Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
(PRP) Waiting out the storm ( Nalani and Primrose)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:53 am
This rp is between Cheyriddle4 and Belloblossom.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:01 am
User Image

Nalani could sense that a storm was approaching. The biting chill of the air just has this particular scent about it.. Something she can't quite put her paw down on but it is there. She and Maverick her beloved familiar have been traveling for days now. Quite liking the mountain areas for the moment and how much presence they seem to have. The cold doesn't really bother her considering her coat is pretty thick. Thanks to genetics from what she understands. A grandmother that was a walker and from her mother a mutant in her own right. Nalani had gotten similar traits to her mother and father. So a mutant she is.

As the winds start to pick up. She starts to look for shelter. It wouldn't be good to get stuck out here in this storm. No. She would rather be somewhere out of the snow. Bracing herself against the wind she makes her way towards the mountain. Trudging through the snow and stepping over rocks. It takes a little while before she finds a cave. Stepping inside she glances around warily. Sniffing the air she only smells old scents. Nobody has been here recently. Stepping inside she explores a little bit and looks back as her bobcat friend scampers inside. " Going to be quite the storm Maverick.." She notices what seems to be an incline and she makes her way up to where there seems to be a perch. She lays down and looks out at the white snow covered scene outside. Snow starting to fall again.

belloblossom

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:07 pm
User Image

In the lands where Primrose journeyed from originally, before she had been trapped within that dreadful carousel, she didn't have traditional winters. It didn't snow where she had lived, instead it just rained near constantly. Then, when she was ensnared by the carousel and all the ponies within, the weather had never affected her. Under the spell of the carousel, she was always warm and full. This was so that she always looked her prettiest when she was on the contraption, she suspected.

While she didn't remember much of the carousel fondly, she sure would have liked to feel fed and warm now, she thought. The mare embodied the spirit of spring in her looks, but it her short coat betrayed her against the cold and her saddle provided little warmth to her back. The air was frigid and there was a bitter sting that came with the rising winds. Primrose wanted so badly to get out of it, something internal telling her to find some sort of cave to rest in until the winds calmed. When it started snowing, she was still outside and had to go on instincts to lead her safety.

Eventually, Primrose stumbled into the cave, snow in her mane and frost covering the buds on her antlers. Shivering, she looked around the cave as her eyes adjusted and with some alarm, she realized that she wasn't alone.
"O-Oh! Do pardon me, I'm just trying to take some solace from the storm outside... Is it alright if we share this cave?" How awkward it would be if mare lived here and how horrible it would be if the answer was no and Primrose was forced out into the storm, which had certainly picked up outside. She desperately hoped it wouldn't come to that.

Cheyriddle4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:47 pm
Nalani and Maverick had just settled down on the ledge when out of the storm comes a horned mare. She notices the differences right away and how the other didn't have a winter coat. Poor thing. Easy prey if she was a purewalker but fortunately for the other she isn't. The other seems startled when she notices her. Nalani watches with amusement as the other speaks. She gives a nod."It is alright. I don't mind sharing. I just came here moments before seeking shelter too. So company isn't a bad thing.. This storm could last a while."

She wraps her tail around the bobcat and looks over the others appearance. The mare is interesting. But again poorly equipped for the weather." I'm Nalani.. And this is my familiar Maverick. Your name?" Direct and to the point. If they are going to spend time together they should know each others names.

belloblossom

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:28 pm
Primrose smiled at the other as she was allowed to stay and share the space. It was then that she noticed the pretty pattern on the mare's thick coat and the bright colors in her mane. By all sights she seemed very feline in appearance, Primrose herself was an omnivore by necessity, but she did hope that her new companion and her familiar were not hungry, for surely they would be carnivores.

"Oh, pardon my manners!" She said realizing she had yet to introduce herself. "My name is Primrose. It's very nice to meet the two of you." She said with a pleasant smile, before turning her gaze from the pretty mare and her bobcat to the sight of the snow outside. "How long will it last, do you think? I'll admit, I'm not used to such winters, though, I suppose that may be obvious, hm?" She shivered again and shook some of the frost from her antlers and the small flowers that grew around them.

Cheyriddle4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:53 pm
Nalani gives a nod of her head. " That's okay. Oh.. That's a pretty name. Primrose. It is nice to meet you." She looks out at the snow and lets out a soft hum of contemplation." I don't know.. Could last as little as ten minutes or for days.. We will have to wait it out. Going out in it wouldn't be good though.. Many tend to get lost in snow storms.. Loss of visibility. For now.. We have shelter.. Hopefully the storm passes quickly. We didn't bring any food with us.. Though.." She listens around." There might be some water further in the cave.. " She gets up. Her tail swishing as she moves down.

She pads her way further in and finds the water." Yes.. a little pool of water.. So at least there is that." She looks over at Primrose." In truth I didn't get here very long before you."

belloblossom

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:11 pm
Primrose smiled and ducked her head a little at the compliment, a pleased blush rising to her cheeks. She was unused to such compliments, especially from pretty mares like the one that stood before her.
"Th-thank you." She replied. "It's nice to meet you too."

She then went to the mouth of the cave and observed the snowstorm outside. Even from within the safety of the cave, the mare still shivered. Oh, how she wished that the sun would come out and chase off such a blustering cold. Primrose stared at the outside world another moment, before turning at the sound of Nalani's voice, musing about the storm.

"Days?" Primrose echoed with wide eyes and turned her gaze back onto the storm. "I don't think any sort of weather should be allowed to persist for that long..." She remarked, "Except maybe for a warm spring day." Well, it was clear where her loyalties lay, at any rate. She nodded once and then turned around when Nalani mentioned the prospect of water and watched as her companion walked towards the back of the cave, which was actually deeper than it looked, Primrose realized. She hurried after Nalani, not wishing to be alone, even for a moment and found the other mare standing with a small pool of water at her paws.

"How on earth do you think it got here?" She asked, referring to the pool of water. Looking up, she spotted some stones that protruded like spikes from the ceiling of the cave. Peering closely at these spikes, she saw drips of water falling from the spikes into the pool. It looked to be a rather slow process, which them made Primrose curious to how long it took to create an entire pool. The spring pawed mare had a healthy respect for the creation of things. "Oh. Look there," She said nodding her head at the spikes. "I guess I've answered my own question, curious of an answer that it may be." She turned from the pool slightly and sighed. "Well then, what shall we do now?" She paced a little and then stopped, looked apologetic and moved towards the mouth of the cave again.

"You must forgive me if I seem anxious." She went on. "From where I come from, I've never seen such winters. Or, I've never felt it, exactlu." She did not remember the winters from when she was a foal. She only remembered the warm sun and the flowers and the dark outlines of her parents. Then, after she was captured by the carousel, she didn't feel the affects of the winter, even though she saw the white snow sometimes. It was as though she were under some spell, she reflected with a shudder, her eyes fluttering closed to mask the worry that was appearing within them. She still didn't know how she managed to get away from it, but she was eternally grateful that she did. Her eyes opened and she sighed, even if it meant dealing with all this snow and cold.

Cheyriddle4
How long would you like this RP to continue for?

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games