Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] With A Little Help From My Friends (Ened & Isilje)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:38 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Ened sat in her workshop, cut glass and leather scraps littering the workbench around her. She hummed softly as she worked, never more happy than when she was close to finishing one of the little pet project of hers. She'd even finished her chores early so she could hurry to this, sweeping the great hall in the record time. Her partner must have wondered what had got into her.

She held the pair of goggles up to her face to check the fit. Of course, she wouldn't know for sure until she tried them on their intended recipient.. They were similar to the ones she'd make for riders, though a little more comfortable for daily wear. The lenses hadn't been put in yet, but she would add those last. She put them back down on the workbench, adjusting one of the straps slightly. She'd made something similar for another young candidate recently. The issue was roughly the same, though opposite in a way. He'd wanted a light he could read by, without disrupting his night vision. It required some research, but she found an old record about the use of red glass by riders to dim the light adapt their eyes to fly at night. She'd made the boy a red-glass glowbasket, as well as a pair of red tinted goggles, both of which had reportedly worked quite well.

Surely the same principle could work here? If the red glass could reduce light to a level similar to evening, then surely for someone who was sensitive to the light of day, it would do the same. That was the hope at least. But not wanting to go out on too much of a limb in case it failed, she had kept the whole operation strictly under wraps. The note she left the girl was vague;

xxxx'I need your help with something.

xxxxCome to the Tanning Workshop after chores.

xxxxDon't be late!

xxxx-Ened'

More of a demand than a request, it gave no hint of what she was up to. And Isilje would be well within her rights to ignore it completely. Still... she thought, looking out the workshop's small window and down the connecting tunnels. She hoped she would show up soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:14 am
Honestly, she was just awful at making friends. She ran around the weyr, focused on candidate chores, and was just too damn shy to do anything else. She wanted to say hello to more people, but how did you approach people you didn't know? She barely talked as it was. So, when she got back and found a note, it was surprising. Pulling her hood down in the dim glowlight, she studied the words, wondering. Tanning workshop? Oh...Ened. She knew vaguely of the other. Nodding, she pulled a new wrap around her shoulders, and began her trek.

It took some time, trotting through the halls to seek the woman that had decided to invite her to her workshop. Why not be late? Why couldn't she be a little late? Ah well. It took little time at all for her to make it down to the tanning workshop, she blinking as the sight of Ened met those pale lavender eyes. Strange, to think that she'd been called here by the girl, slipping in and playing with the hem of the hood she was wearing, "....H-hello, Ened?" The young candidate couldn't help but wonder why the woman wanted her here. Was it something to do with something Isilje had done? What kind of help could SHE offer? She was a weaver, not a tanner.

"You told me to come down here..."

DruidTigress

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:11 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-
Picturing something a little like this. Does that work for you?

Ened stood up at the sound of the girl's voice, watching Isilje finally make her way through the entrance of the workshop. In truth, there was really no reason this had to be done right now, except that candidates already had very little free time as it was.. And that she was impatient. It wasn't entirely self-serving, though. The longer she spent on something, the more chance there was of her losing focus and moving on to something else. Better to get it done as soon as she had the chance. Why put off until tomorrow... and all that.

"Ah, Islje!" she said, beaming. "Thanks for coming! Here. Hold this." she said, pressing the lensless goggles to the girls face with little more explanation. "I still need to make some adjustments to the straps. And you have just the right head size to model these for me." Of course, that was because they were for her, but she wouldn't mention that yet. She hadn't attached the metal part that held the lenses in place yet, but she would do that at the end. First she need to check the fit was right. Though the goggles had a narrow buckle at the back to change the fit, she could only guess at the size and separation of actual eye pieces. But she could change that now, if need be.

"How does it feel? Is it comfortable?"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:05 am
DruidTigeress
Perfection~

The candidate blinked as goggles were pressed in to her face, and as the straps were adjusted, and the eye pieces were pressed across the bridge of her nose. What? Oh. One of the other females of the Weyr must have had a similar head size, "Yes." It was very comfortable. The leather was so supple, and even the metal bits did not dig on her face. Shifting them so she could see through them, she realized that part of her vision was occluded, giving her some kind of relief from the light in general, making lavender eyes feel some ease, "They're wonderful so far, Ened. The leather is so soft, and the metal bits are in just the right places." But why her? Why was she here?  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:16 am
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Ened's smile curled. Great! She wouldn't have to make too many adjustments then. "Good. I just have one or two more adjustments to make, if you wouldn't mind holding still for a moment..." she said, going back to her bench to fetch the lenses and a few of her tools. She slipped the dark red lenses into place then fitted on the metal pieces that would hold them in place, finally stepping back from the girl. If things had done as she hoped, her vision should be darkened enough that the light appeared as Dusk around her.

"How do things look?" She moved back another few steps, grinning at the girl. Her smile was eager, though considerably nervous as well. Would this even work? Would it help at all? She couldn't be sure. "They're for you, if you want them." she admitted, a little tentatively. It always a little nerve wracking to put one of her creations out there, not knowing if it worked or the other would like it. "I've read about people with sensitive eyes, and I thought this might help.."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:25 am
Still as a herdbeast in the early morning. She didn't move, letting the other fix the dark lenses in to place, amazed at how much better not only her head, but she herself felt once they were in place. It was like dusk had fallen, but it was permanent. Her fair eyes had such trouble in the sunlight, she'd been worried that her candidacy would be taken from her. That she wouldn't have a chance. "They look....amazingly clear. I didn't think things could get this sharp...or that my head could feel this clear. It usually hurts." Shifting on her feet, she had to wonder at why Ened looked so nervous....and then it made sense.

For her. These wonderful creations were for her, for her poor eyes to help her with chores and with existing in the weyr the way the others worked. "....Yes...Oh....Ened, they're wonderful. Thank you so much. I would love to keep them if you'll allow me!" She had to adjust it up around her eyes to settle it across the bridge of her nose...but once it was settled, it was absolutely perfect, "I've always had a problem with my head since sunlight kills my eyes...I lose so much vision." And now, it was nice, easier, "I have to make something for you in turn. A tunic or something." She had missed weaving the cloth for tunics. It was a soothing thing...maybe she could find someone that would let her use a loom.

DruidTigeress

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:13 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

"Of course! They're yours." she promised her, feeling a little touched at the girl's reaction. The things she made didn't always go over so well. Some of them flat out didn't work at all. "I'm just glad I could help." Honestly, until now, she wasn't entirely sure it would work at all. She smiled, her heart jumping a bit. It always made her happy when one of her idea worked out, but never more so than when she could see the impact it had on someone. For all her lack of focus and procrastination, it was moments like this that kept her motivated.

"Oh, no.. You don't have to!" Ened quickly assured her, shaking her head. She clasped her hands behind her back and smiled. "It's just a little hobby of mine." For the healers that saved her father's life, or the riders that saved them all. There was nothing she could do for them personally, so this was just her own small way of paying things forward. The only thing she hoped to get out of it was the satisfaction of knowing something she made was helping someone. And, maybe, a new friend..

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games