Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:51 pm
Nyko loved to shop.

Any day that he could escape the confines of his masters' kitchen was a glorious one, especially when it was sanctioned for him to do so. His mother gave him a list of different spices and base ingredients that would be needed for that evening's supper. He thought she also very likely said something vaguely resembling 'hurry home', but Nyko could have sworn she mumbled it. Could have easily said something else.

As it stood he had a pouch of lesser coins, a little basket, and an eye for the bigger things. Spices were all well and good, but walking along the jewelry stalls was far more rewarding. His amber eyes ate up the glistening gems, fingers itching to reach out and claim them as his own.

In fact, one such ring had called out to him so greatly that Nyko had been drawn in - and promptly caught. Now there was a shouting match between him, the vendor and several guardsman that bothered to show up.

"I wasn't stealing it, I just wanted to look at it!" Nyko snarled, trying to jerk his hand back. Instead, a guard took it and held tight to his wrist. "Is that so wrong?!"

"You know the penalty for theft-"

Nyko felt his heart drop to his stomach. The guard was now holding his wrist against the flat top of the stall while the other pulled a saber from it's sheath.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:26 pm
Painted Moose

Arima held tightly to her basket as she twisted through the crowds. Her mentor had once more sent her out on a shopping run and the girl was determined to burn through things. The earlier she got home then the more chances she had at actually getting finished with her 'to do' list before tomorrow's dawn. Somehow it seemed that her mentor loved to pile up all the things on her. Frowning, Arima gave a merchant a coin for several more leaves before pausing at a commotion.

What was going on?

Ah, just an argument. She forced herself to turn away from the Matori boy and street vendor. Surely things would resolve - do not get involved, Arima. Don't do it! She warned herself. Getting involved now meant not getting home early and then that would be less sleep for her...still. Arima found herself peering over her shoulder just one last time before the glint of a saber in the sunlight made her heart stall, "Wait, no!" The girl waved a hand as she pushed through the crowd, "Oh darling." She found the words pouring out of her mouth as she latched onto the other Matori, "You forgot your purse and I came to bring it to you. Were you looking to surprise me?" She smiled grandly towards the boy while her foot rested on his in warning, "I suppose I'll just have to see it early."

"What?"
The guard found his arm wavering while the merchant sneered, "He's obviously a thief! Are you trying to associate with him?"

She bowed her head towards the merchant, "It's my fault truly. I distracted him by grabbing all of his attention. I simply just missed him so much since he had been off training for the past few days - hence his slightly rugged state of course." Her gaze glimmered with tears, "I'm sure he was just wishing to surprise me, but I ruined it by keeping him from remembering his coin." She reached into the pouch at her side, "Here." Coins tossed out on the counter as she took the ring into her own possession, "Let's just call this misunderstanding a day and we'll be on our way." Ever so firm she tugged at the other Matori's arm which had been freed by the confused guard.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:27 am
Sabra Knight

Nyko grasped his forearm, just beside the where the guard's fingers were locked in a death grip around his arm. He tried in vain to free himself, not even bothering with an act of 'calm'; especially once the saber was lifted, preparing to make it's swing!

All at once things seemed to stop. The guard, the merchant, and Nyko himself turned to look at...a matori girl? One in Oban colors, which only seemed to make her own lack of pigment all the more obvious. At first he assumed she was talking to the merchant, but then she was touching him. What was...? Oh. OH.

"Oh Niyora," There was no way to hide the sheer relief when he looked at her, but he did try to up-play it with some false affection, "thank you very much, sweetling. You know how forgetful I am."

Nyko tried to look equal parts offended (that, in itself, was not hard; he was very much offended already) and embarrassed; after all, he was just a normal boy, trying to buy something nice for his sweetie. And now he was being treated like a thief in public? It was so beautiful that Nyko himself would have kissed her for it.

"I was just trying to buy some spices for our dinner, and a gift; something to let her know how much I missed her. Honest." With his free hand, Nyko reached out to cup her face, smoothing her cheekbones with his thumb as he murmured comforting nonsense.

With the public nature of his confrontation several other vendors and shoppers had come to watch, some still confused by the changes, others demanding the lovers be set free. Once his hand was freed Nyko wasted no time in fleeing, arm locked with his 'lovers'.

Once they were out of ear and eye shot, Nyko's walk became smoother, looser, with a little grin to boot. "I really could kiss you, you know. That was brilliant."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:32 pm
Painted Moose

Heart racing the girl began to recite herbal remedies through her mind as they walked away. Aloeniota, lily of the desert, good for burns and other skin wounds....gingko tea for concentration and ease of mind... Had they truly managed to outwit the merchant? Oh, what had she done?! Even if she hadn't used Lord Koriyan's name or even her mother's insignia the girl was still panicking. Who else would know of a strangely colored Matori woman dressed like an oban noble? Even without a name it wouldn't be easy to cover her tail should someone have been watching her today. She just hoped this didn't get home to her mother! The woman would definitely be on the edge of her death bed then! Not only had Arima rejected marriage proposals, but she now had a lover?

Obviously it would look like that - even without her story the boy had been so good at acting along! Even to the point that he had almost made her own heart stop with the way he touched her face. Ugh! It really had become a scene out of one of her stories!

The thought made her cheeks flush, "And I really could kick you, you know. That was awful." She quipped back as she pulled her arm away she that she could cover her burning face, "I can't believe I lied like that. Ugh, what if my mother hears? Or my mentor...oh he'll have me working double time since I have enough time for a sudden lover!" Pressing her hands against her eyes Arima forced herself to take a deep breath before peeking back over towards the other Matori, "I just can't believe they jumped to that conclusion so quickly! You're so fortunate that I could get away with that facade. What if you had lost your arm?" Her gaze softened ever so slightly as she glanced at the stranger, "That would have been awful..."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:51 pm
Sabra Knight

"Awful?" Nyko questioned laughingly. Oh now there was a bit of color on her cheeks. He slipped his hands into the pockets of his shorts and watched her little mini-panic with an acute eye. "Woah woah, slow down, or you'll give yourself a head ache." Definitely some noble's pet, with the way she was dressed up. Lucky. So many others would kill to have clothing that fine; himself included.

Jumped to...? Oh, even better, if she didn't think him an actual thief. Nyko lifted the offended arm, frowning over a bruise that was quickly welling up around his wrist. He hadn't even noticed it earlier, but it clearly had finger prints. "It would have been awful, but thank the goddess you were there to prevent it." He didn't even have to fake the relief; it was there, as well as a genuinely glorious smile.

"Now, if I can just get my ring I'll be on my way."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:03 pm
Painted Moose

Arima gave a soft laugh at his response, "I already gave myself one by letting whatever possessed me possess me." The girl shook her head slowly, "If you knew my mentor you would be crying by now as well." She glanced up towards the sky with a frown. The sun was already overhead and she still had things to buy. No sleep for me tonight.

Her gaze slipped towards the other Matori as he checked out his wrist, "You're welcome then." She replied quietly before almost reaching out as if to touch his arm, "Would you like a salve for that? I'm actually pretty well versed in the healing arts...so I wouldn't mind helping." Her gaze was gentle and sincere as she glanced towards the boy. In the back of her mind, however, the girl was completely shaking herself at her continued kindness. Definitely no rest for her tonight! So many things to do and so little time in the day...was there a way to learn time magic or something at this rate?

His comment though made the girl raise a brow, "The ring that almost lost your arm, you mean?" She shook her head slowly, curls bouncing a little bit here and there. "I suppose...if you pay me for it first." Taking a step back she crossed her arms, "I'm not made of money you know. I only bought it because if I didn't then I might have lost an arm like that as well for jumping in." Well - maybe she was slightly. Still! She was supposed to be an apprentice to a healer, not an heir to a huge fortune. That was the last thing she wanted anyone to know...

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:26 pm
Sabra Knight

"If you're willing to give it, then who am I to turn away such kindness?" Nyko held his arm out to her, closing the gap between her near-hesitant hand and his. The tip of his index finger touched the pet's unblemished skin. His own fingers bore tiny, hairline scars from countless hours of knife work, and hefting heavy crates down to the larder. It made him wonder if he had been born to money, if maybe his fingers might look like hers.

For a moment Nyko's features widened in a sort of stunned silence before splitting into a cheeky grin. "Sweetheart, if I could have paid for it, don't you think I would have already? When I said I was looking at the ring, I meant just that. Come on, hand it over. What's one more ring to you anyway, hmm? Fancy clothes like that...I'm sure you have dozens more at home."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:38 pm
Painted Moose

"I'm a healer, it's my duty to help those in need." Replied Arima as she took his arm into her hands, "It's nothing major...he just gripped hard enough to bruise." She murmured quietly as her fingers glided over his flesh, firmly yet gingerly enough to as not try to pain him. After all from the looks of things he had already suffered plenty enough. "The bones are still in place...so let me see... Letting go the girl dug into the satchel hanging at her side and pulled out a small jar, "You can keep this if you would like - it's used, but there's still enough for a few treatments. It's good with helping to ease swelling and to cool flesh that might have been rubbed raw. It may feel weird at first - when I began using it too I had a double take - but it's fine if it makes the skin feel cold."

Arima flushed - a bit of shame and frustration - at the other Matori's words. "If you're just looking at it then I don't know if you need it." She quipped back, "I should just sell it and get some coin from a different vendor..." She started thoughtfully, "Because these fancy clothes don't pay for themselves." At least not lately since she had been trying so hard not to rely on her mother's money. This outfit was a gift from her current mentor which had been repaid with an order of a hundred poultices for the soldiers. Just the memory made her back ache from all those nights leaning over her work table. The young healer crossed her arms, "I save your life just for you to try and weasel this from me."

She pursed her lips, "Healing I try to give freely since I know not all can afford it." Arima studied the other boy with a small sigh, "Trinkets are a different story...but I suppose if you truly want the ring then you can have it. After helping me in turn first. Sound good?"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:27 am
Sabra Knight

This was the first time in Nyko's memories that a healer was touching him 'gently'. Usually they were much more abrasive. Rough and efficient; just enough to get the job done while extracting as much gold as they could from the masters. It was odd enough just taking the jar from her without hearing "don't screw up again, Nicosia".

"Weasel? No one asked you to save me, same as no one asked you to buy that ring. You did that all on your own." Bossy little chit, wasn't she? Well if she could puff up then so could he. "Besides, who pays full price for anything? You could have worked him down easily if you'd flashed a little tit." Although...he looked at her chest critically, curling his lip back a bit before shaking his head, "On second thought, full price is probably the lowest he would have gone." Too bad, really. She had a cute enough face, but what she really needed was a nice, ripe set of -

"Alright, fairs fair, what do you want me to do?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:26 pm
Painted Moose

Arima just raised a brow at his sass. I'll remember that next time you almost lose an arm. She had already helped him out and so now what was the point of interaction? He'd already cost her so much time as well. Though his next commentary truly brought a flustered blush to her cheeks, "Someone who is trying to save an arm, mind you. I doubt anyone would want to barter after thinking you a thief." She quipped in turn. Truly, how was this suddenly her fault for trying to think quickly? Just because he couldn't get a ring? Arima pursed her lips. Was a trinket truly worth so much fighting?

"Too bad he didn't like your...tits instead then maybe he would have asked for them rather than your arm. But I suppose you just didn't appeal to him in general." The words that she was thinking came out of her mouth instead and the girl quickly raised a hand to cover her mouth. If someone saw her! A lady...like me...oh gods. Was she starting to spend too much time on the streets and with soldiers?

Either way she was in a corner - getting his help could possibly spare her a bit of time, "Differences aside I'll need you to gather some herbs with me. They're a bit out of the way, but having two pairs of hands will help save me time." She gestured before turning on her heel to lead the way, "If you're still interested in this ring then keep up because we'll need to hurry." That stated she started to walk forward without looking back. If he followed her then fine and if not then...well fine again! Still flustered Arima only shook her head and muttered a few words she had picked up while on the job under her breath while marching on.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:46 pm
Sabra Knight

Nyko didn't miss her shocked reaction in the least. He barked out a laugh, and shook his head, "What's the matter, doll? Tits got your tongue?" The fact that the shop keep hadn't been interested in him sexually didn't bother him at all; if anything, that saved Nyko the trouble. Seeing her reaction, though...that was absolutely priceless.

He held onto his basket loosely as he followed her. So much for shopping for spices today, but Nyko supposed he could snatch a few of the basics on his way back. They were a little easier to 'look at' than guarded jewelry, anyway. "So, do you have a name? Or should I make one up? I guess I could call you sweet pea, baby cakes, little spark, TT, you know, for tiny tits or-"

His sweet talk slipped into vulgarities rather quickly, not that Nyko seemed to care.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:49 pm
Painted Moose

Just don't reply. If she truly didn't have anything nice to say then she wasn't going to even bother trying. Though it was oddly tempting to just blast a bit of heat at his feet from her staff - something that even surprised the flustered girl. He truly was talented at picking at others. Perhaps there was more to why the merchant wanted his arm.

"Enough already! I swear you really are enjoying this too much." Arima twisted on her feet so that she could point a finger towards the boy, "It's Arima Cy..." Trailing off she shook her head, "It's Arima, plain and simple. Just give me your name so we can get formalities out of the way and on with things. That or I can just call you urushiol perhaps." Oh he had her so aggravated that she almost gave him her house name! And after all these 'titty' comments that was the last thing she wanted him to know. Perhaps urushiol was fitting considering it was the oil in plants that could cause such irritating rashes. One of those pesky itching spots that just won't stop bothering you... Though Arima with a small glint in her gaze. No matter what his name was the nickname Uru would definitely stick in the back of her mind for him.

"If you're done blowing hot air I suggest we head on up this hill and try to find the plants that I need. Like these-" She dug around in her satchel and held out a rather purplie tinted leaf, "It's usually under rocks or in some form of shade. Be careful of the prickly spines when you try to peel them as well."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:19 pm
Sabra Knight

"Oh, I am. Very much so." Nyko admitted easily. He swung his basket to and fro, lazily letting it fall whichever way it pleased while managing to keep his fingers hooked just enough to hold it. When she spun around on him he paused just long enough for his basket to lurch in front of him, popping up to almost hit her hand before falling down. "Plain and simple my butt, you were going to say something else after that!" Her house name, he was sure of it. Too bad! If he had known then he might have shown up just to bug her, and no doubt that's why she didn't say it.

"My name is Nicosia, plain and simple," he whipped back with a snort. He watched her pulled out the tinted leaf and listened for half the explanation before moving on his own up hill. "And if you can find a cure for my 'hot air blowing' I've got some masters who would pay you dearly for it." He called over his shoulder. Some friends and family too, while he was at it. Everyone surely wanted to him to pipe down at some point, but Nyko wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

He crouched down low to a shady stone, and sat his basket aside to search.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:31 pm
Painted Moose

Of course he was. Arima resisted the urge to roll her eyes at the other Matori. If she had realized saving someone would be such a hassle she would have sat on her hands! Even if he had lost an arm...okay maybe not, but still! It was nice thinking that perhaps she could have said no to someone in need for once. Especially him. She protested before just shaking her head, "Was I? I can't recall." She quipped as she walked away. Gods forbid she actually let him know her full name!

"Alright, Nicosia Plain and Simple." She commented before his next statement made her falter. Masters? Weren't all Matori freed now? Seems there's more for me to know. After all..perhaps it wasn't so easy to get back up on your feet after freedom. Arima's gaze flickered away with a hint of shame once more. She had seen it lately - Matorians who had been serving Obans still. Certainly they were free to go but who else would shelter or feed them? Doesn't mean they deserve to be treated like dirt. She clenched her fists before trying to focus on finding the plants.

"Sincerely try not to p***k yourself if you find one. I'd rather not have to bandage up your fingers next... She crouched as well before digging with hesitant fingers through sand and dirt. There was a small green vine, but even though she clipped it and placed it in her basket it still wasn't exactly what she needed...

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:38 am
Sabra Knight

He lifted a rock, careful of hiding Alol and other such nasty creatures. Thankfully there wasn't anything nearly as disgusting underneath; just a lot of muck. He supposed at one point it may have been sand, but years of being hidden in shade and what moisture it managed to collect in the shade had turned it into something far worse to his nostrils. Nyko was ready to set the rock back down when he saw a little vine, and started to trace it.

"Yeah yeah, I heard you, mother. Sheesh." He murmured the words, or rather, he had intended to murmur them. Instead he ended up moving a great handful of sand away - and instantly started cursing. Nyko sat back on his haunches, holding his hand up to his face to see where he'd been impaled. Sure enough he had found the plant in question, and what was his reward? Little prickles left in his skin. Brilliant.

◈ RP Graveyard

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff