[PRP Matori] The Future Awaits ((Dex/Shade)) [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:31 pm
Back in Matori. It wasn't ideal to Dexurn, but it was really the only place that made sense. It was the only place with some semblance of family, and family was what they wanted. Family... to witness their wedding ceremony. His wedding ceremony to unite as one with Shadiya.

He still couldn't believe it. Yet, here he was, walking back to the inn they were staying at, bringing a container of hot soup to his wife. His wife... Who was sick.

The ceremony had been a blur. Simple. Small. Sweet. It had been wonderful. Yet, since then, Shade had been growing ill. He'd noticed she had been a little off since their trip back to Matori, but now it was manifesting a little more thoroughly, and it was distressing. The self-conscious part of him that remained wondered if.. if Shade was physically rejecting their union. That couldn't be though... Shade had seemed so happy that day...

Once inside, he knocked at the room door to announce himself. He may be her husband, but habits... "Here. I thought some light soup might settle for you," he said as he stepped into the room.

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:40 pm
Cornetified

The sand had been so soft beneath her feet and the sea breeze had been refreshing against her skin. In the background the waves had crashed along the shore, their shimmering foam resembling the sheer dress that the Oban woman wore as she walked towards her lover...in the distance her 'family' of sorts had watched while she simply smiled towards Dexurn and slowly took his hand. His gaze along with how the breeze ruffled through her hair, decorated with shells and flowers, still lingered in her memories. While she had been wary of returning to Matori, Shadiya was thankful that Dexurn had come here for this. At least this memory could stay with them.

It was a thought that continued haunting her. Leaving Sauti had shown Shadiya signs of sickness, but she had managed to hide them slightly from Dexurn. As they got to Matori the girl had hoped the sea breeze would lighten her mood and perhaps even help heal her body, but instead the symptoms had continued to worsen.

At least our ceremony was lovely. The woman hung her head as she stayed in bed. Another day that she felt too pained to move because of sickness and cramps. It had grown harder to hide her symptoms and her dancing instructor even had called for a doctor. Oddly though the woman had a knowing smirk on her face as she ushered Shadiya into a bed and Dexurn out the door. Shade's heart had raced with worry a the older Matori took her hands and studied her features...

"You're so young...I don't know how to take this."

"Take what? Did the doctor tell you that I was going to die or something? Do - Do I have some disease?" Shadiya felt tears in her eyes as the Matori silently stared, "Tell me something! I can't die...I just got with Dexurn and we finally...we finally are together." She was trying her hardest not to sob, but the emotions were just wracking her. Everything was too much! Why was she so emotional? Why couldn't she be? Shadiya shook her head before a gentle squeeze made her pause.

"Darling heart. You aren't dying...you're far from that."

"Th-then what is it?"

"You're expecting." A laugh at the look of surprise given to her, "What? Didn't think that lying with your lover would do anything? Seems like the gods have decided it's time for you to have a family."

As Shadiya stared at the ceiling a few hours later a flush decorated her cheeks. She...she was pregnant. Dexurn was going to be a father and she was going to be a mother...oh lords. "How do I even bring this up to him?" Moaned Shadiya into her pillows until a knock made her breath catch. Oh! Trying her hardest to fix her distraught appearance, Shadiya bolted up into a sitting position on the bed. "So-Soup?" She offered him a small smile, "Thank you, I'm sure it'll help."

She patted the bed next to her as she studied him, "Mind helping me to eat a bit?" And then maybe if she felt well...they could go on a walk. Shadiya's heart clenched. Would he be upset? Or happy? Or just as baffled as she was?

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:42 pm
His brow knit slightly as he walked into the room, concerned by the tension in the air. Well, whatever that doctor had told her had shaken her, but most likely not life threatening. ..Right?

He walked over and joined Shade on the bed, and pulled the end table over to set out the soup. He tried to bite his tongue since Shade still seemed rather frazzled, but the questions ripped at his chest. "Did the doctor know what's going on?" he asked, eyes shifting between Shade and the soup as it was poured into a sturdy bowl.

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:06 am
Cornetified

Moving forward so that she was leaning against him Shadiya took in the warmth of her lover, "Know what's going on?" She paused as if studying the room around them before glancing back towards Dexurn, "I don't know how to tell you honestly..." She bit her bottom lip thoughtfully as she trailed off into silence once more. Did she tell him now? No, no. In a little bit since it was all too sudden. That would be okay right? So instead she dramatically closed her eyes, "At least we knew each other before this happened. Just remember me, okay?"

But in less than a second she was grinning, "Is that what you are worried about hearing? I'm fine, honest. Just need some rest and a loving husband to feed me some soup." She snuggled up against him, "And perhaps a walk on along the shore after we eat so I can get some fresh air?"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:57 pm
For that first moment, Dex held his breath while waiting for the word. The dramatic answer made his whole body go cold. That moment stretched out in his mind, encompassing the whole room. 'Just remember me..' He didn't want that. He couldn't-

'I'm fine, honest.'

Dex stood still as a stone, absorbing the tease. Taking a deep breath, he shifted Shade enough so that she could lean against the table. Once free, he hunched over and dug the heels of his hands into his eyes. "Can't do that to me, Shade," he said with a strained laugh that was filled with excessive relief. Darned girl had always had a slightly dark sense of humor... Digging at his eyes a little more, he straightened back up soon enough. "Soup and then a walk. As long as you're up to the walk." He smirked lightly. "I'll even carry you if you get tired while we're out."

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:15 pm
Cornetified

Shadiya's gaze softened as she glanced at Dexurn, "I'm sorry...that was bad." Hanging her own head in shame, the woman's fingers twisted the soft blanket thoughtfully. How could she even tell him this when her own heart was twisting? Not that she didn't want to have Dexurn's babies...it was just strange. So much was changing in her life and so quickly. Having babies on top of that - what type of life would they be able to give them? A happy one I hope. She thought with a small smile before looking back up towards her mate, "Sounds perfect." An honest smile lit her features at the suggestion, "I'm rather spoiled by you, but yes I would love to watch the waves crashing against the shore again even if I needed to be carried."

Though technically Dexurn would be carrying more than just one person now if he picked her up...the thought brought a small blush to her cheeks before she gestured towards the soup. "I better eat now then so we can leave soon~"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:07 am
Seeing Shade lighting up a little, Dex smiled in return. "Sounds like you should." It took his a moment, but he realized as he was finishing setting up the soup.. Shade had not actually told him what was causing her pain. Maybe it was just a small, passing thing? But it had been going on for some time now... Oh! Maybe it was a female thing! ...Yeah. He didn't mind her keeping that to herself; and prying would only embarrass her!

He pulled the table closer, and helped her guide the spoon along. It was painful to see her weak... He let her spoon up the soup as much as she could on her own, but did not hesitate to assist when needed.

When Shade felt like she'd had enough, he cleaned the table off. "So, are you feeling up to going out still?"

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:42 pm
Cornetified

Mmm. Despite everything Shadiya could appreciate the effort that her husband -oh the word still gave her tingles!- put into taking care of her. Even if she felt decently well enough to lift the spoon it was easy to fall into the temptation of just letting Dexurn help her so that she could feel his warm fingers against her own. Just spending time with him like this, simple as it was, was enough to calm the woman's worries. Dexurn was here for her so things would be alright.

Watching him clean up with a happy grin, Shadiya blinked at his question before nodding. "Of course! Keep me locked up any longer and I'll just disappear into this bed." She leaned forward playfully, "It's so soft that I feel as if the longer I lay here the more it's slowly taking me down into a secret realm of feathers and...fluff." The Oban reached her hands out toward him, "So please help me up and out of here?"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:40 pm
Well, the enthusiasm sure was welcome! That was encouraging. "Let's get you up and moving then." He took her outstretched hands to help her stand, holding her hands firmly to make sure she was steady. He grabbed a light shawl to put around Shade's shoulders as well. After all, there was a breeze in the air.

Taking a hand, he pressed a light kiss to Shade's cheek. "I know a good spot to sit, too," he said as he led her outside. He was grateful that it was sunny rather than rainy today. "Let me know if you need to rest at all along the way."

The place he led the way to was a part of the beach that contained a few rocks that had been smoothed by water and weather to be able to sit on. The sand was thick as well, in case a softer seat was needed. There was a thin outcropping of rock as well, making a platform for sitting on that was perfect for dangling legs from. "I bet the water will feel good on your feet," he suggested.

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:44 pm
Cornetified

Lacing her fingers with Dexurn's, Shadiya snuggled up against him as they walked, "Ah, fresh air. Is that what this is?" She teased lightly as she took a deep breath. It felt so nice to be outside after all. "I think this will be fine." She replied towards Dexurn with a small smile, "Don't worry so much, I'm not that weak."

"It's perfect." Shadiya whispered as they arrived at the spot, "i could sit here for a while if you wouldn't mind." She pressed her head against his shoulder, "And my feet are definitely itching to feel some cool ocean water." Though seeing that some of the rocks were wet the woman attached to his arm for support, "I just...uh want to make sure I don't fall." That would definitely be bad for her...and for those inside of her. The thought brought another flush to her cheeks as she relied on Dexurn to cross towards the rocks...

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:16 pm
The light scold sent a slight flush along Dex's cheeks, making him smile bashfully. He couldn't help worrying. Things had been getting worse, and after such a happy occasion... What if they kept getting worse?

"We can sit for as long as you like," he assured, taking her arm supportively. He led her out along the outcropping and made sure she was settled before sitting at her side. He slid his boots off and let his feet hang in the water, one arm hugging Shade against him.

"Shade.. Have you thought about..us getting a home somewhere?" He looked bashfully into the water. "Or do you want to keep travelling? I'm good either way for now. I.. was just thinking.. maybe in the not-too distant future..?"

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:40 pm
Cornetified

She loved watching how the waters rippled around their feet for the split second before another wave crashing along the shore made the water raise and fall again. Something about seeing how alive the great body of water was truly filled Shadiya with joy. It was like seeing freedom out in that expanse of glimmering blue waters...seeing it made her feel like truly anything was possible.

The thought made her burrow under his arm happily, "Then I'd like forever please." She replied with a light laugh, "That's okay, right?" It was just so nice to have Dexurn by her side like this. The woman closed her eyes briefly as if to remember the moment forever. This truly...was something to cherish.

"A home?" She found herself repeating whit surprise, "I suppose I haven't thought of that...but where would we?" There was Sauti, Tale, and Matori...where could they settle?

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:03 pm
Forever? He chuckled lightly and nodded playfully. 'Forever' was sure to only last while the sun was up, but he would do it.

Chewing his lip bashfully, he wiggled his toes in the water to let the ripples sooth him. "I don't really know. It was.. just something I'd been thinking about lately. To have a house of my own.. of our own. That would be something else, you know?"

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:56 pm
Cornetified

Watching the ocean, Shadiya let out a little 'hmm' noise as she pondered over things, "I suppose it's not a bad idea." She replied quietly, "It's just I've never had a home save for my parent's house..." Her thoughts trailed off quietly. If only her uncle hadn't claimed it then perhaps she could have lived back in Oba with Dexurn at her side. Yet, at the same time was Oba really a home for either of them? I don't believe so. She peered over towards Dexurn, "It would mean settling down and not traveling too much." She acknowledged as she leaned her head back to look towards the sky.

"Traveling will be out of the question in a bit though...uh I mean." She blinked as her own thought slipped from her lips, "For a house! If we got a house...where at? Would it be here in Matori or somewhere else? I doubt you are keen on Oba and I would like to stay away from that place as well. It's honestly not a bad goal." She added with a nod, "I guess the questions are just when, where, and how?"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:43 pm
Cheeks burning, his gaze shifted away contemplatively. "I've never had one outside of my.. where I was.. Where I grew up, which wasn't mine in any way, really." His tongue still found it pretty easy to use the title of 'master' for the man who had ruled his life. He had never known any other title for the man aside for his real name, and that was something Dex had less desire voicing that 'master.'

He looked over at the rushed statement with a little confusion. That was oddly phrased... "I do like traveling with you, but I.. don't want that to be forever for us." He laughed dryly and hung his head. "I probably should have brought this up before getting married... I'm sorry if I'm upsetting you. ..I guess I never considered getting married as something I could actually do before, so I never thought to bring it up. Even when you said 'yes' to me.. it still didn't seem real."

Chewing his lip again, he hesitated a moment before squeezing her hand. "There's been a lot that I never thought would happen to me, and I don't feel like that's over yet. I have a future that goes beyond making sure that someone else's house is clean, that someone else's kitchen is cleared, and that someone else's clothes are washed. I've thought about it all before, and I knew it, but it never really registered until.. you actually married me." His eyes burned slightly. "I want to be able to help make sure our house is clean, and that our kitchen is cleared, and that our clothes are washed. I want there to one day be.." He groaned at himself and rubbed both hands through his hair roughly, rather irritated with his sudden splurging of words. "I'm sorry, Shade. I'm throwing so much at you all of a sudden. Of course I would take a nice moment and muck it up..."

Sabra Knight

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces