[PRP] Dare to Dream [Udayi & Kari]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:04 pm
Kari had been up with the sun that morning and been down to the shore to bathe in the cold waters and search the sand for any treasures the sea might have cast out to him.

He'd been having a number of strange dreams as of late. Snippets of dreams, perhaps, would have been more accurate. Like viewing a landscape through a hole in a stone and seeing only a small part of the picture. Udayi featured heavily in these visions, the sun upon the dapple of her back and her eyes full of golden light. In some dreams she walked the shore alone. In others she walked with his brother at her side. In others she walked with him at her side, close enough that he could feel their fur brushing together.

Then, on rarer occasions, they all walked the shore together; the twins at either side as if to protect her - though from what, he could never be sure.

Still, he tried to put the confusing dream-visions to the back of his mind as he attempted to search for a gift for Udayi. Today was the day, he thought, that he would tell her how he felt about her. The thought was exhilarating and, yet, terrifying.

He paused amongst a pebbled section of the shore, slowly turning them over or nudging them aside in an attempt to find something that he could gift to her.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:05 pm
User ImageUdayi hadn't been up with the sun, but she had gotten up earlier than usual. Something about today felt good and she wanted to get a start on it as soon as she could! Her life since reaching the Bahari had been wonderful and she was glad she had followed her vision to this place. She had met lots of wonderful lions so far and had made many friends, and had even found a very special relationship with the two twins, Kari and Dagr. A fond smile touched her muzzle as she thought of the two, one fiery and one calm. They balanced each other so well it was hard to imagine one without the other.

As she walked to the beach her thoughts drifted to Dagr and their recent 'patrol'. The red twin was exactly what she thought she'd find attractive in a mate - spunky, a bit hot-headed, energetic, always looking for something new to see or do. He was all those things and more, and being handsome certainly didn't hurt. She enjoyed her time with him and was a bit surprised he hadn't said anything to her after their little encounter.

As she reached the beach, a hint of blue down by the water had Udayi smiling even wider. Kari was up and about, it seemed. The blue twin was sweet and sentimental, a caring and thoughtful lion who surprised her at every turn with his antics. He was certainly not someone she would have found herself drawn to, and yet here she was. Kari had an air of stability and 'home' around him that Dagr lacked, but Dagr had that energy and spirit that echoed her own. It was a bit of a puzzle with the two, and while it was clear where Dagr stood on physical attraction, at least, she was still puzzling Kari out.

"Good morning," she called cheerfully as she bounded towards the blue male. "What a lovely day it is."

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:34 am
The lion straightened at the sound of her voice and turned to greet her. It was almost like his thoughts had summoned her. A beautiful lady with whom he had the slightest crush. He felt his face grow hot beneath his fur and shuffled his paws a little in the sand, knocking some pebbles aside.

"Good morning," he returned, "it really is -- all the better for seeing you." Urgh, terrible, terrible! He could do better than this. He paused a moment, turning both ears backwards in thought, and scrambled for a better line - one that evaded him until he had to admit defeat or be thought of as weird for being silent for too long.

"Well...I guess that's all I've got. It is better, though, so we'll leave it at that. Where are you off to today? Up to anything in particular?" He tilted his head enquiringly and smiled at her, totally smitten. Perhaps he should have asked his mother for help on talking to girls. Pretty girls. She would have likely squealed in delight at the prospect and then...never stop badgering him about it.

"I was just taking a walk so, if you've no plans, you are welcome to join me."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:58 pm
Watching Kari shuffle around made Udayi chuckle a bit. He certainly was adorable with his bashful nature, and although his words were kind they didn't surprise her at all. He always seemed to say things like that and she wondered if he wished to say more.

"Nothing on my schedule at all," she said with a cheery grin, moving to give his shoulder a nudge in physical greeting. "I've got more than enough time to go for a walk with you. Couldn't think of a better way to start my day."

Falling into step beside him, she let him lead the way and set the pace for their little stroll down the beach. "What was so interesting back there?" she added, having noticed he had been picking through the rocks and sand. "Find anything that washed up?"

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:54 am
His heart sang as she agreed to walk with him and he turned so that they could walk together, glad that she fell into step beside him. "Ah, well...I was looking for something particular today, but didn't come across anything that caught my eye. Not just any little pebble will do so, I suppose, it might take time to find." He wasn't sure what he'd been looking for, exactly, but he knew that when he came across it, he'd know. Though just how much time he had was anyone's guess.

He peered across at her admiringly for a moment and smiled, "this pride suits you, I think. You are looking so well." Practically glowing, "I mean...well...you look positively radiant."

He turned to look ahead once more, "I've been having some dreams that I think might be visions as of late. But...they're not straightforward." They rarely were, in truth, "what do you do if you have a vision that you can't fathom? Do you ever discover their meaning or do you just have to accept that some things remain untranslatable until they actually happen?"

She and him, walking the shore...much like they were in this moment, in fact.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:51 pm
"Kari, you're too sweet!" the lioness said with a laugh as her friend complimented her. She allowed her steps to sway her hips enough to bump against the lion's, grinning at him as they strolled. While his brother was certainly a flirt, Kari was sweet and in his own way made her feel positively wonderful.

His question had her humming softly, tail swishing thoughtfully as she turned the problem over. Her visions were occasionally too difficult to determine what they meant, but usually they were fairly straightforward like her vision that brought her to this pride. The sea and an overwhelming sense of belonging and love. She had found both upon arrival and she was very glad to have followed her dream, but she knew how frustrating it could be when things weren't clear.

"Sometimes I'll think on it for a while, especially if it's reoccurring. But if I can't work it out I don't dwell on it. I feel like seers would go mad trying to decipher every vision they have."

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:09 am
As she bumped into him he gave a stuttered laugh and tried hard not to look too embarrassed. She was so beautiful. So confident. Wise, too. She gave good advice and he tried to let himself unwind and relax a little more - surprised to find how tight he was around the shoulders.

"You're a good influence," he replied warmly, "I'll try not to worry too much about it. It'll either unveil itself in time or not, and if the latter then I guess it's not important anyway." He blinked and tried to gear himself up for his next question.

"Are y-you busy this evening?" He glanced briefly across at her and scrambled to add: "Word is that it'll be a clear night. Sometimes the stars dance above the sea. I was thinking of going but, uh, it would be nice to have company."

He'd done it. He'd asked her out on a date!

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:17 am
"Definitely don't worry about it," Udayi said with a little nod and a fond smile. "Worrying doesn't seem like something you do here. If it keeps coming back over and over you might want to put some thought into figuring out what it means, but usually one time visions - for me at least - are just passing fancies that I really can't do much about. But like the one that drew me here...if it keeps calling to you, then perhaps it's important."

The question that followed was completely different from their conversation before, but it made her smile all the same.

"Dancing stars, hm? Never seen that before," she said with a soft laugh. "I would love to give you some company, Kari." She leaned over again, giving his curly mane a much longer and more heartfelt nuzzle than a friend would give. "Thank you for asking me."

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:34 am
That was certainly true. Bahari lions didn't often spend their days worrying about what might or might not be. Their relaxing influence was a draw for many all across the plains. If it was important it would all become clear in time. She was right. Kari was certain.

And when she agreed to the date he felt himself flush with a giddy joy and disbelief. He'd asked and she had said yes! He could hardly believe it and then she nuzzled him and he almost lost his footing, forcing himself to a clumsy halt to stop himself from landing on his face in the sand.

"Y-you're welcome. I'll...I'll come and collect you? From your den? Later?" He realised a little too late that he'd phrased his words as questions. Too many questions!

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:46 am
Kari's stumbling and verbal fumbling were adorable, Udayi had to admit. Where his brother was confident and cocky, Kari was sweet and unsure. It was a quite hilarious to know they were twins, but she wouldn't have it any other way.

"That sounds great," she said with a smile as she pulled back just a bit to give the male some space. "Just after the sun sets, before all the stars are visible when the sky is still bright. I'll be waiting there for you," she said with a little wink. Unable to help herself, she leaned in to give Kari's cheek a quick lick before turning to bound across the sand and into the jungle. Yup, coming here was definitely a good idea!

Kimaria
Fin from me

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items