Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:07 am
User Image

As you may or may not know, I was recently approved for edits! That said, I'm still in need of a lot of practice- and that means more editing. That's what this thread is for.

Please read and follow the rules.

This thread is for the descendants of SoA gods or the mortal forms of gods themselves.
You may apply to have existing SoA edited, or you may apply for a semi-custom descendant/mortal form!

Why do it this way?
It's much easier to think up edits when there is something to draw inspiration from, that's why we're going to be using connections to gods, who are edited 99.9% of the time.

Al-Hattal is the 0.01%

This thread will be open September-October.
Maybe longer, if I'm not ready to stop.

Selections will be both random & CC .. but there is no guarantee of how many will get done.

Information

• You may only post one form and you should know what you want before posting it. There is a chance I could play around with a form before crossing it off to make sure I'm not biting off more than I can chew.

• If you do not own a god .. you may use the god of a friend as the parent/grandparent/other antecedent of a semi-custom. However, if you do this, the god's owner must post the form for you. This is to simplify the process of verifying permission, and it still counts against your limit of one form so please don't ask multiple friends.

• If you have no access to gods who might have random offspring/descendants in SoA .. You may choose from the following: Theia (Goddess of Summer), Maua (Goddess of Spring), Ayira (Goddess of Evolution), owned by Ecavi; Talayeh (Goddess of Fertility), owned by Safaia.

• Theia is recently reincarnated, most of her living descendants would be related to a previous life and therefore may not look like her at all. She is a middle-ground between Maua and Ayira - she is not driven to breed every spring, but she is not overly picky, either. Inspiration would be drawn from her domain and attitude more than her current appearance. She has no known alternate mortal form, her descendants are all lions.

• Maua may or may not have lived a long life in her current incarnation but she has a tendency to breed every spring and send the offspring off on their own as soon as they're grown. She is the most likely to have numerous scattered descendants, related to her current live (closely related, drawing more inspiration directly from her) or her past life (distantly related, drawing more inspiration from her domain). Her fertile mortal form is a hare, her descendants may be lions or hares!

• Ayira has lived a long life in her current incarnation and tends to be extremely discerning when selecting a mate, having only produced one litter in recent times. She expects her offspring to be as discerning but also significantly more productive, so they should be out there somewhere. Any descendants from her in this event would be grandchildren or beyond, and all would be relatively simple in base design. Ayira's fertile mortal form is a hawk, her descendants may be lions or avians!

• Talayeh has lived a long life in her current incarnation and, as the Goddess of Fertility, has no physical or moral issue producing offspring. While not on the same kind of annual schedule as Maua, she is also likely to have numerous descendants scattered around, of close and distant relation. She has no known alternate mortal form, her descendants are all lions.

• If you use Al-Hattal as your antecedent (since most of you probably have at least one Al-Ha descendant) .. the wonderful and prolific God of Rogues is a wild card. You may suggest your own light edits to hairstyle. Keep in mind that he is a simple god, and that will be the main inspiration drawn from him.

• On seers: If you use one of my gods, I will let you know how closely related they are and if they are automatically a seer (Maua semi-customs are most likely to be offspring, Theia semi-customs less likely, Ayira semi-customs not at all). If you use your own god or a friend's god, it is up to the god's owner if they are offspring and therefore if they are a seer. Anybody not born a seer may be rolled as usual.

• If you want edits to existing offspring/other descendants of a god, don't worry about any of the above. Just fill in the appropriate form.

• All edits will be inspired by the gods in their lineage and any notes about the character's demeanor. See the examples in the next post: Endelea has hair very similar to her grandmother, but it is not nearly as long and ends at the very beginning of a wide braid; Pandemonium's mane was smoothed out and the bangs changed to be more similar to his father, and his expression is from his own attitude.

• If you want an edited mortal form for your god, or edits to an existing mortal form, then don't worry about any of that above stuff! Edits to mortal forms will be directly inspired by their god forms - hair is likely to remain the same (if it can be recreated well enough) but items will be loosely inspired by the god image, their domain or your suggestion. See the example in the post below: Blasaz' hair is styled almost identically to her god form, but her items are only inspired by or taken in pieces from it.

FAQ

Q. Can I provide a screenshot of permission to use a god, or have the god owner quote me instead of having them post?
A. No, I decided on having the god owner post for a reason. I want to hear directly from the god's owner, and I'm sure most would like to know if you change your mind. If you're getting help from a god owner who is not already a friend.. well, maybe take this as an opportunity to make one.

Q. Does posting someone else's form (using my god) count as my one form?
A. No! You may only have one form requesting edits or a semi-custom for you, whether you post or it have someone else post it. God owners can post as many as they want when allowing others to use their gods. It's worded poorly above, but it's about how many you can try for, not how many you can help others get.

Q. Will you do growing edits?
A. For a semi-custom, no. For edits-only on an existing SoA, it depends on the colorist and if I can get the remaining stages ahead of time. Post a set of growing edits at your own risk, the more effort hunting things down requires, the less likely it is to get done in the end.

Q. What if I don't have any god descendants!
A. Then ask for a semi-custom! ;3

Q. Can you list my god as open-permission with Maua, Theia, Ayira & Talayeh?
A. No, but thank you! The list is supposed to be a back-up plan for people who prefer not to go hunting around someone to help them out, it was going to be only my own gods but when Saffy offered the very obvious choice of Fertility.. well, Talayeh was clearly needed on the list, heh.

Have another question? Feel free to ask!

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Examples

The following examples were all edited by me but only Cameli was also colored by me. I have not included examples of my coloring.

These were all created as practice edits during my approval process, which is why they are primarily my own. Safaia's SoA were used for practice/approval with edits I couldn't pick out my own characters for.

Exception: Greenie's goddess was the first public offer of edits.

User Image
Endelea (Ecavi), granddaughter of Maua (Goddess of Spring).
Full Images: 1, 2

User Image
Pandemonium (Safaia), son of Dathcharu'kai (God of Chaos).
Full Image: 1

User Image
Blasaz (*Greenie), Goddess of Vitiligo
Full Images: 1, 2, 3.

Other Examples

• Wahabu - feathers added, both from specific gods in his history.
  • Sifa - braid & fur practice, furry "gauntlet" chosen since she is a Guard in her pride.
  • Cameli - a staff custom based on an old B&C pet of mine, pushing the limits for hair placement.
  • Kianga - braid, dynamic pose and eye practice; a daughter of Al-Hattal raised by two other gods, who inspired her expression and provided the feathers on her tail.

From this Event!

Forms

REMINDER: These are semi-customs. You may pick the associated god, the gender and, where relevant, the species. Everything else is up to me, unless the god is Al-Hattal (see above).

Do not change the description portion unless:

• Al-Hattal is the parent god.

• There is relevant IC information to add

• Feathers are an easy request, feel free to include that (see: Wahabu, Kianga)
    • Scars may be requested, though no promises made.
    • For semi-custom Mortal Forms: If a god would hide certain markings or colors, include that!
    • Add anything you feel is/would be key to your character, with the understanding that it may not make the final version.
    • NOTE: What you like or want is not the same as relevant IC information. For semi-customs, there is no relevant IC information.

Reminder: You don't need permission to use throwbacks your character already has. For example, Theia's father is the God of Seasons. Seasons has both parents and a grandparent. You don't need to ask for Quaji & others' permission to use those throwbacks. It may be kind to ask and respect their wishes, but if your semi-custom uses Theia as a parent, those genes are already in there. ((Note: You don't need to list throwbacks for any of the gods listed as open permission - I already know them, and may or may not use them.))

Semi-custom: Demigod

To be posted by the god parent's owner only, on behalf of anybody who has approval to use that god for inspiration.

[size=12][b]Semi-custom Demigod[/b][/size][size=9]

[b]Customer Name:[/b] Who is this SoA for?

[b]God & Owner:[/b] Who is the closest divine ancestor? Image required (cert will suffice)
[b]Throwbacks:[/b] Parents, siblings, etc of above.

[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Expression Preference:[/b] (e.g. cheerful, grumpy, neutral)
[b]Description:[/b] CC

[/size]

Semi-custom: Mortal Form

To be posted by the god's owner only.

[size=12][b]Semi-custom Mortal Form[/b][/size][size=9]

[b]God's Name:[/b]
[b]Full Image:[/b]

[b]Desired Species:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b] Based on god form

[/size]

Edits Only

To be posted by the character's owner only!

[size=12][b]Edits Only[/b][/size][size=9]

[b]SoA's Name:[/b]
[b]Full Image - to be edited:[/b]

[b]God Reference & Relation to SoA:[/b] (e.g. Parent, Grandparent, True/Divine Form)

[b]Description:[/b] CC/Based on god form/other

[/size]

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:28 am
Semi-custom Mortal Form

God's Name: Ninati
Full Image: Here, Adol, Cub

Desired Species: Lioness
Description: Based on god form
- CC  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:58 am
Semi-custom Demigod

Customer Name: Epine de Rose

God & Owner: Arimathras (Epine de Rose)
Throwbacks:
Mother: Ari Mortal | Ari God
Species: Lion
Expression Preference: Cheerful!
Description: CC!

Epine de Rose

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:12 am
Edits Only

SoA's Name: Xìngyùn Zhōng
Full Image - to be edited: Here

God Reference & Relation to SoA: Mlinzi wa Maji, her mother.

Description: CC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:38 am
Semi-custom Demigod

Customer Name: Lightning Shadow X

God & Owner: Bunika'Mwenzi (Lightning Shadow X)
Throwbacks:
Mother (I couldn't find her uncerted image. :C As a note: Her eyes are rainbow coloured so have fun with colour combos! <3)
Aunt Aunt with Edits
Father is CC

Expression Preference: Bubbly, fluffy and bright!

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:26 am
Semi-custom Mortal Form

God's Name: Azibo'Mitya
Full Image: Here

Desired Species: Lion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:09 am
Semi-custom Demigod

Customer Name: NovaCracker

God & Owner: User Image
Throwbacks: Baba Croix owned by Truth.be.Told, and Daimaishi by Kitsune Mistress Nyoko-- Baba Croix of Fathers is his father, Daimaishi is his brother!

Expression Preference: Kind!

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:21 am
Semi-custom Mortal Form

God's Name: Tuyet
Full Image:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Desired Species: Cheetah - new lines please

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:05 am
Edits Only

SoA's Name: Yukio
Full Image - to be edited: Full uncert

God Reference & Relation to SoA: God parent: Lengiokk

Description: CC!

Edited on 9/18 to remove the additional info that might not be considered colorist choice. C: Go hog wild if she gets chosen~!

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:15 am
Semi-custom Demigod

Customer Name: ChaosTheories

God & Owner: Anza; Peppermint Coffee