a bit, trying to be respectful to the other. "I am Amare and I am pleased that I have been given this opportunity to join your pride." He said, as he grabbed a bit of fur and handed it to the lighter lion as an offering.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:11 am

Koyu gazed around himself with his one eye, taking in those who were to be his brothers and sisters in his new pride. It had been so long since he had belonged, as himself rather than an object. The faces he saw around him were so different from those he'd been surrounded by when he'd become a slave... a thrall. These faces were laughing, gentle, sober, thoughtful, serene. There was no brittleness, anger, suspicion, resentment, or fury. Even among those who, like him, were seeking to join their number, were of the same sort as those already part of the pride. Oh, they were easy to distinguish, or so he thought... those of the pride bore tattoos scrawled across their bodies. He wasn't entirely certain how he felt about that, but in order to belong somewhere peaceful and calming, he'd practically have given his other eye, much less endure having his hide marked up in such a manner.

He waited quietly for his turn, and when it came, he stepped up to the pale lion. He solemnly pinned his tail down with one forepaw and used his other to pluck hairs from it. He surrendered them to the wanidatsi, speaking quietly. "I am Koyu'kani, and I seek to become one of the Ela'wadiyi." It wasn't flowery or flattering, but he felt it was sufficient. It was plain and honest, as he sought to be. No more violence, bitterness, or anger for him. This was a firm step on the path of a better life for the one-eyed male.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:09 pm
Kivras

The first to arrive was this Tale. She had an interesting coat, and clearly took some pride in her mane if that was the item to be offered for the smoldering pile of herbs. He took the offering carefully, letting the hair fall into the pile, watching the smoke curl within itself. The twists and turns were interesting, seemingly losing itself into the movements as it reached towards the sky above.

"Tale, your new home is to be within the Wolf clan. You should find your new clanmates waiting for you. Welcome to the Ela'wadiyi."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:21 pm
User Image

She did not know what brought her to the pride, yet here she was, in a lineup, waiting to be initiated into it. It had been awhile since her own pride had dispersed. Her family was already gone, so all she could really do at this point was start anew, right?

Arezo bint Sareh sighed as she watched a few other lions approach the burly tattooed male. The lions of this pride were definitely intriguing, those older or born in bearing more tattoos then one who had joined. The lioness that had brought her here, her name forgotten in Arezo's mine, bore few. She had told her she had joined many years ago.

Maybe it was the talk with that particular lioness and her bird familiar that made her want to stay. Whatever the reason, the beige female found herself approaching the male. Others had already introduced themselves to him, and clans were being announced. Arezo plucked a few strands of her blonde forelock from her head, handing it over to Skan.

"I am Arezo bint Sareh," she used her full name, although most called her Arezo or Are for short. Shifting a bit on her paws, she paused before speaking her next words, "thank you for welcoming us into the pride."  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:37 pm
KasaiLoki

The next one to approach him did seem more nervous than the first. Though he could guess what it would feel like to pledge your loyalty and settle into a new pride, Skan would never truly know what it felt like. He always offered a little patience to the newer members, hoping that patience offered would in turn be offered to another clan mate in the future.

"Welcome, Aric," Skan said with a nod, taking the green strands of fur and settling them on the pile. It flared up a bit, greedily consuming the bits of mane and fur before the smoke swirled away into the sky above. Once it had gotten high enough, it seemed to spread out further than normal...interesting.

"You'll find your new family within the Wolf clan. I thank you for coming here today, Aric."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:47 pm
SSBrosB

Skan sighed, stretching his forelegs and shifting the weight on his hind ones. This year's ceremony was going smoothly, and he was grateful for his daughter's help in prepping the herbs and helping to herd the new members to the right area. To anyone new, the Ela'wadiyi would seem like a dizzying maze of lion bodies, trying to differentiate clans and ranks could be a bit overwhelming. As long as there were no more disappearances, he could be satisfied.

The next one to approach was an older lion, taking in the sights and sounds of the pride. Skan wondered if it would take a bit of an adjustment for him to become comfortable with the pride...but that would be the task of the alu'nadi in his future clan.

He accepted the offering, rubbing the fur into the herbs. His own paw darkened a bit from the dirt and ash, but the curling of the fur was giving Skan the bit of foresight he needed to guide this new member to his new clan. He was a seer after all, and a decent one at that.

"Amare. I have seem glimpses of what is to come, and I can assure you that your new home is within the Sky Clan. Welcome to the Ela'wadiyi."

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:59 pm
Talencia

Skan didn't quite need his Seer's sight to see that the next lion who approached him had had a rough life. It was rare that one who had a hard life came to the Ela'wadiyi; though they themselves were originally refugees, the growth of the rogue blood in the pride made that a history that was nearly lost. Skan didn't forget; he was normally wary of rogues, especially those with dark/black fur.

But Skan didn't feel any mix of fear or disgust with the lion the approached him. He only felt a need to help.

"You will find your home here," Skan replied quietly, keeping his tone low. Skan could feel the power of his sight pulling at him, a blessing and a curse that had been handed to him from his mother's might.

"The Ela'wadiyi will take care of you. It is a simple life of migration and peace, and I hope that you will find the life you have been searching for within the Sky clan. Welcome, Koyu'kani."

Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:10 pm
KasaiLoki

"Welcome."

Skan watched the next lioness with interest. She seemed to have an interesting story. One that Skan wasn't sure if he would ever hear, but the way she carried herself just told him that she was different. She came from somewhere different than many of those that joined, and she seemed ot exude more confidence than many new members. He hoped that would only rub off on everyone else that still needed to approach him, the wanidatsi.

"Thank you for offering a part of yourself to be placed within our ranks," he said to her as he accepted her fur, and dropped it onto the growing pile of ash and herbs. The fur twisted and curled quickly, disappearing into the smoldering herbs. The smoke was thin, but still legible to his trained eye.

"Arezo bint Sareh," he started. "You have a new life within our Shadow clan, and I welcome you to your new home."

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:02 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Porphyrios was excited, it was actually quite difficult for him to keep his feelings in check. Mainly because he was in love. He’d never been in love before and it had caused all sorts of unusual, giddy emotions and the longing to join, to be a part of, something. That was why he was here on this stage, before this small, yet intimidating male.

He had been raised in a pride where there was only one male, one king and all others had to leave he had been chased as a young adolescent just like his brothers before him, but unlike a few of his brothers whom had returned to challenge the leadership, he had moved on preferring to roam alone.

That was of course until he met her. He knew of course that he had entered a prides lands. All lands smelled differently and this one smelled of lions, lots and lots of lions. Having always been a loner he wasn’t one to believe in superstitions and the most superstitious of these was love at first sight. Who knew it could really happen? Leisa had stollen his heart, mind and soul. He needed to be with her and so here he was upon a new, possibly more stable adventure a leap in to a pride.

Approaching the pale lion the brightly coloured male tipped his head and deposited that which he found most dear, a lock of his ladies hair entwined with his own violet mane. Hopefully the offering was satisfactory he wanted to run back to his girl asap and let her know that he was staying forever.

——

Monera was feeling a little solemn, the occasion seemed to be rather serious and though in general she was a genial lioness she felt she had to super serious here. This was after all the start of a new experiment. It seemed like an age had passed since her pride and disbanded and the way of life that she knew had dissapaited. It had been an adjustment, learning to be alone, learning that boys were not actually in charge, that she could really, truly be her own lioness has she had always wanted to.

Travelling through the world and launching in to random experiments to discover all she could about the place she enhabited had certainly kept her busy but there was always this niggle in her mind, this prod in her brain that said she needed more.

More had come in the shape of a pride. Sure she had crossed many prides paths as she had travelled but none had seemed half as interesting as the Ela’wadiyi and here she was, after hanging around the borders for a good while, joining up in this most mystical of ceremonies! Taking a deep breath she tried to calm herself, if she got too excited she might start rambling and that would not be good!

It seemed her turn had come so the brown and green lioness stepped up to the plate and offered a small chunk of white chalk. It was one of her favourite types of stones and it had taken her some time to find this little block but she felt it was absolutely perfect as an offering to her new pride.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:44 pm
User Image

Anwen had waited for this moment... The moment of finding a new pride. A new place to call home. Not only for her, but for her avian companion as well. Times had been rough as of late, but all would pay off for the pair in the end, or so she was hoping. With lavender eyes, the white and purple lioness watched as others around her walked up to and met with a pale yellow lion, giving him small offerings to decide which clan they would fit into best. Nervous, Anwen hadn't mustered up the courage to approach him yet, but she knew she had to. It had been so long since she had had any real communications with any others, as her dismemberment from her previous pride had shaken her up a bit. Still, this was something that she knew she must do, to not only be placed where she would fit best, but to once again have a place to call home.

Taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly, the white lioness picked up a multi-grayed feather that she had received from her vulture friend, the two having decided that an offering from the both of them would do best. The feather not only represented them both, but also where they came from and where they were hoping to go. Anwen only hoped it would be a suitable choice. Holding her head high and padding forward, she stopped before the heavily tattooed male, the wanidatsi. She bowed her head respectively, placing the feather down upon the ground in front of him. "I am Anwen, and I humbly thank you on behalf of both myself and my avian companion, Adwen." Breathing in deeply once more, the white and purple lioness now waited with bated breath, anxious, nervous, and excited to see what kind of future the smoke held within.

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:08 am
User Image

Iqhawe had seen the pride, had observed it from afar and considered what joining would mean for him. He hadn't been in a pride since his home pride, the Kwa Kikombe had disbanded. His half-brother, Hali, had gone to join another, but Iqhawe had always entertained the idea of starting the pride over again. Surely there must be other lions who loved showing of muscles as much as he did!

But as he was padding away from the borders, he heard the sounds of many lions together. He had been on his own for so long that it almost spooked him, yet he found himself drawn to it. He learned that there was some sort of ceremony taking place, where he could ask to join the pride. Suddenly, for his goal to form his own pride from nothing suddenly seemed so far away and out of reach. So he went to the Tree Ceremony and he approached the lion in charge. The Wanidatsi, they called him. He bowed his head to the leader and after watching many others approach him first, said,

"I have come to join your pride and thank you for the chance to do so." He rumbled, before snaring some of his mane, both green and yellow hairs torn away into his claws, to present to the Wanidatsi. Now, all there was left was to wait and see what would be said, he supposed.

Safaia
Within his timeline, he hasn't yet met the lioness in the Wolf Clan he'll marry, but if he could conveniently get placed in the Wolf Clan anyway, that would be ideal. 3nodding

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff