Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:55 am
Kesmi

After a long morning of exploring the Matori cliffs and beaches looking for exotic animals to sate his curiosity, Leukos was feeling rather famished. And parched. And a little winded. In fact, he could really just use a nice long break. The Matori sea breeze was refreshing, but no amount of cool wind could cover the fact that it was a very sunny day. So he headed back to the main hustle and bustle, finding a food vendor to purchase lunch and refreshments at. He walked for a bit longer with his steaming fried fish, looking for a nice shaded spot to relax in while he ate. His eyes landed on a nice swath of shadow against the wall of a building, sitting down on a pile of crates to start munching away. He’d only gone a few bites in before his eyes traveled over to another figure sitting further down in the shade. He definitely was not a local. Not with those ears and pale coloration. What’s more, he had a huge Janarim and some kind of… serpent? Leukos doused a cloth with some water and wiped the back of his neck, glancing over at the strange man from time to time. His face was rather pleasant, even if it was marked by a scowl at the moment…

Eventually his curiosity got the better of him and he gulped down the last of his food, wiping off his hands and turning on the boxes towards him. “Hello, I’m sorry if this is terribly rude, I’m sure you get asked this all the time. But I travel quite a bit, so guessing heritage has become rather a hobby of mine. Are you by chance from Zena? It’s just, your crystals are such a lovely shade of blue, I was curious…” he smiled charmingly at him, hoping his guess was correct.

[1/10]  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:32 pm
MissMisnomer

It was one of those days that he wished for a cooler climate, even without his leather guard over one shoulder and pant legs rolled up. It was still warm out, leaning against the coolness of a building wall, Draven sighed. Standing at his side, snorted Regale, the large Janarim that followed the youth around without much of a lead or rope. The beast was being a grump that day cause he hated the heat as much as his owner, even if they had traveled through Oba together. Then there was the Keldari, she was coiled up one a crate while Draven rested a moment.

"you can be such a stubborn beast." Draven muttered as he eyed the Janarim.

He was going to tell the beast more, but someone else had other ideas and came over to speak. Blinking a moment, this stranger was one of the local-ish Matori. At least that is what they looked like, his adopted sister had some of the same qualities that he had. Still, it made the hybrid jump a little at the sudden approach of this other.

"My mother was from Zena, my father was a Traveling Merchant. I haven't been to zena since I was an infant." This was the truth, as he had been stolen away from his grandmother that had had other ideas of this for Draven's future... "So who might you be? Rather friendly to just walk up to most anyone, huh?"

With the sudden approach of the stranger, Regale placed himself between the two, his head lowered as he growled lowly. If anything, the gold and crimson beast was protective of the hybrid. His tail flicked slightly rapping against the nearest wall, the end acting like a club of sorts. Draven had to shove Regale to one side so that he could talk.

"Honestly Regale, relax and move." Draven shoved, though the Janarim didn't budge, his feet planted where he stood. This wasn't the best of conditions...  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:00 pm
Kesmi

Leukos did not move from where he sat, recognizing the telltale signs of an overprotective Janarim. But he didn’t tense up either, that would just show weakness. That would make it worse. So he acted like nothing was wrong, smiling casually at Draven.

“Well, I like to think I’m a rather friendly guy. My name’s Leukos. I’d come over and shake your hand, but it appears your large friend is not fond of me. I assume he’s always like this? Janarim can get a little too… clingy… when they get attached to someone. Ours back home has gotten over it, we travel way too much for him to get angry at every new person we meet.” He tried to maintain an air of calm, but the low growl was bringing back some rather unpleasant memories of his recent encounter with a wild Janarim. So he kept one hand on the whip at his side, just in case.

[2/10]  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:09 am
MissMisnomer

"Regale is hardly fond of anyone. It took some friends ages for him to get used to." Draven explained as he wiggled out around the Janarim who huffed, still watching Leukos "I was hoping that with all the traveling we do, he would be used to being around others. Sometimes he's good, but times he is like a pup or something." Frowning a little, Draven looked back towards the one who had called himself, Leukos.

"I'm Draven, this brute is Regale and the ball of scales is Nile." He looked at the slumbering Keldari. "It's nice to meet you, wish it was with a better tempered companion."

Regale huffed again before turning away from the both of them and settled down some. His tail still twitching now and again. Well at least he had stopped growling at Leukos. It was a start, Draven hoped. From all the noise, the Keldari opened her ruby colored eyes and peered around. Her tongue flicking to taste the air. Tension was in the air and it made her scales itch.

"With Regale's history, I sometimes wonder if he even trusts me. He didn't have the best of up bringings." A tale he never liked to remember, for both their sakes.  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:38 pm
Kesmi

“That’s unfortunate; it always pains me to hear an animal was subjected to mistreatment. I’ve had some experience with that, it can really mess them up. But the fact that he’s so protective of you means he has to trust you at least a bit, you should be proud. You must have done something to earn that devotion.” They really were temperamental beasts, Janarim, but known for their fierce loyalty once they became attached to someone. It was an admirable trait, as well as a flaw.

His eyes wandered over to the curled up Keldari as they gleamed in fascination, just itching to get a closer look. “The smaller one, Nile, I think it was? It’s lovely, I’ve never seen a serpent like that before. Such green scales, and is that a third eye?”

[3/10]  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:29 pm
MissMisnomer

"It never started that way... It took a lot of time to earn his trust. And a lot of bribes." Draven looked back towards the Janarim who didn't look at him. Shaking his head, he picked up the Keldari and moved closer to Leukos. "Yes, she is a Keldari, from Yeali I have heard. Nile is calmer then the grump back there."

Not even having to look at Regale, the beast shorted before rapping his tail against a wall. He certainly was in a mood today and it was only to get more sour. Draven remained with his attention on the Matori before him. Nile had uncoiled herself to wrap up around Draven't arm and over his shoulders, her eyes on Leukos.

"From the look on your face, have you never seen one before?" Draven asked as he scratched under Nile's chin. "Though, they are rare on this side of the waters. My father was lucky to find this one at a Market."  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:41 pm
Kesmi

Leukos leaned in closer to get a good look at the animal, letting his eyes drink in every detail. “You’d be right about that, I’ve never seen one before. She’s absolutely gorgeous. I’d heard we had discovered some wondrous things when the new island was located, but I’ve never seen them for myself. Apparently there are people there with glowing black eyes and crystals. Have you seen any on your travels? I’d think we here in Oba would have the largest number of these foreigners, since we are the closest.”

He paused and gave his forehead a little smack, leaning back on his crates. “Oh duh, what am I saying? Sorry, I just got here. It’s hard to remember I’m in a totally different country; Oba has been my home for all my life!”

[4/10]  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:26 pm
MissMisnomer

Draven eyed the Matori as he mentioned Oba. That had been the last place that he had seen his father, the older Wind had been headed towards Tale and Draven went in another direction. This direction landed him meeting an Alk who was being harassed by bandits. Shaking his own head, Nile stretched herself our towards Leukos, her tongue flicking at the air, inspecting it.

Yea, I heard their homeland wasn't the most hospitable place. haven't heard much about the locals. But it is on my places to visit list. After my trip to the north. One trip Nile won't be making." He petted the Keldari as she pulled back to fold back over Draven's shoulders. "So you are from Oba? I used to travel around with my father, he's a traveling merchant."

Ignored, Regale pulled himself back to his paws. Turning the Janarim stepped over behind Draven, before just about pushing the youth off his own two feet. Stumbling, Draven looked back at the beast a little surprised. "You on the other hand will be going, whether you like it or not." he poked at Regale. As if the say 'duh' Regale merely snorted, his eyes turning towards Leukos, ever watching.  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:42 am
Kesmi

He leaned forward with the movement of the Keldari, positively oozing vibes that he wanted her to come closer. But regrettably, the reptile pulled away to coil around her master's shoulders once her curiosity was sated, leaving Leukos with a little disheartened frown. But he'd been asked a question, so he quickly wiped it away to replace with his usual charming smile.

"Oh really, no way? What a small world! I'm actually a part of a traveling circus troupe, how crazy would it have been if you passed our caravan and didn't even realize it? Right now I'm sort of on a little vacation, haven't really ever taken one before, I hope I'm doing it right. It should be hard to mess that up in a place like this: it's so lush and beautiful!"

[5/10]  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:15 pm
MissMisnomer

"Perhaps we had crossed paths, I didn't get to see much of the outside world. Most of it was in the dark, learning to read and write. Father always pushed towards calculating the sums of goods in many different ways." Draven Shrugged, "He had wanted me to take over his merchant life. But I always hated doing math and stuff like that. I just wanted to be, normal." He stopped there, not really wanting to put his entire life's story on the table of sorts. "But working for a circus sounds interesting. Lots of people always around."

He still had his insecurities when talking to other people, sometimes he was fine. Other times not so much. But as if on que, Regale turned and shoved Draven to where he was almost falling to the ground. Seemed the Janarim didn't want his charge to hole up again. Those golden eyes watching the hybrid youth before looking back towards the Matori.

Draven yelped a bit as he was pushed, catching himself before he landed on the ground, Nile hissing her own complaint to the larger beast. The rattle on her tail shaking slightly, seemed she didn't like the sudden motions. The Janarim merely snorted before advancing on the Matori, looking to give him a look or sniff over inspection. His lips rippled back before falling over his long canines, accessing whatever threat this other might pose.

"Regale, really, stop doing that. You know it upsets Nile when you do that." Draven muttered trying to calm the Keldari who was trying to slither down his shirt as she had as a hatchling.  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:32 pm
Kesmi

Leukos laughed a bit, relaxing on his crate. “Well I would be the last person to claim I have had a normal life. Change is just something I’m used to by no―” He was cut off by the sudden movement of the Janarim again, who jostled Draven about as it came over to asses Leukos again. The distressed Keldari wasn’t making the situation any less stressful, rattling about and hissing plaintively. It seemed this particular beast was rather poorly trained, way too uppity. Was it really safe to have something so distrustful and deadly walking about with the masses? What if someone got hurt? That would just be disastrous for the victim as well as the misguided creature.

He looked down back at the animal, his attention entirely on its golden eyes. Sitting straighter and rolling back his shoulders a bit, Leukos addressed Regale in a firm but respectful tone. “You do not need to worry about me as a threat; I have no intentions of harming your friend. We are just two men having a chat. Teeth are not needed here. But I suppose if it makes you feel more at ease to be suspicious, then you have my blessings to run a full assessment of my character, if that might help.” Leukos lifted his hands up slowly to show the beast his empty palms, spreading them wide in a large but welcoming manner. He sat still and tried to breathe evenly, even as his heart began to pitter-patter in his chest. But now was not the time for recalling old memories. He’d been here before, he knew what to expect. He just had to trust himself to follow his instincts and training.

[6/10]  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:55 am
MissMisnomer

Regale still advanced on the Matori, watching him move, ears flicked slightly. Stopping before Leukos, Regale stretched his neck forward sniffing at him. Starting from Leukos' hair and moving down. He snorted slightly before moving to push Leukos a bit, testing.

Draven sighed as he finally got Nile to calm down and stop trying to get into his shirt. He had to put her back into her saddle bag where it was dark. Turning back to Regale he stepped over and grabbed a hold of a horn and tugged. "That is enough out of you. What has gotten into you? You're never this misbehaved." Draven said scolding the Janarim who seemed for back away from Leukos, even if he wanted to continue pushing at the matori.

"Now behave of the next time I will leave you with Dem and Masika."

Regale gave a huff at the thread before tugging away from Draven's grasp to settle behind him as always. Claws raking across the ground as he did, always watching.

"I really don't know what has gotten into him. He's not normally this way. He's fine around V'Demhe and her Daughter Masika." Draven watched the Janarim to make sure he wasn't going to move toward Leukos again. "I am really sorry about him. With what he came from, it might just be that you are another man. I don't know." He frowned slightly, crossing his arms.  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:10 pm
Kesmi

Leukos let the inspection proceed without making a fuss, a shiver running down his spine as hot air puffed into his ear while the beast sniffed his hair. Everything would be fine, so long as he didn’t panic and do anything stupid. Eventually Draven came to the rescue, tugging its head away. He relaxed a bit more as the Janarim sat back on the ground again, though it did still seem rather riled up. At Draven’s words he put his palms together and pursed his lips, trying to choose his following words with care so as to not offend him. “That’s alright. But he does seem rather testy right now. Or maybe… he’s always had a bit of this in him, it’s just that he’s used to being around people he trusts? Perhaps… you might consider that this distrust goes rather deep? Enough so, that getting help for him… might be a wise option?”

He reached into the bag at his side and pulled out a little notebook, tearing out a page to scrawl something onto it. He handed the piece of paper out to Draven, if he chose to take it. “I don’t want to sound presumptuous, but I’ve encountered more than a few Janarim in my life, many of them with serious social issues. And I’m not saying that yours is an immediate threat or anything! It’s just… it might be fair to him… if you’d both work on his people skills a bit? The name on there is for a man back in Oba, and where to find him. He runs a respectable and totally humane training facility for all kinds of animals, but his specialty are Janarim. I’ve seen him work, it’s really inspiring; he has so much respect and love for the animals! Maybe consider paying him a visit if you pass through Oba again? You both might actually enjoy it, to improve your relationship even more!”

[7/10]  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:33 pm
MissMisnomer

"I think anyone kept in a cage too small for them day after day would make them have a testy nature. Which was his fate until I bought him, the merchant took pleasure in banging the bars with anything within sight. If I could have, I would have let him have the same treatment." Draven looked at Regale who now looked away, paws crossed as if he had done nothing wrong in the first place. "I wouldn't really blame him to have some trust issues. Not being labeled a cursed beast because of his coloring and forced temperament."

Draven looked back at Leukos as he wrote something down and handed him a leaf of paper. Taking it, he looked at the name before putting the paper into a pocket. He could consider it, but not at the current time. He was preparing to head north. "If I do go to this person, it will have to wait. I'm headed north within the month and don't know when I will be back to the Oba area. Regale will be going with me, maybe the cold will help cool his temper some." A grunt came from behind him as Regale laid with his head on his paws. Seems his interest in Leukos was sated and there was nothing too special about him.  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:00 pm
Kesmi

Leukos looked past Draven at the Janarim lying down behind him with shared sympathy in his eyes. He had unfortunately had firsthand experience with what it was like to be refined to a small cage for weeks. To be treated like an unwanted animal. “Yeah, I can see how that might have affected him…”

He was glad to see that Draven did not tear up the paper right away, and he didn’t seem offended. At least he might consider it. “Oh, maybe it will; I’ve never heard of Janarim going north to colder climates. Perhaps the icy snow will keep him occupied! You said that Zena was where you were born, right? I’ve never been there; I can’t even imagine a place that’s always so cold! It’s been sand and sun my whole life; maybe someday I’ll make a trip up north as well, just to see what all the fuss is about.”

[8/10]  
◈ RP Graveyard

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces