Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply Skits & Casual Roleplaying
[New Tomorrow Side Event] The Sanctuary of Azriel's Heart Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ac-null3

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:47 pm
Azriel and her other selves wasted nooooo time in blanking out to a deep sleep. This resulted in them slowly fading out of sight, but their presence could still be felt. For now, they just couldn't be seen.

The faint sound of a guitar could be heard as something else gradually phased into view. It was an entire setting that seemed like a simulation of all Exire itself.

There were a few houses that looked sharply different from the common ones. There was a two-story house with architecture based on Altamira's structures. Another one simply looked like it was a mound of earth and stone, like it was meant to be a cave entrance into the side of a mountain on the Flanoir continent. Then there was a cerulean blue carousel-shaped house with a short flagpole at its very top from which hung an off-white flag with a painting of a blue comet on it.

If Rhone were to try, he'd find that a lot of the common-looking houses were locked. That was simply a sign that Azriel doesn't know or hardly remembers what's in those houses. She hadn't been in every neighbor's house, after all. There was one that could be opened, and that would be the representation of her own home in Exire. It was one of the two-story structures.

In the immediate vicinity could also be seen two platforms larger than the ones that held houses. One had no structures on it; it was a small garden park of sorts, with some benches here and there. There appeared to be a big dog-like creature with large, floppy ears hanging out in it. The other was a plot where the remnants of deteriorated houses still stood. Sitting at the edge of these ruins was a lonely-looking kid with a bitterness in his eyes and yet wore a smug, almost annoying smirk. He seemed to be about pre-teen aged with blonde hair in a short bob, golden eyes, and dirtied white wings.

Once the surroundings appeared bright and solid, it could be seen that the music was coming from a man with long blue hair and a guitar in his arms, sitting cross-legged atop that mountain entrance-looking house.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:18 pm
As the surroundings slowly changed around him, Rhone stands up and takes in the new sights. He crosses his arms and grins slightly.

"Oh? ...Oh! Am I in a dream? Should I do something?..."

Rhone pulls his hat over his eyes and shakes his head slightly.

"Yeah, just go traipsing around your unconscious friend's subconscious thoughts. That's not weird or anything..."

He tilts his hat up and glances at the man playing guitar now in view.

"On the other hand... A little curiosity isn't too bad, is it?"

He walks towards the two large platforms and looks around again. First to the carousel house, then to the ruins with the child sitting on them.

"Alright, put a pin on those. I'll come back to them after I talk to guitar guy...if he can hear me. I might just be a spectator here. First thing's first, though..."

He walks towards the garden park and approaches the large dog creature with a warm smile on his face. He reaches his hand out to attempt to pet the creature.

"Hey, big guy..."  

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

ac-null3

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:36 am
This particular dog creature was covered in mostly fur of the palest wintergreen, with patches of deeper green from the top of his head running down his back, around his chest, and at the end of his tail. There were also bands of the color preceding the joints of each of his legs. The fur at his paws were a light purple, and the inside of his big floppy ears were lined with tan. He also wore a dark brown belt around his chest that held a sheathed dagger at his shoulder.

At Rhone's approach, the creature gave a non-threatening, friendly bark and swished his tail happily from side to side. He allowed the dark elf to pet him.

Behind the creature, a glowing rift appeared...it expanded and revealed itself to be a viewing portal for a memory.

This memory seemed to be from quite a while ago, from when Azriel still had normal, vibrant feathered wings like a mountain bluebird. She also looked to be in her mid-teens. Her coat was off and she was sitting on the ground at rest after having treated several welts along her arms and legs that came from insect bites or stings. She groaned with frustration and muttered to herself, "Wow, I was not informed the area would be crawling with that. Probably left that little detail out so they could finally get a taker."

It was then the dog creature emerged from the nearby brush (at this time however, he wasn't yet carrying a dagger), eyeing Azriel with curiosity. Though she didn't understand just yet it was curiosity. She tensed and froze up, staring wide-eyed. "O-oh dear. Wild dog. If I bolt, it'll give chase. It might be too fast for me to have room for takeoff. And I probably look threatening staring like this whyamIstillstaring..." she thought out loud to herself.

*whine...whine* "Woof!"

Azriel flinched at the bark, but after a few moments observed that his body language didn't suggest hostility. He wasn't tense, or rearing up for attack, or growling at her menacingly. He was starting to seem like...a domesticated dog? He didn't have collar or any other means of identification on himself...

"I...wha...are you some kind of rescue dog? Doing patrols?"

After sitting before her, he gave a whine and shook his head, causing Azriel to do a double take.

"Did you just...? You understand me?"

"Woof!"

Azriel was beside herself with amusement now, grinning. "Then...you must be somebody's pet?"

"Woof!" *nod nod*

"Are you...lost?" She wondered if he inadvertently separated from his owner.

*whine, head shake*

"Ah. So just enjoying a bit of a stroll to yourself, huh? What's your name?" A second later, she realized her mistake and facepalmed, giving a bit of an embarrassed chuckle. He probably was aware that with his vocal limitations, he couldn't really answer anything beyond yes and no questions. "Wait, my bad. How could you answer that."

The dog creature tilted his head in thought for a few moments, then seemed to light up with an idea. He started searching excitedly around in the brush, gathering sticks and placing a pile before Azriel. After it collected what it decided was enough, he pointed to the pile with his nose then looked back to her with a whine as if to say "A little help, please?"

With nudges of his nose, he guided her into arranging the sticks.

"N...O...I...S...H...E... 'Noishe'?"

Noishe gave a couple of excited barks and panted happily, his tail wagging swiftly behind him.

Azriel began to laugh heartily, both at how utterly silly this encounter was feeling and in amazement at how much more intelligent this dog seemed from normal ones. "Well, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Noishe!"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:02 pm
Rhone strokes his chin slightly at the scene unfolding before him before looking back at the creature he's petting.

"Noishe...I remember Zelos mentioning something by that name, but I don't remember what he said... You're definitely intelligent...more so than you probably should be. Where can I get one of you?"

It's then he notices Azriel's wings and the welts on her arms and legs.

"Giant bee stings? If so, she's in pretty good shape."

A smile creeps across his face.

"She's been a fierce one since before she even had her other selves, I see... "  

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

ac-null3

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:24 pm
Noishe seemed to give a bark of agreement at Rhone's words. Also, as if responding to them, the viewing portal started playing another string of memories.

At first it was a montage of Noishe willingly helping Azriel with tracking missions in her earlier adventuring days. Find this plant, search for these ingredients, obtain this amount of hide and whatnot. At some point in all of them, it was shown that it was Azriel doing most of the defending whenever they got into an unavoidable encounter with the aggressive wildlife. Sometimes Noishe would try to fight, but...it was clear he wasn't very good at it. Often it would seem that Azriel would tell Noishe to stay out of harm's way, but Noishe would be kind of stubborn about it. Like he was guilty about letting Azriel do most of the fighting for the both of them.

In the aftermath of the last memory that showed a battle, both of them were recovering at a campsite Azriel set up. Noishe had received a nasty (but thankfully not life-threatening) gash into his side. Azriel had also injured one of her wings, evidenced by how it was bandaged and stayed stretched out and drooped to the side. She was casting Healing Stream to treat the both of them.

"...Man, Noishe, if you're gonna be so insistent on fighting...hmm. I think I have an idea. But it'll have to wait until the morning, when we're well-rested."

The memory cut to the morning, where the both of them were standing opposite each other in a clearing. "I remembered last night a tournament I watched in the Meltokio Colosseum. There was this wild swordsman who had his dog as his partner, and that dog wielded a dagger in his mouth to fight. It got me thinking, Noishe, that maybe you could learn to do the same. Hmm...let's try it with sticks first?"

Azriel picked up one about the length of a standard fighting dagger and presented it to the intelligent dog creature, letting him take it into his mouth. After which, she selected another almost the same size as her saber. But as she held it before her, it was then she realized, starting with a nervous laugh...

sweatdrop "Heh heh...hah...I, uh...I'm not actually sure how to teach you. So...so lets approach this with a lot of trial and error? Get a feel for how to move with it, and when you're ready, try making a strike at me."

The next several minutes were filled with an awkwardly flailing Noishe, but the more Azriel observed his movements, the more she got ideas and made suggestions like "See if it's easier if you swing your neck this way," and "Would it be possible for you to make quick jabs like this?" while taking his head into her hands and gently pushing or tugging to guide him. Most of her suggestions sounded like guessing and questioning because, well, she didn't have a dog's body herself so she wouldn't know what exactly it'd feel like moving the way she told.

By the end of the session, Noishe seemed to have gotten a feel for doing basic slashes and thrusts, and was striking a blocking Azriel with some consistency.

"Alright Noishe, let's call it a wrap for today. I think you made some great progress!"

With a whine, the large green dog creature flopped onto his side and panted exhaustedly, nearly falling asleep on the spot. Azriel walked up and sat beside him, stroking the side of his neck comfortingly. "The training must've been pretty hard on this part, huh? I'm sorry. Rest up, pal."

The final memory in this string took place a few days later, with the two in a market overlooking a weapon merchant's stock. Noishe picked out a dagger of his very own, and Azriel fitted to him the belts and the sheathe that would hold it. It was all covered by her money, her thanks for all the assistance he gave on those tracking missions.

It was all the story of why this memory imprint of Noishe that Rhone is interacting with has a weapon on himself.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:30 am
Rhone smiles a bit and pets the dog one last time, looking at the dagger it wears and nodding.

"I hope you're staying safe out there."

He then turns around and starts walking towards the man with the guitar.

"Alright. First this guy, then the ruins."

Once there, he approaches the man while waving slightly.

"Nice instrument. I think I've seen one of my crewmates playing something like that."  

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

ac-null13

Lupine Deadeye

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:30 pm
"Hm?" After being called out to, the man opens his eye and looks down, noticing Rhone. For a few seconds in which he plays the closing notes of the song, he appears to have a blank expression, as if processing what to do next. This wasn't a real person, after all; simply a product of Azriel's subconscious that will sort out how to respond to stimuli based on instinct. So if he can't respond directly about whatever Rhone says, he's going to give sort of "automated responses".

"Why, thank ya kindly," he finally replies with a calm smile. There's a strong southern accent apparent in his speech. After the man strums the last note, he adjusts the guitar so that it's hanging off his back by its strap. Then he drops down from where he was sitting and lands in front of Rhone, folding his arms. "Howdy there. I'm a memory imprint of Zaul Oleander, the first friend Azriel made down on the surface. I take it ya kinda have an idea now of what's our function here from your encounter with ol' Noishe there. 'Cept we speakin' ones can get directly to th' point a li'l better. So, speak and you shall find. Is there somethin' ya wanna know or see?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:35 pm
Rhone grins and crosses his arms as well.

"Direct memory access, huh? Well, if you're part of her subconscious that means you know who I am and know of the memories I let her see, so I guess I can skip introductions. As for what I want to know..."

He scratches his chin with his eyes closed for a few moments before continuing.

"I'd like to know why I feel like I've seen you somewhere before. You feel very familiar and I have no idea why. To help figure that out...I guess do what Noishe did. If you're part of Azriel's subconscious you know what memories she'd be okay with me seeing. Let's just go with those. I'm not going to pry into anything she wouldn't want me to find out. After all, I don't know what manner of relationship you had with her. I wouldn't want to accidentally see anything private."  

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

ac-null13

Lupine Deadeye

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:14 am
The memory figment of Zaul had a hearty chuckle. "There ain't none o' that level of intimacy here, really. We're simply good friends." Then he put a hand to his chin and the other to his hip, seeming perplexed for a moment. "Hmm. In all honesty, I ain't sure what exactly fits yer query there, so I'm just gonna play a random string."

He crosses his arms again and closes his eyes. A viewing portal unfurls behind him.  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:16 am
The string of memories begins with a younger, normal-winged Azriel again making her way through the fairly busy grounds of Hima. She looked somewhat lost and somewhat uneasy, mostly from the unkind staring of humans here and there. The stares feel cold to her; as she walks along hugging herself and folding her wings tensely to her back.

From a distance, Zaul spots the Wingfolk girl and her apparent discomfort. Having heard where such people come from and knowing the history of such a place, he figures they share a common ground and decides to extend some support to her. He makes his way through the crowd to approach her, stepping directly into her path.

"Hey. Howdy there."

Azriel slowly looks up to him shyly, his tallness kind of imposing to her. She points at herself quietly, a gesture that asks, "Who, me?"

The one-eyed gunman musters the best warm and friendly smile he could. "Heheh, yeah, I'm talkin' to you. Yer one 'o them Wingfolk outta Exire, ain'tcha? Been on the ground long, or...?"

Azriel still keeps her arms close to herself, but her posture begins to loosen up. She couldn't help but smile back, though her own still held shyness in it. "I-I actually just left today, so...yeah, this is the first time in my life touching ground."

He puts a hand to his chin, then goes on to give her a firm, yet gentle piece of his mind. "Mm. I kinda figured. Listen, humans have a wide range of reactions 'bout people who're different from them. These include curiosity, fear, jealousy, arrogance...n' so on. If ya intend on stayin' down here long, ya best learn how ta let it slide offa ya. I mean, keep cool n' act unaffected, like them looks o' theirs mean nothin'. A show of obvious unease is gonna make ya easy pickin's.

Mind you, I ain't tryin' ta push ya into developin' that instantly. I know that takes a while to build up. And since this's yer first time on this world below, with no one you have a connection to on top o' that, I reckon a sense o' feelin' safe would be a big help to ya. I'd be glad ta provide that for ya, that is, if you wouldn't mind havin' my company?"

Azriel stared up at him incredulously, surprised at the offer. After all, he was a complete stranger at the time. Catching on to that, she creased her brow into a leer of suspicion and flatly asked, "...Is there something you want out of this?"

Zaul's eye widened and his mouth gaped as he was genuinely caught off-guard by the insinuation. He took a quiet moment to let it sink in, then...started laughing heartily. "AHAHAHA! Ya ain't entirely naive n' ya have yer wits about you n' all that! That's good, actually! Really good!

But no ma'am, I don't want anythin' outta ya at all. I just hold firm ta the ideal that we half-elven blooded oughta look out fer each other, y'know? That n' yer predicament vaguely reminds me of my own when I was startin' out as a newbie adventurer. The only difference's that ya seem t' have set out on yer own willin'ly."

Azriel laughed a bit herself at his jovial demeanor. "...Alright then. Sure, I would appreciate your company, uh..."

"Oh! Th' name's Zaul. Zaul Oleander. Pleasure's all mine." He extended his hand to offer a handshake.

She accepted, following up with, "And I'm Azriel Serafina."

ac-null13

Lupine Deadeye

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ac-null13

Lupine Deadeye

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:20 am
The next memory that was cut into was of the two exploring what appeared to be cavernous underground ruins. Zaul was showing her the ropes of the treasure hunting aspect of adventuring. He taught her a dowsing arte, discreet details to look out for regarding traps, and ways to set them off safely.

They eventually came to a huge chamber with a lengthy, steep-sloped walkway, and there were pits at both sides. There was a lever switch in a wall that was supposed to raise the stone door directly across the room, right at the bottom end of the walkway. They went over to stand by the switch and think before they made any further moves.

"N' this right here is yer typical boulder chase." Zaul pointed directly above them and began to explain. "As you can see from th' size'ble trap doors up there. These're fairly easy to outrun, given ya don't stop at all or trip along th' way. 'Cause really, there's a pause after th' thing drops down, so ya can get a purty good runnin' start. Now, is there anythin' else notable y'see in here?"

Azriel glanced around for a few moments, thinking, knowing this was a test. "Well, I noticed how the footing leading up to here was kinda loose. It's made to collapse, isn't it? Probably after flipping the switch? And these pits, they must be sharp and pointy at the bottom, right?"

To confirm her last guess, Zaul loaded one of his pistols with a flare bullet and fired it directly into the center of a pit. The resulting brief light did indeed reveal that the bottom of the pits was lined with jagged rocks. "Keen observations, both of them," he replied, smiling back proudly.

"Also..." Azriel stared back up at the ceiling, where the trap doors for the boulder were. "I'm not sure what I'm expecting...but there's something kind of...off about those lines trailing from the doors into the wall."

Zaul looked up again, actually caught off-guard at how he missed what she saw. He stroked his chin and thought about it for a bit, then shrugged. "These're centuries-old traps. My best guess is that's simply just an outline of th' space where th' mechanisms're stored."

"Hm. I'm gonna fly up for a closer look. I wanna see what happens when you pull the switch. I'm pretty sure I have enough room for the momentum to shoot through the door if I need to."

"Alrighty then. Good luck."

After Azriel had gone up to the cracks in the ceiling that she spotted, Zaul went ahead and activated the trap, then broke into a swift but careful pace as he anticipated anything down the walkway that might mess up his footing. Like loose tiles that might suddenly pop up or sink.

The trap doors didn't quite open, though. Some sort of structure was sliding out, revealing that they were just fake doors affixed to the stone. The whole thing looked like some giant wedge, a ramp aligning with the walkway down. Azriel's eyes widened, the pieces in her head finally coming together.

A low rumble quickly got louder as the rolling boulder sped its way down the connected slope much faster than predicted. Zaul certainly noticed that, but knew it would obviously be a big mistake to stop and look back at what was happening.

There was no room for words. Azriel saw that the exit had opened completely, and shifted her wings into the appropriate position to make a sharp downward swoop. Her momentum allowed her to carry Zaul forward faster than he could run as she flying-tackled him from behind. She tucked her wings to make it through the doorway herself, and they found themselves tumbling into the floor of an enclosed hallway. A split second later, the boulder slammed into the opening, closing off the way they came in.

After all that quieted down, the only sound left in the air was them catching their breath as they were sprawled face down on the ground. Zaul from his sprinting, Azriel more from an adrenaline rush.

"Ramp..." the latter piped up before the former could say anything, panting between phrases, "It wasn't trap doors...it folded out into a ramp that got the...thingie...rolling down faster..."

"Dang! I gotta admit, I never encountered one with a ramp design 'til now!" A pause. "...Holy $#!+, man. Had I faced this alone, that actually woulda been the end 'f me. Yer instinct saved my life, Azriel." He turned his head to make a proud grin at her.

As she stared back, she couldn't help but grin herself.

And then she started laughing. At first it sounded restrained, like the kind of laughing one does when they know they're not supposed to be laughing. Then in a few moments, she could no longer contain herself. She got on her knees, clutching her stomach and letting loose laughter that bordered on maniacal. Zaul even joined her, but understanding this feeling all too well, his own wasn't as intense.

"What the heck am I finding so funny?! We could have died!"

"That's why we DO, my friend! It's th' thrill 'f havin' beaten the odds! By all that, I mean..." Zaul got up himself to give Azriel a pat on the shoulder. "I'd say you've connected with yer adventurer's heart. I think yer cut out fer this kinda lifestyle."

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:30 am
What followed was a montage that summarized the initial couple of months of their friendship. The way Zaul would treat Azriel, it evoked a feeling like he was an older brother taking care of a younger sister.

Seeing that she came down armed only with spells, Zaul suggested that she figure out what kind of weapon she wants to take up. He first tried introducing her to the weapon he knew most about—the pistol—but Azriel didn't take to kickback very well. Not really knowing about anything else, he showed her to a weapons shop to choose what caught her fancy. It took a while, but she found herself most interested in the sword-and-dagger combination. She also picked up a couple of books on technique. Then he would also go on to teach her the importance of knowing how to fight unarmed, and self-defense techniques he learned throughout his life. The two would have sparring sessions on occasion throughout their travels.

Zaul would go on to teach Azriel a bit about hunting, introducing it as something to do to make a bit of money, as well as a means for sustenance if she's ever in a financial pinch. Azriel turned out not so enthused about killing land and air animals, but was kind of alright with fishing. It was something about hearing the dying cries of prey that bothered her.

He also led Azriel through common travel routes and got her familiarized with some cities along the way. After Hima came Luin, Asgard, and Palmacosta. From that point was Azriel's first brush with sea travel. There was a break in the swift pacing of the montage when it came to a certain memory that was pretty fond to her.

It was sunset. She and Zaul were in the crow's nest of the ship they were taking. Azriel was leaning over the edge with her wings outstretched, pleasantly taking in the cool sea breeze that brushed against her body as the vessel sailed on. Behind her facing the opposite way was Zaul sitting cross-legged against the the mast, his guitar in his arms. The two were singing in harmony a song that got stuck in their heads, from a stage play they had watched in Palmacosta.

♪ "See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me!
And no one knoooo-ows how far it gooooo-oes!
If the wind in my sail on the sea st—" ♫

However, the two were abruptly interrupted with a shout of "OI, SHUT UP THERE!"

There was an awkward silence, which Zaul eventually broke with, "...Pffft. Ev'ryone's a critic."

To which Azriel laughed quite heartily at.

ac-null13

Lupine Deadeye

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ac-null13

Lupine Deadeye

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:35 am
The montage continued its swift pace, with Zaul going on to show her Meltokio and then Sybak. In the latter city, the two visited the grave of Zaul's parents. Then they'd take up contracts posted at the tavern for a time to replenish their funds for necessities.

Things slowed down again upon reaching another strong memory. It was when the two were resting in the shade of a forest after one of their missions, sitting on the ground.

"Hey Zaul, there's something I've always been wondering."

"N' what's that?"

"How are you such a good shot? I'd think a person with just one eye would have, uh...distance perception issues, or something?"

There was a pause in which he seemed thrown off-guard by the question. Then he broke the silence with, "Y'can keep a secret, right?"

Azriel could sense the mood become a little more serious. With an intrigued but cautious gaze, she nodded quietly.

Zaul removed his eyepatch, revealing that set in it was a colorless, transparent lens with a cut that gave the illusion that what it covered was a brilliant-cut gemstone. As for what actually lied past that lens, set in his eye socket was a smooth, round, glossy blue stone mounted in a metal crest.

Azriel went wide-eyed and gaped. "You....you can see out of that?"

"Yeah. It's an Exsphere, and th' specially-crafted key crest helps it function as good as a real eye. Wait, have you even heard of Exspheres?"

"I think I have, when I was a child. I think the Sage siblings talked about them on one of their world history lessons. Oh, they'd visit the school in Exire at least four times a year to teach things about the world below."

"So I'm purty sure they've spoken 'bout how they're a purty controversial source 'f power, n' Human Ranches n' stuff?"

Azriel thought for a moment, then nodded with an expression that made it apparent that memories of those lessons were flooding back.

"Okay, so. One 'f th' Heroes of Regeneration, Lloyd Irving, is on a quest to collect 'em all n' hide 'em away so that they can be no longer abused. But he knows 'bout me n' th' few who are left who bear an Exsphere like me. See, the reason why he lets us be is that removin' this thing...will end our lives. No way around it."

"Wh...whoa. How?"

"Kind 'f a long story, but I'll try to make it short n' simple here. I was part of a secret guild called the League of Ethical Exsphere Testers. Our boss was a doctor n' scientist who wanted ta observe the effects of Exspheres placed on people who were allowed to just live normally. Th' special case is that the Exspheres provided were pure n' never cultivated from another's sufferin', keepin' true to the 'ethical' part. A consequence is that th' soul becomes fused with th' lifeless bein' within an Exsphere, thus that also means th' bearer's soul gets absorbed into it.

Luck'ly fer us, Lloyd didn't want fer our lives to end just fer what he wanted to achieve. Even more, he agreed to keep our secret 'cause if th' gen'ral public knew? They'd all be like, 'Hey, why're they allowed to keep their Exspheres, that ain't fair,' y'know? But in turn, our boss resolved ta stop takin' in test subjects n' surrender the rest of his reserves. N' that was th' end of LEET."

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:38 am
The memory figment of Zaul took a break from playing his "movies", opening his eye and looking up to meet Rhone's gaze again.

"So, anythin' ringin' any bells yet?"  

ac-null13

Lupine Deadeye

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:43 pm
Rhone chuckles at the adventuring memory, but waits to respond until Zaul finishes showing him everything, his face somber near the end. Once the portal closes and Zaul addresses him, he crosses his arms and grins and the jovial adventurer.

"I shouldn't have even been worried. She's already tougher than I ever would've figured. Yeah, I have to make her part of our actual crew if I can. I bet she'd enjoy some adventuring through the seas. Especially if Max's experiments allow us to see the bottom of it..."

As his voice trails off, Rhone takes his hat off and twirls it around his right index finger, placing his other hand on his hip.

"As for LEET... It's no wonder you seem familiar. I helped that group with their research before they were shut down. I even met some of the test subjects. If you were among them, I guess you either never told Azriel about me beforehand or you just forgot I existed. It's a shame they got shut down, but their research allowed me to finish my own. I even got Lloyd to at least accept it, if not completely approve. I may have to mention LEET to Azriel once she awakens. Wherever you are in the real world now, I hope you're doing well. You seem like an honest man. And don't worry. I won't let Azriel die."

He crosses his arms again and grins back at Zaul.

"I won't let any of my new companions die. If anyone's going to bite it, I'm first in line...and I don't die."

With that, Rhone turns around and looks over his shoulder, waving at Zaul as he walks towards the ruins.

"Welp, I've got some ruins to go see before I...I dunno. Wake up, maybe. Have a good one."  
Skits & Casual Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff