[PRP Jauhar] An Evening Rainstorm (Eresin x Talisia) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:40 am
The evening lights were awfully beautiful when one could notice them through the dense coverage of trees. High up in the tree tops the hybrid rested on a larger branch with her back against the main trunk. Up here, once she stared for a few moments, the girl could see the faintest shimmers of the stars against the night sky. How was it when she looked more ice and her brother more shifter that she felt the best connection to the night sky still? I suppose I believe even more in the goddess after all. A faintest of smiles, one tinged in sorrow and bitter joy, flickered across her fine features. How could she not believe in such things after finding Cia-no Kian again?

And all because of one boy. Talisia raised her hands before her and slowly lowered them so that she could twist her fingers together thoughtfully. "Interwoven fates, huh?" Her bi-colored gaze danced at the thought. Where else were their fates going to take them? Eresin and Kian were already on their paths of learning magic and she...well she was a pretty talented beast tamer. Not that I see how our fighting styles connect. Sincerely the girl hoped to never have to participate in a war again. All that violence and the injuries she had seen that day...it brought a shudder to her spine. She'd much rather heal than fight.

"Here's hoping for more peaceful times." Mused Talisia quietly as she leaned back against her perch. Though thinking of fighting and peaceful times did bring a faint flush to her cheeks. She still owed Eresin for helping to save her from the Menzuri...that kid definitely was not the foolish merchant boy she had originally thought him to be...Talisia pouted faintly. She just hoped he wouldn't rub it in her face -something she would rather expect from her twin- that he had saved her life from beasts. Nah, Eresin wasn't like that thankfully. If he was though Talisia shook her head at the thought. She'd give him a good lesson in respecting his seniors! The thought caused a faint laugh to escape that danced across the tree tops..

Sin of Qurupeco

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:46 am
Sabra Knight

Eresin walked through the dense forest back towards his camp. It was a quiet and peaceful night, something Eresin had been accustomed to. After a long day of training and meditating in solitude, the boy was tired and yearned to see some form of life again. He scowled at the thought. I used to love to be alone. Just me and Peco in our tent while my parents tended their shop. Come to think of it, Eresin hadn't noticed when he'd transitioned from not liking people at all to becoming somewhat fond of them.

He guessed he started to change when he met Talisia. After that point, Eresin quickly grew fond of her and wanted to protect her from the dangers of being a hybrid in a world where being just that isn't accepted by most. Well, at least not yet. Hybrids are like everyone else. They are people too.

However, there was something more to it than just a passion for equal treatment for hybrids. It was Talisia herself. Grumpy on the outside, but so full of kindness on the inside, he couldn't fight the truth any longer. He was attracted to her. He lowered his head and let out a small huff. He knew he had to face the fact sooner or later. All the days of travelling with her only reinforced that truth as well. When he saved her from the Menzuri, he felt not only pride, but also relief and a knot of other emotions. The thought of losing her made him crazy. Dare I say that I... Lo-

At that thought he thought he heard a laugh. Could it be..? He lost the thought and looked for the source of the laugh.

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:30 am
Sin of Qurupeco

Resting her head against the bark of the tree, Talisia sighed. If she could the girl would just stay up here forever and enjoy the view of the night skies. However, it looked like there was a shift in weather - even the brightest of stars were starting to hide behind the dense clouds. She just hoped that Silva would return in time from his flight. "Silly raptrix why do you always pick the worst times?"

Gritting her teeth the girl moved her legs away from the rough bark of the tree. Even her legs were beginning to stick from the forest's humidity and Talisia had to brace herself as she seemingly pried her bare skin from her perch. Once that was done the hybrid took hold of one of the few vines hanging on the tree and began to climb her way down. Foreigners may still have problems adjusting to the strange system of vines and ladders, but Talisia's previous three years of living in Jauhar had taught her well.

Just not well enough for her to not almost lose her grip when she noticed someone. "Hello?" Her bi-colored gaze was narrowed as she glanced around. Had she spotted someone on the ground below?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:44 am
Eresin wandered until he heard the hello. He looked around, but didn't see anyone. He sighed and said to himself out loud, "Great, I somehow managed to find myself in the middle of the haunted part of the forest..." He wondered if he had even heard the laughter in the first place. It might have all been in his head when he was thinking about-

"Talisia?" He questioned as he saw her descend from a tree ladder. How had he not thought of it before? Jauhar's vines and ladders were quite common among the forests as a way of getting around the trees. "You mean that laugh was you?"

He chuckled out of relief. His face lightened up as he looked at the familiar bi-colored eyes and fluffy white hair of his companion. "Why are you all the way out here? We're a bit ways from camp..." Perhaps something was troubling her? Or maybe she was waiting for him to get back from training? Heh, that's a thought. He smiled at her. It was no doubt that either way he was happy to see her.  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:54 am
Sin of Qurupeco

As Eresin came into view the hybrid let out a sigh of relief. At least I won't have to worry about a fight now. The faintest of smiles decorated her features as she finally let go of the ladder and dropped the last foot to the ground. All around them sprawled out the giant roots of the trees and the girl had to wonder - how was it that she even preferred the forest floor in the first place? Being up in the trees was truly her favorite area now...perhaps it was because they reminded her of the mountains in Zena? Up there you could see for miles and the skies on a clear night...were just breath taking.

"What?" The girl frowned and tilted her head, "Is it so strange to think that I can laugh?" She glanced away from the ice earthling in protest, "Why did it scare you?" She raised an eyebrow as she looked back to study him, "I suppose it might be a spooky place for a random laughter...but honestly we're in Jahaur so always expect something from the trees."

At least he seemed relieved to see her despite the girl's gruff exterior, "I was enjoying the stars. It's hard to find a good spot in the village , but out here the trees are less crowded and far quieter." A light flush decorated her cheeks. It wasn't like she was just daydreaming for no reason! Silva was out flying...but she didn't have to defend herself from Eresin, "You? Were you out doing some more training - all the way out here?" She gave a small smile, "I'd be careful if I were you - could easily run into a pack of wild radaku or something more sinister out here on your own."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:07 pm
Sabra Knight

Eresin chuckled at her teasing. He'd grown so accustomed to it, he knew it was her sense of humor. He also knew that she had no doubt in her mind that he was able to defend himself, but still, dangers are dangers. He nodded his head and said, "Mm, I'll be sure to be more careful. As for the reason..." He pointed the direction from where he came. "There's a nice place over here where I train. There's a waterfall, and even a cave behind the waterfall. It's quiet, and most importantly, no one comes there. I have to concentrate and I wouldn't want anyone or anything to get hurt while I'm hurling chunks of magic ice around."

Then Eresin heard a rumble in the distance and the night sky flashed white-blue. A storm...? "This could be a problem... The storm is coming from the direction of camp. We'll never make it before the downpour..." He gestured her to follow. Looks like it's back to the training grounds...  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:16 pm
Sin of Qurupeco

Talisia almost pouted. At least he could handle the idea of dangerous beasts with such a calm reply. Or perhaps I'm spending too much time with Kian. He does rather love getting a rise out of Eresin and others. Not that she enjoyed watching Eresin getting riled up! Especially with that flush and everything...It was just...ugh. Talisia would have smacked herself to get rid of the rambling thoughts if it wouldn't look insane.

"Out here?" Talisia glanced around - almost as if she could spot it through the trees, but it was still good enough to hide the flush on her own cheeks. "I suppose it wouldn't be so surprising considering out far away we are from everything out here." She actually laughed a bit at his commentary, "I suppose that wouldn't be the best idea. Can't really make friends if you're too busy whacking people in the head with ice." Strange, she could actually joke about magic now without completely freezing up - no pun intended. Spending time watching the boys train and seeing how they used magic in a decent...well at least Eresin did...manner helped her overcome her previous trauma.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sudden flash of light, "Oh yes." Talisia blinked slowly as she looked around them, "I knew I was forgetting something..." The girl almost protested before she found herself following after Eresin, "I don't think running away from camp will help us get there either!" She called out, but already the fat drops of rain were starting to pour down and with a rare squeak the girl found herself moving even more quickly after Eresin.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:05 pm
sabra knight

Eresin didn't much like the idea of heading away from camp, much less than getting caught in the rain, but a sense of foreboding held a knot in his stomach. He didn't want to risk anything in this weather, and the possibility of sickness loomed in the back of his mind. No thanks. If anything were to happen to her, I'd never forgive myself.

He soon realized that fat raindrops were becoming more frequent; The storm was movign faster than they could navigate the trees. Damn, I don't think we'll get there without getting wet... He huffed as he ducked under a branch and jumped down a small ledge. He turned to Tali and offered her a hand. "Come, we won't make it in time, but we can stay a little dry at least." He said with a half smile.  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:15 pm

The rain definitely was coming down now. Cursing softly under her breath, Talisia tried to start running alongside the mage. "I don't think we beat it!" She commented loudly as thunder cracked through the air around them. More and more rain was beginning to pelt now as waves of water began to cascade from the trees and ground around them. It was mushy and wet making Talisia wince lightly as she felt every squish beneath her boots. So-so gross!

As Eresin reached for her hands, Talisia smiled. "You promise?" Of course at the very moment her finger tips brushed against the mage's hand the ground below them seemed to think other wise. As the waves of water crashed around them Talisia felt something other than the squish of the ground below - rather a ground shaking feeling pushed the hybrid forward with a yell, "Eresin!"

The ground seemed to open up as a mouth beneath them and Talisia found herself swallowed as the earth moved. The last thing she could remember seeing was Eresin's hand as she desperately tried to reach out for him....

Thankfully her fall was more of a slide as the sinkhole opened up around them, but her leg still managed to twist during her struggle leaving her with a rather sore ankle when she would awake later along with a bump on the back of her head. Around them they would find a large cavern like setting with rain still dripping inside from the storm above, but the light was faint as the way back through was too far up to make it an easy climb. Yet, if someone glanced around they may see that the area was actually a hidden cave system that perhaps could have another exit should they explore...

Sin of Qurupeco
1-5 Very bad, 6-10 Bad, 10 - 15 Okay, 16 - 18 eh, 19 - 20 Good as rain

The ground opened up as the heavy rains caused a sinkhole to collapse leading the two into a cave system that stretches a bit beneath the forest area they were walking in. Could it lead to the cave he knew or is it something completely different? DUN DUN DUUUUN

=w= There done.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:58 pm
Sabra Knight

Eresin tried to grab onto something to o avail as they both fell into the sinkhole. He slid along the side of the hole and landed on his butt. "Ow..." He groaned as he rubbed the small of his back. He looked around as the rain continued to drench the two of them. He saw an opening to a cave of some sort, and the hole was too slippery to climb out of. Well, I guess this way is better than staying here... He looked at Talisia. "Are you okay?"

He passed a glance at her leg. It wasn't looking good. "Doesn't look like you can walk on your own with that injury." He slung her arm over his shoulder, and helped her up. "Come, Let's see where this goes. It's probably better than staying here..." At least, that was what he hoped.  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:27 am
Sin of Qurupeco

Her head spinning, Talisia groaned as she latched onto Eresin for support. "I should be okay in a few..." She mumbled though the pain that shot up her leg once she tried to put her foot on the ground begged to differ. Out of all things...why was it that she had to constantly rely on Eresin for support? Her gaze flickered over to her current 'crutch' and the girl just lightly flushed before hobbling alongside of him.

"Well, considering that if the rain is coming through..." Talisia bit her lip nervously, "I suppose it's better to move on than getting even more soaked." Though her clothing probably could use a good wash now with all the dirt and mud she had accumulated during their fall. "It's rather dark, Eresin." Peering forward she had to stop uncertainly as the tunnel seemed to continue on quietly ahead. Without the light from the opening behind them it was pitch black - a darkness she had never experienced before. Just glancing forward towards it sent a shiver down her spine as she unconsciously tightened her hold on the male.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:09 pm
Sabra Knight

Eresin used his free hand to feel their way through the tunnel. As they progressed through the darkness, he felt her grip tighter and closer to him. Is she... scared? "It doesn't matter... I'm here for you." He said aloud unknowingly. As the words escaped his lips, he felt his cheeks burn up and his heart started racing. Oh god, did I say that aloud? he thought to himself. He was thankful it was dark at least, that way his companion couldn't see him blushing.

As the sounds of the rushing rain started to fade, a new kind of rushing water sound started to fill the air. ...Waterfall...? The thought floated across his mind, but he couldn't see any signs of a waterfall. The more he thought of it, the more he realized that they were pretty close to the cave when they fell into the sinkhole. Was is possible that this lead to the same cave? It has to be. There aren't any other flowing rivers nearby, let alone waterfall caves. Eresin looked for a source of light but couldn't see, still. As he examined the wall, there was a small glint of light that caught his eye. "Oh! This wall leads to my training cave. I can feel it. I'm gonna put you down and blast the wall okay?" He asked her. Soon they would be able to rest.  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:22 pm
Sin of Qurupeco

Talisia felt her breath hitch as she touched something slimy along the wall. It's okay, it's alright...this is fine, just fine. She inhaled before Eresin's comment made her falter, "Of course! I mean how else can I stand right now?" She protested in an attempt to hide the fact that she had clung more to him out of fear rather than support.

A little bit further into the walk the girl had to admit that it was rather calming. Still, it wasn't right to be so dark! Even in the trees there were at least some forms of light that filtered through the tree tops, "Wait what?" Talisia blinked at Eresin's idea, "Won't that be too dangerous?" She attempted to stand on her own before wincing at the pain once more, "Can't you light this place up first so we can at least see what we're blasting through?" She had almost forgotten once again that her companion could a few tricks here and there thanks to magic.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:12 pm
Sabra Knight

After helping her down a safe distance away from the wall, Eresin aimed his staff at the hole in the wall. He took a deep breath and on the exhale, he let out a grunt. As he felt the air leave his lungs, glowing ice chunks shot from the gem of his staff at a blinding speed. As the ice met the tiny hole in the wall, the wall crumbled into a much wider opening, about the size of half of Eresin's body. Okay... One more. He aimed lower this time, that way he could open up a path they could easily walk over. Once again, inhaling and exhaling, he let more ice chunks fly to the remaining wall, crumbling it to the ground. What was left were dimly glowing ice chunks wedged into the floor and ceiling.

Eresin collapsed to one knee huffing. "Heh, I guess it was a bit much for an amateur mage like me..." He looked over his shoulder to her and smiled in a goofy fashion. "I just... Need to catch my breath." At least they had a place to make a fire now. He could definitely take comfort in that.  

Mr Glacial

Dedicated Hunter

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:23 am
Sin of Qurupeco

"Welp, so much for my idea." Talisia shook her head quietly as Eresin began to shatter ice against the wall. There was always something about the boys and being so destructive. She teased quietly though it was amazing to watch what both her brother and friend could do. "A bit? But you did good - looks like we can see ahead now." Despite her injured ankle Talisia hobbled forward so that she could check on Eresin.

"Are you truly okay?" She frowned as she placed a hand against his face, "I suppose so." Her fingers lingering the girl flushed before she lowered her hand to his shoulder, "I think we both need to catch our breath. Not like we'll be getting anywhere soon with that storm raging outside." Her gaze lingered over the faintly glowing ice chunks - despite everything that had happened in her past the more time she spent with Eresin, the more she was finding an appreciation for magic. It could at times be actually...beautiful.

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff