Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Daylight Hours [Caleb x Xi-Wang][Fin] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:01 pm
Caleb really didn’t do much. He hardly left the campus of Horizon Institute of Technology and Science, but honestly, why would he even want to. This was his chance to get ahead in the robotics field, and he was doing his very best to get ahead…of course, there were some times when ‘too much study’, was a thing, and today looked as though it was going to be one of those days.

Upon exiting the lab, the first thing Caleb noticed was the sun. The sun was very, very bright…much brighter than the artificial light had been while he had been working on his project…how long had it been since he had seen the sun? Two…three days maybe?

…How long had it been since he had seen his bed

…Two…three days maybe?

…how long had it been since he had showered?

…Most likely the same amount of time.

But his project was coming along so well…he couldn’t…didn’t like to abandon it. But…he had school the next day. Like, real classes so he had to at least go and freshen up at home…and maybe get some sleep.

And dinner. He needed dinner.

Another thing that Caleb needed was to watch where he was going, for the sleep deprived boy had just walked headlong into another boy and didn’t even realize what had happened until suddenly he was on the ground, laying like a turtle right on his overly stuffed backpack, blinking dazedly up at the bright blue sky, and squinting from that damned sun.

Sleet Tempest Snape

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:18 pm
While the other was sleep deprived Xi-Wang was the exact opposite. He slept - a lot. If they had an olympic sport of sleeping he’d win gold every time, he was that good at it. It wasn’t something he did on purpose, or started to do on purpose, it was hard to avoid now but he was working on it. He not only went to school but he now had a job and he had a bit of a nightlife now and that was also filled with duties. It was all new to him.

He had dragged himself from his small place, paid for by Jett, and had headed out into the daylight. It was cold out, hence the long coat and the hoodie he wore under it. His fingertips just peeking out due to the overly long sleeves of hoodie and coat. A scarf wound it’s way about his neck and kept him warm, he didn’t like being cold...he liked soaking in whatever warmth he could. Headed to a small coffee shop, wanting to get something hot to drink, he wasn’t expecting someone to walk right into him.

He’d been mid yawn when he’d been hit and knocked down with a yelp. Sitting up slowly, his hands settled on the ground behind himself he was holding himself up as he stared at the turtled figure on the ground. Blinking dark eyes he slowly got up and went to offer help. “Here...stand up.”

Orangeish Sherbert

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:38 pm
Caleb blinked rapidly still trying to force his sluggish mind to process what just happened. He had been just walking, and now he was on his back and now…now he was being helped up. The brunette reached up, clasping the offered hand and flailing for a moment to get himself back upright. “Ah…man I’m sorry. I wasn’t…looking where I was going or something…thank you.”

It was fitting that this was the person to block out the sunlight from his eyes. He was pretty, delicate for a boy…at least he assumed it was another boy, you never could tell sometimes nowadays though, but…but he was pretty sure in his own quickly formed opinion.

“I really am sorry, I just…it’s been a long few days and I haven’t really slept much so…I guess I might be a little out of it or something.” He looked at the boy again, those dark eyes were almost startlingly pretty…

“Is there something I can do to make this up to you? I mean…” He covered his mouth as a huge yawn escaped him and sleepily, Caleb rubbed at his eyes. “I can’t…take too long…my bed is screaming my name. I can hear it from here, I swear.”

Sleet Tempest Snape

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:23 pm
“It’s ok...you were distracted.” He answered lightly, voice just a bit above a whisper. There was no reason to speak loudly, not wanting to be heard by anyone else who might happen upon them both. Once the other was on his feet he let the hand go...and promptly stuffed his own hand into a pocket on his coat.

“You haven’t slept much….why?” Sleep was an important thing! Especially to him. Sleep was a need but also it was pleasant, especially when you were having a bad day. You could drift away and avoid everything...it was nice. Just thinking about it made him want to go back to where he was staying and curl up under his bedding and sleep.

“You should go sleep. It’s important....” He answered before glancing about. “Do you live far?” He asked while feeling for the other, no sleep in days...that would have been torture for himself. He couldn’t imagine the idea of not sleeping for a day much less several. The more he thought on this, the more they talked, the more tired he felt himself becoming...the idea of a warm drink or food sort of fading away. Though a warm drink before bed would be nice…..really nice actually.

“We can get hot chocolate...and if I’m closer you can borrow my bed…” Words came out of his mouth and thoughts were not behind them - he just spoke without engaging the brain at all.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:24 pm
“Ahah, that’s where I’m heading.” He flashed a little smile at the other boy. “I’ve been working on some projects, I go to HITS, and I’ve got a few things going on right now and I just…I guess I just get carried away with them and…” Another yawn escaped, and this time he was unable to cover his mouth this time and laughed once again at his own weakness. “I’m really not that far…”

Caleb paused at the suggestion that this boy was making and hesitated for a moment. “Well, I’m the apartment complex that’s just over there,” He pointed to a large building on the corner. “…And I have hot chocolate in the apartment, it helps me get to sleep, so…if you wanted to come over, or something, we could pull out the hide a bed that’s in the couch and turn on some movies or something?”

He hadn’t had a friend over before. Not now, not to his apartment. After his parents moved away last year and got him the apartment to live in so he would be able to keep attending HITS, he had pretty much been completely alone, save for their rare visits…and the idea of someone keeping him company for a little while…watching movies and just hanging out…was a really, really nice idea.

“I mean, you don’t have to if you don’t want to. I get why you wouldn’t…”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:27 pm
“I don’t mind. I was going to get hot chocolate and then return to where I’m staying and likely sleep.” His homework was, as usual, already done. He was used to doing his homework as soon as he got it, so he had time to do other things. “We can go to your place then and make hot chocolate, it’s easier.” And it would save him money, which he didn’t have a lot of at the moment.

“I attend Romano’s...I did go to Azure high before that.” Which held a similar reputation to HITS, it was known for having smart students and catering to the sciences and engineering subjects, with a good robotics team as well as how well they did in the science fairs. He had hated it there...and he wasn’t a fan of Romano’s but it offered a safety that the other school hadn’t offered.

“You can pick movies and I’ll make hot chocolate.” So the other could get himself comfortable on the bed first - seeing as he needed the sleep.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:08 pm
“Romano’s…that’s the new school right? The military school or something?” He had vaguely heard about it, but it hadn’t really interested him much…but if this boy, his new friend was going there, well…maybe it would be prudent to be at least a little more interested.

“I hope you like it there, the idea of military school kind of freaks me out, to be honest…too many rules for me. I really like the feel of HITS, where we can come and go as we please, and the school’s always open. Like, seriously, it never closes. I love when we’re on breaks from classes so I can spend all my time working on my projects.”

Caleb seemed quite excited about whatever projects he might be working on, and held open the door to his apartment for the dark eyed boy. “Oh, by the way, I’m Caleb. Caleb Dilts, it’s nice to meet you!”

Boy, he must have been tired to go this long without so much as an introduction.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:17 pm
“Yeah...and it was better than Azure. I don’t like it to be honest...but it’s safer.” He whispered, turning his head away from the other for a moment before turning back toward the other and giving a weak, tired, smile. “It is a lot of rules...but they are...good and bad.” It was what made it safe in a way but it was annoying, he wasn’t a fan of so many rules.

“You like doing projects I guess…” He said slowly, trailing off in order to hide a yawn of his own. The other must like the sciences, even without hearing about projects, given the school he went to. He had always wondered about that place always having people awake, working on things, he’d heard about it from people at Azure high whispering about it. They wondered what went on there at night, when most schools were closed and people were sleeping - as they should be!

“Xi-Wang Zhào...it’s nice to meet you also.” They should get going...they really should. “You want to lead the way…”

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:47 pm
Safer? Caleb wasn’t really sure he understood why a military school could be safer than a really, really good academic school…but he figured he had no right to ask, so he kept his mouth shut, for now.
Maybe when the two knew each other more…but…not when he had literally ran into this poor guy.

“Yeah! I’m really, really into robotics! Right now I’m working on one…” He trailed off. “I mean, I’m trying to. Sort of a you know, a get you moving robot. Eventually…one day, I’d like to have it help get you ready for the day, not do everything, but…”

He sighed. “Okay so it’s not even that cool really. It’s a tooth brushing robot. It’s pretty lame, and it doesn’t work well at all yet…but one day, one day I hope it changes the world, and prevents all plaque! No more cavities! Viva la teeth!”

…Yeah. Way to sound like an utter loser.

“Um...Anyway! This is my apartment, make yourself at home…I know it’s not much, but I’m hardly ever here. It’s too lonely most of the time.”

…Wow he really was tired. All of his judgment was completely out the window. Caleb, you don’t just tell perfect strangers that you’re lonely. …especially strangers who had already invited him to his bed?
Oh god. What if this Xi-Wang wasn’t just…well. Oh well. He couldn’t change things now.

“So…hot chocolate? You can have a seat on the couch and I’ll get it ready…or if you want to pull out the sofa bed, it’s in the bigger of the two couches.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:56 pm
The other was certainly into robotics, there was no way to deny or even overlook that fact. The drive and passion were there and he found himself nodding along to the others words. With that sort of drive he might just be able to do it...though he did sound cheesy and Xi-Wang had to try and not laugh, it would be impolite to do so. All the other needed to do was jab his fist into the air and the image would be complete.

Once he was calm enough, and he was sure he wouldn’t laugh, he spoke up softly. “I’m sure you’ll do fine. To be able to make even what you have already is an accomplishment. If you have trouble maybe a teacher could help - to smooth things out.”

“It’s fine...I live in a dorm room. It’s not much better...it lacks personality and isn’t home.” Though home wasn’t a place he wanted to be, unless he was locked in his room or the adults weren’t home so he didn’t have to suffer them. He still, most often at night, mourned the loss of the bond he and his mother had once had. How close they’d been...the divide between them now...it felt so vast and deep. He wondered, during those times, if she felt it also and if she felt like he did about it. He secretly doubted she felt like he did though.

“I thought I said you get the bed and I’ll make the hot chocolate. You’re too tired- you might burn yourself.” Or burn down the kitchen. The other was clearly tired, whereas he’d just had a nice long nap himself so he was rested...though tired once again.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:57 pm
Caleb shook his head, laughing. “If they had dorms at HITS, my parents wouldn’t have had to buy me this place. But, alas. They moved out of the country last year, my dad’s job took them over to Ireland for a five year contract, so I was given the choice of leaving too…but, well. I couldn’t just leave my school, and mom agreed with me, so boom. Now I live on my own and get to do whatever I want. Yippee.”

The brunette gave the other male a look and, placing his hand on his shoulder, gave him a gentle shove towards the couch in the living room. “Seriously. Pull out the sofa bed, it’ll take me like, three minutes to make the drinks. It would take you a lot longer, and I know damn well I’d get hurt worse trying to fiddle with that thing then by my electric kettle.”

As though to end the argument he went right to the kitchen and filled the kettle with water then turned it on to get nice and hot. He grabbed two mugs and four packets of hot chocolate mix from the cabinet and got to work, finishing both cups with a small handful of marshmallows and a generous helping of whipped cream. “See? Not a burn on me, Xi.”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:58 pm
“I wish my mother moved away sometimes...especially if it meant taking her wife with her.” He answered without much thought, his voice low and...sad. He shouldn’t wish such on his mother, it was wrong, but he did...it would make some things easier for him. Maybe it would even lessen the pain over how much she seemed to dislike him at times...over how much she had changed.

At the shove, and orders, he nodded. If this would lead to the other more likely to be hurt...then he’d handle pulling the bed out. “Ok.” His thoughts, for now, lingering in the background he set about doing just that - pulling out the sofa bed.

Once he had it pulled out, it did take some effort, he moved to try and find some blankets...or something. He didn’t leave the living room though so didn’t find anything. “Pillows...blankets?” He asked when the other came back into the room - with hot chocolate and no burns.

“I see, that’s good.”

Moving to take his drink, hands gently reaching out and taking one cup, he sipped slowly as he was being mindful of how hot it likely was. “Thank you.”

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:58 pm
Caleb paused, looking over at the boy, frowning slightly. “I’m sensing a lot of mom issues, hm? Anything you wanna talk about…? I mean, I’m normally a pretty good listener, and just remember that I’m tired as heck, so if I fall asleep, I might not remember anything when I wake up~”

So maybe that was a small comfort, but comfort was still comfort, even if it wasn’t much, most likely. “Ah, pillows and blankets...yeah...one second.”

He placed his cup down and opened up one of the closets, pulling out a big handful of pillows and a few blankets. “Ta-Da!”

Caleb plopped them unceremoniously onto the sofa bed and flopped down on it himself, sighing happily. “So, if you want to put in a movie, be my guest, my DVD’s are all over there,” He pointed at a cabinet full with small boxes. “And, the player isn’t difficult to use.”

This was kind of nice...having someone to hang out with...he kind of really liked it.

He had missed having friends.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:59 pm
“Yeah...a lot of mom issues.” He said nodding his head in agreeance. There were a lot of issues there with his mother, had been for years. “I mean...maybe. It’s a lot…” And they’d only just met...and he didn’t know what the other thought or if it would be too much, bother him, or just weird him out or in some way lose him a friend...one that he’d just made.

With the pillows and blankets coming out of their hiding spot, or rather storage spot, he sat himself onto the sofa bed and started to cover the other up while piling the pillows just above the others head, rather than lift the others head and slip a pillow under his head as that might be rude or bother the other.

“I..I don’t know...I mean what sort of movies do you like to watch? I don’t want to put something on you don’t like.” His drink, for now, was set aside as he worked on making something of a nest of pillows and blankets. He wanted the other comfortable, after all the other was being really trusting and he didn’t have to be. He was trying to be a good friend, this was sort of new to him. He didn’t try much with the few other friends he had, he kept them at arm's length due to his mother and step mother and just...the whole thing.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:02 pm
“Dude, I wouldn't have the movies if I didn’t like them.” Caleb shifted and let the pillows cascade down behind him, sighing and snuggling into the soft mass. “Oh, well, you know this does feel quite nice. I guess maybe I should start coming home more often…”

He yawned hugely and sighed, letting his eyes close for a moment. “I’m sorry your family situation sucks...what are the dorms like over at your school? You said they suck too? Ugh.”

Families should be there for one another...not treat each other like crud...that just wasn’t fair. There was enough people being treated badly in the world...that didn’t have to happen from those who were supposed to love you too...it was too much for anyone.

“If you ever just want a place to crash at, I mean, as long as you’re not a serial murderer, I don’t mind you coming here sometimes.” And while that might be the tired talking, he had already invited the stranger into his home, hadn't he?

And wasn’t that the best way to make strangers into friends?

Either that or he just sounded really, really creepy.

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff