Welcome to Gaia! ::

RWBY: Simple Souls

Back to Guilds

An RP guild set in an alternate universe of the RWBY series. 

Tags: RWBY, Roleplay, Ruby Rose, Beacon Academy, Vale 

Reply Beacon Academy
Beacon Dorms Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rengato
Captain

Cunning Businesswoman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:36 am
All the dorms at Beacon appear to be co-ed dorms, with males and females sleeping in the same room. This allows all members of a team share the same living area, regardless of differing genders. The students note that these rooms are somewhat cramped. However, more organized teams generally find that there is sufficient room to meet all of their needs.

The doors to the dorm rooms are secured using an electronic lock, which can be disengaged using a student's Scroll. It is possible to get locked out if the door closes and a student does not have their Scroll with them.

In each dorm room there are two additional doors, one on each side of the room. These two doors lead to a closet and a bathroom.

These dorms are separate from the rest of the academy, being located a great distance away from the academy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:12 pm
User Image
User Image

xxxiixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxiixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxiixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              company ;; Team ECHOxoxoxsong ;; Roguesxoxoxlocation ;; Beacon Dormsxoxoxoutfit ;; Pajamas
                                        User Image

• spaceShortly after the ceremony ended, everyone's fatigue seemed to catch up with them. The adrenaline was wearing down. The group shared a "hands in the center" moment at Elliot's prompting, symbolizing their camaraderie and joint efforts that would undoubtedly be waiting ahead. After that, Carmine spoke up about finding their dorm, and everyone seemed to agree that that should be their next plan of action. Opal personally could have gone for a walk around campus, but she could just always pick up a map on their way out. First, they stopped and met their mentor, Miss Ruby Rose, but she seemed preoccupied with one Weiss Schnee so they took their leave from her rather quickly. Next, they confirmed their room assignment on their scrolls, steadily heading to the off-campus dorms.The team made idle chitchat as they walked to fill the silence. Opal didn't talk much, honestly, and she lingered closer to Crimson, but she watched the other three as they carried on. That comfortable feeling was back. It was odd, but welcomed. Her feelings of disappointment and slight anger had moved on for now as she felt more and more relaxed. Was this what being on a team brought? A sense of belonging? Taking down a completely unfamiliar Grimm together could have added to that. Still, the faunus couldn't help but feel... a little more whole.

spaceAfter they finally arrived to their dorm, with a healthy dose of trouble from the electronic lock, the group could relax. It seemed that their bags had already been delivered, as well. Wasn't that was convenient? "I think there's only one bathroom, so I'm going to find the communal shower. Easier than rock, paper, scissors to see who goes first, right? " She gave the group a little smile and then dug into her bags to gather a few things, waiting to see if anyone opted to join her. Well, not join her in the shower, of course, just to find the place. The redhead left the room briefly and found the conveniently placed communal showers. She washed up and dried off, taking a moment to look in a long mirror at her back. "Yep," a purple and light brown bruise was forming down her shoulder to her hip from her fall in the initiation. She pulled on her pajamas, then walked back to the dorm (with anyone else if they went along), using her scroll to enter the room. She sat beside the bags on her bed, towel drying off her long, red hair and taking the moment of peace to breathe easily.

space"It feels good sitting on a bed..." she mused, eyes closed as she dried off one of her long ears.

xxxiixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxiixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxiixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                    xxxxxxxx↷↷ i w - whispering pretty stories i long to hear once M O R E

Weeamoo

Rengato

Zylvanness

ooc : hope this is alright~ let me know if i should edit it at all!

thirtyspacechickens-go

Dapper Gawker

10,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rengato
Captain

Cunning Businesswoman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:41 pm
Zylvanness

Weeamoo

thirtyspacechickens-go

~𝕰𝖑𝖑𝖎𝖔𝖙 ℣𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫~

"You asked me five years ago if this is what I wanted to do with my life. All that time passed, and I've never strayed from the course. So trust me. I will become a huntsman."

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

User Image

Elliot had tried his best to keep up conversation with the others on their way to the dorm rooms. When they met Ruby, he had received a bear hug and almost became incapacitated by her excitement. She was usually like that, overly energetic. Compared to Elliot she was like the sun, overbearing and intense with how much energy it gave off. Meanwhile Elliot was like a beacon of sorts, shining excitement as best he could without trying to step on anyone's shoes. Her energy's at a ten while mine's firmly at a seven or eight. There's just a whole different level to it. He thought to himself as the three of them finally arrived at their dorm room. It was... different from what he had been expecting. Unlike Taiyang's place, the door lock was electronic and needed their scroll to get into the room. Very different from anything he had seen before. So this is what it's like to be in a place like this, huh? He thought to himself as they all entered into the room after fiddling with it for a a little bit. Honestly, Elliot was not too sure if he would remember how to use the lock or not.

Once inside, Elliot immediately jumped onto a bed and spread himself out across it, basking in the comfort of relaxing. "It's been so long since I've been in one of these. But... the room's a bit small, don't you think?" Elliot asked, taking note of how cramped everything was. Luckily, he did not own much besides his clothes and the stuff he used to work on his gauntlets. He did have quite a few pictures that he had to put up... but they would definitely have enough space on one of the desks that was provided for the three of them. Looking towards his bags, he spoke in response to Opal's statements about using the communal shower. "I don't think I can stand right now, so you guys can go ahead and do whatever you want. I'll take a shower in a little while." He called out as he let his head fall into his pillow, utterly defeated by the level of exhaustion he was experiencing. Not only had he fought quite a bit of Grimm today, but he also had to use a lot of his aura too. Combine that with the strange Grimm that did a number on him and the young man was due for a short rest.

"I just gotta put up one thing." Elliot stated, reaching over to one of his bags and opening it up. Casually, he pulled out a medium-sized picture and place it in the window seal beside his bed. The picture was of a woman with dark hair mixed with purple, Glynda, and Elliot. They seemed to be at a picnic table with Taiyang in the background cooking food. Glynda was looking towards the camera with a slight smile on her face as the other woman was ruffling Elliot's head, unaware that a picture was being taken of the three of them. Similarly, Elliot was looking up towards the woman with a rather offended expression on his face, obviously not happy about what was occurring. Overall, it was a rather peaceful scene. Elliot simply looked at the picture for a few minutes, unsure of whether or not he wanted to keep it there or move it someplace else. "I think this'll be fine. It's not like there's anywhere else it could go that'd be better." Elliot muttered to himself, allowing his body to fall back onto the bed as he simply stared at the picture in its frame, smiling slightly to himself.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"Dwelling on things just isn't healthy. You gotta live in the moment if you wanna keep moving forward, yeah?"

V.E.R.M.I.L.L.I.O.N.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:46 am
User Image
Team ECHO
ʂvalrvænn Hildrhárr
~The Valkyrie~

Thou seek the light with an outstretched hand
A divine blade lies before you,
So command the wake of dreams
To restore the world, cut ‘way the seams

A cold wind exhales, from the mountain half
And wind blows through hollow dells
Skies clear as day, shall soon turn to grey
And you’ll know, Hildrharr is here.

((edit for Ruby and Weiss))

Svalrvænn was more than happy to accompany the rest of her team on their way to see the dorms. She wondered what they might be like. Grand? Luxurious? Would they have their own kitchen?! The possibilities were all but endless when she thought about an academy like this, and everything she'd seen so far was leading her to believe they would have everything they need. And yet, she couldn't help but reconsider her thoughts, remembering how Ozpin thus far is impossible to read. Everything so far has been a challenge, and Hildr found herself remembering the ceremony. Mauve was the chosen leader, still a surprise for Hildr, all her training and assumptions would not lead her to believe he would lead a team. Hildr in-line with the others, listening into the conversation taking place, smiling, laughing, or nodding whenever possible. Before they left the amphitheatre however they briefly met with their new Mentor, Ruby Rose. Hildr knew all about Team RWBY and their achievements, and Ruby was said to be one of the greatest Huntresses in the world. Whilst many new and growing Huntsmen would squeal in the face of Ruby, Hildr remained reserved, however her attention was drawn more towards that of one Weiss Schnee. She was the Heiress of the Schnee Dust Company, the second daughter of Jacques Schnee and attended Beacon, much like Hildr was doing now, even though they were from Atlas. Their meeting was brief however, and soon they were on their way. She could see the dorm buildings getting closer, and began to feel excited to see where they would be living. She began to fall a step or two behind Elliot, and watching his figure move in front of him she wondered about how he was chosen to be leader. At first, she thought he had all the right qualities to become leader. He made plans, told others how to execute that plan, and wasn't... necessarily selfish. On the other hand, he enjoyed some attention, whether he realises that or not, and his plans or always on a whim. She couldn't begin to judge Opal or Carmine yet. As for herself, she felt that she wouldn't have been surprised if she was made leader. I've trained for as long as I can remember, to the point that even teachers at Atlas are disappointed I did not attend. And whilst I am not sad to not be leader, I don't quite believe the pattern. The pieces are... falling as they may. Hildr looked away then for a second to Opal and Carmine, seeing how exhausted they were too. Is leadership yet another lesson? Hildr thought.

It wasn't long until they arrived at the dorm rooms, in a corridor with carpet that felt soft even under the sole of her boots. Team ECHO stopped to observe the locking mechanism, coded specifically for their personal Scrolls. Once achieving entrance, the four of them were greeted with - well, a smaller than expected room. "It's certainly cosy." Hildr said with a smile, in reply to Elliot's comment on the room being quite small. Hildr stepped in a little further, inspecting the room and it's bare contents. That was when Opal considered going to the communal showers, a good suggestion Hildr thought. Seeing as Opal went to collect a few things, Hildr said "I think i might join you, if I may." Hildr hadn't given herself a moment to think how she might have sounded, but obviously she meant to join her figuratively. With a towel and pyjamas in hand, as well as some soap, Hildr followed Opal in their quest to find the showers.

It took a little while, but soon enough they found them, and Hildr was beneath the hot waters in no time, feeling more refreshed than ever. Now, though, the adrenaline was waning and all she could do was feel her aching joints. Her throwing arm was really getting it after fighting that spider Grimm. Hildr had remained very polite in the communal area, not talking unless spoken to first. Not out of awkwardness, but because she felt that these areas were to calm oneself, to reflect. As soon as she was finished she dried herself off and got into her pyjamas, a black tank top with an ornate grey and gold symbol spread over the front. It was her symbol, of wings and a spear up the centre. Her trousers were grey plaid. She gathered her stuff and smiled to Opal and Carmine if she had joined them before heading back with her fluffy winged slippers.

Coming back into the room, she noticed that Elliot had placed a photo by the window. So far she hadn't seen who exactly was in it, but she presumed it was himself and his family. Opal moved to her bed, and Elliot was sprawled over his. Hildr took her own bed and pulled off her towel, letting her grey hair air dry for now. Then Hildr dropped backwards to lay back on her bed, touching her pillow and letting her body sink in. "I couldn't agree more" Hildr replied to Opal.

Clearing your path is an open hand
Your pain and fear melt away
Close stands the shield-maiden, and in time, you will know
You’ve been saved by the Valkyrie, Hildrharr

Join in our prayer, in our song of birthrights and love
Come the sun, illuminate the sky
Pray that we may quell the dark - Light take the throne
Lost in thoughts all alone

rengato

thirtyspacechickens-go

Weeamoo

Zylvanness

Deathly Prophet

7,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

Weeamoo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:58 pm
User Image
User Image
                                ▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱ Carmine had been completely starstruck when the newly formed team Echo met their mentor: Ruby Rose. Growing up on patch, the woman's name was mentioned quite often. Pair that with tiny Carmine's infatuation will all things hunting-related, and they had a tiny fangirl on their hands. It didn't help that she'd been with her partner, Weiss Schnee. Luckily, it had her mostly frozen in place for the duration of their meeting rather than badgering the poor woman for her autograph, what she planned on for their training this semester, etc, etc. Nothing really escaped her, only entered, having taken in a massive inhale on her arrival and only exhaling after they parted. "We're really mentoring under Ruby Rose!" she'd finally squealed under her breath, as if she'd questioned the announcement from earlier up until now. Carmine would let out another brief low-volume high-pitched sound with a wide smile on her face. This was way too cool! Her fascination didn't stop there, either. Even the locks here were high tech!

As soon as they were even able to enter the room, the white-haired girl sprawled out on whichever bed no one else seemed up for claiming. Elliot's questioning of the room size made her think. Rolling over onto her back, she glanced around the room. Even Hildr made the comment of it being cozy. "Is it?" chimed Carmine, somewhat curious. Her room at home wasn't anything compared to this. It only had enough space for her little single, and her dresser. Organizing the space took some...creativity. Wait- what are these guys used to? Is my room really that small?! Sheesh, now I'm kind of glad I've never had company over... With a breath, Carmine sat up on the edge of the bed and smiled. "We can make it work; nothing to worry about." Things could have been much worse, and they had that cool lock...

Opal then voiced something about hitting the showers. This had been their first real chance to rest since the initiation. A shower sounded like a dream, and it seemed Hildr thought the same as she opted to join their red haired comrade. Elliot, on the other hand, seemed to want to chill out for a little while before doing much. Carmine had her own plans. "Sorry, I have to catch up with you later too," she explained, raising a hand. As much as she needed a shower, there was a little more she wanted to do before getting cleaned up. After the other two girls left, she picked up her duffel and pointed toward the restroom they were to share. "Mind if I pop in there quick?" As long as he had no plans to use it soon, she'd change into a much lighter outfit, some black training shorts and a red hoodie, before exiting with a stretch. About to head out for a run around campus, the newly placed picture frame caught her eye. The scene in the photo seemed to be a peaceful one, and even Elliot seemed to be admiring it. It...was nice. Carmine found a warm smile coming to her. Looks like fun... "Hey, I'll be back in a bit. Going for a run. You should tell me about that picnic later, okay? Unless... it'll just make me hungry." With a bright smile to her new friend, the girl left the room to take a trip around campus.

"I'll protect everyone including you. Nothing is going to get in the way of that, not even me." ▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰

thirtyspacechickens-go

Rengato

Zylvanness

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:47 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

◈ » « ◈ » « ◈ » « ◈ » Sienna&Amber « ◈ » « ◈ » « ◈ » « ◈

The twins had parted from their teammates after the ceremony to fetch their things from a cheap and rundown motel not too far away in Vale that they'd been living in and managing to keep through various odd jobs here and there. They'd only gotten back about an hour ago and unpacked before hitting the shower together. As they came back out, now dressed in identical running shorts and camisoles, they found Tyzan arranging some of his own things. Amber plopped onto the center right bed while Sienna took the far right.

"Wow these beds are soft. Feels weird." "I think they feels amazing. Better than that nasty motel mattress or the floor." "The floor at least has support. So...er...Tynan right? Looks like it's mixed gender rooms. Not to assume, but, don't try anything with my sister or I." "Amber! Are you seriously doing this?!" "What? I'm looking out for you. We've never slept near anyone else, much less boys. And we honestly don't know much about him." Sienna rubbed the bridge of her nose. "Sorry...she's a bit paranoid. She means well, but, I know she can be difficult sometimes. But, she's worth it, trust me." "Damn right I am. I'm the main reason you and I are still alive sis. I just want to keep it that way and make sure you're alright."

◈ » « ◈ » « ◈ » « ◈ » « ◈ » Team: « ◈ » « ◈ » « ◈ » « ◈ » « ◈
OOC: Hope this is okay, that forced break kinda threw me off. And I know Amber seems about as social as an angry wasp, but, give her time and she'll warm up.

Wearing:
Amber
Sienna

Items:
❖ Amber
---》Desert and Dervish: A pair of single-bladed swords that fire dust rounds over the back of the blade. They are able to be connected to form a double-ended blade staff.
❖ Sienna
---》Sting: A hand-scythe that can fire off the head to reveal a 10ft chain with a mechanical retraction system strong enough to pull herself around the battlefield with.
---》Viper: A segmented single-bladed sword that can extend into a six foot bladed whip.
Lupa Fur

VJammer

Fashionable Citizen

10,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Weeamoo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:03 am
User Image
User Image
                                ✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧ "Is it naptime yet?" Stella asked as she entered their dorm room. To her, it had felt as though they'd been out hanging up posters for hours. In fact, it had only been about an hour and a half for the two members of Team STRS to hang up Stella's flyers all over campus. Sigmund had some pretty good suggestions on where to put them, as well, mentioning places Stella hadn't thought initially. Now they were out there. The only thing to do now was wait for the calls, wait for the emails. She was sure some of her regulars would want to use her services again, but the people the faunus was banking on the most were the first years. Slipping her bag over her head and onto the floor, Stella crashed into her bed. There wasn't much left to do today except prepare for classes tomorrow. It would probably be advantageous to pack her bag or something of the sort, but she simply lay there for a moment.

"Thanks again, Sigmund,"
                                the girl mentioned as she stared up at the ceiling. "If you're really up for helping out with a session or two, I'd be happy to give you a cut of the lien for the ones you help with." It was only fair, of course. Then again, if they really didn't get large enough as to where she did need help, that would be its own problem. No use worrying about it now. I'll probably be able to tell how this year goes as far as tutoring after the first week or two.

"Sure, things seem a little dim now, but there are always stars among the darkness." ✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

fireshadow0908

Moonlite Runner

Dr_OrpheusTelos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:53 am
User Image
User Image

company ;; Team ECHOxoxoxsong ;; Roguesxoxoxlocation ;; Beacon Dormsxoxoxoutfit ;; Pajamas
                                        User Image

• spaceWhen Opal and Hildr arrived back at their room, the faunus noticed Carmine was missing. She silently wondered where the girl was, a little disappointed she was gone. Opal scooted further back on her mattress so she could cross her legs, finally taking a moment to actually look at the room. It wasn't much, but it had the bare necessities, and Opal was used to that. Their four beds were beside each other and placed against the windowed wall, desks and chairs lining both adjacent walls. She chose the bed closest to the door, against a wall, and she looked over the others. Hildr looked picturesque as she agreed with Opal, bringing a smile from the redhead, "At least the beds are comfortable, makes it easier to deal with the close quarters." She spoke with a small laugh. Elliot was nearest to the window and he seemed to have placed a picture on the sill; he was sprawled out, still in his fighting gear, as he gazed lovingly at the image. It was a family scene, it seemed. Glynda Goodwitch was there, so was a tall blonde man that looked a little familiar, a young Elliot, and a woman she didn't recognize. Though, Elliot and the mystery woman resembled each other greatly.

space"Is that your family? You all look really happy. How old were you then?" Opal spoke softly to her team leader, eyes leaving the picture to rest on him. Honestly, she was interested in Elliot's life. Professor Goodwitch raised him and this photo confirmed that she was a part of his life from childhood, but the other woman seemed more motherly to Elliot. When she first met Elliot and the others, Opal arrived late to the conversation going on, so she felt like she missed something. Seeing that photo reminded her of the one she kept, as well, the one of Hunter. It was hard leaving him behind to pursue her own future, but she kept telling herself it was for the best. It was for him, after all. Her little brother was her reason for fighting. Still, it stung to realize that she had no family photos like that; no picnics to speak of and no hair ruffles. Without realizing, Opal had turned her gaze back to the Vermillion family photo. It was unfair of her to assume that Elliot's image held no deeper meaning, but she still couldn't help feeling a little jealous. Even when her father had his softer moments, he wasn't affectionate or loving, just less serious and more empathetic. He was a puzzle of a man, and his death would only serve to add more pieces to the complicated mess. Her mother, even more so.

spaceTrying to stave her thoughts, once again turning her gaze to Elliot, Opal focused on him as he answered her. She knew it didn't do her any good to get stuck in past memories. At least, not the bad ones. Gingerly, she hopped out of her bed and knelt down to rummage through one of her bags. She pulled out the picture of her little brother. It was from one of her secret visits that Raven helped her with, when her brother was six and Opal was with the Branwen tribe. The redhead place the unframed image beside Elliot's, smiling down at him before she returned to her bed again, "If you don't mind, of course. We're all fighting for someone, huh?" She crossed her legs on the mattress and held her pillow in her lap, hugging it to her chest. Her eyes wandered to the valkyrie, "What about you, Hildr? Do you have any family photos to add?" It was true that Raven told Opal a few tales of the Valkyrie clan, but she didn't dwell on it; they weren't a worry to the Branwen woman. So, Opal never pushed for more knowledge on them. But now that Hildr was a part of their team, perhaps it was a good time to start learning. Though, her grey-haired teammate didn't mention that part herself, so Opal wouldn't be the one to bring it up.

xxxxxxxx↷↷ i w - whispering pretty stories i long to hear once M O R E

Weeamoo

Rengato

Zylvanness

ooc : thank you for the patience<3 sorry i took a lifetime! also hope this is an alright post? i can edit it if needed C:

thirtyspacechickens-go

Dapper Gawker

10,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rengato
Captain

Cunning Businesswoman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:40 am
Zylvanness

Weeamoo

thirtyspacechickens-go

~𝕰𝖑𝖑𝖎𝖔𝖙 ℣𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫~

"You asked me five years ago if this is what I wanted to do with my life. All that time passed, and I've never strayed from the course. So trust me. I will become a huntsman."

User Image

Elliot was not paying too much attention to the others. By this point, he had drifted off into his own little world looking at the picture he had put up. I was probably being pretty stupid earlier. I should really try and control my feelings, like you always did. You were so calm, collected. I wish I could be like that. Elliot thought to himself, lamenting the fact that he acted out on his emotions way too much. In reality, the young man had grown up to be another Yang rather than someone like the woman in the picture. That was not necessarily a bad thing... but not how he expected his life would go. I wonder why Yang wasn't at the ceremony. I was sure I'd get to talk to her at least a little bit... even if she wasn't our mentor. The thought made Elliot sigh in slight defeat, obviously not too happy with how the day's events were turning out. Everything seemed so... backwards to him. His attention, however, was taken away from these thoughts when Carmine suddenly started speaking to him, telling him that he would have to explain the picture to her later or something along those lines.

"Yeah, I don't mind. It's not like it's some closely guarded secret or anything." Elliot jested, trying his best to make some semblance of a smile. The girl seemed to be dressed to train, and that seemed rather strange to Elliot. Surely she must have been exhausted from the forest, right? Confused, Elliot did not say much else as he watched the girl leave the room. It did not take long for the other two to show back up after Carmine left. For the most part, Elliot had returned to looking at the picture during this time, wanting to contemplate recent events. Opal, however, seemed to want to talk to him about the picture that he had decided to put up. Turning to her, he answered her question in a rather cheery voice. "I was eight. My mom just got back from a mission, so we all decided to go out and have a picnic with the Xiao Longs. It was pretty fun..." He stated, trailing of a bit as he looked back towards the picture. "My family's always been huntsmen and huntresses. I'm just kind of... following in their footsteps I guess? I don't know. I just joined up because I wanna fight Grimm and help people. It just felt like the right thing to do." Elliot stated, still staring at he picture before him.

His trance-like state was broken when the woman decided to put her own picture right next to his, confusing the young man somewhat. Her statement about having someone they all wanted to fight for kind of stung a bit. Did he have anyone he was fighting for? Anyone specific? Did that make his being a huntsman less significant than these other people? His reasons had always been rather simple. Just the thought of it made him feel kind of embarrassed. "Yeah, I guess everyone here's fighting for someone special, eh?" He mused, trying his best to hide the fact that he was so simplistic in nature. When Opal mentioned Hildr, the young man turned to look at the white-haired woman and gave her a slight smile. "I'm kinda curious to see what your family looks like. Are you all armored up all the time or anything like that?" Elliot asked, obviously trying to pick on her a little bit about how knightly she seemed so far. "Not that that's a bad thing." He clarified, trying his best not to seem too offensive with his question.

"Dwelling on things just isn't healthy. You gotta live in the moment if you wanna keep moving forward, yeah?"

V.E.R.M.I.L.L.I.O.N.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:56 am
User Image
User Image

company ;; Team MNCSxoxoxsong ;; OMxoxoxlocation ;; Beacon Dormsxoxoxoutfit ;; Battle Ready
                                          User Image

• spaceTheir trip to the infirmary was... an interesting one. At first, Sage did indeed feel the effects of Mauve's semblance and they had to re-calibrate a few times to get it right. It wasn't necessarily an odd feeling. After all, Sage was generally a calm person as it was, but it was still foreign. There was a different weight to it than what his semblance controlled. Though, the calming wave did make him a bit more sluggish. Noir took off ahead of them to clear a path through the students meandering from the amphitheater. He was thankful Mauve and Noir knew the way to the infirmary; Sage didn't. Admittedly, he was unfamiliar with Beacon's campus and hadn't taken the time to do so. He felt a little ashamed in that memorizing the campus should have been his first objective. At least he could rely on his team already, there was that. The newly announced MNCS arrived and a doctor was able to help Crimson with whatever the girl needed, thankfully. Sage waited patiently with his other teammates until they were given the okay to leave. By that time, Crimson may have been able to use her semblance again, but if she needed it, her teammates would help her back to their assigned dorm.

spaceAfter their visit to the infirmary, which was busier than Sage anticipated, Team MNCS was able to find and occupy their dorm room. Once again, he decided this wasn't an appropriate time to bring up Crimson's lineage. She was still recovering, and if he came across as accusatory, he expected her fiery nature to flare. He'd rather save it for another time. They all deserved rest from heavy thoughts. As his teammates entered the room before him, Sage peered over their heads and lingered in the doorway for a moment, "These are little bigger than the ones at Atlas," he mused to himself. He'd wait for his teammates to choose their beds before choosing his, but he did notice their belongings were already in the room. It looked like there was too little luggage, but then he recalled Crimson's arrival and her shouting about her lost baggage. He turned his head to the girl, wherever she was in the room, "If you need a change of clothes, you're welcome to mine. Though Mauve's might fit a little better." He offered as he picked up his bags, setting them down on one of the beds. He wanted to get started with unpacking before settling in. Cleanliness is next to Godliness, as the line goes.

xxxxxxxxx↷↷ i e - even if it makes me blind, i just wanna see the L I G H T
                                      unlimited blades

Johto Crisp

TheGrandOldMan

ooc : thanks for the patience<3 i hope this is alright, and i'm sorry its kinda short~~

thirtyspacechickens-go

Dapper Gawker

10,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Peoplewatcher 100

konaustin

Wheezing Smoker

3,575 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:48 pm

thirtyspacechickens-go
[]

Zylvanness

Rengato
]

User Image

==== ====
╔══════════════╗
Oº°‘¨ Ivory Sanguine¨‘°ºO
╚══════════════╝

▆ ▆

"I...can't help you if you're not going to talk"
An annoyed voice snapped before a door slammed in the dorms with enough force to shake the hall slightly, and blow back the bright pink hair of the person standing in front of it. Said person was a young lady, no older than 16 or 17, clad in clothing you wouldn't expect a student to be wearing. Far from being a neatly pressed uniform or the customized outfit of a hunter, the girl wore what could best be described as saturday morning clothes. Casual and relaxed enough to laze around the house in, but also presentable enough to be seen in public.
The girl sighed and hung her head, this was the 12th time she'd had a door closed on her and she couldn't comprehend why. She had someone transcribe her words onto paper and was attempting to get her point across, but nobody around seemed to either comprehend her, or keen on giving her a helping hand acclimating to her new academy life. With a huff she leaned down and picked up a pair of bags that bulged with their contents, almost looking like they threatened to tear open at the slightest nick, and waddled down the hallway with the apparently heavy cargo, knocking on doors and presenting her paper to anyone who bothered to answer.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes"...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:09 pm
User Image
Team ECHO
ʂvalrvænn Hildrhárr
~The Valkyrie~

Thou seek the light with an outstretched hand
A divine blade lies before you,
So command the wake of dreams
To restore the world, cut ‘way the seams

A cold wind exhales, from the mountain half
And wind blows through hollow dells
Skies clear as day, shall soon turn to grey
And you’ll know, Hildrharr is here.

Hildr sat comfortably on her bed, bringing her legs closer to cross them as she put her hands on her knees. Her hair, still damp (but not dripping) clung to the back of her neck, she sort of enjoyed it, it made her feel fresh. It was also a bad habit of hers not to dry her hair properly. Attention soon moved to Elliot's framed picture, and Hildr couldn't help but take a glance from her bed. It was a happy picture, she could see that now. One of the people with him was obviously Glynda Goodwitch, it was difficult for Hildr to imagine her in such a context after today's ceremony. There were two others as well, but it mostly focused on the dark haired lady ruffling Elliot's hair. He looked a bit younger in this, too. This was some time ago... Hildr couldn't help it, but by now some pennies were dropping. Something Hildr often hated about herself was how deeply she read things, it made her very aware of the people around her, made her care for them too much. It made living with her semblance that much harder.

So, he was eight years old. So young... Hildr thought to herself, giving off a subtle smile as he explained the context. He quickly began to move on to always wanting to be a Huntsman, and how his family had always been Huntsmen and Huntresses. That was when Opal placed her own photo besides his, causing for a brief moment of silence. But Elliot replied after some contemplation, agreeing with her. Hildr had been so focused on watching their conversation unfold that she hadn't actually noticed them turn to her immediately. But after the smallest moment of silence Hildr suddenly spoke. "Oh! Well..." she pushed herself up from her bed, hand reaching into one of her bags. She was still rummaging around when Elliot asked about her always being armoured up, and she let out a small exhale, as if to cheaply laugh. "Most of the time, actually" she smiled, finally pulling out not one photo, but two. The first was framed in silver. She turned to face them again, holding the framed photo in her hands, "we Hildrharr's are often called in on emergencies to help the Atlesian Army, so it's faster than changing." She let out a little laugh before slowly stepping over and looking from Opal to Elliot, unsure of whether or not to add her photo, but in the end she finally decided that... yes, she would like to. As she placed the photo next to Opal's, a formal picture of herself and her mother and father before a dark blue blurry wall was revealed. She was young and smiling wildly, her father was attempting to act as proper as he could whilst she sat on his lap, obviously barely staying still enough. Her mother beside them had her hand on Hildr's father's shoulder, and was adoringly looking down at Hildr. Hildr then looked down at the smaller, frame-less photo in her hand. This one was much older. Hildr couldn't help but let out a smile as she looked down at it, brushing the old lady's face with her thumb. "This one... i'll keep with me" she then sat down carefully beside Opal, hoping that her new teammate wouldn't mind. But here, Elliot and Opal could both see the picture. This lady was perhaps in her fifties, and had similar armour, albeit more basic than Hildr's. She had long grey hair in a thick braid, and in her hair was two wings. "Her name was Fóstra Hildrharr, she fought in the Great War, and she's the reason my family grew so close to Ironwood now. I never met her, but I've read all the journal's that she left behind. She grew old enough to watch the Academies grow, but she was never fit enough or young enough to join them. Her favourite, of all of them, was Beacon. I'm still not sure why, but that's why I'm here. I want to save people - I want to continue her legacy and become a Valkyrie, but not for the Army, not for Atlas. For everyone."

Hildr had deliberately left out some vital parts of information, like how her semblance was hereditary for the women in her family, and why that was what made them important more than anything else. And deeper than that, she knew there was another reason why she wanted to come to Beacon. And that was because... she didn't want to fail - ever again. She'd rather die than fail. Her semblance wasn't a secret, however it wasn't really common knowledge outside of Atlas. The Hildrharr Valkyries were just a tiny fraction of the Atlesian Army, and more than anything were simply a lucky addition to any mission. Hildr just chose to not bring it up. She was too modest, and never liked to speak about herself too much, even if she was quite confident in her own abilities.

Clearing your path is an open hand
Your pain and fear melt away
Close stands the shield-maiden, and in time, you will know
You’ve been saved by the Valkyrie, Hildrharr

Join in our prayer, in our song of birthrights and love
Come the sun, illuminate the sky
Pray that we may quell the dark - Light take the throne
Lost in thoughts all alone

rengato

thirtyspacechickens-go

Weeamoo

Zylvanness

Deathly Prophet

7,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

fireshadow0908

Generous Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:45 pm

Weeamoo

Moonlite Runner

Dr_OrpheusTelos

Sigmund Rohan
2nd Year Beacon Student

User Image

The day had been a productive one so far in Sigmund's mind. He had arrived at Beacon within a decent time, managed to unpack his stuff, got some food, met up with one of his teammates, attended the team naming ceremony, and helped Stella put of those flyers. Her little tutoring was well put out for the campus to see, and in fact there were some students that were already looking into them from what he had seen. They mostly looked like first years that were curious, but there were some familiar faces from his age group. His own thoughts were interrupted upon hearing Stella's question causing a small smirk followed by a light chuckle. "If you want to get rest then go right ahead. You've been fighting off the drowsiness anyways I bet." It wouldn't be a big surprised if she indeed was doing such a thing. It was something he just got used to within the year he'd be apart of her team. Sigmund walked over to where he slept before sitting down on it. The boy took off his shoes to get more comfortable. "No problem, and there's no need to give me a cut of the money. I saved up quite a bit by helping around at my father's place when I'm on break. I was also going over ideas with my mother about her business." The brunette shrugged not really wanting to take a cut of Stella's money. He volunteered in his mind after all.

Red eyes scanned the room to look around a bit. They managed to make enough room for all four of them, while still have space to move about. It would always be a mystery to the boy as to why the rooms would be so cramped, but then again they could be purposely made like that for all he knew. Regardless, his thoughts were on the other two members of their team. "Have you heard anything from Rainer or Tala? I thought we would have heard something from them by the time of the naming ceremony, or while we were about. Do you think we should go hunt for them?" Sigmund titled his head in curiosity questioning the purple haired girl that was looking up at the ceiling.

♚Life has a way of testing a persons will, either by having nothing happen at all or everything happen at once.

»Out Of Character: Sorry for the wait >_< been battling with my internet connection since yesterday sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:35 pm
User Image

Noir Alcott

Noir start walked behind sage as they waked into their dorm room thinking of what happened earlier in the infirmary. Thinking back, he was thankful that the pup helped lead him to the infirmary for lucky's sniffer smelled the narcotics as they were called in the room. He felt worried for his teammates due to one is getting treated and the other two sat patiently to make sure our leader gets out ok. Just thinking afterwords on how busy the room got after they left must be how classes are like everyday and how he has to be careful more then ever due to if he doesn't, it will reveal he is a grimm human with no aura and that will be bad for himself, his team and his father.

When he entered the room, he saw four beds and each one had dressers next to them. He got excited and took one of the bed close to the window and looked at sage with a nod in agreement, "Yeah, these are even larger then my bed back at home." He got his bag out and started to unpack with his little friend (sort of) helping him. The pup went and tossed and turned into his clothes and ended up tossing them upward all over his bed with a sock over its head panting. He couldn't help but smile at this and then grabbed one of his piece of armor and turned it into a temporary bowl. He then went into the bathroom for a moment and filled it up with water for the small guy and it began to drink. He looked at the others and said with a smile with a thumbs up, "I made it to be waterproof, made it easier to get the black gunk off when killing the bad grimm." He then used a few of his shirt and the suitcase as a makeshift bed for the pup as the pup went right into it and walked circles in it for a bit until it lay down into a ball to go to sleep. Noir couldn't help but chuckle at it as he continued to put his clothes away except his sleeping clothes and bathing items.

thirtyspacechickens-go

TheGrandOldMan

Johto Crisp

unlimited blades

5,475 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

TheGrandOldMan

Aged Informer

3,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:25 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

CRIMSON ARMATO
-Student-
--Beacon Academy--
~The Heiress to Nihility and Hyperbole~

Crimson, wasn't the best patient. To say the least. But, with her strain being as bad as it was, and her pulled muscles and sprained and swollen ankle, she had no choice, it wasn't something she could shake off, and her semblance was too used and tired to rely on for the rest of the day. However, modern science and medical was in leaps and bounds. Able to put a little weight on her ankle again as it would be mostly healed by the next morning, and her shoulders given a shot, and a muscle rub that she'd have to apply before bed and in the morning, she would be back in action by sun of next day. Although would still experience some minor cramping and soreness.

However, the walk back was quiet and solemn from her as she looked down the whole time until they got to the room. Walking in behind Sage and then Noir and looking about with a bit of surprise and wide eyes. Before grunting, stomping a foot down, her good foot, and snorting, "What is this bullsh-..." Looking to Sage as she was about to blow up over having only one bag, which basically held additional pieces to her armour which was set nicely aside the one bag while she was in the infirmary. Her one set of clothes. Aside from her uniform.

She looked to Sage for a few moments before the others and turning red, her fists tight at her sides. "F-fine, if need be!... but I don't want to, only if I need to, cause, I'm, not that small...... and I'm putting up a curtain!... so you don't the three of you spy on me..." She scolded pointing at the three and even the pup before walking over to the third bed in the corner, setting her one bag of luggage and then collecting all the various armour plates and parts and setting them atop the bed nicely before sitting on the foot of it herself looking to her ankle. "Why would they put me with three boys is beyond stupid..."

-DATA-

Health: ██████████
Aura: ██████████
Semblance: On || Off || Cooldown

Vast Majesty: Sword
Remaining Dust:
-- OOOOOOOOOO --
Dust Slots X10:
-Fire

-QUOTES-
Quote:

unlimited blades

thirtyspacechickens-go

Johto Crisp

Quote:

Quote:

OOC: No no it's all good. I figured it'd be easy to sum it up anyways and was hoping to do so.

Beacon Academy

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff