Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] For Treasure Lies Within [Invictus & Ouriel]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teh Cheryl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:46 pm
This is private roleplay between Invictus (Teh Cheryl) and Ouriel (Uta). Please do not post without permission.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:52 pm
'Oh dear. I am definitely lost. So so lost,' Invictus thought, stopping at the fork in the road. He looked to the right intently before swiveling his head to the left, willing one path to look familiar. 'Maybe...that way?' he considered, staring down the left fork. 'That tree with the weird knots on its trunk looked a little familiar? Maybe?' But he doesn't remember that other tree next to it with the yellow flowers at the base and he's sure he would remember yellow flowers cause those aren't the most common in the forest, right? Right?

Invictus let it a resigned sigh, his chest heaving and his black mane dipping to cover his eye. Oh bother. This is what he gets for wandering too far from their mountaintop. His father and Orion had been up to their usual antics today, and Invictus just didn't have the energy to try to fake a smile for his father. He knew if had stayed but not played with them, his father would spend all day worrying that Invictus was upset or lonely which just made Invictus feel worse that he was keeping his father from having a good time. Instead he had crept away when his father's back was turned and wandered down the opposite side of he mountain than was his usual getaway, hoping that the change in direction would help stave off pursuit.

Except. Well. These paths weren't near as well-traveled and the trees were a bit bigger which blocked out more light and he had just kept walking and walking and walking...

Invictus looked up mournfully, the bright blue summer sky fading quickly into purples and pinks with the setting sun. He could hear the crickets starting to chirp as the forest grew darker and darker with every passing minute. The dark didn't normally bother him, but he hated being in a new place after sunset--every little sound would set him off and fray his nerves just a little more. He shuffled nervously in his spot, still looking left and right and caught in his indecision.

'Uhhhh, left,'
Invictus finally decided, turning his head down his initial choice and trying not to think too much more about it. Left was probably the right way back home. Maybe. Hopefully. Ish.

Uta

Teh Cheryl

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:01 am
Teh Cheryl

Ouriel watched the stallion with amusement and much interest. As soon as the black and fire painted stallion had edged his way close to his territory, the birds and animals he kept as lookouts had quickly spread the news. It wasn't everyday strangers stumbled unknowingly into his lands -- and there was no doubt the forest and foothills were his -- and so, the dual-winged stallion had been quick to investigate. Those in his herd needed his protection -- additionally, his mother and sisters and brothers weren't far; they too, fell under his guard while his father was away -- that meant Ouriel would take no chances. Just because the preliminary report found little threat in Invictus, didn't mean that he was harmless. No, the black stallion understood the value of never judging a soquili by his or her appearance -- that was in part why his herd was needed, and why they needed him.

Too many ran out, abused, or attempted to kill others just because of their appearance, or because they did things differently. Too many soquili were harmed because they didn't fit into a certain mold -- and Ouriel wouldn't stand for it. It was why he took it upon his shoulders to defend those who couldn't defend themselves; the broken, the peculiar, the damned. His herd was small -- but he made sure to protect everyone who found sanctuary with him. After seeing how the world treated his beloved mother and brother; after he heard of how his sisters were scorned -- it was obvious his family needed his protection, his strength, his intelligence; they needed a defender to keep them from harm, and to fight for their way of life. Why should another be kicked out due to anger, or temper, or insanity? Those who ate meat deserved to hunt freely; those who ached for blood deserved their thirsts quenched. That was what Ouriel protected -- that was why Ouriel had been born.

Giving a small flick of his spiked tail, the red-haired stallion decided that it was time to meet this stranger. Perhaps the stallion was seeking them out -- while he didn't look like a fallen, that didn't mean he wasn't here searching for sanctuary. If he was a threat, well, Ouriel would find out soon enough -- his appearance alone often brought out the worst in others, and then he'd either have to break them of their ways, or run them off. Additionally,even if Invictus was just passing through . . . well . . . then clearly he'd need a steady hoof to guide him through. A service the stallion would readily give.

"It isn't everyday I find company so close to my lands," he called out, finally allowing his presence to be known. He kept most of himself hidden within the dusky shadows, not yet stepping fully out. His black eyes glinted from the last of the daylight, and his face spikes were not so easily hidden. "Lost, stranger? Or are you here for other reasons?" Like him. Ouriel certainly could appreciate anyone who was looking for him. Honestly, as far as he believed, everyone should be looking for him, needing him -- whether they realized it or not.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:23 am
'Maybe it was right,' Invictus thought, forlorn as he reached another fork in the road that looked completely unfamiliar this time. Sunlight was fading quickly, and the shadows of the trees elongated, twisting into garish and horrific figures that danced ominously in the wind. Invictus tried to stamp down the spike on anxiety that threatened to creep up, shuffling his feet as he fidgeted nervously. He finally stopped and sighed, his bright orange eyes looking upward at the sky and wishing, not for the first time, that he had wings. (The amount of freedom one would have...to be up and be only limited by the endless sky...)

He had to decide whether to continue searching for a path home all night or to find a safe spot to sleep. If he continued onward, he'd likely just find himself even further from home than he had previously--he would be walking almost blindly through the strange, new forest. 'But,' he thought, jumping a little but managing to suppress a yelp as a lone cricket chirped particularly loudly compared to its brethren, 'I doubt I could sleep even if I tried.'

When he did hear a voice, Invictus did squeak this time and the noise broke out loud and unseemly from his unwilling throat. He blushed hotly afterwards, embarrassed by his reaction before he could even turn to see who had spoken. He could feel his face heat up though and he ducked his head, letting his mane cover his eye in nervous habit. 'Why am I so awkward?' he bemoaned to himself.

He turned though, not wanting to be rude, to face the newest stranger. It took him a moment to pinpoint who had spoken, the stallion still half-hidden in the shadows of the forest. He could see the glint of eyes and what looked to be an impressive mane. Invictus felt his embarrassment grow deeper, desperately wishing that the earth could just swallow him up now. 'How long has he been there?' he wondered, his anxiety starting to trickle back in. He head ducked even further downward, his eyes completely obscured now by the thick black curtain of his mane.

"Urm," he said, his mind blank as he tried to figure out what to say.

'Has he been trying to get my attention for awhile? Did he try talking to me earlier and I didn't hear? I hope he doesn't think I was ignoring him. Stupid, stupid, stupid,' he berated. 'Say something! He asked you a question, you dolt.'

"U-urm," Invictus repeated, his voice coming out in stutter. "Lost. Definitely lost. Can you. Urm. Maybe point me in the right general direction to the mountain? If that's not too much trouble. Please?"

Uta

Teh Cheryl

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:46 pm
Teh Cheryl

The dual-winged and spike covered stallion was completely amused by this stranger. The black and orange colored stallion looked rather helpless, and perhaps even a touch pathetic -- for shame, really. Honestly, Ouriel wondered how the poor fellow had managed to get his way out this far in one piece! The way that the stallion seemed to stammer through his words, and the way his body language screamed uncertainty was almost charming. It was clear he was anxious, and Ouriel knew, within his heart of hearts, that the poor fellow needed him. It was something he was solidly convinced of with every soquili he met -- but it was truth. Just as the sun rose every morning, and set at night, so it was the world would be lost without Ouriel. All he needed to do was make sure this stranger knew it.

This phoenix painted stranger was no different from others he'd had the opportunity to meet. The world needed Ouriel to be strong for those who were weak, cunning for those who were stupid, and a voice for those who were silent. He was a protector through and through, and he filled a hole where many knew not of their emptiness. He was a great stallion . . . this stranger couldn't possibly know of his great fortune in running into Ouriel's lands.

A smile curved across his features, and he finally stepped out of the foliage. He was a large stallion, thanks to his double mutant heritage; he had more sense than some of his sisters, but an arrogance that must have come from his grandparents. He was confident, strong, and though he looked a monster -- and perhaps sometimes played the part -- he thought himself quite good. His spiked tail gave a slow swish as approached Invictus. "You're near the foothills, but the nearest pass is that way," he gave a small flick of his lower wing the direction Invictus had come. "There's no way you'll make it back before nightfall, and these roads can get a bit . . . dangerous. I know some that only come out at night to feed, and I'd hate for a gem like you to become their snack." Never mind that some of these monsters were under Ouriel's own care and protection.

"I would suggest that you stick with me for the time being?" Ouriel wasnt worried whether or not that sounded too forward. The night was closing in fast, and he didn't want the stranger to get too spooked. Honestly, there was nothing to fear from Ouriel... or so he liked to claim. "I can lead you back to the mountains first thing in the morning if you wish." While Ouriel was honest -- he had ever intention of guiding the lost soul to his final destination come morning -- he also knew that the night would provide a great many opportunities to see whether or not this lost beauty would realize what he never knew he needed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:41 pm
Invictus couldn't help but let his eyes widen as the stranger stepped out into the fast diminishing light. Invictus had long grown used to being the smallest stallion of the herd. Many of the mares were even taller than he was, having an extra few inches of height and length that he had lacked. He had no idea how he had grown so much smaller than his mother and father--even his sister had outstripped him in terms of growth. No one had ever brought it up, but it was just another thing that was on his list that made him worry and fret about where he belonged.

This stranger, cloaked in his black coat and long crimson mane, was so much larger than Invictus had though possible for a stallion to be. His father was one of the largest in their herd and this new stranger made Imperio seem as diminutive as Invictus often felt next to everyone else. The double-set of towering wings only added to made Invictus feel smaller than normal, but he couldn't help but feel a spark of envy as his eyes followed the line of feathers. Once again he felt the pang of wistfulness at the large, feathered appendages and wished that he could do nothing more than fly.

Finally taking in what the large stallion was saying though, his words made Invictus flush, his heart speeding up in mortification. He had gone the wrong way and not only that, he had been traveling in the exact opposite direction this entire time. Invictus wished he could find himself a hole to bury himself in--already had he shown himself to a perfect stranger as incompetent. Usually, he managed to think sardonically to himself, it takes more than thirty seconds for someone to realize I am an idiot.

At the mention of danger, Invictus felt the strike of panic run through him and edge of anxiety that had abated for most of the time coming back at full force. "I--umm," he stuttered out, unsure of what to do. On one hoof, he could try to tough it out through the night. Even as he contemplated this option, he could feel the panic cloud his thoughts, and the shadows took on a newer, more ominous feeling. Before, Invictus could have dealt in his ignorance at being alone for the night but now knowing that something was out there made his internal alarm set off in overdrive.

On the other hoof though, he really really did not want to impose on this stranger. He had already outed as an awkward idiot and the last thing he wanted to do was impose on someone's hospitality. Invictus was sure that they were just asking to be polite anyway; no one would really want to be saddled watching Invictus for the night when they surely did have something much more important to be doing.

But...then again, he shot another anxious glance at the dark, sinister looking forest...

"Um," he simply repeated, caught between wanting help and protection and not wanting to impose. "Um, maybe?" he answered, unable to help the answer coming out as a question. "As long as you aren't going to going out of your way? I wouldn't want to take up anymore of your time because I'm sure you have much better things to be doing than taking care of a stranger." He ducked his head again, abashed and nervous at his intrusion.

Uta

Teh Cheryl

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces