Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:42 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Welcome back to Superstar Authority, sweet things!" Razzle Dazzle's face fills the camera as the Superstar Authority opening sequence fades away. As the camera pans out, Razzle spins in her seat, a luxuriously slick looking cluckbeast nutrition-filled lifesphere-shaped chair. Beside her on the stage is another, empty chair, and the two are spotlit against a dark room. Planting her feet firmly on the ground as she completes one full rotation, Razzle leans in towards the camera and speaks in a more quiet, intimate tone.

"Tonight, and for the next few nights, we will be having exclusive one on one interviews with each contestant - to probe deeply into their psyche and learn just who they are exactly. This is your chance to get to really figure out which idol you relate to on an emotional level." Leaning even closer and staring deeply into the camera, Razzle's voice drops down to a hushed, emotionally charged whisper. "We'll be really stripping back the layers and asking some groundbreaking questions, shedding new light and revealing yet undiscovered facets of our charismatic and talented contestants. Not only that, but you, the audience will have the opportunity to participate along with us. All our phone lines are open - and we'll be accepting questions from audience members. So if you live in NHC, or have access to a phone, you too can ask some deep, thought provoking, soul searching questions." Winking and putting a hand on her hip, Razzle's voice raises back up to her usual perky levels. "Of course, you can also ask them what their favorite flavour of frozen, creamed, musclebeast udder secretion is! We'll also be getting questions from our star studded judges for some real pressure!"

Right on cue, the camera swings back around to the judges table ...

Competitors

You're backstage at the ANB headquarters again. Tonight you aren't jostling in a sea of trolls, being shoved through the building like you're on a conveyer belt- no, tonight you are the only star in the building, and have got the full treatment. Four personal stylists, a private dressing room, even a bowl full of candies sitting on the table waiting for you.

You had a test run earlier with Razzle, working with her to prepare your responses ahead of time. The tealblood had sat in a massive fur coat and even larger sunglasses, lounging in her chair and drinking something expensive looking while her personal assistant had done most of the direct talking with you, but you've selected six questions that Razzle will ask you in your interview, and your own responses. Along with that, you've prepared your responses to her three starting questions.

The goal with all responses, Razzle's PA reinforced, was not to be accurate, but to make yourself look good. As long as the answer wasn't an obvious lie that could be called out by anyone, and as long as it flatteringly worked with your Superstar persona, you were encouraged heavily to 'massage the truth'.

While you were given time to prepare your answers to Razzle's questions, you were warned that each of the three judges would have one question for you as well, and that you were going to be getting audience members and viewers at home calling in and asking their own. Audience/call in questions, you were told, could be ignored if they weren't something you wanted to answer. If you didn't respond, the questions would be cut from the show before airing. Judges questions however, were mandatory to reply to.

The same key points are drilled into your skull from your tv debut. Work your charm points, catchphrase, home city, and sponsors/sponsor cachphrases into these questions however you can. As long as you don't mention the above points more than once in replying to the same question, you can ram that stuff in as frequent as you like, and it will improve your ratings. An example given to you made it pretty simple. No one wants to hear what city you are from twice in one response. But by the time the advertising break is over, people might have forgotten. So be sure to namedrop it again! And again! Welcome to show business!

That was all a few hours ago. Now, in your costume, standing in the wings, you are (slightly more delicately) shoved back on stage by the same drone as your last time at the station. The empty chair beside Razzle is waiting for you.

OOC
Use the questions/scene change copy-pasta codes written out below to build yourself a prompt for your solo post, the same way as in the introductions. When you have finished, post it in this thread. After, if you receive any questions from civilians between when your post went up and the 18th, you can choose to respond to them or not. Remember the underlined instructions! They are the key points to getting a good score!

Duos should use the same format, taking turns to answer the questions. Writing should be as close to 50/50 as you can make it, with each troll answering 6 out of the 12 questions. If any civilian questions are asked, users can take turns answering them.

This should be up at the latest, by the night of SUNDAY, 18. If you post this at the end week you will not have any extra time to answer civilian questions, so earlier is better.

Required wordcount for the solo post is minimum 200 words. If you can actually do this in 200 words, Mule takes her hat off to you.

Introduction Questions
Must use all 3 questions:

How have you found Superstar Authority?
      Is Superstar Authority living up to your expectations?
      What is your best memory so far of Superstar Authority?

[quote][i]There was a hushed but long applause as the cameras swung in towards the two chairs. Razzle, with an expression of deep and genuine interest, clasped her hands together and began the introductions. [color=#169d8f]"Welcome back to Superstar Authority, sweet things. I have with me tonight [YOUR SUPERSTAR CONTESTANT NAME HERE!! NOTICE ME!!!]. Hold onto your seats as we delve deep into their genuine, exciting, unique and vivid life with our probing and thought provoking interview. [YOUR SUPERSTAR CONTESTANT NAME HERE!! NOTICE ME!!!], how have you found Superstar Authority so far? Is it living up to your expectations? What's your best memory so far?"[/color][/i] [/quote]

Positive Razzle Questions
Must pick two questions:

What is your greatest strength?
      [quote][i][color=#169d8f]"So tell me, what would you consider to be your greatest strength?"[/color][/i][quote]

What is one of your best memories?
      [quote][i][color=#169d8f]"Do you have a favorite memory? What is it?"[/color][/i][quote]

How would your friends describe you?
      [quote][i][color=#169d8f]"If I were to go to one of your closest friends, how would they describe you?"[/color][/i][quote]

What is your biggest goal in life?
      [quote][i][color=#169d8f]"Let's talk big. What is your goal in life? How are you getting there?"[/color][/i][quote]

Neutral Razzle Questions
Must pick two questions:

What is your favorite hobby?
      [quote][i][color=#169d8f]"In your spare time, what do you do as a hobby?"[/color][/i][quote]

Why do you want to become a superstar?
      [quote][i][color=#169d8f]"Why did you join Superstar Authority?"[/color][/i][quote]

If you could change the world, what would you do?
      [quote][i][color=#169d8f]"Say you could change the world, in any way. What would you do?"[/color][/i][quote]

What is your favorite food?
      [quote][i][color=#169d8f]"Let's ask the big questions. What is your favorite thing to eat?"[/color][/i][quote]

What's your favorite aspect of life on Alternia?
      [quote][i][color=#169d8f]"What part of Alternian life makes you the proudest?"[/color][/i][quote]

Negative Razzle Questions
Must pick two questions:

What is your greatest weakness?
      [quote][i][color=#169d8f]"If you were being honest, what would you say is your greatest weakness?"[/color][/i][quote]

What is one of your worst memories?
      [quote][i][color=#169d8f]"Is there one memory that stands out in your mind as 'Oh my god, this totally sucks'?"[/color][/i][quote]

How would your enemies describe you?
      [quote][i][color=#169d8f]"If I were to go to one of your worst enemies, how would they describe you?"[/color][/i][quote]

What is your biggest fear?
      [quote][i][color=#169d8f]"What's one thing you never want to see happen? Like, your biggest fear?"[/color][/i][quote]

Scene Change
No rp reaction is required for this.
[quote][i]Another camera hummed into life, and on the tv monitors around the stage, the judges panel slid into view beside the stage in a split screen shot.[/i][quote]

Aandes Questions
Must pick one question:

When are you most comfortable?
      [quote][i][color=#30b759]"So, when are you most comfortable? Like, a time, a place, a state of mind, darling?"[/color][/i][quote]

If you could travel to any planet for vacation, what would it be like?
      [quote][i][color=#30b759]"On a fun note, if you could travel to any planet for vacation, what would it be like?"[/color][/i][quote]

How would you react to the betrayal of a close friend?
      [quote][i][color=#30b759]"Let's say you were betrayed - betrayed by someone close to you. How would you react in that situation. Mmm?"[/color][/i][quote]

Odette Questions
Must pick one question:

Who is your biggest inspiration?
      [quote][i][color=#B81008]"Every good artist has a muse behind them. I’m curious, who is your biggest inspiration?"[/color][/i][quote]

What does success mean to you?
      [quote][i][color=#B81008]"I want to hear you define your dreams, dear. What does success mean to you?"[/color][/i][quote]

If you were given the chance to change the past, what would you do?
      [quote][i][color=#B81008]"Think back to a time when you made a terrible mistake. If you were given the chance to change that past, what would you do?"[/color][/i][quote]

Regina Questions
Must pick one question:

What do you look for in a friend?
      [quote][i][color=#99004d]"How d'you pick your friends?"[/color][/i][quote]

What do you want to be remembered for?
      [quote][i][color=#99004d]"Waddya want people to know you for?"[/color][/i][quote]

What's something that you gave up on?
      [quote][i][color=#99004d]"Ok, so, what's something you had to drop? Like, it wasn't gonna work out for you at all?"[/color][/i][quote]

Scene Change
No rp reaction is required for this. Once you have this in your post, you can submit it!
[quote][i]Soft but enthusiastic applause rang out again, reinforced by Razzle clapping away. On the screen, the judges pannel slipped back out of view as Razzle leaned in. [color=#169d8f]"And now, we will take some questions from the audience before wrapping up. All phone lines are open!"[/color][/i][quote]

Civilians & Sponsors
Sit back and enjoy the show! Civilians, you can ask questions using the form below! If your troll lives in New Hemisect City they can be in the audience, otherwise they should be phoning in from their hive. If you were at the idol's booth as well, your devotion to the idol in question will be seen by the network as just that more impressive.

If you are asking a question to a duo team, quote one player in the question and the other one in an empty quote, so both people see the post.
[quote="USERNAME OF THE IDOLS PLAYER"][b]I have a question![/b]
[b]Question:[/b] What is your shoe size?
[b]Rp question:[/b] [color=#B0B0B0]"Umm... what is your shoe size, please?"[/color]
[/quote]

Sponsors, you can sit back, relax, and sue people.
[quote="Hivestuck"][color=red][b]I AM SUING ALL OF YOU! YOU, AND YOU, AND YOU![/b][/color]
[b]Business/Purpleblood name:[/b] the one from registration
[b]Sponsee dropped:[/b] real name for solo, group name for group
[b]Reason:[/b] what did they do to misrepresent you, or mislead you? this can be an action taken in the competition, or in meta-themed rps.
[/quote]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:42 am
Regina's smile was, as usual, flawless and toothy. As the camera panned around to the judges table she was already leaning forward. Today she, LaMode and Cygnet would be picking their favorite troll out of the most successful first-rounders to highlight. Looking around at the other two judges, she turned her face back to the camera again and gave it a friendly wink. "Hey hey! Welcome back y'all! I can't wait to see how the next few nights are gonna change the playing field! While we don't got numbers in for the turnouts at the individual meet and greets, we know how the audience reacted to the initial introductions, and what trolls got some real interest from the public through that."

Leaning back slightly, she looked from side to side again, then back at the camera. She had tossed up between two trolls for the one she'd be chatting about tonight. The aggressively slick and polished purpleblood had been expected for her blood hue - so Regina had selected the hemoanonymous contestant. They stood out for being so risky, and yet so bubbly in the face of a potential backlash. Maybe her comments would make them nervous, but if a troll couldn't handle a little pressure, they had no business entering in a competition with such high stakes. "It'll be interesting to see if the top trolls will only solidify their platforms or if new faces will rocket to the top! I'm curious if Ely Z is gonna grab and hang onto the huge reception that she got. The kid gambled on the huge risk of coming onstage with no blood colour on display, and got a gigantic reaction showin' that kinda guts. She says that she's eager, so I'm eager myself to see where she's going! And I'm guessin' I'm not the only one?"

--

"You’re absolutely right, Regina. I’d say there’s been a great showing of enthusiasm here today, and one of the brightest bulbs I’ve seen was from Frenzz. Even rattling off his sponsors he didn’t miss a beat – I really believed his endorsement. Frankly, I couldn’t say that for every idol here today, so that’s quite a feat. Looks like a natural performer to me. For a lowblood to perform such dangerous and whimsical arts, and speak so confidently? And that charming, homey accent. I have to say, I wasn’t sure about a jack of all dangerous trades in this competition, but I’m intrigued about him.”

Aandes shifted in his chair, folding his arms and placing his index finger and thumb on his chin. “Seems like the sponsors really extended their offers this sweep. Wonder if there’s any drama behind the scenes of this competition, hmm? I’m so intrigued.”

He wrapped up his commentary and looked at Regina with a nod. If he was sponsoring an idol he wouldn’t want to put all of his eggs in one basket, of course – but sponsoring so many seemed like a major liability. He was grateful that he wasn’t in the hotseat here – in front of all of Alternia a bad egg could spell a publicity nightmare. He glanced over at his own starlet, Odette, placed in the discerning eye of the Empress and the world. Aandes wondered if these wannabe idols knew the stakes they were involving themselves in.

--

“What a turnout! I can already see the potential in some of these new contestants,” Odette praised, genuinely excited by the prospects of these stars. She, however, had been swept off her feet by a familiar face. One she was unsurprised to see, but was amazed to watch on stage. “Did you see Eostre? I have to say, I’m positively dazzled by Diazzi!” She winked at her own joke.

“Who knew you could stuff all that strength into such a tiny package? She’s a powerhouse under all that puff! Not to mention she has the look, the confidence, and the stage presence of a star. She takes to the spotlight like it’s a fighting ring, and I have to say, I’m impressed.” Odette draped a hand over her pumpbiscuit, giving the camera her all-too-perfect smile.

“I’m excited to see more from the contestants as we move on,” Odette added. “I have a feeling we may see a few diamonds still waiting for their time to shine.”  

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Interview time. Api was blown away by the attentiveness that had been given to them in comparison to the introductions. They tried to be as easy to work with as possible- they were sure these trolls dealt with some less than cooperative stars, and Api did not want to get a reputation for being hard to work with. Thankfully their look was simple- still knitwear, homey and soft on the eyes - and any makeup they wore was “natural”, of course Once it was time, they settled themself into the extra chair next to Razzle (goodness she really was dazzling) and smiled wide for the cameras.

Quote:
There was a hushed but long applause as the cameras swung in towards the two chairs. Razzle, with an expression of deep and genuine interest, clasped her hands together and began the introductions. "Welcome back to Superstar Authority, sweet things. I have with me tonight Api-bomb. Hold onto your seats as we delve deep into their genuine, exciting, unique and vivid life with our probing and thought provoking interview. Api-bomb, how have you found Superstar Authority so far? Is it living up to your expectations? What's your best memory so far?"

”Thank you for having me, Razzle! It’s good to be here.” They giggled, not totally fake but definitely not something they’d do in regular conversation. ”It’s been wonderful! Everything I hoped it would be and more. Everyone is so enthusiastic! It really touches my bloodpusher, honestly.” Api nodded, giving their best sincere look to the camera, complete with one hand over their chest. ”It’s hard to choose a best memory, but I had some lovely trolls come visit me at my meet and greet, it was wonderful getting to know everyone face-to-face! I hope to be able to do more in-person interaction in the future. There was this one fellow whose lusus really went wild for Cerise’s cupcakes! She really does have a sweet treat for every occasion~! They clapped their hands together enthusiastically, but quieted down for Razzle to ask her scripted question.

Quote:
"So tell me, what would you consider to be your greatest strength?"

Donning a thoughtful look, Apibom hummed loud enough for the microphone to pick up on it as they tapped their chin with one finger. ”I think I would say my passionate nature is my biggest strength! It’s really helped me out, it’s why some of my sponsors were willing to give me a chance. Trolls like Eridia Tsifer don’t just choose anyone to work with, really!” They finished up with a solemn nod. They were pretty sure they had this part of the questions down pat.

Quote:
"Let's talk big. What is your goal in life? How are you getting there?"

Api grinned, lacing their fingers together in their lap. ”That’s definitely a big question! Haha I really like to keep my options open, since flexibility is a good thing to have, especially when the needs of the world change a lot… but I think if I really narrowed it down I want to be a dancer. It’s going really well! Death Dancers picked me up before Superstar Authority began and we’ve been working together ever since - they really mean it when they say dance ‘til your opponent drops. Chiara really works hard!” They finished up with another smile.

Quote:
"In your spare time, what do you do as a hobby?"

”Oh I do lots of things!” They perked up, nodding. ”I find that learning how to do multiple things is the best way to make use of oneself. But in particular, aside from my dancing I am a gardener and carpenter. I’m still learning carpentry, but I’m getting much better with my gardening. It’s satisfying to be able to grow a lot of food, plus if there’s extra I can share it! Calida likes to say there’s no meal too big, no troll too small and that’s definitely the case with hard work and dedication to growth. Although I’d rather leave the cooking to her expert hands over at Phoenix Down.” They giggled again, this time more… genuine than before.

Quote:
"What part of Alternian life makes you the proudest?"

”Our diversity! Everyone has their job and their task, and through that difference we create some amazing things. It’s a brew-tiful world we have, and I really think we’re all working to make it even better.” A neutral answer for a neutral question, but with a positive twist. They had figured that would be the best answer to go with.

Quote:
"Is there one memory that stands out in your mind as 'Oh my god, this totally sucks'?"

Api glanced away, just covering their mouth with the tips of their fingers for a moment. ”Oh, I suppose.” They looked back to Razzle and put their smile back in place. ”Not from this competition, thankfully! It’s truly been wonderful. Last Bloodfest I partook in the 3-legged race with a friend and oh my goodness, it really was tough! We were both certain we’d be cooked alive in the fire dome. But it was fun, and totally worth it. Really, I think it helped push me to be more outgoing in the end. If I can survive the fire dome while tied to another troll, surely I can do anything I set my mind on.” They finished up with a nod and another large smile.

Quote:
"If you were being honest, what would you say is your greatest weakness?"

Api hummed in thought, shoulders shrugging for a moment before sagging as they seeme to really think hard on the question. Honestly they knew the answer to this one but as it had been discussed before going on air, they had to spin this to have a positive vibe. ”You know, I think as lovely as it is to be flexible in one’s everyday life, I used to struggle with being too flexible. It was a real challenge to learn the difference between letting things go because things simply can’t be helped, and realizing when someone was taking advantage. But I’ve gotten better at it! Remaining open to change while still sticking to my ideals is my ultimate goal. And I really think miss Lorata Gorgos has helped with that. Alternia needs heroes, and heroes aren’t the type to just back down over anything, you know?” They nodded and smiled again, hoping that the answer they’d picked was good enough to pass. Question time with Razzle was over, but it was time for the judges. Now, they had no idea what they judges were going to ask, so this part was completely nerve wracking. They tried not to look too nervous.

Quote:
Another camera hummed into life, and on the tv monitors around the stage, the judges panel slid into view beside the stage in a split screen shot.

Quote:
"So, when are you most comfortable? Like, a time, a place, a state of mind, darling?"

The first question from Aandes was much nicer than they’d been imagining. He was so cool! Api thought about it for a moment, ”I’d have to say that I’m really the most comfortable in New Hemisect. It seems so busy and loud, but it really is home! There’s always something to do, something to see. You really have to come to party city to see why it’s such a great place. And honestly with the way that everything flows together it’s a prime example of everything working as it should.” The answer wasn’t a lie, or even half a lie - but then again they hadn’t really left NHC very much at all. Where else would feel like home? It was Odette’s turn next..

Quote:
"Think back to a time when you made a terrible mistake. If you were given the chance to change that past, what would you do?"

Oh, what a difficult question. Api bit their bottom lip, thinking hard before answering. ”I think… if given the chance to fix a mistake… I would listen more. I had such a hard time listening that it got me into a lot of sticky situations that I could have avoided if I had just slowed down. But I also think that if I had gone back and changed that mistake, that maybe I wouldn’t know better now. Api had a very… hard time with that question. They hoped their answer sufficed- it was honest, but still positive.

Quote:
"Waddya want people to know you for?"

Api tried not to look like an antlerbeast in headlights as the Queen’s turn came. She was very intimidating, but not in a bad way. They listened carefully to her question, finding themself quite stumped for a moment. ”I want to be known as someone to count on.” They nodded, then continued, ”someone that’s there no matter what, and can be relied on to get the job done- whatever it might be.” That seemed to suffice- at least to Api. Honestly they weren’t totally sure what they wanted to be known for, they just wanted to be known.

Question time from the judges was over though- now it was time for viewers or audience members to ask things. Hopefully they would be a little less high stakes than the questions they’d just answerd.

Quote:
Soft but enthusiastic applause rang out again, reinforced by Razzle clapping away. On the screen, the judges panel slipped back out of view as Razzle leaned in. "And now, we will take some questions from the audience before wrapping up. All phone lines are open!"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:12 pm
As he was greased up, Ganyma sighed through his mask. It would be much easier to win the hearts of Alternia by fighting on screen. All of this sitting and talking was exhausting.

Ganyma was alone now, and the pressure was on – the first three questions were easy. He was prepared, and he knew exactly what to say – what to plug. The last time he’d made an appearance he’d forgotten some important details. “Did you drop the notecard with the sponsors’ mottos or somethin’? Get it together, Shield!”

But this time – this time would be different. As terrifying as improvisation was, he was deeply in character. He’d spoken the mantras, done some practice interviews, and had done ample pushups to look as good as possible for his on-screen appearance. This was it.
Quote:
There was a hushed but long applause as the cameras swung in towards the two chairs. Razzle, with an expression of deep and genuine interest, clasped her hands together and began the introductions. "Wecome back to Superstar Authority, sweet things. I have with me tonight Shield. Hold onto you seats as we delve deep into their genuine, exciting, unique and vivid life with our probing and thought provoking interview. Shield, how have you found Superstar Authority so far? Is it living up to your expectations? What's your best memory so far?"

“How have you found Superstar Authority?”

Ganyma leaned forward in his chair intently. He had to hit his softest charm point now, to open up the baby-faced persona he was exuding. “First let me say, Razzle, you’re looking stunning tonight. I’m so honored – I’m here for you. Absolutely, no doubt! And let me tell ya, Razzle, this is a lot different than fighting in the coliseum. The level of talent is just wild. Different folks with so many abilities – it’s hard to see standouts here when so many trolls have such unique skills to show the world. Like the astounding Lorata Gorgos notes, Alternia needs heroes – and this is a great place to find them. It’s such an overwhelming event – especially compared to the easy-going atmosphere of Four Frounds - but I’m glad I’ve taken the time to greet some of the kiddos out there.”

“Is Superstar Authority living up to your expectations?”

“And then some!” Ganyma responded with a laugh. He took Razzle’s hand in both of his and looked at her softly (albeit a bit intimidating through the mask). “You’ve all done an incredible job here. I’ll be going back to the Coliseum in Four Fronds (represent!) with some pointers on how to really plus our production. I’d like to see some pizzazz the way this is set up – it reminds me of the Death Dancers – except there’s not as much of a need to dance until your opponent drops! Or maybe there is, haha!”

He adjusted, then sat back in his seat, pleased. His hands folded in his lap. “I was surprised to see so many humble businesses able to show their stuff. That was really nice. I came from pretty humble beginnings myself, so seeing The Glass Shack’s signage -- ‘for the design you don’t yet know’ – and the fact that it’s a brew-tiful world with the Nightly Grind in town is really special. They came all the way down from Busthind, folks! Just wild. Not to mention our friends from Chittentown way out there in the desert – getting a chance to gear-antee the best with the Tincan Mechanics has been just great, Razzle. Really shows the young ones out there that they can achieve anything.” He winked, pointing into the camera as though there was a youth to inspire in front of him. “I’m here for you.”

“What is your best memory so far of Superstar Authority?”

Ganyma thought for a moment, considering straying from his notecards. He smiled softly. “Do you mind if I get all mushy? I don’t want to hold up the show or anything with bein’ sentimental, but I feel like you’re just openin’ me up and that’s really special, Razzle. Alright. So, my fellow Four Fronds mate Chiuan Heshui says that ‘No matter how big the sea may be, sometimes two ships meet.’ I think this is the case here and all that – except honestly, the sea is huge and filled with trolls. Tons of faces in the sea, in this lovely New Hemisect, and so many bright young futures that are ready to take off. It’s not something I see often working as a Gladiaterror – we get rough and ready older trolls, and all that – so one particular young troll really struck me during this competition. I’m actually pretty glad y’all noticed him, ‘cos he was a little shining light. Meeting Frenzz backstage was a real sweet moment for me, y’know? It grounded me, made me realize what I’m doing this for. A chance to pump up the audience, of all ages, and show somethin’ good in Alternia. I’m here for you – all of you out there! And to you, Frenzz, I’m looking forward to seeing you killin’ it in the competition!”
Quote:
"Do you have a favorite memory? What is it?"

“Ah… Oh, gosh.” His façade slipped for a moment. “I really liked – I mean, I always like Bloodfest a whole lot. As a kid I did pretty dang – er, I succeeded even given my circumstances,” He corrected, sounding out the words via rote memory.

“This last Bloodfest I found that the purveyors of the ‘it’s a brew-tiful world’ brand beverages, The Nightly Grind, and having the opportunity to dance until your opponent drops at the Death Dancers booth, or – heck, even competing alongside Miss Lorata Gorgos made me realize that Alternia needs heroes. And Bloodfest just shows off what’s great about us, our differences, and how regardless of caste we can come together for something great. It’s, ah – where I met a lot of good friends.”

He subconsciously scratched his neck and snapped himself out of it to finish the thought. “Coming down from Four Fronds to enjoy the winter or summer games is a big, refreshing change from high stakes fighting. It feels like everyone can get involved—I played volleyball with a great kid named Saigen and had a blast. I hope he’s watchin’ – you did great, champ!”

The fighter rested his back against the chair. “The first Bloodfest I attended was pretty magical, but now that I’m older I don’t just go for myself. I’m here for you.”

Quote:

“A-ha-ha!!” The fighter bellowed. “Do you want to see some strength?” He practically jumped out of his chair and pointed at the audience. “Shield! Is here for you!”

“My buddies at Tincan Mechanics would say this is gear-anteed the best, and my buddies in the ring back in Four Fronds would call this a showstopper. Razzle, please stop me if this will stop the show!” He winked courteously at her, adding a thumbs up gesture to compensate for his masked features. Then, Ganyma flexed his muscles. He stripped off his jacket and shirt, revealing his namesake power underneath. “With this, I can protect the innocent! Young Alternians who don’t know who to turn to can look to me. I’m resilient – persistent - powerful – and I’ve got the shield to prove it.”

He shrugged his shirt back on, leaving his jacket hanging over his arm. “That’s a little under-the-clothing secret that helps me stay incognito in public,” he laughed. “My friends at The Glass Shack would definitely have something to say about that – ‘For the design you don't yet know’!” Ganyma seemed to get the pre-written joke about 5 seconds after he said it out loud (and 50 times after rehearsing it for this interview).

Quote:

“Oh wow. As a kid, I woulda told you that wrestling was it! I guess that’s my full time job now back home in Four Fronds, huh?” Ganyma chuckled. He tapped his foot on the ground. “I still like working out, of course. Gotta stay prepped and focused. I don’t typically do much fightin’ right now outside of the ALG, but with the Death Dancers, I gotta say, that’s a pretty tempting position! Dancin’ ‘til your opponent drops seems like a totally different set of muscles than what I use, haha. Uh, I also do a lot of community work since straightenin’ out from my past. Hoping to do some outreach for younger trolls, hoping to do some construction. I got pretty dang good in the construction field, so building homes for orphaned trolls is somethin’ that I’m working on for sure. If you need help, I’ll be around to you at some point. Miss Gorgos – Alternia needs heroes, and I’m one. I’m here for you.” He smiled fondly.

Quote:
"Let's ask the big questions. What is your favorite thing to eat?"

“Oh, gosh! Soup!” Ganyma pounded his fist on his chair, a little over-excited. “You know who makes the best stews, really?? The Nightly Grind. Seriously! It’s a brew-tiful world! It’s easy for a troll like me on the go. Frankly, I like their smoothies too – can’t go wrong with a good protein shake when you’re set to take down a gladiaterror. Not to mention how balmy it can get in Four Fronds – whoof! I’m here for you, but when this one sweats I’m out for a quick chill!”

He slapped his knee, jovial. “If you’re in hot weather, visiting the Tincan Mechanics in Chittentown (gear-anteed the best!), or if you’re freezing your nubs off in Busthind, a smoothie or some soup is all you need. Plus, givin’ some of that hot goodness to someone in need is the best gift you can give.”

“I’d also like to thank the ingenius kids at The Glass Shack. Really, kids these days are too smart. Havin’ homemade housewares to eat this stuff off of makes it all the more special – really, it was for the design you don’t yet know – I sure didn’t!”

Quote:
"If I were to go to one of your worst enemies, how would they describe you?"

This was an answer that Ganyma thought totally hilarious when he read it. He committed to the bit, looking straight into the camera and pointing at it.

“I’m here for YOU, enemies! Get it straight, Alternia needs heroes, so says Lorata Gorgos, and I plan to deliver on that. You know what that means? That means that villains like you don’t mean anything to me. I’m gonna protect kids, kick a** and take names. From Four Fronds to the universe, in the ring and out of the ring.”

He cracked his neck and refocused on Razzle. “Don’t get it twisted, the clowns (not the respectable kind) who think I’m whack would call me a lost cause because of my past. They don’t trust that I’m pro-Alternia, they think that I’m stupid or something. Chiuan Heshui reminds us that no matter how big the sea may be, sometimes two ships meet. And if I meet one of those fools, I’ll give ‘em a Shield Bash right to the sniffnode!”

“I’ve got some pretty serious enemies. There’s nasty trolls out there, Razzle – not like you of course. Sometimes I think that they need to head to the Nightly Grind and be reminded that it’s a brew-tiful world. Lighten up!”

Quote:
"What's one thing you never want to see happen? Like, your biggest fear?"

“Everyone’s afraid of somethin’, Razzle. Since I was a kid I’ve been afraid of losing someone close to me again. I don’t want any other kids out there to lose a friend, to lose their home – their lusus. We’ve all seen too much of that. In the Coliseum, you have to lose folks. It’s just the reality, and the reality of Alternian life. But I’m with Lorata – Alternia needs more heroes, and I’ll do the best I can to fight my fears for everyone.”

A solemn pause as Ganyma stalled for time, remembering the final notecard he had prepared. “I, uh… I… Yeah, gosh. Even in my hometown there’s some scary stuff. Four Fronds has been through a lot, and I just want everyone to know out there that I’m here for you. And hey, uh –“ He stumbled a bit and remembered a quip, “If something you’ve got is broken, head down to Tincan Mechanics. ‘Cos they’re gear-anteed the best!”

Quote:
Another camera hummed into life, and on the tv monitors around the stage, the judges panel slid into view beside the stage in a split screen shot.

Quote:
"On a fun note, if you could travel to any planet for vacation, what would it be like?"

Ganyma’s mouth turned try as the scene changed to the judges panel. This was not something he could prepare for. Thank gog the first question was fairly simple. He brightened up, gesticulating vaguely with his arms as he made his description.

“Ooh! Let’s see. First off, I’d love to bring my buds and sponsors. All of ‘em, really!” He began to list them off the best he knew how, stumbling a bit over their slogans and names as he improvised his answer. “The Nightly Grind, ‘It’s a Brew-tiful world!’ – The Death Dancers, ‘Dance till your opponent drops’, the Glass Shack ‘For the design you don't yet know’, Lorata Gorgos ‘Alternia needs heroes.’, and of course Tincan Mechanics ‘Gear-anteed Success’ and Chiuan Heshui ‘No matter how big the sea may be, sometimes two ships meet.’. Phew.”

He scratched his chin, seeming to have thought of something as he stalled for time. “I think a nice temperate situation, like Four Fronds, would really be the ticket. But with more plains, open areas to stargaze and rocky areas to lift stuff. Hmm. I guess, kinda – a little bit of everything? Like, it’s a real small planet so you could travel wherever you wanted. ‘Cos I like it all! I’ve always liked to travel, but being a fighter’s kinda rough on going places. Fortunately I can head out to do community stuff and meet ‘n greet, say hi to the kiddos and stuff like that. And with my sponsor – er, good friend – I can make time, too.” He sniffed. “I’m here for you!” Ganyma blurted.

Quote:
"Think back to a time when you made a terrible mistake. If you were given the chance to change that past, what would you do?"

This was a tough one. Ganyma’s thoughts began to bubble up and overlap, intertwining dangerously even under his mask.

“I… Man, I don’t know. I have no idea what would happen if I changed anything about my life. I’ve just had so much stuff happen that – who knows how I’d be now? I’m pretty successful as a fighter. I’ve got some good friends in Four Fronds, I get to be on this show – thank you so much, Miss Razzle. I get lovely sponsors like, uh –“ Once again, Ganyma reached into the back of his mind. His delivery of his sponsorships were just as elegant the second time as they were the first. Meaning, not very. “The Nightly Grind, ‘It’s a Brew-tiful world!’ – The Death Dancers, ‘Dance till your opponent drops’… the Glass Shack ‘For the design you don't yet know’……. and, uhhh… Tincan Mechanics ‘Gear-anteed Success’…, I’m here for you all.” he stuttered out.

“Let’s see…” He thought deep in his thinkpan. What if he’d never joined the rebels in the first place? Never went with Puchen? Never went to rehab? Never ran in the Punishment Pits? Never went to the rehabilitation center – again? Never…?

“There was a time when I thought I saw a young troll die.” Ganyma said solemnly. “A pal, an acquaintance. I wish I’d been faster, if not to stop it from happening then to see that he survived. I met up with him later, and – thank gog. He’s changed my life now, so not knowing for sweeps and then realizing someone so important coulda been around you? It changes a troll.”

He’d gotten a little teary behind his mask. Suddenly, he realized something. “Actually, it really really really is like what Heshui says. No matter how big the sea may be, sometimes two ships meet. I wish the sea would have been a little smaller, or my boat a little faster. Just to bring us back together.”

Quote:

He tried to bring himself back to the present, but his previous answer had him choked up and the current question did nothing but add onto his confusion. Thoughts resurfaced that he’d compartmentalized.

“I…” He began. Ganyma scratched at his arm. “I used to think I was mediocre. I was given more than one chance at life, and I want people to know I’ve fought tooth and horn for those chances. I’ve clawed my way out of every bad situation, and sometimes – yeah, sometimes it still sucks. I know there’s some chance that there’s a kid out there like me who feels that way, who maybe doesn’t have the means to do what they really want deep down inside. You can be a fighter like me. You can live in Four Fronds, you can work your way up – or you can do something different. Be a – be happy with your art. Like the Silvios at the Glass Shack, spreading their passion through art. Or, or – Mr. Glatte at the Nightly Grind, spreading the brew-tiful world out there with liquid joy. Or Chiara Moteku’s Death Dancers, dancing until their opponents drop and entertaining the masses through their physical fitness and charisma. Even something humble. Something necessary is so important. Like the mechanics at Tincan, who gear-antee the best. Just go out there and be the best version of you that you can be. If people know you as the real you, I think, that’s, uh… That’s the real special thing.”

He seemed a little lost, but his words were from the heart. The lights changed just vaguely enough for Ganyma to register that he was still on the tube and it panicked him back into his persona. He flexed his arms and pointed at the camera. “That’s it, kids everywhere! Shield! I’m here for you and you’d better know me for that! You’d better believe it. Thanks, everyone!”

Quote:
Soft but enthusiastic applause rang out again, reinforced by Razzle clapping away. On the screen, the judges pannel slipped back out of view as Razzle leaned in. "And now, we will take some questions from the audience before wrapping up. All phone lines are open!"

Sypon
Vice Captain

artificial bones

Sexy Goat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:49 pm
Frendo was a bundle of energy as makeup drones buzzed around him, adding the final touches to his makeup. Another thrilling design, with his eyes lined in dark orange with bright orange bursts at the corner of his eyes. They had contemplated adding a blush, but with all the pent up energy he had, his face was already flushed orange as it was, so after one last dab with a large fluffy powderball, he was finished. The orangeblood all but leapt from his seat and hurried off to the entrance area for his big interview.

His pumpbiscuit was pounding in his ears as he tried to get comfortable in the seat beside Razzle, but between his own excitement and the power and beauty radiating off of the older troll, he couldn't get himself to stop fidgeting. His legs swung happily off the edge of the seat, and he put on his best smile as the camera drone silently counted down from five.

Five.
Four.
Three.
Two.
One.
Here we go!

Quote:
There was a hushed but long applause as the cameras swung in towards the two chairs. Razzle, with an expression of deep and genuine interest, clasped her hands together and began the introductions. "Welcome back to Superstar Authority, sweet things. I have with me tonight Frenzz. Hold onto your seats as we delve deep into their genuine, exciting, unique and vivid life with our probing and thought provoking interview. Frenzz, how have you found Superstar Authority so far? Is it living up to your expectations? What's your best memory so far?"

"Hey der, Razzle! I'm so excited ta be here! Also, may I add, ya sure are one magnificent troll! Maybe one day I'll radiate the energy dat ya do!" he winked playfully, like Laughdads had taught him to do, and gave a small laugh before continuing on with the conversation. He had questions to answer, after all! The sequins of his suit sparkled and glinted as he shifted again in his seat, "Y'know, it's been AMAZIN. I've neva have had as much fun as I'm havin' here, and neva been so spoiled. Maybe it's jus me, but I gotta little hot cloth treatment, when dey put dat cloth on yur face and letcha steam y'know?, from a drone backstage and dat had ta be da best thing I've ever experienced. And all da attention?" he let out a little whistle and fanned his face with his hand,

"It's enough ta make ya blush! Definitely way beyond what I coulda ever expected! I'm super thankful ta be here!" he paused for a moment then, as if he hadn't already worked on his answers, to give the interview that real, unscripted feel, before replying to her final question, eyes lighting up with enthusiasm as he spoke, "Best memory, hmm? Could I jus say everything?" he laughed heartily before finishing, "Though I guess if ya gunna make me pick, I'd hafta say it's meetin with da other contestants and m'fans! I've met some amazin', strong, beautiful'nd helpful trolls durin da time I've been in dis competition, and I'm espcially thankful ta Miss Chiara for visitin' me at my booth- shes m'sponsor down at Death Dancers, where dey're ready ta dance till ya opponent drops!

I even got ta mingle at Underworld, who, as y'know, is another sponsor of mine, where dey're always down ta misbehave
" as he spoke, Frendo leaned back in his seat, legs swinging at a slower pace, his body language giving off a strong sense of confidence and ease as he spoke of his many fond memories meeting trolls in the last few weeks.

Quote:

Frendo grinned ear to ear as Razzle asked her question, because this was one he could easily answer, "Y'know, most might think I'd say it's m'charmin' smile," he gave a wink to the camera, for good measure, "Or maybe m'fearless nature, which sure's one of my better strengths, but I gotta say my greatest strength has ta be m'determination! I won't give up, not ever! Dat's gear-unteed! like dey say over at Tincan Mechanics," the orangeblood gave a small laugh and leaned forward as he continued to speak, eyes lit with the fire of enthusiasm, "An' its a versitle strength! It spans over all of m'life decisions! I won' give up onna task, a troll, or a cause iffin I believe in dem! I wanna be a pillar, somethin sturdy and definite in dis wild, and as Nightly Grind puts it, brew-tiful world for anyone who needs it! I am determined to continue on, an' nevah quit!" he pumped his fist as he finished, and flashed another signature grin at Razzle and the cameras.

Quote:

Until recently, Frendo hadn't had much for goals. Maybe add some plants to his garden, finish and perfect his stimtea recipes? Sure, he had daily goals like go here, do this, but never a big goal. Suddenly, with this competition, he found himself thinking deeper, wondering what his future might hold. Of course, during rehearsal he had still been struggling to put his words together, figure out how to say what he wanted to say, but now he knew, and he spoke with chipper confidence, pearly whites flashing just like the bling on his clothing, "I think m'biggest goal in life is ta challenge myself every day! I know dat sounds small, but think bout it. If I start off wit little steps, one day I'll be standing high lookin' down like, 'wow, lookit all I've done', and den I'll look up an'say, 'I can do even better'. I wanna look back and know dat each day I challenged myself ta become stronger, more fearless, more compassionate! Lorata Gorgos says we need more heros, an' if I can challenge m'self every day, one day I could be jus dat!"

Quote:

Another easy answer, and a chance to show off a little of his softer side, and toss in another sponsor with ease! Still Frendo glanced down at his hands before speaking, for a moment missing the dirt under his nails and the earthy tinge left behind from a hard days work. Now they were scrubbed clean and manicured, though they ached to dig. He glanced up and smiled at Razzle, though softer this time as he lightly admitted, "While I do enjoy seekin' exciting new spots ta explore, I have ta say m'true hobby is gardenin'," he casually glossed over the fact that his garden wasn't an average run of the mill garden, and more of a den of poisons and supplements, "Just so relaxin', and healin', ta work with plants. Ta care for something an' watch it grow and bloom!

And da sweet smell of freshly turned dirt can't be beat, nothin' will ever change m'mind. And I think m'sponsors at Cartwheelin' Deals, where dey productively produce produce an' cart it with care, can agree with me on dat one! Honestly nothin' beats a day of workin' in m'garden,
" even if it was just a tiny indoor thing he had jimmyrigged in one of the blocks of his little hive(leaving him and Laughdads to share a snug room that just barely fit the large lusus and his coon), it was still one of Frendo's favourite places to be.

Quote:

"Definitely gotta say our strength and perseverance!" gosh, that was a hard word, he had had to practice it in the mirror several times before going on for his interview, just to make sure he said it right! "I've seen it in every troll I meet! A sense of strength and a will ta keep goin no matter what! It's what inspires me, and da reason I believe der ain't nothin' ta fear 'cept fear itself! No matter what happens ta us, we just keep goin, keep grownin!" he gave a quirky thumbs up to the camera, as if to cheer on all of Alternia that was watching. Keep on going! Never stop!

Quote:
"Is there one memory that stands out in your mind as 'Oh my god, this totally sucks'?"

This, this was a tough question. Frendo always tried to see the good in everything, never the bad. So dredging up a terrible memory was like looking for a black meowbeast in a dark room. The silence pulled on for a few seconds, and the little orangeblood felt his anxiety crawling up and rearing its ugly head. Oh man, how could he let this question stump him!? He had to have something.

He quickly grabbed at something when it popped into his head and responded with a flushed face, "Probably one of m'toughest times was when I got separated from m'lusus," okay, so it hadn't been so bad, and he had spent most of his time visiting with trolls on the street while his lusus ran around in a panic, but they didn't know that, "I spent several hours wanderin an' lookin for dem, and for a moment I even thought I'd never mind'm! Silly now, but back den it was a scary thought! Thankfully, the trolls in my beloved city of New Hemisect were pretty friendly and with some help, I was reunited with m'lusus! "

Quote:

Frendo instantly had an answer. It was easy, because it was something that was always on his mind, and the only thing he truly feared, but he had to play it lightly, as to not go against his persona, "Hey now, didn' I say der ain't nothin ta fear 'cept fear itself?" a light chuckle, before letting his smile soften into something a little more serious, "But no, I suppose everyone's, even someone fearless like me, gotta have somethin' dey fear. For me, it's disappointment. I neva wanna disappoint anyone! Dat would jus kill me ta know I couldn' have done better. I nevah wanna fail at somethin', it scares me ta even think 'bout. Of course, den I get myself inta dis competition, where I'm at risk of disappointin so many, but I like ta think this is just another way to challenge myself, ta make m'self even better den I was! Or maybe I'm jussa glutton for punishment!" he giggled at his comment, like it was just a joke, even though both would be very true. He wisely decided to keep that to himself.

Quote:

Quote:
"So, when are you most comfortable? Like, a time, a place, a state of mind, darling?"

Frendo gave an eager wave to the judges, ready to answer their questions and impress them with his pep! He had already managed to charm one of them with his first introduction, so now he needed to impress the rest! He shifted in his seat to get a little more comfortable as Aandes asked his question.

Pfft, easy! He grinned that megawatt smile and responded, "When I'm focused onna task! Any time I can put m'self ta work an' see progress makes me feel like a million beetles! From climbin to da topsa trees ta hikin da highest peaks ta simply gardenin or workin for a troll on some project! I just can't stop, I gotta keep goin'! Anywhere can be comfortable to me as long as I can get m'self inta dat state of mind!" he grinned and tilted his head, hoping that was a decent enough answer. It seemed simple and a little short, but it was said with true feeling and he hoped that came across!

Quote:
"Every good artist has a muse behind them. I’m curious, who is your biggest inspiration?"

Frendo flushed as he looked at Odette. She was just so gosh darn pretty, and her question struck a chord in him. He quickly responded, in softer tones, "I think m'biggest inspiration hasta be m'lusus, Laughdads. Dey are my biggest supporters, my biggest fans, even before dis competition. Dey have always pushed me and kept me goin'! I do what I do to make dem proud, and I like ta think dat makes dem idol, m'hero an' muse! From der strength ta der kindness, dey have inspired me ta be da best I can be, an' thanks ta dem, I can sit here before ya and answer des questions!" he gave a soft smile and added to the camera, "Thanks Dads! Here's ta ya!"

Quote:

Frendo couldn't even wait for a few seconds after Regina asked her question, he was to eager to respond! He quickly blurted out with little forethought, "For m'bravery! I want trolls ta see me an' be able to say, 'dats a brave troll right der'! I want dem ta look up to me as an example of confidence. I plan on bringin da fire ta dis competition, and I want trolls ta remember me for dat bravery, dat strength ta do somethin' dangerous!"

Of course, he also wanted to be known for his compassion, his willingness to help others and his community, but being known as the 'brave troll' fit his persona better, and if there was one thing that had been beaten into the little orangebloods head it was to show off his persona AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, which he thought he had done a pretty good job of during this interview(of course, he could have always done better, but...whatever). As the interview ended he gave a wave to the cameras and called out, "Thanks for havin' me, and don' ya forget, I'm Frenzz and der ain't nothing ta fear 'cept fear itself! Have a great night everyone! Thanks for watchin'!"

Quote:
Soft but enthusiastic applause rang out again, reinforced by Razzle clapping away. On the screen, the judges pannel slipped back out of view as Razzle leaned in. "And now, we will take some questions from the audience before wrapping up. All phone lines are open!"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:57 pm
Quote:
There was a hushed but long applause as the cameras swung in towards the two chairs. Razzle, with an expression of deep and genuine interest, clasped her hands together and began the introductions. "Welcome back to Superstar Authority, sweet things. I have with me tonight NOVA. Hold onto your seats as we delve deep into their genuine, exciting, unique and vivid life with our probing and thought provoking interview. NOVA, how have you found Superstar Authority so far? Is it living up to your expectations? What's your best memory so far?"

The interview preparation was smooth sailing compared to the initial introductions. Granted, running down the odd-end of a firing range would have been gentle compared to that carnival. It was almost lonely for Sascha to be the only Superstar contestant backstage that night. Incredibly glamorous and exhilarating, sure. It was in stark contrast to being surrounded by twenty-something trolls in the same metaphorical boat. To some degree the present treatment made Sascha feel like he’d already won.

Sascha carried that aura through the evening until he found himself sitting opposite Razzle Dazzle herself. Sascha found the moniker appropriate as the stage lighting ricocheted off the tealblood’s elaborate makeup. Sascha could only hope his own look was creating a similar effect as he sprawled across his seat. He crossed his legs and adjusted his jacket, letting the light catch on the slick leather and numerous sequins.

"Happy to be here, Razzle!" Sascha crowed to the camera as much as he did to the troll physically in the room with him. "In case I haven’t been obvious enough, Superstar Authority is what I’m all about! The lights, the crowds, the spectacle! Like I’m used to ‘dancing ‘til my opponent drops,’ with my experience as a Death Dancer, but Superstar Authority is on a whole ‘nother level. I got a lotta opponents to drop, so I’m not about to stop dancing anytime soon. Tenacity. Brutality. Drama. I came to rock this stage, and that’s exactly what I’m gonna do." Sascha found he was leaning into the question, one hand on his knee like he planned to spring into action. He laughed off some of the adrenaline and leaned back, rolling his shoulders as he continued. "On a more sentimental note, I’m grateful for the opportunity to be here, Razzle. I miss being away from my home of Chittentown. The club scene just ain’t the same as ‘misbehaving’ back at Underworld. On the other hand, while out working the Superstar scene abroad, I had the particular opportunity to duke it out with my fellow contestant Shield at the famous Four Fronds Coliseum. Always been a wigglerhood dream of mine to knock some heads for the big leagues like that. Granted I got my own head knocked pretty soundly!" Sascha chuckled good-naturedly, "Not sound enough to stop, of course. All it’s done is let me know to hit back twice as hard, twice as fast next time. There will be a next time, big guy." Sascha winked pointedly at the camera. "Heroes don’t quit, after all, and Alternia needs heroes. I’m not about to let Lorata Gorgos down, much less the whole of Alternia."

Quote:

Sascha sat up straight and squared his shoulders. "My strength is my strength if I’m gonna be direct about it," Sascha said matter-of-factly. After only a half-second of straight facedness, Sascha broke into a grin, "I work hard and I play hard. Death Dancing is both simultaneously. You don’t get to have it all without serious firepower. Physical strength, mental strength, and of course, the charismatic wherewithal to look good doing it." Sascha smirked. "My motto is to ‘burn bright.’ I can’t put much towards searing myself into the audience’s thinkpan if I don’t have force or endurance. I’m a NOVA, not a flashbulb." Sascha shrugged casually, though his sharp expression betrayed his conviction. "Like job says, I’m gonna ‘drop a lot of opponents’ before I retire."

A thoughtful look crossed Sascha’s face briefly. "Not like retiring to Chittentown is much of a break considering how ruthless the terrain is. I’ll be fighting fish-rain, sandstorms, and Underworld mosh-pits until the night I die. Just how I like it!"

Quote:
"If I were to go to one of your closest friends, how would they describe you?"

"Well now," Sascha reclined and kicked one of his feet as he genuinely considered the question. Giving thought to other people’s feelings was never his strong suit. Neither was ‘having close friends.’ A few faces flashed through his mind regardless. Sascha resisted the urge to snort. Knowing the type of people he tended to get along with, it was probably for the best this question was hypothetical. "They’re certainly not the type to mince words! You’d have a much shorter interview than this one. They’d say I’m a big personality if they’re feeling particularly sweet. I’m driven and I’m not quiet about what I want. I say I’m gonna go for it and I do it. All my friends and enemies have at least a couple anecdotes on hand." Sascha laughed in spite of himself. A good chunk of those anecdotes were unflattering, but that wasn’t something Superstar Authority viewers needed to know. "Singing, dancing, shopping--I can turn anything into some kind of competition or crusade. Even the most mundane errands are more fun when you turn ‘em into something you can win. That’s actually how I met my friend and sponsor Cerpin Sugall of Underworld. I was running karaoke at Bloodfest when he shows up all glitz and stage presence," Sascha leaned forward in mock conspiracy, "Now it might be hard to tell, but I’ve got a certain love of the spotlight." Sascha leaned back, all smiles as he continued his story, "So I jump up on stage and we start rocking this duet--total strangers the two of us! Definitely against the rules of the karaoke booth, but ‘misbehaving’ is something Cerpin and I have in common. That and our lovely home of Chittentown, of course. Also a sick sense of fashion. He was the one who picked out this excellent jacket." Sascha spread and twisted his arms, causing the sequins to twinkle spastically. "The wristbands are from Phoenix Down Bakery, though. Cute, right? You’d think Calida would go into accessories with designs like these, but that just goes to show how great the baked goods are. Guess taste is cross-medium."

Quote:

Sascha returned his hands to his knees, which he drummed as he considered the question. It wasn’t a tough one. "Trolls are a race of conquerors. We’ve never just been Alternia--certainly not to our enemies. We were the Alterinian Empire. Regardless the state of affairs now, that’s more than can be said of most planets in the known universe. Say what you will about ‘the system.’ It’s cruel, but effective. Alternia produces warriors. Good ones. I plan to be head and horns above even that. We’ve got warriors, but ‘Alternia needs heroes.’" Sascha nodded; his fists clenched. "Every aspect of Alternian culture is similarly driven, regardless of color or purpose. Hell, Phoenix Down Bakery--their motto is ‘no meal is too big, no troll is too small.’ Even cupcakes are intense with us."

Quote:
"Why did you join Superstar Authority?"

Sascha cackled and reared back in his seat. He landed forward heavily, slapping his thigh. "Well for those of you just tuning in at home, I’m NOVA. I’m brutal, I’m tenacious, and I’m dramatic. My goal is to ‘burn bright, and sear myself into my audience’s thinkpans. When they look away, all they’ll see is me.’ It’s how I’ve been in every pursuit of mine, and how I’ll keep on until I die. Superstar Authority happens to be the biggest, flashiest, and most competitive source of spotlight to date. There’s no way I could let a gauntlet like this stand before me unchallenged." Sascha resettled himself in his seat. "Win or lose, Superstar Authority isn’t gonna be my final destination. My Death Dancing career might say I ‘dance until my opponent drops,’ but I can do a hell of a lot more than dance."

Quote:

A small frown of surprise twisted itself across Sascha’s face. It settled into a look of careful consideration. Sascha half-snorted, half-sighed as the answer sat obnoxiously on his shoulders. He regarded Razzle with a wry smile.

"The compulsion to push my own limits has landed me a lot of opportunities. I’m here, for one. The support of each of my sponsors--Underworld, Death Dancers, Phoenix Down, Lorata--those have been active pursuits on my part. There’s also my time spent at the Chittentown Technical Center," Sascha’s lips went tight between his words, "I have no regrets. I do, however, have awareness that my bullheaded ambition has and will get me into trouble. If I’m lucky, it’ll be trouble I can muscle myself back out of. I’m sure as hell not about to stop, especially not when I’m on such an upswing. What kind of fun would that be for the audience?" Sascha tossed a grin over his shoulder towards the camera.

Quote:

"Being forgotten," Sascha answered without pause, "Not having done anything worth remembering." Sascha unspooled his arms across the back of his seat, though the intensity of his posturing was far cooler than previously. "That said, I’m already making good progress blowing the chances of that straight outta the water. After that I’ll be unstoppable!" Sascha laughed loudly to indicate he was joking. Mostly. "Don’t get me wrong. I’m here because it’s fun and I love a challenge. A genuine labor of love. Fear is no less an effective motivator, though. Fear of death, fear of boredom, fear of obscurity. It all pushes people to aim for greatness. The takeaway is that every facet of my person is here to ‘burn bright,’ for you, audience." Sascha facetiously blew a kiss to one of the cameras.

Quote:

Quote:
"Let's say you were betrayed - betrayed by someone close to you. How would you react in that situation. Mmm?"

Sascha lit up at the appearance of the judges’ panel. "Hello to you too, Aandes! Should I be worried?" Sascha chuckled and leaned into his seat. One hand tapped against his jaw as he walked himself and the audience through his thought process. "I’m a practical guy. If I see someone’s got a good opportunity on the horizon that involves cutting through me, I’m gonna expect them to do something about it. If they don’t, well kudos on the good sportsmanship. If they do, I’m strong enough to take what’s thrown my way. I’m not one to take things personal, but I’m also not one to take things lying down. They take from me, I take from them. Physically… Metaphorically… Whatever sends the strongest, most direct message. If they want something bad enough to cross me, then they gotta be willing to pay the price. Like I said, I’m a practical guy." Sascha flipped his hand outwards in a matter-of-fact gesture. "’Alternia needs heroes,’ and I’m here putting myself on display. If I can’t protect my own interests, that’s on me."

Quote:
"I want to hear you define your dreams, dear. What does success mean to you?"

Sascha regarded Odette with calm interest. He was curious if she remembered him from the Root all those sweeps ago. He had no idea what kind of person she was at the time or would go on to be. Sascha had heard the stories since then. He wanted to know where he fit into Odette’s timeline. Still, tonight wasn’t about her, it was about him. Sascha smiled pleasantly and bounced his leg.

"For starters: winning Superstar Authority. Just putting that out there. Beyond that, success means moving on to the next challenge. New game, new terrain, new opponents. Proving myself on one battleground means I’ve got what it takes to advance to even grander settings. Personally I can barely fathom what would follow something planet-wide like Superstar Authority, but I’m psyched as hell to find out."

Quote:
"How d'you pick your friends?"

Sascha had never imagined being directly addressed by the empress in his lifetime. It was simultaneously more and less formal than he would have expected, considering both the nature of Superstar Authority and the question Regina was asking him.

It was a question that required genuine thought from Sascha, which surprised him, as it wasn’t particularly probing. He mentally ran down the list of trolls he would consider his friends. When that list ran dry, he moved to “people who didn’t actively dislike him.”

"I get along best with people who are driven. They don’t gotta be as driven as me. I’d be pretty damn lonely if that were the case." Sascha laughed. "But they gotta be passionate! They gotta want something! Most of all, they gotta be willing to put in the time and legwork to go for it! Anything less is boring! S’why I get along with my sponsors. We all want the spotlight Superstar Authority can provide, and we’re willing to throw down for it. Cerpin, Chiara, Calida, Lorata--they’re a team I can count on to take this competition by the horns. We’re gonna push each other to greater heights."

Quote:

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:47 pm
Quote:
Punkie danced her way to the center of the stage, doing an odd mix of break-dancing and ballet. Her ribbons streaming behind her, the colorful text of each of her sponsor's slogans fluttering as the Juggalo spun and danced. As she neared the host, the Juggalo came to a stop, striking a pose. "Whoop whoop ********!" The girl yelled, honking a red "Holy Gigglebumps Amusement Park" horn in the process. The Juggalo threw the horn out into the audience, spun around one more time, than seated herself in the grand interview chair. She made a hand gesture and someone off stage slid a duffel bag to her, and the Juggalo winked. Oh boy did she have surprises, of the treat kind, and the trick kind.

Quote:
There was a hushed but long applause as the cameras swung in towards the two chairs. Razzle, with an expression of deep and genuine interest, clasped her hands together and began the introductions. "Welcome back to Superstar Authority, sweet things. I have with me tonight Trick-or-Treat. Hold onto your seats as we delve deep into their genuine, exciting, unique and vivid life with our probing and thought provoking interview. Trick-or-Treat, how have you found Superstar Authority so far? Is it living up to your expectations? What's your best memory so far?"

Quote:
Punkie could hardly sit still in front of the camera. "I am just so ******** ecstatic to be here!" The Juggalo said, smiling radiantly. "Superstar Authority has been the best goddamned thing this side of the ******** Dark Carnival! The mirth! The havoc! The goddamned joy I've seen on these cesspool troll's faces, it really makes the whole thing ******** worth it!" Punkie reached down into the duffel bag and pulled out another confetti cannon. Like the one she had used for her introduction, the cannon shot out the items she had displayed at her booth. All expertly attached to little parachutes, the sponsor items floated down to the audience. There were several pairs of sunglasses from Lorata Gorgos, a few Exquisite jeweled perfumes from Eridia Tsifer, one or two Wristbands with a feather decal and Cheap Polaroid cameras from Phoenix Down and The Nightly Grind, and finally, a real catch; a whole rutabaga from Cart Wheeling Deals slowly floated down to whichever lucky troll got the big prize. "For those grubcakes mirthful enough to have visited my ******** booth, you got a performance to remember! Let me tell you, all the ******** stops got pulled at this trick or treat bonanza!" Punkie winked, thinking of the adorable little blueblood that had come to her booth, and her performance there. "And that's just the start shitheads, I put on a show for my fanatic fans, but don't the rest of you worry, there is more where that ******** came from!" The Juggalo stood up and preformed a cartwheel, then spun herself back into the interview chair, looking expectantly for the next question.

Quote:

Quote:
Punkie was going to start with her simple answer, and then ramp it up. "Razzel, Alternia is already goddamned beautiful, but i want to make it ******** mirthful! Ya viewers might have seen me out there, but i put a lot o my goddamned elbow-greese into seeding this ******** planet with flowers and plants of all kind. Ima make Alternia ******** beautiful again!" Punkie stood up on this last line, raising her hands in the air. The juggalo then sat down and addressed the host again.

"Razzel, I don't know if your goddamned sponge clots caught this, but I'm a ******** juggalo!" Punkie stood up and yelled her catchphrase, "Whoop whoop ********> Then sat back down to address the rest of the question. "And I aim to spread the goddamned mirth to all yall ******** out there!" The Juggalo reached down and pulled out another surprise from her bag. It was a large beach ball, with the logo for the "Underworld" plastered over its entire surface. She stood up, tossed the ball lightly in the air, and, as if playing volleyball, bounced it high into the air with her arms. With the push of a button the beach ball exploded, raining gold and orange glitter over everyone. "Let's raise the ******** roof on this damned competition!"

Quote:

Quote:
Punkie giggled, "Oh Razzel, ide say my ******** showmanship has gotta be the debauchery of my being." The girl grinned at the camera. "As a juggalo keeping my damned charisma and showmanship up is vital to my spreading of the Holy word! So Keep those look-stalks ******** peeled, your gonna wanna get as much of a gander of my showmanship as ya can!" The Juggalo pulled out a can of silly putty, spraying it as she spun in a circle on stage.

Quote:

Quote:
Punkie grinned as big as was juggalo-nly possible. the girl almost screamed. As if on Que, a cart rolled up, its every surface covered with home-made punkin pies. "I make my self, each pie has a shitload o mirth, and is damned guaranteed to bring a smile to yer face!" The juggalo picked up a pie lovingly, and then threw it out into the audience. The juggalo continued to throw the pies until there were none left, then pushed the cart back from where it had come. "For the best pies for punkin pie, go to "Cart Wheeling Deals!" They got the most ******** fresh punkins a troll could ask for!"

Quote:

Quote:
"Ooooh am i goddamned tickled ya asked that!" The Juggalo said. "I got a hobby for ya bonebuldges, hope ya like yourself some ******** rap battles!" The Juggalo got up and started to breakdance, a nice beat comming from the stereo system.

"Your here for my treats and some ******** tricks,
I'm here ta preform, knock some socks off ya dicks!
Get ready for a miracle,
It's comin at ya lyrical,
Let it wash ya away with its ******** mirth.
Let it ******** run u over with its goddamned girth.
It's the way, I say,
The way of the messiah,
Of ever getting higher,
Off this ********, crazy a**, s**t storm called life."

The juggalo grinned as she completed her rap battle, but then wiggled her finger at the audience, is if telling them off. The juggalo reached down to her seemingly bottomless duffel bag and pulled out another cannon or sorts. "Another thing i absolutely ******** LOVE is flowers!" The girl yelled, pulling the trigger on the machine. A field of flowers rained down upon the audience, adding a pleasant aroma to the air.

Quote:

Quote:
Punkie frowned, she had prepared for this question of course, but her answer made her sad anyway. "One of my passions is making Alternia ******** beautiful, with flowers, plants, and mirth." Punkie said, her face becoming serious. "If that were ta fail, if Alternia were to go ******** and get s**t on, well that would break my ******** plumb biscuit." If she could, Punkie would have shed a tear here. Except it would mess with her immaculately applied face paint, and that would be awful."

Quote:

Quote:
Punkie put on a thinking face, and tapped her lower lip with her finger. "Once!" the juggalo began, leaning back. "Once i burned a pie, so ******** bad, that my whole hive was filled with black smoke." Punkie shook her head sadly. "The pie did not make it the ******** out. Was the biggest waste of those goddamned Cart wheeling Deals punkins ever. From that ******** moment on, i vowed to never let another pie burn." Punkie finished, fire in her eyes.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
If there was a table, Punkie would have flipped it. "THE ******** MINDSET OF MIRTH!" The juggalo screamed with joy. "When you let your glubbin thinkpan be mirthful, it makes life worth living."

Quote:
"I want to hear you define your dreams, dear. What does success mean to you?"

Quote:
"Success," the juggalo started, "Is spreading the mirth, one ******** smile at a time." The juggalo tilted her head to the side and gave the redblood one of her best smiles.

Quote:

Quote:
Punkie looked at the camera and smiled, then emitted a loud honk.

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:42 pm
Chiara had been spacing out, not really giving the interviews on her vision tube much thought. She had to watch them, to make sure the competitors didn't say anything stupid, but that was about it. Each competitor answered how she figured they would, adding plenty of flashy words and exaggerations to their answers. Whatever to make themselves look good.

seekingCylem
I have a question!
Question: Do you have feelings for one of your sponsors?
Rp question: The blueblood did quirk up an eyebrow as she half listened to Sascha's interview. Or NOVA as he was calling himself now. He sure was talking about Cerpin a lot... The blueblood glared at the vision tube, suspicious. Cerpin knew a lot of trolls she knew... and she wasn't sure how to feel about that... Also Sascha was talking more about Cerpin than her, and that was irritating. Chiara frowned, it would be funny just to call in a question for Sascha, so she picked up the phone, mischief on her face. "You sure mentioned Cerpin a lot, are there any particular feelings you have for one of your sponsors?" The blueblood said over the phone, holding her nose to throw her voice off.

stringency
I have a question!
Question: Have you ever done anything illegal in your pursuit of stunts?
Rp question: Chiara grinned in satisfaction as Frendo mentioned her as a sponsor. What a good little orangeblood! He was just breezing through the interview, it really looked like he had practiced and had it all down. Well that was boring. Chiara thought for a second, she wanted to ask something that would throw him off guard, something fun. "Have you ever done anything illegal in your pursuit of stunts?" The blueblood asked, lowering her voice just in case someone could tell it was her.

Sypon
I have a question!
Question: Do you have anyone special inn your life? Red or black?
Rp question: Chiara rolled her eyes as Ganyma threw sponsored catchphrases into all his answers, and shook her head at some of his responses. He was being really good at keeping to his mask and his act. The blueblood wanted more. Dirty secrets, gossip, something. "Do you have anyone special in your life? Red or black?" Chiara said in a high pitched voice over the phone. It wasn't like a particular scandalous question, but she was starting slow, hoping maybe some fan-troll might ask something more personal.

nepsah
I have a question!
Question: Do you have any fantasies you would like fulfilled?
Rp question: Chiara frowned as she heard Cerise's name come up before hers. She should have made the request that Apibom not associate themselves with that redblood, but Chiara took a sip of whiskey and settled it down. She liked Api, she didn't want to screw them over... too much at least, but she had to do something, their interview was going smoothly. The blueblood pinched her nose and used the phone to dial in a question. Master of voice disguise. "Do you have any fantasies you would like fulfilled?" Chiara snorted as she quickly hung up the phone. There, could be an innocent question, could be something else, up to Apibom to decide.

Micillia

Dapper Duck

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:41 pm
Quote:
There was a hushed but long applause as the cameras swung in towards the two chairs. Razzle, with an expression of deep and genuine interest, clasped her hands together and began the introductions. "Welcome back to Superstar Authority, sweet things. I have with me tonight Peachick. Hold onto your seats as we delve deep into their genuine, exciting, unique and vivid life with our probing and thought provoking interview. Peachick, how have you found Superstar Authority so far? Is it living up to your expectations? What's your best memory so far?"

Tzofia was pretty sure her heart was going to beat right out of her chest at this rate. Peapop was just offstage, of course, but the lack of his presence close at hand made it hard to tell herself he was close enough to be able to help her if needed. There were so many lights and so many eyes on her, and while she'd been able to push through for her introduction, this felt ten times more difficult to handle. She hadn't had to have one on one conversations with Razzle Dazzle or the judges that time. She was going to die.

"U-um." As they got started, the costumed purpleblood had trouble focusing on anything but her rising surety that this was going to be the death of her. Aware that she was being asked questions, but unable to process them immediately, she stared blankly back at the host for several uncomfortably long seconds. She felt tears forming at the corners of her eyes and blinked rapidly to try and dismiss them. What had she been asked again? What was she supposed to say? Think. Think.

"O-overwhelming," she said finally, voice shaky with nerves. Emboldened a bit, now that she'd gotten a word out (and a true one at that), she straightened and put more effort into regaining a steadier, more cheerful tone. She had to be Peachick. "It's all been a bit overwhelming for me, because it's not what I'm used to at all. But I entered the competition knowing that it would be a brand new experience, and that I would be able to make a lot more connections with all kinds of trolls, and it's definitely been all of that too." Now what had that last question been? A memory?

"My best memory so far has definitely been during my meet and greets. There were a lot of interesting people who came through my booth in Civisect, but there was one request I got that turned into a little group dance. It was a lot of fun!"

Quote:

"My greatest strength?" Tzofia paused, trying to grasp at the answers she'd practiced for all of these questions. She was barely even getting started with this interview and already it was just so much. "I think...I think it would be that, well, I always do my best!" She pitched her voice up into the familiar cadence of the catchphrase, and then shook her head. "That's important, I think. Even when things seem impossible, you have to try."

Quote:

"It's hard to pick just one to be my favorite, really." And most of them were from before, but thinking about that little detail wouldn't do her any good. "Learning to dance with my lusus is always a good one, or...Ah! My friend Calida, she's actually one of my sponsors now, the owner of the Phoenix Down Bakery? We've been friends for- well, for a long while now! Spending time with her has always been fun, but getting to be a taste tester while we were hanging out was definitely one of the best parts. If you're ever in the area of her store in Civisect, you should give it a try too!"

Quote:

"Oh! That's an easy one," she said with a relieved little giggle. "I'm sure you all already know this by now, but I love dancing! I was so happy to find a sponsor who encouraged that, so thank you again to Modadi Balloa for supporting me." She waved towards one of the cameras. "But um, other than that, I also collect sea glass and do a little crafting with it, although nothing as fancy as what the Glass Shack can make. It's nice living near the beach, because I don't have to go far to find it, right?"

Quote:
"Say you could change the world, in any way. What would you do?"

"Um...I think...I think I'd want everyone to work together more. Everyone." She paused, trying to gather her thoughts up into a good explanation of what she really meant. "Alternia is a beautiful world," she gave a little amused sound, "a brew-tiful world even. We should be able to work together to keep it that way and improve on it without someone lying and sabotaging it." She fidgeted a little uncomfortably after that, aware she was going a bit off-Peachick but unable to stop. "No more tragedies like- like the Civisect Space Ladder. That's what I'd change."

Quote:

"O-oh. I guess I kind of already..." She paused, shook her head, and started again. "I'm sure you've already guessed as much, but I was one of the trolls caught up in things when- when the explosion..." There were those tears again. She shouldn't have brought this up. She'd just been trying to answer the questions as honestly as possible, but she could have thought of something else. She should have thought of something else. "I don't want that to happen again."

Quote:
"If I were to go to one of your worst enemies, how would they describe you?"

"Enemies?" And there was that squeak in her voice again. "I don't think- Do you think I have very many enemies?" Were they in the crowd right now? Razzle must have noticed that she was getting into a panic over the thought, because she took that moment to move on to the next bit. Now she would have to face the judges.

Quote:

Quote:

"Familiar places," the purpleblood started, still calming down a bit after that last question. "Civisect, on the beach when it's not so crowded. It's best when it's raining. And when I'm dancing, too. Everything seems so much better when I'm dancing."

Quote:
"Every good artist has a muse behind them. I’m curious, who is your biggest inspiration?"

"My lusus is a big one. He taught me everything I know, after all, especially my dancing skills. And also so many of my sponsors are inspirations." she gave a little laugh before continuing earnestly. "I know it might seem like I'm just saying that to get their names out there more, but they really are! Modadi Balloa, The Nightly Grind, and especially the Phoenix Down Bakery, The Glass Shack, and Cart Wheeling Deals. I don't know much about running businesses, but I think it's really admirable that they're doing so well they can even sponsor people like me on top of everything else they must have to do."

Quote:

"I hope people will remember my dancing, even after all of this! Like I said in my introduction, I really just want to make people smile when things seem tough. I think that's something we could all use from time to time."

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:54 pm
Quote:
There was a hushed but long applause as the cameras swung in towards the two chairs. Razzle, with an expression of deep and genuine interest, clasped her hands together and began the introductions. "Welcome back to Superstar Authority, sweet things. I have with me tonight Wallas Ziegel. Hold onto your seats as we delve deep into their genuine, exciting, unique and vivid life with our probing and thought provoking interview. Wallas Ziegel, how have you found Superstar Authority so far? Is it living up to your expectations? What's your best memory so far?"

Wallas shifted himself in his seat slightly, trying as hard as he could to give off an air of confidence and poise. He tilted his head and made a thoughtful noise as he mulled over his answers. “Well, let’s see. Superstar Authority has been an amazing experience so far, definitely. It has gone beyond my expectations. I’ve had a wonderful time working with my sponsors- those would be The Nightly Grind, Phoenix Down, The Glass Shack, and Eridia Tsifer- and meeting the fans that have come to see me. The events to showcase my hard work have also been a lot of fun.” He paused before addressing the third question of the set. “I’d say that my best memory so far has to be giving my introduction. It felt really good to show off not only how handy I can be, but my determination too. Putting that video together was an undertaking, but totally worth it.”

Quote:

“My determination,” Wallas said. “Once I get started, I don’t guess anymore. I just do. Once I discovered what I was capable of, I charged into the fray, fast, furious, and luxurious- something my sponsor Eridia Tsifer would approve of. It really is a brew-tiful world out there, like the folks at The Nightly Grind would say, so I don’t want to hold back. I want to see everything through.” He found himself nodding, as if he had to approve his own words. Still, saying the words out loud made him feel more resolute.

Quote:

This question was a bit of a doozy. Wallas knew he had to massage the truth, make up something epic and flattering that was more than just “survive long enough to accomplish something.” “My goal in life is to make an impact,” he said. “It might be hard for a redblood from Chittentown to make a big splash, but I’m willing to work hard to get there. I’m searching for the design I don’t yet know, just like the folks at The Glass Shack do. Once I find that design, whether it’s a real thing or something figurative, I’m going to show everyone just how handy I can be. I’m here, I’m putting forth all my energy, and I feel that Superstar Authority will be just what I need to make a lasting imprint on the minds of Alternians everywhere.”

Quote:

“I tinker,” Wallas said quickly, almost automatically. “I’m a handy guy. I build gadgets and traps that help people. So far it’s mostly been security gadgets, but someday I want to branch out. I mean, I’ve kind of already branched out. I cook and sing in my spare time too. The folks at Phoenix Down would say no meal is too big and no troll is too small, and I think that applies to a lot of things. No troll is too small for their undertakings if they work hard and stay determined like I do. It’s possible to have a lot of hobbies that people can benefit from.” That felt easy enough. He didn’t even have to massage the truth for this one. Also, he was proud of turning that slogan into a metaphor.

Quote:
"Say you could change the world, in any way. What would you do?"

Wallas hoped that his expression didn’t shift at this question. He felt that this could potentially be a very politically-loaded question; he didn’t want to say something dangerous like “change the hemospectrum system” or “accept mutants.” Of course, he didn’t believe those things would ever happen, but the sentiment was there. After some thought, he thought he arrived at a decent compromise. “If I could change the world, I would try to arrange for financial and material support programs for qualifying lowbloods. Don’t get me wrong, I understand the hemospectrum and have no desire to uproot it. That would be ridiculous. But I think we could make it so that lowbloods have a fighting chance in this world, don’t you? Like I said earlier, no meal is too big, no troll is too small, just like they say at Phoenix Down. What I mean is, if we give our lowbloods a reason to be determined, like me, they’ll do great things for Alternia, as they should. I think that giving encouragement to those tiers of people can only help Alternian society as a whole. Chittentown has a lot of productive lowbloods; I think my hometown is a pretty good example of what could happen.” When he was done speaking, he swallowed nervously. He thought the answer would curry lowblood favor while appeasing highblood audiences, but he was a bit uncertain. Hopefully his statement wouldn’t net him the wrong kind of scrutiny.

Quote:

What a loaded question! Honesty meant nothing here. Despite that, Wallas still felt he could be fairly truthful and still look good. “Confidence issues, sometimes,” he said. “Sometimes I feel ridiculous putting myself out there. I’m just a redblood from Chittentown, you know? But then I remind myself: I don’t guess anymore. I just do. There’s no room for uncertainty. It’s a brew-tiful world, as the folks at The Nightly Grind would say, and that means everything is brewed in. Good possibilities, bad possibilities. You can’t just stand there and be scared. You have to stay determined, like me, and dive right in. That’s how I discovered my talents, and that’s how I wound up here.” Man, he was proud of these metaphors. He felt a bit preachy though. Oh well, it was what the occasion called for.

Quote:

Another loaded question! Actually, Wallas wasn’t so sure how to answer this one. What did he fear, aside from highbloods, death, and destitution, and how could he make that an acceptable answer? “My biggest fear…” He drummed his fingers in his lap as he thought it out. “Being unable to be handy. That sounds really weird, I know, but if I somehow lost my ability to build things and help others, that would really freak me out. But hey, we have robotic limbs and even robotic bodies for some people. Alternia really is great that way, isn’t it? It’s things like that that keep me determined to keep going. I’m going to keep this world fast, furious, and luxurious, like Eridia Tsifer would want.” Was that a good answer-but-deflection? Hoo boy.

Quote:

Quote:
"Let's say you were betrayed - betrayed by someone close to you. How would you react in that situation. Mmm?"

Wallas hoped he wasn’t sweating when the judges started asking their questions. There was no way out of these, so he had to nail them or else. “Well, it’d hurt. There’d be shock and scrambling to patch up whatever that person broke, metaphorically or physically. But I’m determined and hard working. I would be able to soldier on, wiser for the experience.” What else was there to say? It seemed like a concise and satisfying answer.

Quote:

When the lovely redblood starlet judge asked her question, Wallas couldn’t help but smile. He could be like her someday. Well, not as pretty, but influential for one of his caste, sure. “My lusus, Golemdad. I know, that sounds really corny, but he inspires me a lot. Sometimes bits of him break off and I have to fix him up, but he’s a real trooper when that happens. Thankfully, Chittentown never lacks for raw materials for me to patch him up with. It’s good to be handy when these situations arise. Heck, maybe in time, all the added-on bits will make him a new look- the design I don’t yet know! Just like they say over at The Glass Shack.” Now that seemed like a cool concept. He was going to have to see if the pasted-on bits were changing his lusus at all.

Quote:

Ohgod. Oh god oh god oh god. A seadweller! THE seadweller! REGINA MARIAN! Wallas swallowed nervously. If he even so much as twitched wrong he could be culled immediately and it would be passed off as excellent Alternia-style entertainment. He hoped that she didn’t have any problems with his dip into political matters earlier. Regardless, he sucked in a breath and answered the best he could. “I want people to know me for being handy and being determined, never backing down. I don’t guess anymore. I just do. I will work hard to better Alternia, whether it’s on a small scale or a large one. Like they say at Phoenix Down, no meal is too large, no troll is too small. I’m not too small to conquer the meal of Alternian society, whether that’s the field of entertainment, mechanics, or something else entirely. I’m going to leave a mark as a confident troll who knows his stuff.” With that, he released his breath, feeling slightly more assured after reiterating all that. And if he was culled once the camera were off? Well, he’d die feeling like he said what he needed to.

Quote:

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:20 pm
Sypon
I have a question!
Question: "Will you still come visit us....even after this event is over?"
Rp question: Dillys had watched one of the trolls he sponsored since the event started. He even knew Gan before the event, though it seemed that Gan hadn't remembered him. Calling in after seeing his hero finish his interview, he was pleased that he'd get to ask his question. "O-Oh... This is Dillys, one of the owners of the Glass Shack.. I was wondering, will you still come visit us... even after the event is over?" He asked, watching on his tele.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:34 pm
Xavier was nervous. The jadeblood had tried to enjoy everything going on; he felt himself glance around nervously with an uncomfortable shuffle. Xavier was wary of new interactions and strangers as a child but the promise of helping his friend's reputation and business had been a real inspiration for pulling himself together.

Although, he still felt like he wanted to simply melt into the floor if it were possible.

While some contestants had only two chairs for the interview Eilidh's and his contained a total of three; one for each troll to take a seat in. As usual Ms. Razzle looked right at home in the thick of all that was happening. A tentative smile lined the freckled jadebloods face as he walked beside his matesprite towards their interview location. This was it. They were about to go live and be asked questions.

Oh by the Mothergrub he hoped he did well.

Eilidh had started to actually enjoy Superstar Authority. Sure, she was still nervous but at the same time.. it had been nice to get to meet all the other trolls. Some many of them were talented but they were all so different. She was surprised that they were told to massage the truth. Papa Bear had stressed that telling the truth was usually the right thing to do. Eilidh supposed that was business though.

The tealblood looked to Xavier with a smile, readying herself to go be interviewed with her red love. She had no idea how to force being charming or how to even get other trolls to like her. She sighed nervously before inwardly pep talking herself. She has already rehearsed this, now she needed to execute this real deal. She prayed it would run smoothly.

Walking toward their seats, Eilidh put on the cutest smile she could manage as she moved to take her seat.

Quote:
There was a hushed but long applause as the cameras swung in towards the two chairs. Razzle, with an expression of deep and genuine interest, clasped her hands together and began the introductions. "Welcome back to Superstar Authority, sweet things. I have with me tonight The Latte Lovers. Hold onto your seats as we delve deep into their genuine, exciting, unique and vivid life with our probing and thought provoking interview. Tintroll, Honey Rose how have you found Superstar Authority so far? Is it living up to your expectations? What's your best memory so far?"

“Hey there, thanks for having us!” Xavier's smile became genuine as he inclined his head in greeting.

Eilidh smiled brightly after being introduced. "It's wonderful to be here." She added to Xavier's thought. She listened to the questioned that were asked, piping up to answer the first one. "Well Razzle, Superstar Authority is very different from what our life is like back in New Hemisect City." She started, "However, I have been really enjoying this competition! I have enjoyed meeting all the other trolls and getting to know our adoring fans. I think Tintroll is still getting used to it." She giggled some, giving Xavier a light playful elbow.

Xavier listened to the initial round of questions with a considerate look on his face as Eilidh spoke up first to answer Razzle. Hearing her talk about New Hemisect City was weird he had to admit even with all the rehearsing. He was from the mountain and fronds and was proud of that fact. Still it was for the sake of their image and in line with the theme of the event after all. Massaging the truth was not something his Mothergrub had ever advocated for.

"Ah. You see Honey Rose isn't wrong." He chuckled suddenly as he glanced between Razzle and the camera's laughing from her playful nudge. "Between you and me the coffee isn't as good as The Nightly Grinds but I'm managing in this Brew-tiful World." He winked, pointedly using humor as a deflection for how he truly felt. "In all honesty it's been incredible and beyond my expectations." Xavier paused to take in a small breath.

"My favorite memory so far is the first time we went on stage together. I had never been the center of attention in a setting like that before." Xavier concluded with a small nod.

Eilidh nodded in agreement to Xavier, "Yeah. Tintroll and I lead a fairly quiet life so I can certainly see why that would be one of his favorites." She grinned pleasantly as she awaited the next question.

Quote:

Eilidh giggled a bit, "Outside of this competition? Hmm, I'd have to say most, if not all, my favorite memories are at the Brewtiful World of the Nightly Grind." She explained, "I work with the owner, Nucleo, as well as Tintroll, Amonee and other trolls. We all cook together and even started a club together! So any memories with my friends are my favorite... my best." She smiled brightly.

Xavier felt his pump biscuit begin to speed up as he listened to her heartfelt reply. "Agreed Honey Rose. It's been a treat helping put together the Adventure's Guild alongside my companions."

Quote:

Xavier's eyes lit up as this question was one he could easily answer. While telling countless trolls his own aspirations and goals was uncomfortable he at least he knew he could be honest. "While my biggest goal in life is to remain along side our friends and companions at The Nightly Grind. As well as crafting Crystals along with Musical Instruments." Xavier smiled as he confessed his long term goals.

"How will I get there? Through hard work and dedication. I hope to eventually host regular music events to teach other trolls how to find their own rhythm from the pump biscuit." Xavier raised an eyebrow finding his words coming to him. "While I help you find your own beats, I'll deliver music straight from my pump biscuit directly to you." Xavier gestured to the camera as if drawing in the audience in include everytroll in this statement. Keeping his lusus safe would always be one of his main priorities although that didn't keep him from having goals of his own. All of Alternia didn't need to know about Anu; it was his scared duty to keep her safe.

Eilidh looked to the camera, smiling to her fans while she waited for the next question. Xavier had answered his question thoroughly so she didn't feel a need to add on to it.

Quote:

The tealblood looked to Razzle, "Well, I have a couple hobbies. My favorite is cooking." She nodded as she explained, "My baked goods are delightful and my meals are exquisite." She giggled, surprised she wasn't as modest as she usually was. "My favorite place to cook at is at the Nightly Grind. So if you ever want a good cup of coffee and one of my baked goods then come visit us!" She added in. "Aside cooking, I also enjoy harvesting honey, crafting, gardening, hiking and camping. I guess I am a pretty active troll." Her eyes glanced to Xavier before switching to the camera and finally back at Razzle.

Xavier knew just how good of a cook she was as he had first hand experience. They usually shared meals together or he had something baked from the shop at least once or twice a week. He nervously waited for the next question. In his mind he had gone over his lines numerous times as he didn't want to mess anything up.

Quote:

Food was always near and dear to the troll's pumpbiscuit. "Razzle, I must confess anything Honey Rose cooks is my favorite." He grinned suddenly as his gaze flickered to the troll sitting next to him. With the brief exchange Xavier looked back to the camera. "If that isn't available I usually go by The Nightly Grind and see what's on the menu for the evening." Xavier gave the camera's and his interviewer a slight tilt of his head as if he was considering his options.

"More specifically? Any hardy helping of meats and vegetables is always a bonus in my book. I especially love flapbeasts and their eggs. And as many of you know I am a fan of mustard." Xavier felt heat creep into his cheeks as he blushed from embarrassment.

Eilidh covered her mouth to hide the little chuckle she had at Xavier's last remark on his love for mustard. "He really does love that stuff." She smiled, lightly patting his back to help soothe him. "It's okay though, I still love him." She confessed before her cheek brightened with teal.

Quote:

This was the hardest question for Eilidh to answer. Wasn't it really bad to have other's know your fears? It had taken her a while during rehearsals to come up with something to say. When it came down to it, this is the reason for massaging the truth. "Hmm... I never want to see anything happen to Tintroll. I love him more than anything and if something happened to him..." She wiped her eyes, "I don't think I could handle it." She sniffed some, taking in a breath. "I'd also be distraught if anything happened to the Nightly Grind or the wonderful New Hemisect City. There are so many memories there." She finished her question, putting on a sad smile as she thought of those scenarios.

Seeing her in tears made his protein chute tighten. Even if they were in front of a live audience he reached out to her as he gently rubbed her back in a comforting gesture as he smiled sympathetically. "Love it's alright." He murmured soothingly to her.

Quote:

Xavier sheepishly smiled as he glanced down at his lap. He had many answers to that, his shyness.. the fact he didn't do well in crowded places. Yet the one he had chosen to go with for the purpose of this event and had practiced during rehearsals somehow was entirely all too fitting. "Let's be real. It has to be my rather unusual palate. My sense of taste just isn't like other trolls. Anyone who attended last Bloodfest and came by the Nightly Grind's Booth might recall that." Xavier shifted slightly in his chair as he felt himself trying not squirm from embarrassment.

"As I mentioned I'm a huge mustard fan..and I do admit I thought the combination with smoothies would be great. Sorry to anyone who partook in that experiment of mine. Never fear! All mustard products have been hidden and I am not allowed to work with them while on the clock, I swear!" He shrugged in a playful manner.

Last question's emotion vanished as Eilidh listened to the jadeblood answer his question. She covered her mouth and laughed. It had been quite a catastrophe when that happened.... and Xavier hadn't lied; they really did hide the mustard! Smiling bright again, Eilidh looked to Xavier before looking to the camera... now it was time for the judges to ask questions.

Quote:

Eilidh waited patiently for Aandes to ask the next question. As rehearsed, it would be her turn to answer; something that Xavier had initially planned to answer before they both decided otherwise.

Quote:

Eilidh played with the her curled hair, "Honestly, I feel the most comfortable when I am in the middle of all my friends at the Nightly Grind. That café is one of my favorite places to be; the other being New hemisect City! When I am surrounded by those I care for, I feel so blessed and happy. It doesn't matter what time of day it is as long as I have them." She touched where her pumpbiscuit was while expressing herself.

Waiting seemed to be the hardest part. He was respectful giving Eilidh plenty of time to answer Aandes question as he listened in despite having heard this before while they practiced. She was certainly not wrong between their friends, the café and those they knew it was comforting. The only other thing he could compare it to had been hunting alongside his Mum.

Quote:

As Odette turned her attention to him Xavier regarded her with a quiet curiosity as the redblood spoke up. Smiling to her he folded his hands in his lap neatly as he crossed on leg over his knee. “Going off what Honey Rose said I would have to say my biggest source of inspiration comes from the friends and associates." Xavier leaned into the camera. "Not to mention those of you I have met through working at The Nightly Grind, and anytroll I might meet as a result of The Super Star Authority. It pushes me to be the best troll I could ever be."

Eilidh nodded. It was a good answer, one she understood. She waited for the last judge to ask her question. Upon realizing it was the Regina, the tealblood felt extra nervous. What if she said something to offend her?!

Quote:
"Ok, so, what's something you had to drop? Like, it wasn't gonna work out for you at all?"

Eilidh tried to gather herself, taking a deep breath. "I-I..." She touched Xavier's hand to find some strength to fight her nervous stutter. "I.. am pretty prideful in never giving up. However, after trying and practicing many times, I decided to drop one thing... The tin whistle! I know Tintroll is a pro at playing this little instrument but I am really... and I mean really bad at playing it... I honestly sound like a dying flapping beast or something when I play." She admitted, "It's nothing like my singing voice!" She exclaimed, "I may be sweet as honey and as fierce as a rose's thorns.... but my tin whistling days are over." She smiled brightly.

Eilidh looked to Razzle and to the camera, "Thank you to all our lovely fans and our wonderful sponsor! We love you, New Hemisect City! We adore you, Nightly Grind!" She stated, giving Xavier a chance to chime in.

While she was not his moirail he could relate to needing the comfort to carry on and finish the last bit of this interview. Being in front of the Queen and her judges as well as a camera and live audience was wearing on his nerves. As Eilidh went on to answer Regina's question Xavier tried not to laugh as he heard his red mate mention her attempts at playing one of his tin whistles. Unfortunately she was not wrong by any means. He had tried to teach her only to discover it was just not something that came naturally for her.

Bemused he smiled encouragingly at her.

"I wanted to extend my thank you to all our fans and our fellow competitors. Yuh all are wonderful. I'd also like to extend a special shout out to our sponsors at the Nightly Grind. Have a great evening ladies and gentletrolls!" He waved to the camera and respective judges before ceasing to comment further before he began rambling.

Quote:
Soft but enthusiastic applause rang out again, reinforced by Razzle clapping away. On the screen, the judges panel slipped back out of view as Razzle leaned in. "And now, we will take some questions from the audience before wrapping up. All phone lines are open!"

Hobo Pixi

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:02 pm
Chiara's question struck Ganyma blind. It had always been a childhood fantasy, but something more based on in-ring dynamics. He hadn't been matched up with any trolls to be in on-screen, in-ring relationships, yet. Maybe soon. Was that what the ALG wanted him to say? Ratings, Ganyma!

"U-uhm! Good question." He threw up a finger gun and settled a bit. "Nothing has surfaced yet, but... I'm sure there's plenty of love and hate in store for Shield!"

He sat for a moment, a flush settling on his face safely out of sight.
Micillia

Thankfully, the next question saved him. It was an unofficial one, thankfully, probably a commercial break question (from his sponsor, no less)! As Ganyma remembered, he outwardly gasped.

"Dillys! Of course! Oh, gosh, Razzle. I just realized that I faced off against the one and only Dillys during Bloodfest this sweep. Just amazing. What a small planet! Dillys, of course I'll come and visit your shop, kiddo. Keep on dreaming! I'm here for you!"

He sparkled and gave the screen a thumbs up. Inwardly, Ganyma punched himself for forgetting about the redblood until just now, even though he'd been schilling their product this entire time. Making amends, new acquaintences, and being in touch was now a must.
Hobo Pixi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:55 pm
leon_a_darkangel
I have a question!
Question: Is the Nightly Grind a cult?
Rp question: Malice's tone came off as aggressive and mocking- just the way she intended. "Yeah, I got a question." She figured it was a pretty observant and valid question. "What the <********> kind of kool-aid are you trolls putting in the Nightly Grind's coffee to make you so adamant about that dump. Is it a goddamn cult or something? If I hear "~~~*~Its a brew-tiful world~*~~" one more ******** time, I swear to gog-" The line was disconnected.

Hobo Pixi

seekingCylem
I have a question!
Question: Aren't you that guy who ran me over with a snowmobile?
Rp question: Her voice vibrated with fury. "HEY, I WASN'T FINISHED." Before her call would be dropped again, Malice spoke with haste and made her every word was accentuated with spite. "I got a question for that flashy yellowblood- no, not the polka ditz, the guy who calls himself NOVA. Yeah, I know who you are and how you ran me over two Bloodfests ago and I swear to gog- I'll ******** find you, assho-" The line was disconnected again.

blackbird cake

Adorable Gekko

artificial bones

Sexy Goat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:37 pm
Frendo was almost bouncing in his seat as he was given his first question off the phonelines. HOW EXCITING! To have people so interested in him as to call in made the little orangeblood's bloodpusher race with excitement, and he clasped his hands in his lap as the caller asked their question.

And boy what a question! Frendo couldn't grin any bigger but he did wink at the camera and say, "I can't exactly say no ta dat, but I mean how illegal can climbin a hivestem be? An' da fire in da junkyard was an accident, an' I got it put out pretty darn quickly!" he laughed lightly as he finished answering, and gave an innocent shrug.

At his hive, Laughdads was covering their faces. That was not something Frendo needed to tell the whole world, but it was too late now. ....At least it added to his dangerous appeal.

Micillia

Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces