Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:58 am
Orpheus Solon

She hadn't felt right for some weeks, sick even, so she'd finally caved and went to see a healer. Phaedra figured she needed something to help her get over whatever it was that was making her ill. Only, the news she had gotten there had been nothing what she had expected.

So now she was once more in the kitchen, this time making something simple for herself so that she had something easy for her stomach. The leafling wasn't so sure how she was going to tell Bushi. He hadn't been exactly all for the idea of kids. What if she ruined their relationship by not being more careful? It worried her. Phae placed a hand over her belly and looked down. Even though she was concerned that Bushi might not be happy she couldn't help but feel some joy. How strange life was to give her what she wanted when she least expected it. Then again, wasn't that how just about everything in life went?

With her food done she slowly ate a few bites so she could test the taste and make sure that the little one growing inside her didn't reject it. Once she found out it was safe enough to eat a bit more she did. All the while trying to think of a way to tell Bushi the news.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:28 am
Heras Box

Bushi gave into the house, whistling as he went, a rather pleased look on his face. He'd headed to the small market area that was located in Awat and much to his delight a traveling merchant that he knew had stopped by. They had much to talk about and a lot trade as well, with his friend having actually been daring enough to go to Matori! To think that the place might actually be opening up to the Obans even if just a little bit. He was told that trade could be tough with some and that sometimes one had to be open to getting poor deals, but there were those willing to trade fairly. One just had to find them.

He gotten several things for Phaedra as well and upon catching the scent of food cooking in the kitchen he headed that way, "Hey there, Sprite. Feeling any better?" He asked, walking over to her with his hands hidden behind back, an excited look on his face before he brought them out, presenting her with two gifts.

"Alright! So a friend of mine was in the marketplace today and had some great stuff to share! First off this one is pretty simple, but something I hope you will like, it's Matorian Salt! I hear that their salt is really something special." He said to her, then motioning with the other hand he said, "This is some really sweet honey. I hear that if you mix it with tea that it can help when one isn't feeling good. I figured since we have tea you should try it out... then maybe use the rest for cooking if you'd like?" Whatever made her happy when it came to the two gifts.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:45 am
Orpheus Solon

She was mid bite when she heard Bushi come into the kitchen. Phaedra still hadn't figured out how she was going to tell him so when he presented her with two gifts she sucked in her bottom lip and stared at them. Both were such good gifts! The salt would add flavor and if it was as good as others said it was she wouldn't need a lot. The honey was a sweet gesture. Especially since it seemed that he had gotten it to help her feel better.

After a moment she swallowed her food and looked at Bushi with a slightly worried expression. "Uhm.. Bear.. I won't be feeling better for a while." Phae was doing her best to sort of beat around the bush. All the worries that he would be upset with her kept her from saying it outright. "Like.. a few months kind of while." She cleared her throat and looked at the food rather than him. Phaedra wasn't sure if she wanted him to figure it out or if she wanted to actually say the words so for the time being she simply fell quiet and gnawed on the inside of her cheek.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:26 pm
Heras Box

Bushi blinked a couple times as she said that she wouldn't be better 'for a while' which were words that were worrisome to him. They only got worse as she then gave a time estimate which was 'a few months' and to Bushi that sort of time line wouldn't fly. Why was the healer giving her such a dire diagnosis and then just sending her home? If it was so bad then they should be doing something about it. Meaning that there was much that needed to be done.

"I see... that just means that we will need to bring you to Sulburi to meet with another doctor, one that will be able to do more then just tell you that you're going to be ill for months." He wouldn't allow that to happen. He wanted to take care of her after all, "You sit and rest, Phaedra, and I will see about getting things ready so that we can go to Sulburi. Since you're not feeling well then you should ride on Aatos." He would need to get some money from his stash, pack a couple of bags, and prepare Aatos and Profit for the trip into Sulburi.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:36 pm
Orpheus Solon

Go to.. Phaedra closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Alright, so being vague wasn't going to help in this situation. So she shook her head. "Bushi." She said his name rather than the pet name that she adored for him.

After she opened her eyes she looked at him and chewed on her bottom lip before deciding that it was best to simply say it. "Another doctor will say the same thing because.. I'm pregnant." Well there it was. Out in the open. Phaedra just hoped that it didn't push him away from her. She had thought that she was being careful. Somewhere she must have miscalculated something. "I can pack my things and go back to Sulburi if you want me to." The leafling stood as still as she could but she was so nervous. Would he yell at her? Be mad that she hadn't been more careful? Would he panic? Was there even a chance that he would be happy about the news? If she had to go on their one time conversation about kids.. well, it wasn't likely.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Heras Box

Bushi nearly tripped over his own feet on his way toward the door as Phaedra explained to him exactly what it was that caused her to be ill. He turned slowly, starring at her, "Ahh... huh? Pregnant?" He turned around, seeming as though he was trying to wrap his mind around the word and all of the implications that went along with it. She was... pregnant. Not something that had been planned in the least bit, with the two of them talking about it once but with Bushi being hesitant at best, but it seemed that the Goddesses Hatald and Essd had differing opinions from his own and wanted to see the little ones come into the world.

He opened his mouth, seemed to struggle with his words, before closing it again. This was a surprise but he didn't think that it was a bad one, right? A baby... a baby... she was going to have a baby, his baby... his mind was currently running in circles, chasing its tail, before she was suddenly talking about packing her things before heading to Sulburi. Wait, what? Alone?

Giving a rapid shake of his head he said, "I need a moment to think." He murmured, trying to wrap his mind around this. After a moment he said, "Alright, you should definitely be resting! We will figure out another way to get food and you can just sit down, rest up, and no stress yourself out until the birth. As for Sulburi... if it's pregnancy then surely the local doctor will be fine. I just suggested another thinking it was... well... a different sort of sick."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:23 pm
Orpheus Solon

She looked to the side feeling a bit awkward now. Phaedra turned to her food and picked up another bit so that she could eat a little bit more. That and it gave her something to do with her hands.

Out of the corner of her eyes she noticed him open his mouth and then shut it. While his mind worked she did her est to eat what was left but found that her nerves were making her stomach uneasy. It was like the little one in there could tell what she was feeling. Phaedra cleared her throat and looked around before she gave a small whistle. "Profit." If she wasn't going to eat it then she could at least give it to the kinfa.

Then Bushi said that he needed a moment to think. The brunette took that to mean that he was slowly getting to that point and she started to head toward the hall that would take her to her room. However, before she got four steps he was telling her that she should be resting and that they could get food another way and all kinds of other things. Phae tilted her head slightly. "Wha.. Uhm, I'm confused. Why would you need another way to get food?" She blinked a few times.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:43 am
Heras Box

At the sound of her name the bright blue bird looked into the room, wings flapping, before she trotted over to get the food that she was being offered. The moment that it was given over to her she was chirping up a storm, seemingly praising the food that Phaedra was sharing with her.

Bushi looked at Phaedra at her question and he said, "Well, you know, because you're pregnant? Don't you need to just rest and take care of yourself instead of worrying about feeding everyone? It would be rather selfish of me to ask you to continue when you're in a delicate condition!" He knew very little about pregnant women save for the fact that they were 'delicate', that they had 'mood swings', and that they wanted to eat all sorts of strange food. Other then that he was going to have to figure things out as he went making him wish there some sort of book that he could read about what was going on. A book of such information for people who were out of their depth like Bushi was would help.

Hurrying forward he reached out, taking both of her hands in his, holding them tightly in his, "You needed worry, Phaedra! I know... I know what I said... but that doesn't mean that I am going to deny you or our baby! I will take care of both of you, will keep you safe, will do whatever it is that is needed!" He didn't want her thinking that he was going to send her away or send his child away. It wasn't a situation that he'd thought about a lot, certain that he would fail at such things... but now that he met with such a situation he knew he had to stand tall and face this like a man.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:49 am
Orpheus Solon

Her green eyes flickered toward Profit and a smile touched her lips and when Bushi explained what he meant she looked back at him. Phaedra chuckled at him then and shook her head slightly. "Bear, I can still cook." It didn't require much after all. Still it was kinda cute that he thought she was so delicate that she couldn't even cook. When he came forward and took her hands she tilted her head at him.

As he spoke more she could help but smile at him with affection in her eyes. "Bear.. the only thing we need is you." Phae reached up and touched his cheek. "The baby will want their dad." Even though Bushi was being adorable she did feel bad that she essentially had just changed his life. "I don't suppose your friend sells baby things?" A cringe was made since she wasn't sure if he was ready to think about all the things a little one would need.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:48 pm
Heras Box

"You can, but you shouldn't! You shouldn't have to cook for everyone since that just feels as though I am just being selfish asking such a thing of you. I am sure we can figure out another way to get everyone fed that doesn't involve you being on your feet too much." He told her. Wait, wasn't she on her feet now? His mind wrapped around that even as she spoke, telling him that the only thing they needed was Bushi. That didn't sound right though, not to him. There were a lot of things that an expecting mother and a baby were going to need. First and foremost being that rest he was thinking about.

That line of thought caused his eyes to go for a moment manner before he stepped forward, scooping her up into his arms, "You should be resting now! Especially since you haven't been feeling well." He walked out of the kitchen, going instead to a sitting room, easing her down on the couch, "I can ask him what he has, I will also check to see what I might have on hand as well."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:54 pm
Orpheus Solon

"Selfish? Bear, I like to cook." If he was worried about her being on her feet then she could sit on a stool as she cooked meals. Phaedra was about to say as much when he came forward and picked her up. The action was met with a squeak and she looked at Bushi with a blank stare. "Bear.. really? My legs work just fine. The healer said nothing about them being broken." Of course she had to laugh after she said it and was place on the couch.

"It's alright, I can go to the market later and look for some things." In her mind it was a simple task. She could walk out there look around and then come back. Though she was sure that some things she would need a bigger market for. So a trip to Sulburi would need to be made. Soon. Phae had a feeling that when she really started to show Bushi wasn't going to let her do anything.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:04 pm
Heras Box

Bushi sat down on the couch next to her and said, "I know you aren't broken but you also haven't been feeling well. Since you aren't well you should rest! At least until you're feeling less ill. Ah! Speaking of which, did you want that tea and honey? I could make that for you." Brewing some tea wasn't complicated and thus within his realm of knowledge. If she wanted tea and honey then he would definitely get it for her.

"Huh? Oh... well, maybe... It depends on how you're feeling. I will go with you though so that nobody tries to give you a bad deal on something so important as stuff for our child." He said, not about to let Phaedra get scammed. While he didn't think that those of Awat would be do as much as those of Sulburi might he still wouldn't chance it.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:18 pm
Orpheus Solon

She looked at him as he sat next to her then scooted over so that she was practically sitting on him. Phaedra leaned against Bushi then rested her head against his shoulder. "Mm, tea would be nice but it can wait. For now I want to cuddle my Bear." It was a comfort to know that he wasn't angry with her. Even more so that he seemed worried about her well being. He was just so adorable!

His "maybe" about going to the market made her look up at him. Phaedra could understand his reasoning but she did think he was being a bit over protective already. "What are you going to do when my belly is big?" If he even thought that he was going to carry her everywhere she was going to have to escape now. Phae giggled. "Or when the baby is born." If he thought she was delicate then he would think the baby was porcelain.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:55 pm
Heras Box

Bushi looked at Phaedra as she leaned against him before he wrapped an arm around her, hugging her closer as she said that she just wanted to cuddle him. As he sat there he found himself starring at her and mind started to race. Phaedra was pregnant with his child. It was something that he hadn't ever considered before meeting her. The idea of having a child had always worried him because he didn't want to fail as a father. He now had that choice taken out of his hands and while he was terrified he wasn't angry. In fact behind all of his fear and fretting though he was also... excited. There was that part of him that wanted to get to work.

He knew there wasn't a lot of time for gathering everything that would be needed for a pregnant woman and a child but he wanted to do exactly that. At the same time he had no idea what those needed things would be. He would need to talk with some of the female merchants of Awat, those that he knew had children of their own. They would know everything that was needed and might even have it to sell or trade to him.

"Eh?" He blinked a couple times as she asked him what he was going to do when her belly was big. What to do then...? He thought on it for a moment before he finally said, "I will ask that you ride around on Aatos's back any time you want to go somewhere? After the baby is born we can get a nice carrier for the baby so that Aatos can carry both of you so you can rest and heal up if you're wanting to go somewhere." He wanted to do whatever was needed so that Phaedra and the baby would be able to remain safe and comfortable. Aatos was a big, strong beast so he could easily carry the two of them as well as all of the goods that he normally carried. As such if they were going to go on a trip everything should be fine. Not that he really wanted to go all that far from Awat while she was carrying, feeling she would be safest here.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:40 am
Orpheus Solon

She gave another laugh as he answered her questions about what he was going to do when she was larger in the belly. "I don't think Aatos will fit in the house." Phaedra found his fretting cute but she also wanted him to see that she would be able to do things despite being with child.

She leaned up and placed a kiss to his fuzzy cheek. "Don't worry so much Bear. I will be fine." The leafling nodded her head and went back to resting against him. She did wonder what they were going to have, a boy or a girl? Then for that matter what they would name them. Of course they had months to think about it but there was just something about knowing that made every mother feel at ease. "We should go to Sulburi before I'm too big to walk." Her head moved so that she could look at him. "I want to see about finding my friends to let them know so they don't worry as well." It was bad enough she had up and "disappeared" on them already. "Plus we should be able to find some baby things there." If there were things that they couldn't get in Awat then the city was the best place to look.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff