Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:03 pm
[Setting up this RP between Suria and Nedrima, where the two youngest firenadoes bond]

Nilah44

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:14 pm
nilah44

So many siblings. Suria knew she was nearly the youngest but to have so many siblings was such a chore. Some of her playmates were only children, and when she saw them be coddled and spoiled she felt a bit bitter she had some hand me downs from Nasuri. They were pretty, but she wanted new bright jewels like her mother had. They were well off. But frugle. Her mother was a business woman after all.

Today she was with her younger sister, the only one with light skin in the family. Sure, Suria felt overwhelmed with her siblings but she adored her little sister, the closest in age and one she loved to play with. To have time with her was a true joy and Suria was excited for some play.

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:19 pm
Nedrima knew she was the odd one out of her five siblings but she didn't let it bother her too much. Each of her siblings had their quirks and things after all, so did Nedrima. She was just glad that she could get along with them most of the time. At least with Suria who was closest in age they tended to get along quite well.

She skipped up to her waiting sister and slipped her hand into Suria's. "What's the plan for today Suria?" She couldn't help but ask what her sister had in mind to occupy their time today.

Elyessi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:24 pm
nilah44

"Nedrimaaaa..." Suria sang as she felt her sister's hand in her own. She sent a bring smile toward the lighter skinned girl and swung their arm a bit with a giggle. They looked so different but got along well enough, playful and bubbly as any young girl should be.

If their parents hadnt learned from the first set, odds were they would have gotten in trouble like their elder siblings if given the chance.

"Let's go out to the pool!"

The small shallow pool in their yard was for cooling off and their fathers familiars but it was perfect for young girls to wade and play.

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:32 pm
A smile lit up her face as Suria sang her name. Smiles were almost guaranteed when these two were together. When the pool was suggested, Nedrima nodded her head enthusiastically. Playing around in the water on hot Oban days was a perfect way to pass their time. "Okay!" She said happily.

Their arms swung and Nedri giggled as they made their way. "So what do you think the others are doing today?" Always full of questions she was. She might have looked up to her elder siblings if she got to spend more time with them, but baby sitting likely wasn't on their to-do list which was fine. Nedri was just as happy to spend her time with Suria!

Elyessi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:59 pm
nilah44

Suria couldn't imagine how her lighter skinned sister took to the sun. Her fair skinned mother also avoided the burns that many foreign visitors complained about. They always would whisper about the dark skin of the locals being the perfect deterrent for sun burn. Suria didn't understand how the sun could burn but she did notice how pink her sisters cheeks got compared to her. It was pretty.

"Eh probably training. Daddy says they are almost ready to actually have weapons..."

When they arrived poolside the girl gently touched her foot in the surface of the water, before pulling up her simpleyes gown and wading right in. For being out in the sun, the water was really refreshing.

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:36 am
Nedrima waited as Suria waded into the pool first. As her sister did, she dipped her toe in first to test the temperature of the water. Finding it satisfactory as well, she waded it, perhaps a little more eagerly than her sister. The cool water felt good on her skin as she splashed some on her face and got her short hair wet. The good thing about having shorter hair than her sisters was it didn't take as much time to make sure it looked good!

Oh their older siblings were old enough to actually get weapons and learn how to use them? How cool! "I'm sure they're excited about that! That sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Do you think any of them are going to be dancers like Mommy?" It was something Nedri often wondered about. What she would do when she was old enough to choose a path. She wasn't sure that she would want to be a dancer like her Mom, to be able to go out in front of so many people and perform was daunting to her.

Elyessi
<3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:39 am
nilah44

The elder of the two sisters stepped back to avoid the splash, not liking when her thick hair got wet. It always knotted up which meant she had to sit through long brushing sessions. As she watched Nedrima she ran her fingers through the ponytail and just watched for a moment.

"I dunno...they seem to light fighting and magic...Daddy doesn't do magic...but they like it."

Indeed she caught a few of them playing with the idea of spells, and saw Aeuri's books. He especially was studying the idea of magic. Personally she wasn't interested in dancing much...beside the sword dancers and the small knIves. That was interesting to the young girl.

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:51 pm
Noticing Suria's recoil at her splashing, she remembered to relax a little bit and not splash so much. Even though her hair maintenance was easy didn't mean it was for everyone! Nedrima submerged herself to her neck and relished the cool water on her shoulders. Being in the water sometimes made it easier for her skin to burn so she would have to be a little more careful today, especially since the sun seemed a little hotter today.

"Magic...I guess that's what Aeuri is trying to learn from those books? I bet it's hard to learn something without some one to teach it to you." She thought for a few seconds. "Do you know what you want to learn yet Suria?" She was just so full of questions. "I don't think I could be a dancer like Mommy, dancing in front of crowds. Or a tamer like Daddy. Some of the beasts he's seen sound scary and dangerous." It seemed both of her parents' paths wouldn't quite be the one for her so she'd have to forge her own!

Elyessi
<3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:11 am
nilah44

What did she want to learn? That was such a big question for such a young girl. She liked what her mother did, but it quickly grew boring. She knew she was a pretty girl, bright eyed in a world of red. That was a given that she'd be pretty like her mother and aunt...but she didn't need to dance to show that off.

And the beasts, while fun, were too much work. Her father and siblings were always busy cleaning and feeding. It was nice to know they were protected but really not something she wanted to follow. In terms of magic...she favored the idea for a bit but didn't seem as skilled as her brother and quickly grew disinterested.

Suria shrugged, "I dunno...what about you?"

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:41 pm
Nedrima blew some bubbles in the water with her mouth, not in Suria's direction of course, as the other girl seemed to think about the question asked of her. And when Suria turned the question around upon her, it made her have to think more about it too.

"Bows are kinda neat..." Who knew if she'd have any aptitude for it but it was something that would let her stay back and let others explore before her, and then she could have their backs! She'd probably do terribly at that...and hopefully she wouldn't ever hit any of her allies...that was probably always a risk in any kind of battle though. "I think I would want to just try lots of different things! That way I could know what I was good at." She smiled at her sister. Sure it would take time, but that would make the most logical sense, right?

Elyessi
<3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:01 am
nilah44

"A bow?" Well that was something no one in her family seemed interested in, so she wasn't sure where her younger sister got it from. Maybe one of the other kids in the neighborhood was playing with it? They loved to cause trouble with toy weapons, afterall.

"Yeah, I want to try them all...but I know I don't want to be like Daddy or part of the army..."

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:19 am
"At least Oba isn't in a war or anything now so being in the army wouldn't be nearly as scary as when maybe Mommy or Daddy were growing up." Nedrima fiddled around in the water while thinking about the bow as a weapon.

"With a bow you don't have to be on the front line so I wouldn't be in immediate danger. Plus, bow wielders look pretty neat. But I don't know. I wanna try it first!" She agreed with Suria though on not wanting to be a beast tamer or in the army, that they both could agree on.

Elyessi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:06 pm
nilah44

The war. She heard others talk in hushed tones about the wars, about their concern, and about how her mother was heavy with child when there was fear of a new war with the outsiders. A new island, with flying machines. Suria didn't see the sense of fear, she wanted to see these machines that flew without Kinfa.

"It's too much work, and too strict. I don't like their uniforms either." She said matter of factly, scrunching her nose and padding away from the water to sit on the edge. Gently, she swung her toes so they splashed lightly, watching the ripples.

"Go bother the neighbors, they have a bow you can play with..."

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:12 pm
Nedrima laid out in the water and floated along for a bit. It made Suria's voice kind of muffled when the water went into her ears but she was still able to hear her sister as she spoke.

"I suppose you're right....I know I wouldn't like that either!" Nope to strict-ness and uniforms. That wasn't the right way for her at all.

"Maayyybeee." She said as she thought about it. She wouldn't want to bother anyone. "I still have awhile before I'm sure Mom and Dad will let me play with weapons anyway. And maybe they'll let me go find someone to teach me. People do that all the time right?" She stood and shook the water from her ears, careful to try and not fling water onto her sibling.

Elyessi

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces