Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Historical & Archived Events
=>[BOOTH] Lightseekers (closed; rp open) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:19 pm
Lightseekers

A grand series of interconnected booths have been carved out in Bloodfest’s already spacious designated festivities area. Around four booths, arranged in a corner format, make up the professional (yet still somehow rustic) front for the Lightseekers, a group of trolls headed by the young Panili Synemn and a group of adult trolls from a bygone era. Their spaceship crash landed in Four Fronds, and while the surviving crewmembers had made it back onto Alternia, they had yet to reintegrate into society. The crew has now set up their grassroots movement in an attempt to redefine the Alternian lifestyle by their own terms.

The booth itself is largely taken up by a market of homegrown goods, in surprising surplus and excellent health. Comestibles are the primary point of purchase, with a good deal of lumber and natural materials for sale as well as reclaimed goods that the technologically adept trolls refurbished into working order. The crew is open for any questions concerning the group, and the main information desk of the booth is set up just for that. A few pamphlets and a helpful, smiling Panili sit at the front, reiterating the goals of the Lightseekers in black and white detail.

Quote:
“Strive To Elevate Our Nature
Strive For Independence
Strive For A Brighter Future“

The Lightseekers is an alliance of trolls seeking to promote the betterment of Alternia through the challenging of the traditional Alternian Lifestyle. The three basic tenants of the group are the foundation of their activities.

…Elevate Our Nature: Acts of violence and barbarism are ingrained in Alternian society and are intended to keep the population subservient and incapable of progress. Hostility destroys the bonds between individuals and senseless acts of brutality lower trolls to the level of simple animals. To this end, the Lightseekers seek to offer non-violent solutions to issues and provide progressive outlets to redirect the unsavory tendencies that trolls are burdened with. Counseling, labor and charity work are a few examples of this type of work.
      …Independence: Being fully aware of the Alternian system at large, the Lightseekers aim to form a solid foundation of self-reliant living in order to step away from the roots of Alternian ills perpetuated by the government. Working together to create infrastructure without the assistance of drones and learning to live off the land is an incredibly valuable skill for any adaptable troll, and within the Lightseekers is imperative for a solid community. A focus on the appreciation and preservation of the natural environment and life is often a fundamental part of Lightseeker activities.
      …A Brighter Future: Discussion and philosophy are important, but action is the key to a movement. Putting the ideals of the Lightseekers into place to secure the safety and wholesomeness of the troll race is an integral part of the Lightseekers’ agenda. Whether it is by staying active in the community, spreading the word or making oneself an example, it is important to remain ardent but humble in one’s task. With the inevitability of space travel on the horizon, the Lightseekers hope to redirect the path of the Alternian space directive to focus on the non-destructive expansion of the Alternian race – seeking knowledge and unity rather than power and dominance.

As of now, membership is small with a recently established headquarters in the plains outside of New Hemisect. Please don’t hesitate to ask concerning membership or interest in visiting the headquarters!

Panili also has her tea pile with her, a familiar sight from her humble booth of last Bloodfest. This time, she has made pitchers of iced tea which are complimentary at the booth! There are many comfortable folding camp chairs to sit in, as well as fans and a breezy atmosphere. Take a breather!

She also offers (with the help of her fellow Lightseekers) various lessons on technology and survival! There will be two crew members working the booth activities daily, and two available for conversation.

Shenso is at the booth! (Rouxez is taking the day off.)
User Image

Quote:
The Gunner’s CombinationUser Image

Loulah, the Master Gunner of the old space crew, is a master with tech. She has a good number of widgets and dangerous tchotchkes set up for trolls to try their hand at, and when you come up she acknowledges you with a wave of her prosthetic arm.

“Hey, you wanna take a go at putting together some tech? Don’t worry, no guns here. Except for my arm.” She states, her humor so dry you’re not quite sure if it’s a joke at all. “These can be pretty tricky. There’s five possible inputs to de-stabilize these power converters, and you need to input four in the correct order for s**t to pop off. It’s like cracking pistachios, get to that tasty self-sustaining energy inside, you see? We’re using it to power the booth’s refrigeration and A/C. Go ahead and give it a try. I’ll give you some spare parts if you impress me.”

In this game, you’ll be given a power converter – try to crack the code! There are 5 possible inputs represented by colors -> black, white, cyan, yellow and magenta, and the code is a randomized pattern of 4 of those inputs in any order, with possible repeats. For instance, the code you are trying to guess could be (B, C, Y, M) or (W, W, C, Y) or (M, M, M, Y).

To begin the game, quote Sypon and include your first guess. Each day at reset, you will be given a result of your guess. They will not necessarily be in the order of the code, so you will need to use logic to figure out what the pattern is day after day!
Example Game:
(The Code is C W W B)
Guess 1: B B B B
Answer: 1 perfect, 3 incorrect
So we know one of our black inputs is totally correct in terms of position, but there are no other black inputs in this code.
Guess 2: B C Y C
Answer: 0 perfect, 2 correct, 1 incorrect
Now we know that the black input is misplaced, and that either a C or Y is present in the code. We also know that the C must go in the first or second spot, and that the B must go in the second, third or fourth spot.
Etc, Etc!
At the end of the week, the troll(s) with the fewest guesses required for this challenge will receive a special tech related prize.

Quote:
Field Study (Day 5-6)User Image
Each day the booth is open, one of the crewmates will take participants into the field for some learning excursions! Volunteers will learn foraging, farming and other survival skills. Tickets will be given out based on the daily activity.

Intro to Agriculture & Botany - Malory

Malory is the most gregarious and charistmatic member of the space crew, and it reflects in her teaching style. She has plants and soil samples laid out to explain the importance of agriculture to survival on Alternia. Smart soil, air, temperature, light and space all make up a successful growing experience - and on Alternia with so much wildly differing climates and environments it's important to understand what kind of plant will grow where and how to emulate that environment in a troll-made setting.

She explains that, while off-planet rations are primarily processed, there is an importance of retaining organic life. She also explains that on unfamiliar planets, similar plant identification techniques can save trolls from certain death by consuming toxins that are not compatible with their bodies.

With that, it's time to put your knowledge into practice! Malory has laid out a big pile of plants from weeds to produce, to fungi and fronds you've never seen. Since replicating farming is a bit tough at Bloodfest, the study will focus on botany and plant identification.

Instructions:

1. First, roll 2D6 - the first number determines the group that your chosen plant fits into, and the second determines how accurate your guess is at this point.

Both numbers are the same: +10 bonus
Guess is one more or less than the result: +5 bonus
Guess is two or more less than the result: +2 bonus

2. Then, roll 2d6 - the first number determines the subgroup that your chosen plant fits into, and the second determines how accurate your guess is at this point.

Both numbers are the same: +10 bonus
Guess is one more or less than the result: +5 bonus
Guess is two or more less than the result: +2 bonus

3. Finally, 2D100 - the first number determines the identity of the plant, and the second is your guess as to what the identity of the plant may be! Use your bonuses to increase the range of success for identifying your plant, like so.

Rolled 2D100 - first roll: 25 second roll: 38. In my first two rounds I gained a bonus of +15, so the range of success is now the correct answer plus or minus 15! Therefore, if I got between 10 and 40, I would be able to guess the plant's identity correctly. I got a 38, so I guessed the plant correctly!

Grades earned for identification:
Correct Identification: A!
Identification within 15 points: B!
Identification within 25 points: C!
Identification within 50 points: D!
Identification is 51 points or more: F sad

Top grades get tickets!

Micillia rolled 3 20-sided dice: 4, 10, 19 Total: 33 (3-60)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:48 am
Chiara Moteku
Lightseekers
=>The Gunner’s Combination
black, white, cyan, yellow, magenta
Today's Guess: C-C-C-C
=>Field Study
4 + 10 - 19 = -5 or 0

Chiara took a break from bullying the little yellowblood at their "Dance Booth" to come and mosey. She saw some trolls she recognized, but not exactly in a good way. Aaah, Paneli was doing more recruiting, or so it looked. Chiara grinned as she approached the booth. She really hadn't been able to talk to the little orangeblood last time, considering a certain obnoxious, no-longer-<> purpleblood. Chiara approached the tealblood adult. "Where is the little orange wiggler?" Chiara asked, leaning in on the booth counter. "And what are you doing at bloodfest? I guess even adults gotta take a vacation, huh?"

Sypon

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:07 pm
User ImageLoulah raised her eyebrow and handed the blueblood a piece of machinery to work on. She seemed less than impressed. "Panili's over at the produce booth. You're welcome to talk to her. If you cause trouble, I'll annihilate you." She commented.

The tealblood tapped on the booth with her prosthetic hand and gestured to the rest of the booth with her other, which was also distinctly hand shaped for this particular event. That, of course, didn't mean she didn't have a weapon attachment somewhere nearby.

"We're not vacationing; we're working right now. Recruiting, making some extra beetles."

((By the way I'll clarify the rules - the magnitude of the difference of the numbers is your score. So yours is 5! It's the closest to zero, not the lowest. Derp!))

Micillia
1 perfect, 3 incorrect! Try again tomorrow! (also sorry for triple quotes, lots of fun typos)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:50 pm
        Approching a booth full of battle-worn looking adults was a stupid, STUPID move.

Or at the very least, he thought they looked battle worn. Or maybe just gruff. Either way, it took a good long time before Mahmud finally approached them. That name kept intriguing him. "Lightseekers". Not to mention the fact that they just had SO MUCH good lumber just hanging around. What were they all abou--- woah.

They had little pamphlets hanging around! Amazing! He didn't even have to-- woah. Again, woah. This is a lot of information to take in. "Thanks for the Pamphlet..." Mahmud gave a smile to the girl passing them out. "I appreciate it. And um... about that Lumber... do I talk to you or..." Lumber was useful. Very useful! "Oh shoot, wait! Do you mind if I just..." God he must seem so rude, but that puzzle really looked like fun. "Shoot, hold on a sec okay? I wanna learn more about your group and the lumber I just..."

Mahmud took a look to the Blueblood and the Tealblood nearby. Neither of them seemed like particularly friendly people... but the Blueblood moreso, for once. "I'd like to play too." Mahmud took a piece of paper, and scribbled out a reply to the person behind the counter.

Y - C - Y - Y

sypon
He's down for talking with Panili and Loulah and anyone else there! Talk as much as you want with who you want biggrin

Per the guide/rules of this shop, Mahmud is RPing this Bloodfest AS A TEEN. The guidelines can be found here! TY! : D  

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Gl!tch~ rolled 3 20-sided dice: 10, 6, 8 Total: 24 (3-60)

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:17 pm
10 + 6 - 8 = 8

Hemera had not seen Panili for a while, so it made her smile to see there was a booth this Bloodfest. Tracking her down would be much easier this way. And the space crew was around as well! After seeing everyone in Panili's hive a while back, she was hoping they wouldn't be cooped up in there all the time. The fresh air must be good for everyone.

Panili was again pushing for an agenda Mera agreed with. How reassuring. Mera had some things she wanted to discuss, but this wasn't the place for it. At least she could check in with everyone.

And, like most booth activities, there were plenty of interesting things to do here. Working directly with the space crew was incredibly appealing. Learning navigation with Shenso was especially neat. Well, conceptually. She felt bad, having a hard time understanding him. Perhaps exposure would help. Mera was left unsure how well she did for her first try, but it was an enlightening experience nonetheless.

After, it seemed Panili had someone else wanting to speak to her and Chiara was sniffing around. She'd have to keep an eye out. In the meantime, she could talk to some other crew members.

Malory was as stunning as ever and Rouxez, despite a casual look, still easily commanded respect. For a moment, Mera hoped they would recognize her and, on top of that, not be disappointed in her for not coordinating better with the space towers.

"Good midnight," she greeted. "How have things been for all of you? Well, I hope. What do you think of Bloodfest so far?"

Sypon
@ Malory and Rouxez

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:15 pm
She’d watched Hemera come and go, and when she returned gave her a big wave with her entire arm. After a while, business was constant. It sure was nice to have a solid start at Bloodfest! A curly-haired orangeblood came up and she happily doled him some materials.

“Oh!” Panili looked up from giving Mahmud the pamphlet, trying to keep her thoughts together as he asked a number of questions. He was a gentle, affable looking troll – plenty of energy but nothing particularly vicious about him. She giggled as his attention was drawn elsewhere, and she waved her hand cheerily as he wandered away. “Talk to you soon!”

Skyli Peep
1 correct, 3 incorrect (0 perfect :'( ) try again tomorrow!"

--

“Greetings. Moachm, right?” Rouxez growled. She was leaning back in a chair, wittling a thick piece of wood as Poppet, her plump lusus, chewed on a stick on her shoulder. “Good to see you still around.” She used her teeth to pick off a piece of bark and spat it on the ground, then gave her lusus a cheek scratch.

“Things’re going well!” Added Malory. She leaned forward on the counter. “Lookin’ darling tonight, sweetheart. I’m hoping to take a dip later if business slows down. Been working on the Settlement in New Hemisect so long I need a vacay.” Malory winked and tapped her manicured fingers on the counter. “How about you, cutie?”

Gl!tch~

Sypon
Vice Captain

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:41 pm
"Yes, that's me." Mera stayed curt. She was pleased with the reception, though. And truly fascinated that someone could be so close to their lusus, still, after what was likely a long life. Something to envy on her end.

What the captain lacked in social enthusiasm, Malory continued to make up for in spades. "Th-thank you." Mera shook off the momentary fluster. "At least Bloodfest, or perhaps parts of it, could easily be partial vacation on concept alone. Once the nightly competitions ramp up, there will probably be more down time." Mera had the authority of running a booth herself to back up the projection.

"I'm still looking at all of this sweep's booths, but I like what I see. Some of our space race associates are running their own lovely booths. It's a nice atmosphere."

Panili looked like she wasn't as busy, so Mera finally got to wave back. She looked to be in good spirits, though Mera had to wonder...

"If there is anything I can do for what your group is working on, please let me know," she said to Rouxez and Malory, though her gaze was still on Panili.

Sypon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:18 pm
User ImageMalory purred. “That’s great. Tell ‘em to come over here, would ya? You too, take a pamphlet. You could say we’re “recruiting”, but we really just wanna have more hands on deck back at the ranch.” She quirked a grin.

“We’ve made up a little settlement in New Hemisect for our HQ, it’s the real deal. I mean – if you want to join it could be your group as well as ours, eh?” She thought for a moment, “Recruiting, I guess you could call it, is pretty much what we’re lookin’ at right now. Plus wranglin’ beefgrubs and keepin’ old Poffet here away from eating all of the seedlings!”  

Sypon
Vice Captain

Green Minuet rolled 3 20-sided dice: 15, 15, 14 Total: 44 (3-60)

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:59 pm
      △ Kerras Farron

Score: 16
Guess: C-Y-B-B

As the little boat drifted further out to sea, Kerras waved back to the shore. The Grove Warden stood at the edge of the beach, up to his knees in salt spray. He stared out at Kerras and the waters they drifted on, unmoving and impassive. There was a suggestion of a plea in his oakey gaze. It was almost as though he were silently pleading with his charge to come back. The young troll made eye contact with him, and an expression of astonishment dawned over their face. Clapping their hands together, they bowed, keeping their back straight and eyes up.

The Grove Warden felt a twinge of despair. Meanwhile Kerras sailed onwards, oblivious. To adventure! To the buoy!

Sypon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:32 pm
Resetting Booths!

Micillia
1st place! Ticket get!

Gl!tch~
2nd place! Ticket get!

Green Minuet
3rd place! Ticket get!

Power Converters: 1 perfect, 1 correct, 2 incorrect!

This booth is now reset!  

Sypon
Vice Captain

Micillia rolled 3 20-sided dice: 5, 7, 15 Total: 27 (3-60)

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:35 pm
Chiara Moteku
Lightseekers
=>The Gunner’s Combination
black, white, cyan, yellow, magenta
Today's Guess: C-B-B-B
=>Field Study
5 + 7 - 15 = -3

Chiara ignored the obvious threat. She had helped these guys! They had no reason to be so aggressive.  
quiet delegation rolled 3 20-sided dice: 7, 10, 1 Total: 18 (3-60)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:51 am
GUESS==> W-W-W-W
ROLL RESULT==> 16

The little blueblood approached the booth with some amount of curiosity; his eyes lit up as he read the information on these trolls. Their tenants sounded a lot like his own thoughts ... well, maybe a bit more elegantly put. He wondered if Mim would approve of them, being as she was so convinced that the queen really was higher than everyone else (who should just be cogs in Her Illustrious Machine), but working together and moving away from violence at least was definitely in line with her teaching! As he approached the two trolls at the head of the booth, he finally noticed that there were actually activities here!

The first one, he didn't really get... but he did find himself fascinated by her arm, as he hadn't had much experience with biomechanics just yet. He gave a simple guess, just so he could have an excuse to stay around and look at her gadgets some more.

The second activity was definitely more in line with his interests, and the young troll listened eagerly to the explanation before giving it a shot. Unfortunately, mathematical equations weren't his strong point, and he was ... rather off in his attempt. He spent some time trying to figure out what he'd done wrong before wandering back towards the two not offering activities.

"Um, um, do you guys have any more information about what you do?" he asked curiously, clasping his hands against his chest as he craned his head back to stare eager eyes up at the bigger trolls.

"I-I'd really like to learn more!"

Sypon
directed at whoever will notice tiny mc bluepants

quiet delegation

penemueIntuition rolled 3 20-sided dice: 16, 7, 15 Total: 38 (3-60)

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:38 am
        Field Study!
        Score: 8

Learning survival skills sounded good, right? Trying to navigate the desert was hard even for Mahmud sometimes, so he figured it would be worth taking the course. Shenso was hard to understand at times, but given the fact that his mom talked in bird all the time? He was up for the challenge!

Unfortunately, he wasn't the best at orienteering. Mahmud tried and tried, but wasn't the most accurate fellow in the world. Nonetheless, it was fun! And now he had a new skill to learn!

For a moment before they parted, Mahmud stopped and thought for a moment. He then looked to Shenso and said "Thank you... um..." Gosh, what did he want to say, really? Now that he had the opportunity he felt sheepish. "I... I live out in the desert, this'll be useful to find my house again... a desert is kinda like an ocean, you know?" In ways it was, especially when one was lost. "Everything looks the same all around... Now I can find my own way home, without Ommy."

There was more he wanted to ask, but he wasn't sure how to word it. That pamphlet from before was a lot of information

"Will you... be teaching any more lessons this Bloodfest? I liked learning with you."

Booth Tickets: 1 Art Attack 3/18, 1 Bikini 3/18

sypon

Per the guide/rules of this shop, Mahmud is RPing this Bloodfest AS A TEEN. The guidelines can be found here! TY! : D  
Blasphemoose rolled 3 20-sided dice: 16, 9, 15 Total: 40 (3-60)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:41 am
FIELD STUDY

Score  

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:14 am
        After conversing with Shenso for a short while, Mahmud made his way back to the main areas in order to try his hand again at the color guessing game thing. He didn't try and understand exactly WHAT was going on, other than that their cooling box or air conditioner and whatever was involved in this... but that wasn't the main reason he was here.

"So you're involved..." he began, scribbling his next code onto the little paper. Nothing was yellow, that was a huge advantage to know. "I mean... You guys don't... believe in hurting people?" That was what he managed to boil down from the first part of the pamphlet. Mahmud's eyes flitted down to look at his paper again, and he erased part of it and switched a few letters around. "I hate hurting other trolls... but trolls may see that as weak." Finally satisfied with what he wrote, Mahmud slid over the paper to Loulah.

M - M - C - M

"You all look really tough, for a group of people who don't believe in hurting others." He sounded more curious than incredulous, and when he looked up from where he had written Mahmud tilted his head at Loulah. "What is your stance on self defense? If a troll attacks you first? Just... out of curiosity." Gog, he prayed he didn't sound stupid right about now...

Booth Tickets: 1 Art Attack 3/18, 1 Bikini 3/18, 1 Around the World 3/18

sypon
Sorry for double quoting, but he talked to two different NPCs! biggrin

Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff