Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:05 am
User Image

Quote:
Outside of of the Chittentown Space Tower, hiding among the tents and the bustling trolls, a small crowd is starting to form. In the center of it, there seems to be a few trolls having a go at it. Upon further inspection however, this doesn't seem to be a tussle or altercation of the physical type. Before you can come to your own conclusions though, a bashful looking troll with curly hair waves you down.

User Image

"Hey, wanna join us? We're just slammin' some poetry over here." he chimes, clutching a leather notebook to his chest. "You don't have to be an expert..." He would'ave continued to explain, but another troll touches his shoulder and pulls his attention back to the 'battle' at hand.

It seems the crowd is encouraging you to give a verse or two of your own...
Will you join in the fray, or stay on the sidelines and judge?

Welcome to Slam Poet’s Society! As trolls await for their duties to the space tower, it seems a few have occupied their time by quipping verses back and forth to each other. Your troll, of course, is welcome to join in regardless of age!

This will function like an old school forum game, such as the “add 3 words to the story” ones! Mahmud will start off the thread with a few lines of his own. From there, the idea is simple:

Reserve your spot with a blank post with a quote in it, where you will put your rap.
Then, Fill in your verse inside the quote when it is your turn to lay down a rhyme. Be sure to quote the next person in line, if any!
From there, The next person in the thread will be able to fill their post in

There is a 24 hour time limit on filling in a rhyme, that way people all have a chance to play!

Although it is labeled as a “rap battle”, this RP is mainly for fun and interaction! There will be no prizes, except the accomplishment of a job well done! As well, while it may become inevitable that there will be some dissing, lets not hurt feelings okay? Keep dissing to a reasonable, non-hurtful level. If what you said would make the Character Owner upset?
Don't go for it. Mahmud would become very uncomfortable otherwise.

It is perfectly acceptable to RP a bystander as well, and these posts do not need reservations. Simply post in the thread as one would normally, without the quote box for the verse!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:07 am
        Again, Mahmud looked rather sheepish as he was tasked with opening up the rap battle. It was an awkward position to be in, and to be honest... coming up with rhymes on the fly like this was a lot harder than writing in his little notebook. Not to mention everyone staring at him... ugh...

Doing his best to push the nerves out his mind, he shook his head and finally piped up

Quote:
        Now give me your attention, as I begin to cut the tension
        Take this time for my rhyme to become my next greatest invention
        Apprehension
        I should mention, should now undergo suspension
        Lets partake, raise the stakes, make the best rap this dimension!

With that note Mahmud backed up and gave room for another troll to come join the action.

xxxxxxxx
Its open, guys!

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Yamashii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:20 pm
What was this? Kwelin frowned as he watched the crowd with a brownblood ushering people over. It sounded like some kind of word game but it was kind of fast to keep up with. The blueblood was not the hippest guy so he was overwhelmed by the idea but... he did want to make friends even if he was terrible at it. Allowing himself to get shuffled into the fray, he awkwardly cleared his throat and stepped momentarily into the circle to give it a try.

Quote:
"Although I'm fatigued, I admit I'm intrigued. I heard you exclaim of this rap battle game, my rhymes may seem lame or even quite tame but I plan to give it a try just the same."

He finished and took a step back, cheeks a little flushed but relieved to have done it and survived. It was a start, right?

"Who's next?" Kwelin looked around stiffly, not wanting to be the guy that ended the game.

Skyli Peep

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:24 pm
Quella watched the circle with interest. A fight of some kind? Yes! She was on board! Then she caught a glimpse of the insides of the circle. Looked like they were fighting with... words? rhymes?

Quella didn't care. When it came to battles, she was the absolute best.

The blueblood grabbed a pen off a nearby table, forced her way through the crowd, and threw her hands in the air as that other nerdy troll was leaving. His rhyme was ok, she guessed. Pen to her face, she mimicked a beat.

Quote:
Not here from Busthind, but I'm here to bust hinds!
Feel a fever, almost as hot as my sick rhymes,
Despite my young age, Never been average.
Yeah, you know what they call me?
Savage!

Quella grinned. If anyone felt like following THAT, they were more than welcome to try. She lifted the pen in her hand out, like a challenge, then let it drop to the ground with a click.

Exit stage left, badass.

Skyli Peep
WHAT.

Buzzwulf

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:01 pm
        Now, of all the people he expected to rise to the challenge, a kid like Kwelin was not one of them. Nor was Quella, the girl who flew into the arena. Yet despite his apprehension, both trolls turned out to be pretty good poets! Kwellin certainly seemed new to this, reminding Mahmud of when he first started out. As for Quella well... that sort of enthusiasm was exactly what the game needed.

By the end of her rap, Mahmud was practically glowing with happiness. She had even brought a pen for them to use as a microphone. "Holy crap, guys... not bad. Not bad at all." With that he took a couple steps forward, bent over, and picked up the pen. "Thanks for this. Every battle needs a mic." After brushing himself off, he raised the pen proudly and began to rhyme into it

Quote:
        Savage, definition: fierce, violent, uncontrolled
        Yet with both's abilities a different story could be told
        Kids, you’re bold.
        Show me more.
        You gotta have more rhymes in store.
        Fire ‘em out the barrel, hit me, Magnum .44.

Not his smoothest, nor his best meter... but it was all for fun, right? One he was finished, Mahmud dramatically held the pen out in front of him. "Any takers?"

As he did this, he looked to Kwelin and held out a hand for a little hi-five. Took a lot of guts to come up and try when you were clearly new!

xxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:38 pm
Static was excited, he was proud. His friend was being brave and doing something he loved. And Static wanted to be a part of it. He sat at a table, not at the front, but not at the back, and he watched. There were many talented and brave trolls. Then Mahmud got on stage and Static could not keep his eyes off the boy as the rhymes and beats were preformed. He stood up and clapped, so very proud and amazed by Mahmud's bravery. Then Static was next and he almost lost his legs. Somehow he made it to the stage to give his part.

Quote:
Ive never been to space, or a stage before,
but really, for just someone, ide do even more.
Im here to serve, im here to fight,
to go into space ill use all might.
Entire worlds to explore, up out in space,
but everything out there could never replace,
The trolls i have here, those i have in my heart.
To be honest, i could not stand to be apart

Static pointedly looked at the floor as he left the stage. Making sure not to look at anyone, especially Mahmud. He hoped to glub his cheeks were not tinged blue.
Skyli Peep

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Doutei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:03 pm
"If that's the case, then where are you going?
You scared of something? Like everyone knowing?
Someone outta tell you, that's not how you confess-
Come on now Static, don't make us guess!"

A playful voice cut through the crowd. Strutting on over, Scorpa aimed to block Static from completely leaving the scene. She wasn't sure if he was referencing someone here or a completely different person but wasn't about to let the chance to tease him pass by! Smirking and moving side to side to block any further attempts to leave, she laughed clearly having a good time.

Micillia

Skyli Peep

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:13 am
There we go! Trolls were FINALLY starting to get into the battlin' spirit! Quella was having fun now. She was starting to get the hang of this. She'd never considered that you could fight with words, but now that she'd started, she kept thinking of little rhymes and dismissing them.

She broke back through the lines, all ready to go, and snatched the pen back up.

Quote:

Pickin' on the weak, yeah I can respect that!
But how about a predator, can you detect that?
Quella the fierce, make you into a doormat,
How are those heels gonna help you in combat?

Playin dress-up in the foxholes,
Wish that I had that pay-roll.
Hey there action barbie, are you finally a real troll?
Runnin' circles around ya,
like you couldn't be fouler,
Maybe you should borrow a tactic and withdraw!

Quella stuck her tongue out at the huge yellowblood, grinning, and gave a little wink to the blueblood who'd slunk out of the ring. She decided that she liked it better inside the shouting mass. She was pretty sure it was about it get CROWDED. And she wanted to take on pretty much everyone.

Micillia

Skyli Peep

Doutei

Buzzwulf

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:05 pm
"Your rhymes can't even blow out a candle-
I'm outfitted with more than you can handle!
Roll call! Action Barbie's reportin' for duty
I'm here to take names and start kickin' booty!

At the top of my game, while you're just getting started-
Leave the rhyming to me 'fore you're left broken hearted!
You've a lot to learn still from your growing pains!
I've already mastered driving the reins!

I can see that you're up for a fight
But you're just too little, can't match me in height!
Won't say that I blame you, I've already guessed-
You just want to test yourself against the best!

But with my beauty and brains unparalleled,
I'm sure your spirit's already been quelled!
Don't worry though, I won't call you a quitter-
Instead Imma call you a babysitter!"

Scorpa shot out her rhymes with a spark in her eye, thoroughly amused by her opposing small fry. At the mention of reins she held Quella's hair, it was a bit rude but she didn't care. When she referenced her height she flourished her pumps, these couldn't be worn by just any old chump. To finish things off she pretended to dial, while sparing a grin for the blue wild child!

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:47 pm
Quella slapped the older troll's hands away from her braid, fire in her eyes. Why'd they always wanna go for the braids? Maybe she should just cut them off- they kept being a target. She felt just a little out of place, but she was hardly gonna back down now. She'd show the dress-up princess who was on top of the pile.

Quote:
Sitter? I'm hurt! Better hold your applause.
Maybe think about which of us still plays with dolls.
And maybe you're right, I can't match you in height
But I've got the juice to do this all night!

Those rhymes that you're cooking need to be sedated
Looking all puffed up, yeah you're real inflated
If I'm small, it just means I'm more concentrated.
Easy and brutal, I'm just making this effortless
I like that you took your best shot, but you went and missed.
You know, I really hope you keep trying to resist.

Barbarian here, and i'm fightin' a beauty queen
The most one-sided contest alternia's ever seen
You got some nerve, but my talent is obscene
Walken' all over you and I'm not even a teen!

I'm not up for a fight here, I'm up for a slaughter
Maybe you look kinda hot but your rhymes could be hotter
If it's disses you want, I'll pour em out like they're water!

Quella tossed the pen back to Scorpa, and stuck out her tongue at the yellowblood. Scorpa was a lot better than she'd expected, but she was pretty sure she'd gotten the best of her. She couldn't possibly have any more in the tank... right?

Doutei

Buzzwulf

Doutei

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:23 pm
"Ohhhh!" Scorpa howled with laughter as the blueblood dished right back at her. Quella's rap had some great jabs and even greater rhymes! The yellowblood was about to jump back into another verse to hit her back when she noted a clock behind her on the wall. It was already that late? Crap! She needed to get going! But ughhhh this had been so fun. She wanted to stick around and hear the others jump in too! Scorpa was very competitive and wanted to know who else to keep her eye on.

"I hear what you're saying and I like your spunk!
You got good rhymes though your flow's kinda clunked!
While I'd love to hang tight- there's a problem, you see!
I can't be here all night- I've got places to be!"

Scorpa flashed her lieutenant's pin and gave a smug and barely apologetic wave as she began to back out of the slam circle. It was unfortunate, really, she would've loved to at least learn the other girl's name. But alas, she really couldn't afford to be late when she had to prove herself in order to keep this title. Sadly, she turned and slowly began to walk away.

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games