[Yael] On A Path To The Gods [Zekiel | Fallon] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:14 pm
Zekiel dusted his hands, knocking his boots and then scuffing them upon the doormat to free them of loose sand before he started the path into market. It had been quite some time now since he had seen the subject of one of his longest enduring friendships, and as it happened, opportunity had finally presented itself that Fallon pay him a visit. It wasn’t precisely a short trek, so he understood the delay. Besides, it was evidently the gods’ will that he never arrived at the right time to catch her the last several instances he had been to Pajore, either.

Now, however, the stars had aligned. So to speak.

He was dressed relatively casually, having had a chance himself to pay the outskirts of the town a visit and meet with aging, once upon a time caretaker, Marleya. But, if he remembered correctly, he knew more or less just whereabouts Fallon would be arriving when her transport came in. It was a warm, early afternoon, and he made the walk himself.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:22 pm
The Only Black Uke

She had gotten so caught up in her duties at the Sanctum that she'd not really had time to visit with friends. A fact that saddened her since Fallon enjoyed the company of others. Still, that was being remedied right this second. She was seated in a wagon all nice and neat-like as it rolled along. Fallon was on her way to see Zekiel. He had long since surpassed her and had acquired the title of Priest. One thought she might feel envious but in truth she was proud of him.

After all when they had first met he had had trouble with concentrating on one thing and not going off on a tangent. So this was an amazing accomplishment for him. As the wagon rolled to a stop she looked around to see if she could spot her friend.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:31 pm
Perhaps among the girls of the Sanctum, Fallon was not especially unusual, though Zekiel had always thought her very pretty. Among small town, quiet village people, however, there was no mistaking her for an instant, and as Fallon’s carriage pulled in, Zekiel was beaming in a moment, pushing up from where he’d rested his weight and raising a hand in greeting, making a sign of the gods’ blessing over his chest as he did.

“Fallon! It’s wondrous to see you,” he said as soon as he’d made it into range of being heard. “You look as though daylight gathers especially close about you and bright, wanting to be near you. How have you been?”  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:41 pm
The Only Black Uke

Even if they had been in a large crowd she'd have known him. He was one of the fairest colored she'd ever met. "Zekiel!" Her shout came about the same time as his and she giggled t the coincidence. Where he had made a sign of the gods she took hold of her beads and clasped the talisman between her hands.

"And you make the God of Light jealous." Flattery! Fallon grabbed her basket then made her way toward her friend. "I have been busy as always. And you? How is life here?" The acolyte had to admit she was curious what it was like away from the Sanctum. She didn't really remember much about her life before it.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:54 pm
“Ever brisk and wondrous,” he said. “There has been...much afoot.”

Fallon had been living in Pajore continuously so far as he knew, so she must have been in attendance at the most recent gathering—and abduction. How much she knew about it, however, and what had been shared with her beforehand were unknowns, and he didn’t suppose now was a time that it would please either of them to talk about it when there were so many other more pleasant things to catch up on. So, he began there instead.

“I met with Tacrith recently. He’s rediscovered his brother, you know—he’s quite prone to catching fire. And I have recently come to live here, with the temple in my care…though I am still learning from the former priestesses before me. It is actually a rare time now that the gods give me moments away, but this is a good one. I asked you here further from the center of the city because there is someone I would have you meet, if it please you.”  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:59 pm
The Only Black Uke

So he too was kept busy! Well at least that was a blessing in disguise. Everyone always took it for granted that they were busy but in truth it made things go buy faster or took their minds of things that they would rather not think about. Fallon could understand the last bit.

As her friend continued on and explained that he had asked her to come visit so that she could meet someone her smile broadened. "Oh?" She would never turn down an opportunity to meet someone new. Who was to say that she might not be what they need in their lives to change course, or vice versa. So she motioned with one hand. "Lead the way dear friend."  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:00 am
At Fallon’s invitation, Zekiel happily lead.

“When I was a small boy,” he began conversationally, “I lived in this area, down low by the sea. Jevan, my mother’s husband, was away often to the sea with his boat for fish. When I was old enough to walk, he would put me during those times with the village sailmaker, Marleya. After the Sanctum took me, I had not seen her in many years, but as I’ve had occasion to be back, I have paid her visitation. She grows older, with all of her children of the age they are making children of their own or their own children are coming of age, and most are away. I would like to see that she has company often in this world before she goes to the next.”  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:08 am
The Only Black Uke

As they walked she learned something new about her friend. He used to live in this area before. It made sense now why he had chosen to come here. Fallon smiled affectionately at Zekiel. "How kind of you to come back." In truth she had never thought of returning to he old home.

As he explained more about his time here she came to understand where they were now headed. "Oh? I bet she's a lovely person." After all she'd had the privilege of being in the life of a Priest before he was chosen to join them at the sanctum.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:25 am
To Zekiel, it was not so much that he was ‘returning home’ or near to it by beginning his service here—the Sanctum was and would always be his home now—but rather, that he was giving back to the place that had given him his beginnings, paying his respects, and offering testaments of his appreciation for all that had been done for him here.

And, of course, there was no replacement for the ocean, which would always bring a sense of ‘home’ to him he thought no matter where he stood.

“She is a wondrous woman,” he agreed, leading the way along the dirt and stone market path back, towards Marleya’s minimalist ‘shop’ — or shack, depending upon one’s life perspective. “She has had many sons in her time, and it pleases her to speak of them and of life as it is happening around us. I brought food from market earlier this day, if you are hungry.”

After giving a single ‘announcing’ rap on the door, Zekiel opened it, and stepped inside, holding the door for Fallon. “Ma’am Marleya, I have brought pleasant company,” he called. If all the rest of the outer village smelled of fish, Marleya's shack smelled of smoke and rope oil.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:14 pm
The Only Black Uke

She was pleased to know that the woman she was about to meet was so good. If Zekiel thought so and even said it aloud then surely even the gods liked this woman.

Fallon looked upon the little shop with a bright light. In her eyes it was perfect. Intimate for a small family. How she would like to have such a place crossed her mind. With the door open and Ze leading the way in she caught the smell of smoke and oil. Oddly the smells mixed together created a very deep, old comfort. "Such a perfect fragrance." She chimed.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:37 pm
Heras Box

After watching his friend a moment, Zekiel felt a renewed sense of ease, pleased that Fallon seemed legitimately comfortable in the surroundings despite their quaintness—and how different he knew it was from the circumstances to which she was more accustomed. A moment later, there was a creaking of floorboards, and Zekiel stepped just in time to hear the woman as she spoke.

“Zekiel, child, did you get my tobacco—? Oh, my, is this your bride?”

Zekiel felt a peculiar warmth in his cheeks as he laughed and shook his head. “No, ma’am. This is one of my dearest friends from the Sanctum whom I have known since near when my studies began…Marleya, this is my friend Fallon.”  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:03 pm
The Only Black Uke

She was taking the time to look around when she heard the voice of the older woman. Instantly she gave her attention to Zekiel's friend. Where Ze blushed she looked behind her with a blank look then back to the woman. "Who?" Luckily the Priest at her side answered the question. It took Fallon an extra second to put two and two together, at which time she giggled and brought her left hand up to cover the smile that took place.

As she was introduced she waved her hand, no longer needing to hide her smile. "Hello there." Her soft voice chimed. "I adore your home." It was so much more... cozy, than the large space of the Sanctum that she was used to. Then again she was also used to simplistic living. Here she could see odds and ends that made up a personality of a home.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:36 am
“Another child of the Sanctum…” Marleya’s gaze had a particular weight to it then that Zekiel could not trace. But, she was smiling, and after a moment, she gave a dip of her head. “It is an honor for an old woman,” she said, “to meet a friend of this boy’s, and a daughter of the church.” There, her tone lightened with an almost teasing rasp to it. “My sons never brought home a girl so pretty…even the ones they intended to marry.” She shook a finger at Zekiel. “This boy at least knows how to put together a stew and clean a cookpot after on top of his prayers. That’s a useful trait in a man, you know.”

If Zekiel recognized the bait as such, he didn’t show it, instead shaking his head and proceeding to introduce his company. “Ma’am Marleya has brought many into this world and cared after more than that. She taught me all I know of nets and knots and sails, and how to find pocket oysters along the rocks…I am ever in grateful debt to her.”

“And how to make them edible after.” The older woman tisked, making motion to Ze. “Come, come both of you, are you going to leave two women standing, boy? Come to sit, and do find me that tobacco…” As she said it, Marleya moved, tottering along towards the mainspace adjacent the kitchen, where there was at least a long bench that might be sat upon, though the home was devoid of anything more than the most minimalistic of furniture. “These legs could use as much rest as the gods allow…” Her glowing eyes observed Fallon as she sat. “And how long have you known our Zekiel?”  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:31 pm
The Only Black Uke

"I love stew!" Fallon clapped her hands together with a smile. After being told more about Ze's friend she smiled more fondly at her. "How wonderful that you taught him those things. I'm envious." She had never learned such useful things from her family before she was moved to the Sanctum.

She followed the woman to the bench and waited until after she was seated before taking her own. Fallon tucked her dress before sitting, to make sure it wouldn't rumple. "Well.. A few years I believe." Her glowing gaze went toward Zekiel. She couldn't recall who had gotten to the Sanctum first. Though she didn't really know him when they were younger. It wasn't until their official training started that she met him. "We were both Prentices when we met, though he has far surpassed me now." There was a tone of fond pride in her voice since she was proud that her friend had made it to Priesthood so quickly. It was clearly going to take her longer to reach that goal.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:32 am
Zekiel nodded at the older woman’s instruction, moving off as she’d bid to the nook of wooden shelves where she kept her tobacco jar and rolling papers. While he fetched them, he listened to Fallon and Marleya as they shared words, and felt within him a private sense of success, and peace. Fallon certainly wasn’t the only person he’d brought here, but it always pleased him to, particularly when Marleya took to the company—which she always had so far.

“Fallon has always been more studious than I,” Zekiel said as he handed over what had been requested. “When my teachers grew impatient with me early in my commencement studies, she was set to work with me and had the patience to coach me while managing her own besides. She knows more about the temple greenhouse than I ever will, I am sure…”

True, eventually Zekiel’s heavy public engagement had earned him higher title in the Sanctum’s books, but that was of little consequence to Ze, who had never been concerned with names and rank to begin with. It did nothing to change how he saw Fallon and in time, she would climb the same rungs. He tended still to think of her as someone to look up to.

As he spoke and dwelt on it, Zekiel was moving about the ‘kitchen’, adjusting the bare wooden table that would serve as their dining surface, wiping it, and then checking the status of food. It had been begun earlier—he’d aided Marleya in the prep before Fallon’s anticipated arrival—and now fortunately looked ready to serve.

“Have you an appetite?” he asked. “We’ve tintural soup and bread.”  
◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces