Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:03 am
Orpheus Solon

Some of the soldiers had spoken about a flower in the desert. At first Arima had just shrugged off the conversation and continued with making her own ointments for the trio. They had some cuts and scrapes from training and the Matori had set to quickly bandaging them up. Honestly it had only been a couple of weeks since she had arrived in the encampment, but Arima was finding it easy to smile and laugh with the rough group. Some still didn't even know how to approach her since even the most cruel of the bunch still got a gentle treatment when they needed a healer's touch.

But then as she was bandaging up one arm, Arima couldn't help listening in. This miracle flower could be a cure all? A healer could truly use it?

"If such a thing existed then you could go for it, Arima." Teased one of them as they continued to talk about how this miraculous flower could be turned into a potion. That potion was supposedly powerful enough to be a cure all for any disease or sickness. So of course Arima was determined to track it down! Not that she wanted fame, but the thoughts of her sickly mother back in the city had stirred the girl.

So as she finished sending off the trio with their medicine and freshly dressed wounds the Matori had quickly gathered a few necessities and her journal. She would go and venture out and find this flower. Surely it had to be close right? Determined the girl sneaked away from the camp and faced the desert that stretched out before her. This was going to be fine. Nodding, Arima started off and ventured out.

It was early evening and so the woman walked through the night. Keeping her cloak tight around her shoulders Arima stayed warm with the help of some magic. Eventually as the sun dawned the girl took the chance to settle beneath a tree in a small oasis. She would rest here for now and continue looking more as the day progressed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:29 am
Sabra Knight

Slowly but surely Gahiji was working on expanding his 'territory' as it were, wandering just a bit farther from home each day, seeking out new challenges. There were rumors of the most amazing monsters in Oba, ones that even dwarfed the yaotls that he was so obsessed with. They were supposed to be monsters that reached the sky, though he'd yet to find any of them. Instead he ran across a few other interesting things here and there, such as the xaraan which he'd bet anything would be delicious and the janarim that looked to be something that he just had to fight with!

Said battle had resulted in both him and the beast left with wounds but the janarim escaping. A shame because he felt from the battle that the hide of a janarim would be rather useful for armor. Far better then the drow that he'd fought with back in Matori that had been a bit too... squishy. Too easy to defeat meaning that they were far to weak for his liking. Janarim though, that was where it was at! He needed to hunt them down, defeat them, and turn them into the most amazing armor ever! Before he did that though he'd need to deal with his wounds, huh?

Grumbling to himself as though it was the absolute worst chore he lifted his mask up just enough to uncover his mouth and set to licking one of his wounds. They weren't so bad, just scratches, so he wasn't really worried about them. He'd just find an oasis, rinse himself off, and call it good! With this 'master plan' in mind he started in the direction he knew a nearby one to be in.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:38 am
Orpheus Solon

Arima had been dozing beneath the tree when the approach of someone else woke her. Yawning, the woman covered her mouth with a hand before stretching out. At least walking across a desert had made her exhausted enough to truly sleep. Honestly it was probably her best nap in a while. The girl smiled at the thought before the appearance of the stranger truly began to take form.

A demon?!

Gasping, Arima quickly pushed herself to her feet. Grabbing her staff the healer waved it before her as she stood boldly before the demon's approach, "Stop right there! Don't come closer!" Her gaze flashed just a bit as she held out her weapon, "I may be a healer, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to fight!" Okay, so perhaps that wasn't the best way to do a battle call. Sighing quietly to herself Arima boldly strode forward as if to make up for her weak call. Though as she continued to look the girl paused. Was that a demon or was it just a strange looking man in a mask? What in the world?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:45 am
Sabra Knight

Gahiji was so focused on licking his wounds that he didn't even really noticed that there was someone else at the oasis that he was heading toward. A mistake that he was made fully aware of when said person suddenly announced to himself that he needed to 'stop' and 'not to come closer' among other things. He lifted his empty hand, adjusting his mask so that it was back in place and he could see through it more clearly. Alright, what do we have here he found himself thinking as he sized up the one before him.

A healer...? For a moment he thought himself blessed by the Gods and Goddesses when he realized that maybe she could heal him. Then he knew he was blessed as she told him that she also knew how to fight! It was always nice when those that he ran across made it abundantly clear that they were the sort that one could fight with!

Let's see... so that meant what exactly? That all he had to do was beat her in a fight and maybe he could get her to heal him? Grinning behind his mask he took hold of his yaotl fang spear in his hands and went charging her way. He would have to focus and remind himself that unlike the various beasts that he fought he didn't want to kill her. He just wanted to beat her so that he could claim some healing from her as a prize! It would be the best prize that one like Gahiji could obtained because it meant that after he was healed he could go out and seek more monsters to fight!  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:53 am
Orpheus Solon

Oh he was stopping. Arima let out a breath of relief. Then surely she had seemed strong enough to make him back off! Or not? Arima's gaze widened as the man suddenly started charging towards her! That was not how this was supposed to work!

Letting out an, "eep!" the girl gripped her staff and began to run - the other way. She was not prepared for this! Oh where were the soldiers when she needed them? That's right I was foolish and came out here without telling anyone really. Frustrated at her own stupidity the girl grit her teeth. She was not going to die here! Nope, nope!

She just had to think. What type of thing could she do? Ah. That little spell that she had been working on...could she? Twisting in the sands Arima twirled her staff in her hands and let the gemstone touch the sands. Might be harder to chase me if it's a bit slick right? Water began to form across the hot surface turning the sands into a dark wet trail before her.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:01 am
Sabra Knight

As Gahiji got closer the one with the strange weapon before him suddenly turned on her heel and started to flee... something that only made him run after her that much more quickly. It was similar to with the drow, he had to just push himself a little harder so that he could catch up with his would be opponent it would seem. It was kind of odd to him that she would challenge him and then run but it was hard to say what it exactly she might be planning. Not that he was even thinking too much on that. What mattered to him was catching up to get his fight!

As he started to close the gap between them she lowered her odd weapon to the gorund and seemed to make the sand all soggy? It was like running in the damp sand along the beaches of Matori. His feet stuck a bit in the sand, something that slowed him down a bit, which he didn't care for. Giviing a bit of a growl behind his mask he broke off, rushing to the side. If she was a magic slinger as well as a healer then he supposed that he'd have to circle around and look for her blind spot!

What was the range of magic? He didn't know, but sort of cared, if only because she might be of a mind to try to catch him on fire. Not something he could allow since it might hurt his precious mask. He'd spent a long time creating it and he would allow this strange looking girl to ruin it! As such he'd have to be a bit more cautious then usual, circle around her, and seek out an open so that he could pounce!  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:32 pm
Orpheus Solon

Oh this man was insane! Or definitely a demon! Arima's little heart was racing in her chest as she attempted to think of a strategy. Wounds she could quickly and calmly heal and patch up no matter the situation, but actually fighting? Definitely new!

Was this what it felt like to be prey? Arima quickly prayed to the gods that she could have the strength to get out of this. She had a task after all! A goal. Closing her eyes the girl imagined the flower once more. If she died here then how would anyone save her mother?

Cursing quietly under her breath, a few key words that some soldiers had taught her, Arima gripped her staff. Alright this guy could bring it on! She stilled herself and simply waited. He was out there somewhere, she could sense his movement. She would wait for the prime moment to use that spell of speed and as he approached her the girl would try to wack him with her staff.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:53 pm
Sabra Knight

Gahiji continued to circle around for a time before he saw the manner in which seemed to close her eyes? What was she doing? Possibly gathering power to use in a spell against him? Hard to say but he felt that it was the opening that he wanted! Giving a growl behind his mask he went charging forward straight toward the girl. This was the opening that he was looking for so that he could finally take her down and get his prize!

As he charged forward he stabbed the butt end of it into the sand, leaving it behind, and went forward to try to tackle her at the knees. He'd try his best to take her down and pin her, seeing that it would count as a 'win' and then she would owe him some healing! At least that was the way that he saw it... hard to say what the girl would think when he made the tackling attempt though. As he was mid-tackle he found himself getting clubbed with that strange weapon of hers... but he did his best to continue forward despite the fact that he gotten hit. What was one more wound after all?  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:03 pm
Orpheus Solon

Thunk! She had hit him! Arima's gaze widened at the fact that she had managed to do such a thing before reality sunk in. That hit had only dislodged the creature's face! As she was pushed beneath the man's body Arima found herself stunned, "Umph!" She let out air as she landed on the sands with the guy and began to tangle with him, "Wai-wait!" Her staff skittered out of her hand and across the sands from her reach as his body tangled with hers.

Her skirts riding up on her thighs and her hair a tangled mess Arima struggled against him, "Enough already! You aren't a demon so stop!" She attempted to kick at him but the motion seemed more like flailing as the man pinned her down. What was this situation?! Her cheeks completely flushed a light violet the Matori continued to attempt to shove him off of her. What was he trying to accomplish by tackling her out of the blue like this?! He had even left his weapon behind - did that mean he hadn't thought it worth the effort to kill her with a blade? Was she going to be choked to death by this madman? But he wasn't choking her? Just rather tackling her? Arima was definitely confused by all of this but she knew one thing - she wasn't going to go down this easily!

With all her might the girl did something uncharacteristic - she found the closest area of exposed skin and bit down on the stranger.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:12 pm
Sabra Knight

Gahiji actually did give pause after tackling the healer, a confused look appearing on his face as the woman told him that he wasn't a 'demon' which was... correct. He blinked slowly before lifting a hand, pushing his mask up off of his face, and starred at the flailing girl. He'd pinned her down, didn't she know that meant that he'd won? There was no reason for her to keep flailing about! Jeez! Sitting up a bit he starred down at his 'prey' and found himself wondering what she was. A weird mix like most likely given her weird coloring. That was his guess at least.

"I..." He got only the one word out before the girl was suddenly lunging at him, sinking her teeth into his arm. Gahiji let out a yelp of surprise. It seemed as though the strangely colored healer fought in a manner similar to the beasts that he was dealing with earlier, huh? Weird...

Giving a growling sound he said, "You know biting isn't exactly allowed in most duels... weirdo..." As though of everything that had happened to this point it was this one thing that wasn't above board and this made Arima the weird one. Lifting a hand up he caught hold of one of her fin ears, giving it a tug in hopes of getting her to release her grip on his arm.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:16 pm
Orpheus Solon

She had already bit him by the time realization sunk in. He was about to say something? And then he was talking about duels?! "Ow!" She let go of his arm to reach up and smack his hand from ear, "I'm the weirdo?! Really?" She was flushed as she chastised him, "Who walks around in the desert with a mask like that?! Then instead of talking you just charged at me!"

She pushed against his chest, "I never wanted to duel, I was just trying to warn you off. I guess you obviously thought different. Anyways you can get up now! Seems like the fighting is over with." She protested as her cheeks continued to warm at the realization of their position. What a crazy man!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:25 pm
Sabra Knight

Gahiji nodded his head, "Yes, you are." He agreed with her, releasing her ear as he was smacked if only because she'd stopped biting him like she was some sort of angry beast. No reason to keep tugging on her ear when he had already got what he wanted from her. Blinking a couple times he lifted his hand up to pat his mask before he answered simple, "I do." Why wouldn't he wear his mask in the desert? Sure, this wasn't where the Yaotl lived but it was still a good a place as any to wear it. It intimidated people and beasts alike after all... though for a moment he wondered if it was his mask that made her accuse him of being a demon.

Sitting back a bit he said, "You're the one that said you could fight. I just wanted to test the claim." It was, in his mind, basically a challenge and therefore he had to take her up on it. She was an opponent in his mind before she was a girl meaning he could fight her without worry.

Hm? Could he get up? He gave her a once over before hopping up and declared, "I won so I deserve a prize from you, magic slinger." After telling her that he set to brushing himself free of the sand that stuck to him. Given the sweat and blood he was coated in the sand wasn't so easily removed. Glancing. Deciding to give up on the boring attempts he walked over to where he'd left his yaotl fang spear and picked it up.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:36 pm
Orpheus Solon

"I would beg to differ." Quipped Arima back. The last thing she felt like was a weirdo - more like she felt like a near death survivor currently. As he sat back the girl wiggled to freedom and brushed the sands from her skirts angrily, "You know someone should teach you a bit more about life. It's not normal to wear some strange mask and attack people - just because I said I could fight did not mean I wanted to fight."

She moved so that she could reach her staff. Frowning the Matori brushed sand from it as well before turning back towards the man, "Most people would walk up to one another - without a creepy mask or at least move the mask from their face - and then greet each other. Like I would for example say, 'Oh hello there! My name is Arima and you are?' Does that make sense?" She attempted to tuck some loose curls back into place, "So instead of grabbing me and calling me magic slinger we could have each other's names. Also, if you are wanting to test out someone's ability to fight you should ask them for a proper duel first. If you were to attack someone else like a madman it may not go so well for you." What if it had been a trained fighter? They could have slaughtered him!

And what could he possibly want from her? Though her gaze did slowly take in the dirt and blood that decorated the boy, "If you are injured already you shouldn't be fighting me for favors." She chastised quietly, "There's a pool of water nearby. We can rinse you off there so I can get a look at those wounds. Even if you did have the worst first impression I've ever seen I can't ignore someone injured so let's go." She motioned towards him before walking a ways towards the actual oasis spring.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:45 pm
Sabra Knight

Gahiji gave a lazy sort of shrug of his shoulder before he said, "If you didn't want to fight you wouldn't carry a weapon. Anyone that has a weapon in hand is fair game and a challenge." Though he supposed that if someone was unarmed but wore those fighting gauntlets might count as well... as well as any beast with sharp teeth and fangs. The rules in his head were a bit fluid but he knew who was and wasn't worth fighting at a glance. Not his fault that she was one of those people!

Hopping up to his feet he took off his mask, looking it over for any damage that might have been caused by the girl's attack. A bit of a marring, but nothing that would be impossible for him to fix. As he looked up at her as she complained about his manners and how 'normal people' went about greeting each other. He blinked slowly before he said, "Sounds dull. It's more fun to start out with a good tussle, to see if someone is even worth an introduction." He cocked his head to the side, a thoughtful look on his face, before he finally said, "I suppose that given how hard you walloped me that you're not so bad, Arima. I guess I can share my name, it's Gahiji."

She continued to tal but he sort of spaced off for a bit, scratching at one of his wounds, his eyes going to the oasis. As she mentioned him rinsing off so that she could get a look at his wounds he grinned, nodded, and headed in that direction. He was getting his way when it came to the healer patching him up so he was happy, "Good, good! Maybe once I am healed up I can catch up with that janarim again and get a rematch!"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:14 pm
Orpheus Solon

Arima sighed in frustration, "I would love to know who gave you such a bad concussion as a child to think the way you do." She muttered before placing her staff back in its holder across her back. What a strange man. Having a weapon was supposed to be for protection, how else would she survive if someone wanted to pick on her out here? But he looked for fights? Arima had to stop thinking about his decisions - truly it made her head ache.

At least he considered her decent enough to receive his name. Arima almost laughed at the thought. Nothing it seemed would get through to him save for him agreeing to getting cleaned up, "Uh, you should at least rest one day before chasing after anything else." She replied quickly as she shot him a concerned look, "Just because I heal you now does not mean I want you to dislocate your arm or do some other ridiculous damage to yourself in the same day."

Now that they were at the pool of water the healer began by filling up a flask, "Go sit here." She pointed to a long smooth rock that hovered over the waters, "I need to rinse your body off so I can see what injuries you have."

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff