Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[prp] babins in the nest (thorne/chris/juniper)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

moonjavas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:43 pm
stranger things prompt
Everything was going fine until A weirdly talkative bird went and revealed their ability to telekinetically write messages on toast.

Thorne was eating toast, carrying a cat, and staring at Chris.

Actually, Thorne was eating toast, carrying a cat, and staring at the bird that had just flown straight into Chris's hair. It was one of those events that were freakish in nature, and while not commonplace at all, by comparison of the rest of Ashdown's creepy a** s**t, was not really jaw-dropping.

Rather, Thorne had to pause, because he was pretty sure that the bird had just screamed help at them. Or maybe it was just making a lot of noise.

"Um," He said, articulately, and tried to hold Millie closer (what was he even doing with Millie? Oh, that's right, he was retrieving her from accidentally escaping the wardrobe and down the street, and that's why they had toast - breakfast was still on the counter of Coalsmoke), even as she went for the bird stuck on Chris's head.

"Chris," he said, as though testing the waters, "I don't mean to alarm you, but you have a bird on your - "

Thorne did not finish this sentence for lack of trying.

Thorne did not finish this sentence because as soon as his mouth opened around the word 'head', he ran face-first into Juniper, and everything went to hell.

Kolinaaaa
I've officially given up on good starts

PeanutBuyuuutterPies
there's a birb in ur hair chris

916 (211+236+151+149+169)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:11 pm
The morning had actually started off well. She woke up with plenty of time to prepare for work as opposed to her usual early morning shifts where she tended to run around like a lunatic trying to get ready, while also not killing herself in the cramped apartment and the clutter that was quickly forming. One of these days she’d find the time or motivation to clean, but it wasn’t that day. Nope. Instead, she she opted to head out early and walk to work for a change. It wouldn’t be much longer before the cold weather settled in so taking advantage of the mild autumn days was a necessity to her.

With a slouchy, knit hat on her head, a fashion scar over a plain black V-neck tee, denim jacket, pleather maroon skirt, and tall black boots, Juniper looked and felt like she was ready to take on the world. She felt fashionable, on top of her game, and was dead determined not to let her new manager drag her down today. Nope. She was going to be remain happy and content, get through work, then go play some violin at a local coffee shop. It wasn’t a paid gig, but it would pay in soothing her soul.

Adjusting her purse on her shoulder, Juniper walked with long strides down the sidewalk. The colors of the trees that scattered the town distracted her as she looked up at the leaves. It wouldn’t be long before things began to turn brown and drop away, leaving things barren. Now though it was beautiful and simply…BAM!

She ran right into the man’s chest and stumbled, nearly falling backwards, but catching herself. If she had worn heels things would have had a more disasterous turnout for her. As it was, she hadn’t even dropped her purse, just let it slip from her shoulder to the crook of her arm. “Jesus watch where you’re…” Blue eyes finally focused in on the person she had run full force into. “Thorne?” The cat in his arms didn’t even register to her considering she tended to carry Star around.

Nope.

What caught her attention was Chris. “Why the hell is there a bird in your hair, right chris?”

The animal began creating quite the ruckus as it squaked while perched in the blonde mess of hair. “Jesus, he’s loud.”

wc: 392

elkbones
Pffft it was fine!

PeanutButterpies
Birdy bird nest!

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:05 pm
Chris was trying his best this morning, really, he was, but it seemed like the universe was absolutely trying to ******** him over. First, Thorne had stolen his toast (like he was bound to do, which Chris should have been used to but damn it he was hungry and he liked his toast a very certain way and so Thorne stealing it mean he had to make more). Then Millie had escaped from Coalsmoke, which was a pain and meant that they had to also make sure Bergie wouldn't escape because he would unleash hell on poor Ashdown if he was let to his own devices which while Chris was tempted to let happen, he knew that it was just better to keep the cats together.

And now, even though they had managed to get Millie from escaping too far down the street and he had made some extra toast (that was sitting on the counter of Coalsmoke and damn did Chris just want his ******** breakfast at the moment, Millie was the absolute worst), the universe had decided to gift him with a bird. In his hair. His messy, unstyled hair that Hyejin had compared to being a bird's nest more than once, hair that had eaten combs in his desperation smooth it out before he finally realized that he would just have to move to a brush.

This morning was absolutely wonderful.

Thorne's warning was unneeded as Chris was absolutely aware of the bird on his head, seeing as it was kicking up an abnormal amount of fuss (or maybe a normal amount - Chris wasn't too sure what he'd do if he was stuck in someone else's hair himself) and was generally impossible to ignore. He only generally recognized Thorne slamming into Juniper out of the corner of his eye, too worried about figuring out how to get a damn bird out of his hair.

"I'm not entirely sure," He muttered to her, hands awkwardly floating around his head as he tried to figure out what to do. He couldn't see the bird and he didn't want to hurt it, but he wanted it out of his hair. "Jesus, just calm down dude, I'm trying to get you out of my hair."

elkbones

Kolina

[wc: 375]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:55 am
"Sorry, Juniper," Thorne said once he recognized the girl, trying to hold her steady so he didn't make them both fall with one hand while cradling Millie with the other. The cat was staring up at the other girl, a long whiny meow in the base of her throat.

Thorne was not dressed much differently than Juniper, all things considered. A lumpy cardigan hung off one shoulder, a black beanie tucked over his ears. It was a miracle he'd gotten his feet into his boots, ancient hiking ones that had probably bore witness to the stone age.

Now he stood here looking like he'd run out of his closet in terror and was regretting it distinctly.

"How are you?" Thorne asked Juniper amiably. His eyes tracked to the bird. "Well, who knows. He might just be complaining about the absurdity of Chris's bedhead."

He paused and added, mischievously, "You do have absurd bedhead, you know."

He turned back to Juniper and held Millie out to her. "Do you mind for a second?" He asked, even as Millie grabbed onto her shoulder and climbed to wrap around Juniper like a tree.

To Chris, he said, "Here," and traded him the toast so that he had free use of both of his hands. Reaching up, he tried to fuss the bird out of Chris's hair as gently as he could. This was going to be a long morning.

PeanutButterPies

Kolina

moonjavas

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:32 am
“It’s alright.” She responded to Thorne with a wave of a hand, her eyes fixated on the little bird in Chris’s hair. What a curious thing to happen. How many people actually had bird fly into their hair and, from the looks of it, try to nest in it? “I am fine. Just on my way to work, but I’ve got some time to kill before my shift. I would ask how you two are doing, but it’s pretty obvious.” She chuckled good naturedly.

“Hm? What? Oh, no not at all.” It didn’t seem like she had much choice in the matter though as the feline clawed her way up onto her shoulders. Good thing she had her own cats fur already clinging to her outfit, otherwise she may have been upset to have her work clothes furred up by the cat. Hello, sweetie.” She gave the cat and scratch on her head after Millie made herself comfortable.

As Thorne handed off the toast to Chris and began to fumble with getting the bird dislodged from the mass of blonde hair, Juniper’s attention was pulled to the duo’s breakfast. She frowned a bit at it. “Did you two use a special toaster or something when you made your toast? You know the kind that puts words or pictures on it?” She was damn sure she had just read the word ‘mine’ on the toast.

That gave her a flashback to her time in Other Ashdown when she had been bombarded by a flock of talkative, rude seagulls. Was there something to this little bird and that time, or was it just something benign and she was reading into it too much.

wc:281

PeanutButterpies

elkbones

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:29 pm
If Thorne and Juniper looked fashionable, Chris looked incredibly disheveled. Outfitted in just a tank top, some very worn out but comfortable sweatpants, and some muddy boots, he probably looked like a crazy person. Combined with his bedhead and his grumpy look, it was clear he had just started his morning.

"You're not the first and probably won't be the last person to tell me this," Chris sighed, unable to even muster up the ability to shoot Thorne a glare. It was true and he knew it but man, he never thought he'd ever get a bird in his bed head. He'd try to keep this from Hyejin but he knew that in some way or another, she'd learn. She always did.

He took the toast easily, tilting his head downward slightly so Thorne could have easier access. "What do you mean?" He asked Juniper, confused. "Just a normal toaster, it's kinda nice since I can adjust it for the perfect sort of toast." He stared down at the food in his hands, looking normal on one side and flipped it and - oh.

"Ah," He said suddenly, understanding. "Thorne, you wanna look at the toast for me? Because I very distinctly do not remember having 'mine' written on our toast. Might as well though, since you steal it from me enough."

elkbones

Kolina

[wc: 219]

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

moonjavas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:08 pm
Thorne waved his hands at Lily and Chris, making the most innocent face he could muster at the question and the accusation. He had absolutely no idea why there would be writing on the toast - the toaster was the same as it had been two weeks ago, and he hadn't changed it since then. Why something was scrawled on it was completely beyond his understanding.

So he just shrugged, grinning guiltily - for what though, he really didn't know.

"I don't think so," he said to Juniper, and turned his eyes to Chris.

"Well it's not mine either," Thorne said, "And I promise I didn't write any strange messages on the toast. I think I would be far more creative if I had, don't you?" He paused and pointed up at the bird.

"Maybe it's his," he said pragmatically.

And then he took out his phone and snapchatted that s**t.

PeanutButterPies

Kolina

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:40 pm
Juniper couldn’t help but grin at Chris and Thornes banter. They were adorable. Hm. I wonder if their relationship has advanced at all. She thought to herself as she watched Thorne take the toast from Chris.

As Thorne began to snapchat their breakfast food, the ‘Mine’ disappeared from the toast to be replaced with ‘Comfy nest’.

“Nest?” She raised a brow and promptly looked up at Chris to see that the little bird, in it’s respite of being harassed to vacate Chris’s hair, had made itself quite comfortable in the golden locks. Juniper bit her upper lip, trying to hold a laugh in.

“I think we may have found ourselves a peculiar little bird.” She said as she glanced over at Thorne. “Did you at least get the words changing while you were snapchatting?” She teased him.

“Anyway, I think our little friend seems quite happy with you Chris. How do you feel about being a mobile bird nest?” She couldn’t keep in the chuckle.

wc: 167

elk1bones

Pea1nutButterpies

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:20 pm
"No it's not yours," Chris said pointedly, but this was an argument that had already been run through a million times and wasn't about to change anytime soon. Chris knew it, Thorne knew it, the cats knew it, and hell if Juniper was around long enough she'd probably figure it out soon. As it was he just sighed and flipped it over to make sure he wasn't seeing things, before still staring at the mine. "You honestly would, if you did. I'd actually expect flowers, come to think of it."

He snorted at the suggestion of the bird, only adjusting the toast in his hands to make sure Thorne could get a decent snapchat of it. He blinked in surprise at the words changing from 'Mine' to 'Comfey nest', realizing that his snort might not exactly have been deserved.

"Are you kidding me? The bird can write on toast," He said, wanting to stare at the sky. He instead settled for staring off into the distance, feeling a vague headache begin to form. He didn't want to deal with this today. "No, the telepathic bird who can apparently write on toast can't stay in my hair. The cats will climb me trying to eat it and I have to look respectable for my job."

elkbones

kolina

[wc: 215]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:32 pm
"A very peculiar bird indeed," Thorne sighed, starting again to untangle the bird from Chris's hair with very gentle hands. When he thought he was clear, he gently pried the bird out from its hairy nest and lowered it for Chris to see. "Tada," he added, as though with flourish.

He glanced at Juniper with a grin. "Oh, I got all of it. And I'll send some to Hyejin too."

He paused and leaned over to steal a bite of the toast, grinning up at Chris as he did so. He lived to terrorize Chris - both inside of Coalsmoke and outside of it.

"The cats will climb you anyways," he teased, and stroked the birds head. "Anyways, maybe it can't stay, but it is certainly very good at terrorizing you, and for that I think we should send it a gift basket. Or some other form of thanks."

PeanutButterPies

moonjavas

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:57 pm
"Perfect." She remarked. Juniper watched as Throne worked at getting the bird free while she placated the cat still curled up on her shoulders. A finger gently scratched behind the feline's ear and Juniper was rewarded with the gentle rumblings of a purr.

"Welp, he's certainly adorable, to say the least." The little bird, now free from Chris's mop of hair, was a fairly basic looking creature with brown and black feathering and a whitish underbelly. It certainly was a tiny thing though as it could easily fit in Thorne's hand with room to spare.

It didn't look happy having been taken from it's 'nest' as it chirped angrily at them. The toast's message was beginning to change to 'put me back' when Thorne took a bite from it. Juniper chuckled.

wc: 177

"Well, if you let him go, I think he's just going to end up back in Chris's hair. So, what shall we do? Find him something else to nest in or perhaps get him to Other Ashdown? I mean, I assume that's where he came from. Unless, that is, you two want to keep the little fella. He does have a nice parlor trick."

elkbones
Pfffft thanks for quoting me. razz

PeanutButterpies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:13 pm
"Oh," Chris said, looking down at the bird once he was free. He dusted one hand free of toast crumbs to run it through his hair, making the birdnest of his hair slightly better and slightly worst. "How cute, for being so weird," He says, pulling his hand from his hair to offer it a gentle little pet.

He looked up at Thorne and frowned, both at the toast bite and the phone threat. "Do not, she'll have reason to actually call my hair a birds nest and then I won't get anymore of an excuse to grow it out and then what will you do?" He said spitefully, shaking his free finger at Thorne to make a point. "Don't sent it, any of it."

He stared at Thorne balefully for a few more minutes and then took a bite of the toast of himself, giving little mind to the fact it was changing. He was immune to plant poisons, this probably wasn't any different. Probably.

"We can't keep it, not for the cats, but it can probably stick around here. Maybe put them in a garden? There's that one downtown that I work in," He said, thinking about where to keep the bird. It was cute and he didn't want it to end up anywhere bad. "You can thank it with something too, if it's in that garden."

elkbones

kolina

[wc: 227]

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

moonjavas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:14 pm
Thorne shrugged at Juniper, the excitement of a toast-writing bird already dulling as his stomach growled and he was reminded that he hadn't put on socks before shoving his boots on and bolting from the house.

"I think we should just find a nice garden for it," he said mildly, "or we could throw it through someone else's window." He looked at the small bird and said, "No, you aren't allowed back in the hair, that's my boyfriend, not yours. I'm the only one that gets to give him absurd amounts of bed head."

He rolled his eyes and glanced at them both with a lazy, cat-like smile.

"I think before anything, we should actually get dressed and eat breakfast first. We have that random bird bath we were going to use for a plant aesthetic experiment thing we could let it take over until we put it somewhere else," he suggested, and glanced at Juniper, "And I promise there's enough toast if you want to come along too."

PeanutButterPies

Kolina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:21 pm
"Hmmm. Perhaps a garden will work. You better make sure it doesn't hunt you back down, Chris. And I am never going to let you live this down, you realize this, right?" She teased as she stepped closer to the two to get a better look at the little bird.

Then Thorne said the magic two words, 'my boyfriend, that had Juniper snapping her eyes up at him and grinning like a cheshire cat. She knew that Chris had feelings for Thorne and now it was confirmed that it went both ways.

She turned her attention to Chris and raised a brow with a 'when did this happen?' sort of look.

"Oh, um. I wish I could join you two, but I've got work." She sighed. "I had breakfast before I left the apartment so I am good."

peanutbutterpies

elkbones

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:36 pm
"You two are awful," He grumbled, staring between the two like he was being given some awful punishment. "I can't believe I'm being ganged up on by my boyfriend and a friend. This is betrayal on too many levels, at least one of you should be on my side."

He blinked at Juniper's look, then flushed a very, very light red. Ah, yes, the boyfriend comment. Now from Chris too, he had no way to get out of it. He gave her back a look that was an appromimation of 'I'll tell you later' and hoped that she'd accept it. It'd be a long story to explain, that was for sure.

"We're not throwing it through a window Thorne," He sighed, taking another bite of the toast before offering it to Thorne. He knew Thorne wanted it, they were both hungry from the abandoned breakfast. "Aw, okay," He replied to Juniper, "Well, we'll let you know what happens to it. Or maybe you'll find out, if you ever carry around toast."

With that he moved over to Thorne and gave him a gentle nudge and said, "Come on, I bet the whole block could hear that you're hungry."

elkbones
AAANND ITSSS

kolina
A WRAP <3

[wc: 198]

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items