Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Fancy Poetry (Derrick and Ellis)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:09 pm
Derrick was in a more secluded area of the library, though he could still be seen. However, he wanted to be in the back because he was less likely to be interrupted.

It was library day today and he had gone to return the current calligraphy books that he had rented, though he was re-renting a couple of them. However, some of them really hadn't caught his interest and so he was looking at some new ones, hoping to learn some new styles or techniques from them.

He would go and buy the books himself, however he did have a budget that he had to stick to and it was at least cheaper for him to rent and copy a few pages rather than buy the whole book. Currently though, he was quietly thumbing through them, looking at the new ones to see if it was worth checking out.

Felyn
I tried XD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:24 am
Secluded or not, Ellis was a force to be reckoned with.

All of a sudden, the rusty redhead had barreled into the back area without a word, recklessly picking up and dropping stacks of books that littered the few old, chipped wood tables that seemed to stretch the whole length of it. Although not usually a disruptive or rude person by nature, Ellis’ face obviously looked troubled if the draw of his brows and purse of his mouth was any indication.

“Oh, no,” he mumbled to himself as he pulled the seat cushion up from an old, weathered chair. After scanning the inside to no avail, he pushed it back down haphazardly. The more he looked, the more stressed he appeared.

At last, when his eyes fell upon the only other person in the room, Derrick, his hope seemed a little refreshed.

“Sorry to bother you,” his words were too fast, matching his steps as he stepped over to the other boy’s table, “but have you seen a journal around here? I came with it this morning and then forgot it. I think.”

SSBrosB
YOU DID GREAT biggrin

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:02 am
Derrick jumped a bit when he heard the sudden noise, and was glad that he wasn't writing any calligraphy at this point. He looked up to see where the noise came from and saw a man hurriedly looking around for... something. Derrick was about to ask what the man was looking for, when the other spotted him and hurried toward the table Derrick was using and asked him himself.

Thinking about it, Derrick hadn't seen anything in particular. The table he himself was using had been empty when he spotted it. He furrowed his brows a bit. "Unfortunately I don't believe I have. What does it look like though? Maybe I can help?" It's not like he was studying for anything after all, interruptions were perfectly okay.

He stood up, showing that he was willing to help the other and not just giving lip service.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:45 pm
Ellis frowned as the other boy gave him his first bit of bad news - he hadn't seen it. The redhead wasn't normally one to let himself get down about things but his journal was his brain on paper, a comfort item like no other in the world. He had every journal he'd ever written at home, tucked away in his father's chest but this one -

"It's leather bound with a tassel thing that wraps around it a few times, like this," he made a motion of winding something rope-like around something else in the air, though he was aware it made him seem a little desperate. He had already looked away from the other boy when he began to explain it, moving on to pick through different stacks of books around the room.

"It's not as big as a notebook, not as small as a traditional paperback.."

Ellis began describing it absentmindedly as he looked around the little room, so focused on his quest as he was. He startled himself back with a sudden though and turned away from where he had bent down to look at the books on the bottom of a stack.

"Oh, and thanks for helping. I'm Ellis."

SSBrosB

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:39 pm
Derrick nodded, smiling a bit. "I'm happy to help. I'm Derrick. If you want to take the left side and I'll take the right side, and then we can go from there once we've looked at those rows?" It wouldn't do any good if they kept getting in each other's way after all. And maybe with a bit of structure Ellis would hopefully calm down a bit since they had a way of going about this rather than looking at random books or places.

He carefully pushed in the chair he was using and moved to the other side of the room. As much as he hadn't wanted to be bothered, he wouldn't just let the poor guy continue to be in a panic. That wouldn't be fair.

Although it should be easy to spot since it wouldn't look like any of the other books, it might be a bit easier if he knew more of what it looked like. "Leather bound with a tassel wrap. Anything else? Do you remember what color it is? Does it have a hard cover or is it paperback?"

Felyn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:34 am
Derrick was, in fact, right.

The moment he offered Ellis a precise plan of action, the redhead straightened, turned to look at him, and dropped the chair cushion he had been busy pulling up from the seat. Although he didn’t speak right away, he manually forced his breathing to calm enough that he eventually could.

“That’s actually a great idea,” he admitted, softly. As he abandoned his attempt to upturn every seat and table in the back room of the library, Ellis found himself smiling weakly for the other man in an attempt to not seem quite so manic. It’s just that his journal contained every thought that plagued him, every lilting word and verse he had strung together as the voice for his troubled heart. It wouldn’t hurt him terribly to have other eyes upon it but never getting it back? That was like losing a piece of his soul.

“It’s a burnt red color and malleable but not quite paperback.”

The semi-panicked ginger boy took a few steps up a closeby ladder so that he could begin browsing the upper shelves first - they were the most unlikely place for someone to randomly stuff a journal but there was no point in not searching every inch of the library before he gave up. Odder, more peculiar things happened in this city - like crossing lines with best friends and finding long lost hearts in his own dank, crumbling apartment building.

He paused mid-way through his search of the upper shelves and half-turned back to look at Derrick, suddenly realizing he had been too preoccupied for the niceties.

“Sorry, I’m Ellis. And thank you, I owe you one.”

SSBrosB

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:53 am
Derrick realized he hadn't quite been listening to the man when Ellis had to repeat his name. "Sorry. I'm Derrick. And it's no problem. I was just here reading anyway." It wasn't as if he was reading anything important either. He was just looking at what styles he wanted to practice.

Following his own advice, Derrick started to look individually at the books on the shelves, following Ellis by going from top to bottom. A book like his shouldn't be too hard to spot, considering that it wasn't like any of the other books here, however someone may have mistaken it for a book and just put it on the shelf. Derrick did wonder if Ellis had tried different avenues before looking at individual shelves. "I'm sorry for asking this if you have already done so, but you asked the front desk right?" He just wanted to make sure, though if they had said they hadn't found it, then they wouldn't be wasting their time looking over here at least.

Felyn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:56 pm
Ellis paused, up on one tip toe and stretching all of his petite frame to reach a book tossed carelessly across the tops of the others. From his angle he couldn’t see anything but a roughly similar shape to his journal, shrouded in shadows.

“Hmm?” A pair of bright blue eyes looked over his shoulder, distracted from his purpose for a moment. “I did, but the lady said she didn’t see it in the last round of pick-ups but she would check the next one when the cart girl got back.”

While the redhead rambled on, he had turned again to the book he was trying to reach. He managed to grab the edge of the book and pull into view before his fingers slipped - but it was enough to see the clear, gilded scrollwork lining the binding. Not a journal. He was nearly defeated by the mistake before he had a thought and turned, swinging back to Derrick in a quick swirl atop the stepladder.

“Maybe she just picked up? We could go find her.”

SSBrosB

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:55 pm
Derrick was almost done with the shelves he was looking at. Although he could have missed something, he had learned to look at things quickly with all of the parkour he did. After all if you couldn't see something coming up quickly, then you were bound to run into something or someone whom you weren't able to spot in time. He had broken his ankle once because of it.

Just when he was about to agree with Ellis about going to go ask the front desk if they had just picked it up, he saw something out of the corner of his eye on the very bottom shelf. He quickly bent down and looked at it, and saw that it seemed to fit the description of the journal Ellis had been looking for. It had apparently been shoved into the corner on the bottom, which made it a bit harder to see. He grabbed it and gave it a once over, seeing that it definitely looked like what Ellis was looking for, before standing back up and holding it out to the other young man. "Is this it? I found it on the bottom shelf over here."

Felyn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:58 pm
        Ellis had turned back to his examination of the top shelves, abandoned them, and begun to observe the center ones by the time Derrick called out to him. At first, his brain didn’t quite register what was being said - and then, all at once, he was turning and leaping off of the step ladder clumsily in his eagerness. If luck had been less on his side, he might’ve rolled his ankle. Instead, he simply stumbled and caught himself on the back of a plush arm chair while his eyes rolled up to lock on Derrick and the journal in his hand.

“Holy s**t, thank you!”

Once he had managed to regain his balance, the lithe ginger was back on steady feet and holding out a hand for his journal; every fiber of his being screamed at him to just take what was his and relish his luck but his mother was in his head urging him to be polite. Good boys don’t snatch things from people.

“Really, thank you, you have no idea how stressed out I’ve been about losing it.” The smile on his face split ear-to-ear.

SSBrosB

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:42 pm
Derrick was quite surprised at how fast Ellis managed to race over to him and even managing to stumble upon the way. Derrick shrugged. "Happy to help. I'm glad you got it though. Someone probably just had to clean up and put it on the bottom shelf randomly." He said while handing it over to Ellis. He didn't know what was inside of the book, but he wouldn't ask either. There were some things that seemed embarrassing to some people that they just wanted to keep a secret, like him and his calligraphy.

"At least you don't have to stress out anymore right?" Derrick said, before cleaning up the tables a bit from their searching. "Certainly was an interesting way to meet at least Ellis." He said, chuckling a bit.

Felyn
bad post is bad

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces