Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:49 am
Sin of Qurupeco
Told you this was a thing, lol

Nadiya had been excited ever since leaving for Belrea. Just the idea of a foreign land was exciting enough, but there was also the bonus of the air trip which had delighted the Matori to no ends. Everything was so new and strange and oh all the stories she could spin for those back home! It made her grin like a madman the whole trip - to the point that some of the workers on the ship had to actually ask and make certain she was okay.

Now that they had landed the Matori was on her own personal quest to explore the area and to see what was what. She wanted a taste of all of their culture, of their stories, of their music, just everything! Even if it seemed peaceful here there were still interesting sights to see. She had already found their strange gun weapons fascinating and was in awe of how their buildings twisted together in these massive cities. Once you left though it seemed like some things, other than the strange carts she saw, were the same as back home. Like here she could see country roads and small farms scattered about the valleys as she traveled.

Honestly though now that she had left Zenner the young woman was trying to find her next location on the small map, the city of Haffele. The company that both she and her sister were travelling with had mentioned the name when the new cluster of buildings had appeared and like any tourist Nadiya was prepared to go and venture out so that she could see all the sights~ It was just a question of where to begin...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:22 pm
Sabra Knight
>.>

It was a quiet afternoon so Parisa had decided to take the time to go on a stroll. What else could she do? Her room was cleaned, dinner was prepared and waiting for her Uncle to return home, she had organized all of her music sheets, and she had repacked all of her outfits for the Academy at least ten times again. Now that the time for her to join was growing even nearer she had come into the habit of constantly preparing herself before taking it all out again.

It was still like a dream. Who could believe that she was in the Academy? Even though she had tooted about it to everyone proudly the girl was in shock. Me, in the Academy? Wow. It was almost as shocking as the strange features of the woman that Parisa almost bumped into. With a curse she found herself grabbing at her instrument case as the sudden movement had jarred the strap from her shoulders.  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:33 pm
Sin of Qurupeco

Nadiya gasped as she accidentally almost smacked right into a younger woman, "Oh! I'm so sorry." She flushed as she reached out to help grab the case, "I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even look when I turned the corner." The Matori found herself glancing at the case in her hands, "You're a musician?" She asked as she recognized a case from others that she had seen before. It seemed Belrea was pretty interested in music and the arts - they even had theaters which she had attended a few times since her arrival in the new country.

So if this girl was a musician then surely that was good for Nadiya! They could play music together and perhaps she could get the girl to share some of the music styles from Belrea with her? A Matori could only hope, right?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:36 pm
Sabra Knight

"It's fine." Replied Parisa curtly, "And yes, I am." She frowned and stared at the case before reaching out her hands towards it, "That is I would be if I had my instrument." She sounded prickly, but that case held something very valuable to her and the stranger before was someone unknown. How was Risa to trust her with such a precious thing? It was already hard enough trying to figure out the features on the strange woman, especially those ears...was she a fish? Did they have some underwater worlds in that Tendaji country? Or was that just a trait like how the Gaeins had their spreading marks like she had her gems? Since the mainland had just recently been explored the girl wasn't quite certain of the races there and what they had to offer so to see one standing right before her was rather startling indeed.  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:43 pm
Sin of Qurupeco

"O-oh." Nadiya found herself carefully handing over the case, "I suppose it is hard to play music without an instrument. I wouldn't know what to do without mine." She joked lightly in order to try to ease the tension that was building around them. Why was this lightning girl so on edge? Was it because she had never seen a mainlander before? That was quite possible considering how the ships had only started transporting Belreans and those from Tendaji across the Great Ocean. Nadiya, herself, along with her sister were some of the first to take the journey. As soon as they had landed in the Great Market in Sauti Nadiya just knew she had to come and had asked to join on the expedition with no hesitation.

And she had yet to regret it. This whole land was a fantastical experience and she was glad it had shown itself in her lifetime. Talk about all the stories she was gathering for when she did return back home! I'll be famous. She joked silently before focusing back on the other girl, "I suppose I'll get going then..." Though her gaze was hopeful as she slowly, ever so purposefully slow, turned on her heel to head in the opposite direction.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:46 pm
Sabra Knight

She was a musician? Parisa's gaze widened ever so slightly as the stranger mentioned playing her own instrument. If she was a mainlander how would their music sound? Would she already know of a way to transport music without having to play it yourself? From the rumors she had heard of the mainland Parisa doubted it, but how could she know for certain? She knew so many people were full of crap and rumors were horrid ways to find out information about new lands.

It was probably best if she just let the other girl leave. It was bothersome to deal with others and she was a stranger from the mainland so what could she offer to Parisa? Ugh, but that walk was so painfully slow. As obvious as a bait it was Parisa couldn't help reaching out towards the other girl and taking the hook, "Wa-wait!" She managed to call out awkwardly with her cheeks warming in embarrassment from such an act, "If you would like....do you have a moment to spare?"  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:55 pm
Sin of Qurupeco

As she felt a tug on her sleeve Nadiya's lips curled up into a delighted grin. So her plan had worked - the girl had taken the bait and suddenly rather than seeming so dismissive she was asking for her to linger? Bingo. The bard turned on her heel so that she could study the lightning girl with a small smile, "Yes? Is there something that you need?" She teased lightly as she tilted her head back and forth with curiosity.

Certainly Nadiya couldn't tell for certain what questions the younger woman would have for her, but she could take a few guess on what the topics could concern. After all what young musician wouldn't be interested in the music of other lands? It was truly a win-win situation if the girl did ask about such things since Nadiya wanted to know just as much about Belrea as she believed the girl would be wanting to learn about Tendaji. Now if she was just going to simply ask her for directions or the time, however, Nadiya probably would just fall flat on her face in disappointment and surprise.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:39 pm
Sabra Knight

"Possibly." Replied Parisa with pursed lips. It wasn't like she was wanting to fall into the other girl's bait, but at the same time she was just too curious. She wanted to know all about music and talking to the strange mainlander would be an asset to her collection of musical knowledge. Not like I should feel shame in asking some questions, I guess. She just ugh, hated having to bond with people she really didn't know when she was trying to focus on other things. Which currently she had been focused on well being by herself and not interacting with others. A slightly lame excuse but when the girl wanted her alone time she wanted her alone time dammit.

Pushing back her bangs from her eye so that she could study the strange woman fully Parisa finally sighed and spoke, "Look I don't like bothering people, but if you would want we could sit and talk? If you're a musician and I'm a musician then surely we can share notes or something? I would like to learn more about the musical styles of Tendaji...and what even are you? No offense, but you definitely stand out lady."  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:02 pm
Sin of Qurupeco

"Oooh?" Nadiya couldn't help the grin that spread across her face, "That seems okay by me - you're not a bother at all!" She actually perked up and she reached for the other girl's arm, "Let's go find a place to sit! You Belreans have some lovely parks with benches and I don't mind spending time with you at all." The Matori laughed at the final question, "My race is called the Matori and we come a coastal nation with islands in Tendaji. We do tend to stand out, dont' we? But what race looks the same?" She winked, "I mean at least we both have strange pupils right? And I don't have stones on my body which to me is just straaaaange." She teased lightly as she began to drag the other girl along with her towards the park that she remembered passing.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:07 pm
Sabra Knight

She had just asked for a moment! Why was this strange woman getting so friendly with her? Parisa pressed her lips into a thin line, I suppose I really know how to pick them. She retorted silently to herself before allowing the woman to drag her along, "Matori, eh?" She found herself agreeing, "I suppose we do in a way look strange to each other." Still at least she didn't have fin ears. Did that mean the woman was like a fish in the water too? Would that be too rude to ask?

The next thing Parisa knew they were crossing the cobblestone streets and walking through the gate to the biggest park in the city. It had trees throughout and a stone path for anyone wishing to take a walk. Throughout the flowers and the open fields for play were benches made of stone that anyone could rest on. It was such a bench that Parisa noted and pointed to, "That one works if you would like." It was by a fountain and they could have some privacy there since the park seemed rather empty at this time of day.  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:14 pm
Sin of Qurupeco

Nadiya was bouncing along as she walked with the other girl, "So what type of music do you like? Or are you one of those that try to play everything?" She teased lightly. Though the girl next to her could surprise her since over here everyone seemed invested in a certain path at a young age. It wasn't like Nadiya who had to sneak the flute and then learn in her older apprentice years. Some of these people had been playing since being toddlers!

As Parisa pointed out the bench Nadiya nodded and finally let go of the girl's arm so that she could perch on the cool stone, "So now that we're here I guess we can settle in." She reached into her satchel and brought out her precious flute, "This is just one of my instruments, but it is my favorite. If you would like I can demonstrate a Tendaji tune if you want to compare music?"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:53 pm
Sabra Knight

"Do you ever breathe?" Quipped Parisa as she sat down on the bench, "For the record I prefer stringed instruments, but I play a bit of everything. Bells, chimes, some flute, but mainly strings." That had been her mother's specialty and the girl had tried her best to continue that legacy. She just worried that when she did have the courage to sing in front of others that it would never be the same as her mother's heavenly voice. One day though she hoped that all of her secret practice, a lot of it in the bath, would come through for her.

"So you like flutes." Parisa rose a brow through her slight disappointment. There was nothing wrong with the flute as it did produce lovely sounds, but she was hoping to find something new and interesting from the foreigner. Yet she hadn't listened to the actual music so she would wait until then to judge, "Sounds good to me." She replied as she studied the 'Matori'. "Go ahead and I'll listen."  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:11 pm
Sin of Qurupeco

"Some days I think about it." Replied Nadiya with a laugh. She was super talkative and the woman felt no shame in it. She was a bard after all and talking was essential for the trade! It also was amusing to ruffle the other girl's feathers since Nadiya delighted in making prickly characters flustered. It was totally worth it to see how they just continued to hit a wall with their frustrations since she refused to be deterred by their sour attitudes.

"That I do~" Nadiya winked playfully before raising the flute to her lips. While she had a very playful and perky spirit it seemed like something else poured from the music. Something serene and breath taking that just floated about like an endless ocean of melody. And for once the bard was quiet as she poured her heart and soul out into one of Matori's more traditional ballads - one written from before peace when Matori still had to hide or serve in chains. It had been a hard melody to acquire but an elder musician had shared it with Nadiya during her time in Oba and the Matori had held onto it ever since then.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:27 pm
Sabra Knight

Parisa rolled her eyes. This Matori definitely was stubborn wasn't she? Stubborn in being obnoxiously perky that was. Parisa had a few retorts for the Matori but the music that poured from the petite woman caught her by surprise. Her gaze burned as she listened to the music and Parisa had to glance away for a second and close her eyes tightly against the tears. Was this the raw form of music that played on emotions rather than simply technique? It was very powerful and made her own music feel quite lacking. I have a lot to learn it seems.  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:31 pm
Sin of Qurupeco

Ah, so the other girl seemed to be at least interested by her music then. Nadiya couldn't help the slow grin that spread across her features as she finally lowered her instrument to glance at the lightning, "So what do you think?" She asked, "Is it up to par with Belrean standards?"  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff