Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:59 pm
[Evil Spaghetti] Raven Lord Basket Contest

Just like my last raven lord giveaway these baskets are guaranteed to have three sets of wings.

The Raven Lord line is precious to me and I want to make sure Apocrypha's baby will wind up in the right home. I am only looking for thread regulars. People who entered in my previous raven lord contest may have a leg up. While I love newbies and lurkers I want to see this family go to folks who are active, visible, and interested in more than looks.

Opens When the last post says GO.
Closes Thursday, June 2nd, 2016 (11:59 PM EST - One minute before midnight.)

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:00 pm
The Parents

User Image

Mother - owned by one over three.

The meaning of Apocrypha's name
Apocrypha is a Lucifer descendant, a line with names that frequently reference the bible. (Biblical names are NOT required. It's entirely up to you guys!) Her father was named after the apocryphal book of Enoch, and so, it only seemed to make sense to continue the theme for his daughter. Since the Apocrypha are books outside the canon, Allide's wish for her daughter was to possess a cunning when it came to speech, manipulation, and deception. (( For anyone who might be wondering, no Allide doesn't know what the bible is. The wish represented and the name used do not have to make sense for the internal canon of soquili. So long as the name makes sense to you then hops in logic for the character to have come up with it can be considered just part of translation from soquili language to english. ))

Character
Apocrypha prides herself on her silver tongue and ability to spin lies in seamlessly with reality. Even those who know her well enough to expect a lie will often have difficulties digging out the truth. Meat is her primary source of food, and while she's happy to hunt wild game she has been known to occasionally take down another soquili to secure a meal.

Her brief union with Adramalech was one formed in the heat of the moment and only because he didn't simply fall to her fangs. His presence in the distance hasn't gone unnoticed but so long as he keeps that distance she's been willing to dismiss it. As her children grow and begin learning to control their inheritance she'll be more willing to allow them to interact with their father.

Father - Owned by Nayci.

Adramalech has always been considered a jerk by trade. A dark and foreboding presence, using his bulk and his words to lull his prey into a sense of cold terror. A pure fire ulun’suti, Adramalech prides himself on his fiery abilities, and the sheer power that fire brings. It has the power to create life and take that life away in an instant. Adramalech takes that theme to heart. He wants to bring the truth about fire to the soquili lands, show others that hellfire will never be contained, and it should be both feared and revered to an almost religious degree. Since the birth of his first children Adramalech has kept a respectful closeness and distance from his shadowy Raven Lord partner, curious to see their children’s development, and harbors a silent, deep rooted pride that the seeds of fire are starting to spread.

Adoptive mom #2 - Owned by Tirokio

Allide's Mini love mate. She doesn't exist yet because 1/3 can be slow as balls with his art. xAx' She's a loving individual who sees the best in everybody, even those who probably don't deserve it. Like Apocrypha. Who at one point carried her off planning on eating her, but fell in love instead.

Any true kindness in these children will likely be a result of everybody's favourite tiny puffball.

one over three

Feline Cat

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:00 pm
Immediate Relatives
Enoch's Family Tree
Click 'Find' then choose Enoch from the drop down list.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The meaning of Lumina's name
Allide's wish for Lumina was that she would be a beacon of light for the currently divided and scattered Raven Lords. Contrary to tradition Lumina opted to change their name from the feminine Lumina and instead become Guntram, meaning war raven. Guntram is currently the only raven lord to have permission to seek dread class, so it's possible that in time they may wind up filling both names better than anyone could have expected.

Grandparents
Grandmother
User Image

The meaning of Allide's name
Allide's name is a bit of a corruption of the latin allidere which means to hit, beat, or stomp. Her mother's wish for her was to be strong enough to smash her foes. The tiny Allide hasn't entirely lived up to her mother's wish though, as she chose a life of stealth and cunning over one of brute force.

Character
Allide is an assassin/Mercenary, working for whomever will pay for her, though if she feels that it is the right thing to do she will protect someone. Her Raven, Auchindoun, acts mostly as an advance scout, gathering information, but he will attack along side her when it is necessary.

Currently, Allide is traveling with Daenerys not only out of Respect but because she feels there is a decent potential for steady work.

She will be raising her children while traveling with this group.

Grandfather
User Image

Enoch is a rather unstable stallion and will not make any effort to contact his children, and may not ever learn they were born.

He tends to approach new people and those he respects with a very cautioned puppy like attitude. He can be quite oblivious to how others may perceive things he thinks of as normal and will often scare people unintentionally. He rarely turns violent without prodding from his familiar, the Little Shadow, who may urge Enoch on to attack or behave unusually if the Little Shadow feels threatened or is just bored and wants some amusement.

Allide's Distant Relations
Distant relations indeed.
Anzu is related to Allide only by their mutual descent from the same herd. While they do have a common ancestor, it is most likely a great-great-great-great-great-grandmother or grandfather. They are well outside the six degrees of separation on the family tree required for breeding and currently don't know or interact with each other in the soq universe.

While Allide tends to behave in a morally neutral manner, Anzu is closer to your typical evil type.

User Image
Anzu is a bit of a alpha male macho type. Very full of himself with more brawns than brains. His raven, Branwen, influences many of his opinions. This includes his belief that females are inherently worth more than males. He will actively seek and destroy any unrelated males who enter his territory.

User Image
User Image
User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:01 pm
The Culture

Raven Lord is the name for individuals descended from a herd that was powerful a long, long time ago. They now rarely form groups outside of family units, and most wander from place to place with their raven companions.

The mask is a sign of honour and skill which can be granted to the Raven Lord by anyone they hold in high esteem. It may not be made for one's self, nor can it be granted for no reason. A Raven Lord who wears a false mask is committing the worst offence still honoured by all Raven Lords.

Flightless Raven Lords are a thing to be pitted as they can't soar with the partners that give them their names. For this reason it's rare that a Raven Lord would breed with a wingless partner. Should this happen, any flightless children born of the union will still be honoured with the title, but will almost never obtain a mask of their own.

Ravens are believed to have been the first creatures to be blessed by the spirits. Thus receiving higher intelligence and cunning than any other animal. Those who partner with them are above all others, even if they are not members of the Raven Lord line.

Names given to Raven Lords by their parents reflect what the strengths they hope their children will have. These are often not literal, and names can have more than one meaning behind them. Names can be metaphorical or even just include sounds which carry some meaning to the parent.

Foals only become Raven Lords if they are raised by the Raven Lord parent. If a foal is born to a Raven Lord then is raised by anyone outside of the culture then they lose their birthright and will only ever have access to it again if they formed a permanent mateship with a fully realized Raven Lord. An individual from the Raven Lord line may choose to adopt a foal, and raise it as a full blooded Raven Lord so long as this child was adopted as an infant (basket stage).

The Classes

Raven Speaker - This class is made up of two types of Raven Lords. They are not looked down upon by their peers, but they are individuals who for one reason or another failed to form a tight knit bond with their primary raven. Most often Raven Speakers are individuals who weren't born to a Raven Lord line but instead formed a permanent mateship with a Raven Lord. The second type consists of those individuals who were born into a Raven Lord line, but were unable to form any close bond with their raven. This is most likely to happen to individuals trying for the Conspiracy class or the Dread class as these types focus heavily on things besides one's own Raven. Dedicated and Primordial classes are not immune to this, but they may still fail to bond with their companions.

Dedicated Class -
This is the most likely class for these children. Most Raven Lords choose to follow the path of the Dedicated Class. This class allows them more freedom to explore and wander. Allide is a dedicated raven lord. She forms a tight bond with a single bird. Dedicated types grow to know their companions so well that they can accurately predict what their companion will do most of the time. Currently Allide and Anzu's daughters.

Primordial Class -
This is the most likely class for these children. A Primordial Raven lord has only one raven, but also has some form of magic. Suti and Uni mixes will most likely be Primordial. The main difference between a Primordial Raven Lord and a Dedicated Raven lord is that the Primordial can't focus all of their attention on their raven as they also need to spend time learning to use their powers.

Conspiracy Class - Any raven lord that gathers together a large flock of ravens. They achive this by bonding with an alpha raven and by helping their bonded companion build him or herself a flock. If a flock member bonds to a soquili they leave their parent flock.
This class is usually chosen by dominant types who wish to hold large territories, which is necessary to maintain the large number of ravens in a Conspiracy Class' flock. The most common strategy for this class is to either put emphasis on sheer strength and overwhelm any opponent with numbers.
Anzu is currently the only example of the Conspiracy Class.

Dread Class -
This is a restricted class. Do not choose this class without first talking to one over three. Dread Raven Lords are the herd leaders of Raven Lord society. Rather than focusing on a bond with a raven, Dread Raven Lords focus on leading other Raven Lords. Just being the head of a group of Raven Lords is not enough here. Their primary concern (and the primary concern of their raven familiar if they have one) is the Raven Lords who follow them.
A Dread Raven Lord may start out as any of the three above classes (Dedicated, Conspiracy, or Primordial). This is the only class where having a raven companion is optional.

Abhorrent Class - Some Raven Lords may eventually choose to seek out corpse powder and form and join as one with their partner raven. Individuals who succeed are seen as simultaneously perfect, yet also loathsome. Reasons to seek this class differ vastly, but some may be seeking to hold onto a deathly sick partner, others may have gone insane long before starting their quest. The one thing they all have in common is that both Raven and Raven lord go on the quest together.

Resplendent Class - Abhorrent Raven Lords who have received an angeni charm can become Resplendent. This is not an automatic title and it has to be earned. The ideal Resplendent Raven Lord is one who has been cursed, then was able to regain their original personality, or better yet a personality that is a mix of their original self, and their raven companion. This fusion does not need to be moral or good. So long as the curse doesn't dominate their personality then they are often considered Resplendent.

The Awaited - Ravens and Raven Lords who's partner has passed away. Often Awaited ravens will most often seek out a Conspiracy Class Raven Lord and join their flock. Awaited Raven Lords will most likely either seek out a Dread Lord and join them, or seek somewhere quiet to raise chicks for future generations in peace.

Lords of the Depths -
This Class is not an option for these baskets. When the first branch broke off to breed with kelpies the new children began to realize that their ravens were unhappy spending too much time at sea. While the first kelpi Raven Lords still bound themselves to birds, later generations adopted octopuses as their companion of choice. Eventually the octopuses came to be recognized as fit companions by the herd at large. Even so long after the original herd has broken down Raven Lords across the world still recognize their underwater kin as true and equal Lords. These days kelpies and mer who are born to the tradition always use octopuses as their companion. A Lord of the Depths can be any class that a land based Raven Lord could be.

The Ophidian Sect -
This Class is not an option for these baskets. The Ophidian Sect consists of individuals who were born into the tradition but are land dwelling and lack wings. As they are ill suited for raven or octopus companions they have chosen instead to pair with serpents. Seeking to prove their worth despite the fact that they've shunned the traditional roll of Speaker, they've taken to caves and caverns far beneath the earth where octopods and ravens can't go.

While they are not currently accepted as Lords by their peers they are staying true to their path and one day may earn the respect they deserve.

one over three

Feline Cat

one over three

Feline Cat

The Baskets

User Image
Fenemun - one over three
Male
The Meaning of Fenemun's Name
Corruption of Penemue a fallen angel from the book of Enoch.

The wish would be for him to be more intelligent than those who oppose him. To be able to see the flaws in their plans, and the week spots where he could attack.

User Image
Shemihazah - Nayci
Male
The Meaning of Shemihazah's Name
Shemihazah is a fallen angel from the book of Enoch.

Demon name, like his dad. Leader of fallen angels. Basically Apocrypha's wish for him would be two fold be to master his magic, and that his sons would be giants.

User Image
??? - ???
Male

I will do my best to help winners get a raven partner for their basket. If you wish you may turn down the familiar to seek one of your own from customs. If you turn down the choice of familiars now please do not pair this fellow with anything besides a raven.

To Enter

User Name: required
Name: required.
Reasoning for name: required. Raven lord names are wishes for their children and say a lot about what a parent hopes for a child.
Temper: optional, you may change this if you win.
Are you an active RPer?: Please answer honestly. Saying no here isn't an automatic DQ.
Are you willing to continue the Raven Lord tradition?: Please answer honestly. Saying no here isn't an automatic DQ.
----------------
Personality: required, please keep it brief.
Plot Ideas: not required.
----------------
Choose your own entry: required.
This can be filled any way you wish. So long as it communicates something about the character you want to try and build then it's acceptable. There's no point for creativity here, just use the medium that works best for you.

[b]User Name[/b]:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Reasoning for name[/b]:
[b]Temper[/b]:
[b]Are you an active RPer?[/b]:
[b]Are you willing to continue the Raven Lord tradition?[/b]:
----------------
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]Plot Ideas[/b]:
----------------
[b]Choose your own entry[/b]:

one over three

Feline Cat

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:02 pm
Previous Raven Lord Contests

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:02 pm
FAQ

Q: I have an idea, but it doesn't fit in well with the family. Can I still enter?
A: Yes. While I do have ideas of what I would like to see I am always willing to consider alternate ideas. Sometimes they work better than the original plan!

Q: I still really like the personality I entered last time. Can I use it again?
A: Feel free to use personalities made for that, or any previous contest. As long as you feel it fits then you're welcome to use it.

Q: Choose your own entry:
(Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming you want an RP entry of some sort for him.)?

A: Anything goes. It's 100% up to anyone entering how they enter. The only requirements are that something needs to be communicated about the character. If I look at what I'm given and I don't feel like I've gotten anything out of it then it's probably not going to be ranked super high on my list. (I'm not the only judge, but I'll leave it to Nayci to talk about what she values.)

Pretty prose or a pretty picture for the sake of being pretty won't be very highly valued by me. Neither will be going out of the box on an entry method just for the sake of being different. Someone could put on a puppet show and unless it met my one requirement it wouldn't score any extra points.

:3 Really I just want folks to enter how THEY feel most comfortable entering.

I'm ok with people changing their entries up until the time the contest closes. If you do though if you could put the original entry in spoilers I'd appreciate it. It won't be a strike against you! It's just that if someone's idea for a character shifts or changes it would be really neat to look and see how.

Q: Does mental illness run in the family? Can I use it as a plot device for my character?
A: The short answer is, no, it doesn't; and yes, you can.

Let me explain. First off, there is a lot of mental illness in my family. Pop culture understandings of mental illnesses are often wrong at the very best and damaging at the very worst. If you choose to use mental illness or really any disability as a plot device then please either research and understand it before going in, or simply make it a fictional or unlabelled condition. RP can be a powerful tool for understanding. Please give it some thought.

Rules
1. Be good to each other. Please don't be a sore loser or go around mentioning non-stop about how you want to win or how you're most likely going to lose.
2. No part of the entry is valued higher than any part. I'm looking for someone who interests me as an RP or plotting partner.
3. You may edit your post up until the thread is locked.
4. Do not reserve posts to be filled in later. If you do this you will be DQed even if you fill it in later.

one over three

Feline Cat

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:03 pm
GO!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:46 pm
User Name: Tiger_Kisa699
Name: Black Heart
Reasoning for name: Being the darkest of the three boys, he was named Black Heart so as to always remember how beautiful he was and how good of a Raven Lord his mother hopes he could be when hes older.
Temper: Erratic
Are you an active RPer?: yes
Are you willing to continue the Raven Lord tradition?: yes very much so
----------------
Personality: He is bipolar to be putting it nicely. He can be soft spoken and calm one moment and then have a fiery temper the next and lash out to attack someone who upsets him over the smallest thing. He likes to learn, likes to find new things and explore but hes not the best at making friends along the way. He moves around often, not liking the idea of being in one area too long. He will grow bored or restless at the idea of it. He does not like the idea of only being in one area for the rest of his life.

When he meets someone new as long as hes not in a bad mood he doesn't mind meeting them. He doesn't talk a lot but he will gladly meet someone new if they are nice enough. But meeting someone new while hes in a bad mood is usually going to end with him hurting or attempting to hurt them. He talks more when hes angry or in a bad mood. He says not nice things to anyone, family or not, when hes upset. The only one he would not say mean things to or try to hurt would be his raven.
Plot Ideas: I for see wanting to get several fights in for him. I want to have a good mix of good mood RP's and Bad mood RP's. I'd like for him to have several meetings with others all over the area and not all of them good.

Why are you doing that?-Id like to have him come upon some others fighting(Any kind of any breed) and be in a good mood and not know why they are fighting. If he gets pulled into the fight he would join it and suddenly be in a bad mood now. But he doesn't know how to feel about other Soquili's mood changes.

Your kinda cute-meetings with potential breeding partners. Hes only going to be interested in winged partners. He would not find anyone with out wings attractive at all. He loves his Raven Lord heritage and would want to stick with his duties as a Dedicated as much as possible. He is for sure someone who would be more interested in those of complimentary color to himself and his family then to anyone who clashes in color. He would not be against collecting many females who would bring worthy children into the Raven Lord circle.

Leave her alone!-
It would be nice to have him fight to defend his raven if something(A bird Skinwalker maybe) tried to attack it. So an RP with something like that happening would be interesting as well to me.
----------------
Choose your own entry:
(Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming you want an RP entry of some sort for him. For this his Raven would be female and I'll name her Shadow Heart.)

Black Heart had spent a good long time wandering the northern forests just south of the mountains, looking around for new things. He had only set out after being old enough to move around and leave his other several months ago and this was his first trip out away from any one he had grown up knowing. All he had was Shadow Heart and her comforting presence near him at all times. She was a comfort to him when he had his bad moods, and being in new areas he did find he had bad moods more often then not.

Meeting new calmer Soquili was often ok but he had found a few less then happy Soquili and he had already had a scuffle or two with some of them. Had already chased off a few of the ones who could not handle his own skills or his terrible temper when he could be mad. He did not hold back when upset. He uses feet and teeth and wings to lash out at any and all who upset him when hes mad. He did not stop with anyone unless they left his view long enough for him to calm down.

Forgetting that he had been mad at them in the first place he would not be angry with someone he had previously met and been mad with unless they reminded him about it or mad him mad over something else. He had met few since setting out but enough to have several fights and enough to have made what could be called a friend or two. He didn't think much of them but he didn't hate the ones who had been nice to him. Shadow was very good at letting him know when they were getting close to someone new. She remembered those he had met and knew to remind him if he had met someone before. Being erratic at heart he was very good at forgetting most anyone, even ones who would be his friends.

"Shadow Heart are we nearing some water? A drink would be nice." he said as he looked up at her as she flew low down above him. She tilted enough to look at him and then flew up higher to look above him. She circled around and then lowered again.

"This way." she said softly as she angled their path to the east a little bit and he turned to follow. Even though he could fly and loved it he wanted to meet others, good and bad, and he met more others walking. And how could he know anything about the lands if he didn't walk them and only saw them from above. It told him nothing about new lands. To move further then walking required he would fly but being that everything he saw was new to him he wanted to walk it and see everything there was.

Getting to a small river coming down from the mountain he watched as Shadow settled on a tree above the water and watched everything around her. He went to the water and lowered his head, drinking from it, and then lifting his head to look all around as he stretched his wings wide and lifting his chin to look across the sky and over the mountains around them. What did he want to do with his life? What did he want to think on and be as he grew into his adult mind, his adult way of life. Did he wish to wander around forever or eventually go back home to be closer to his mother? He would think on that last part but he knew for sure that he wished to see more, know more, and find more things in the world that could be interesting to him. It would all be interesting but he liked the idea of the good and bad interactions. The possibility of a good fight or a good friend to make drew him out to the wilds and had him wanting to explore more and more the longer he stood still.  

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Marathon 300

Rinial Sisterdragon

Mythical Sex Symbol

23,100 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:57 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:14 pm
User Name: magnadearel
Name: Tlilpotonqui
Reasoning for name: Nahuatl name meaning "feathered in black."
Temper: Thoughtful
Are you an active RPer?: I do have an rp going, but I am slow and need pokes.
Are you willing to continue the Raven Lord tradition?: Yes! It sounds like it would provide good plots.
----------------
Personality: Tlilpotonqui likes to think of himself as the silent shadow no one see or notices until too late. He loves to move quietly and sneak upon the unsuspecting. He'll drift over to listen to what others are talking about for tidbits to use for his advantage. It gives him a thrill to startle others as a foal; he'll use his skill toward getting what he wants as an adult. He adores his dark mother and is glad he takes after her.

Wingless soq and in part non-Raven Lords will be met with a touch of disdain. He's a bit on the arrogant side, and proud of his strong heritage. If push came to shove, he'd stand up or be there for his family if they needed him. He will tend to wander, but he'll always come home to roost.
Plot Ideas:
- Possibly feels inferior (privately) to his brothers and plans to one up them by collecting a whole flock of ravens leading him to the conspiracy class.
- He will favor black or dark colored ravens
- A soq insults his family and he fights for his honor.
----------------
Choose your own entry:
Tlilpotonqui reminded himself to breath slow, but deeply. An ill-timed breath could stir the leaf that gave him away. The dark foal was currently attempting to sneak up on his mother. Maybe he should have realized that after the first couple of times of having her dark son jump out at her, she'd be on guard and he should wait. Instead he snuck a step closer; he exaggeratedly took a long step over a twig to avoid breaking it. It was amazing just how many darn twigs were lying around! Not to mention how many it was easy to step on when trying to be silent.

He glanced around to locate his target and calculate the projected path to get to her. His rump gave a quiver of excitement on how close he was getting. Surely he'd succeed this time! Tlilpotonqui inched closer. He was so busy watching where he stepped and the path he needed to take to realize that his cover was getting scarcer. Just as he realized that he was in the open, a wide black wing came at him. He went tumbling nose over tail back into the brush he'd come out of.

A whinny of frustration escaped as he came to a stop. The foal picked himself up and gave a vigorous shake to remove dirt, twigs, and leaves from the pelt. Now he was dirty. Maybe he'd have better luck stalking his brothers.  

magnadearel

elufae
Crew

Adventuring Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:21 pm
User Name: Valkymie
Name: Morgannimh
Reasoning for name: Inspired by the Morrigan, and by irish word for poison
Temper: Morose
Are you an active RPer?: I was on a long hiatus, so I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. Even got an RP up with someone I RP'd with before my hiatus. Hope to have more up soon!
Are you willing to continue the Raven Lord tradition?: Absolutely, it all sounds so interesting!! I want to meet all the Raven Lords * u*
----------------
Personality: Seemingly aloof and solemn, many would dismiss Morgannimh as just another broody stallion. He thinks himself inferior to his relatives, with nothing defining him as much as his mother's flawless lies, or his father's fiery passion. Instead, all he has going for him is a love for ravens. A healthy interest befitting one born to a Raven Lord, but also something that's expected of one. This fascination of his gives him purpose though, he feels, and he wishes to join the ranks of the Conspiracy class. To be surrounded by those sacred birds...nothing would please him more.

His ability to love is not restricted to just ravens, however. Morgannimh is surprisingly affectionate and kind despite his dour attitude and dark appearances. It must be the effect of a certain usdia that helped raise him. If it weren't for her, he might never have developed the desire to reach out and bond with others.

This kindness is not infinite or freely given however. It's something that must be...achieved. Something seen only by those he believes worthy of it. And those who have not proven themselves? They are simply nothing to him. Those who wrong him? He'll harbor a seething grudge against those, but he's all caw and no claw, so to speak. Hatred will only get you so far, as Morgannimh would rather not get into a physical conflict with anyone unless he has to.

Plot Ideas:

A simple kindness: Morgannimh interacting with his adoptive mother, as she teaches him the simple pleasures of being kind. At first, he doesn't understand it, he outright rejects it. What's the point? Where's the worth in going out of one's way to be kind? But after a while it dawns on him that sometimes...kindness comes naturally to him. Perhaps he's been spending too much time with the usdia, but as he grows, he finds himself opening up to her and other members of his family. Showing kindness, and affection. And...feeling a sense of satisfaction from it, as well.
Father: Finally meeting his father, Morgannimh seems... whelmed. Seeing him from afar always made him feel like his father was this fearful entity, and up close he's much the same. Someone that makes Morgannimh feel nervous, inferior. But at the same time, he doesn't feel like he's become more after their meeting. He doesn't understand his preaching about hellfire, and feels like a disappointment to his father because of that. Despite that, he doesn't go out of his way to try and understand it either. Live and let live...But perhaps his father will help him realize his passion for ravens is good enough in his eyes?
Conspiracy Bust: While Morgannimh strives to join the Conspiracy class, he's not quite cut out for it. He's not assertive enough, not dominant enough...not strong enough to do it. He fails time and time again to bond to an alpha raven. It seems no one can console him...But eventually he does form a bond to a raven. Not an alpha. But in the end, it's enough for him. And he joins the ranks of the Dedicated.
Awaited: Well into adulthood, tragedy strikes Morgannimh. His raven partner, the bird he was so dedicated to. The bird who was like his shadow, like another part of himself. His raven falls ill... Morgannimh is willing to do anything to save her. He searches high and low for medicines, trying any and all. He even considers using corpse powder, out of desperation. Going so far as to actively seek it out. But before he can get his hands on any. She dies. He wakes up one morning to a lifeless corpse. And is broken. He feels numb, like he has no purpose, no worth anymore. It will take another Raven Lord to show him that he can still have meaning as an Awaited. That he can honor his raven's memory by raising chicks. Perhaps those chicks will find Raven Lords who will love them as much as he loved his. That hope drives him to continue on in life. He's not ready to meet his partner in the next one just yet.
----------------

Choose your own entry: (Set after the last plot point above)

Morgannimh lay in the cool grass, sheltered by the calming shadows of a grand tree. His eyes ,half-lit, peered out from the darkness that grew as the sun set. A young Raven Lord, a lordlette perhaps, approached him warily. He's had a few seek him out already, eager to bond with a raven of their own. Some he'd even turned away. They simply were not worthy of the ravens he'd reared, and would have to find their avian companions elsewhere.

But this one seemed different. She had manners for one thing, introducing herself politely. But her voice was more that just polite...it was almost reverent. She looked him with awe, and when he folded back his wings to reveal several juvenile ravens, her awe shifted to the birds. Her eyes were wide, as she held her breath. Morgannimh studied her in turn, with a similar fascination. One of the smaller ravens hopped over to her, flapping its wings as if getting used to the idea of flight. The two of them, Raven Lord and Raven, seemed to converse with gaze alone.

He hadn't seen something like this since....well since he was a child himself. Her fascination with Ravens was invigorating. A breath of fresh air. And he didn't notice the faint smile on his lips as he watched the two of them.

Morgannimh couldn't help but imagine the beautiful bond these two would share.

Omen would be proud. He mused, as his thought shifted to his partner, gone beyond. She always had a soft spot, that bird.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:37 pm
User Name: xKOVKAtheWOLFx
Name: Tenebignis
Reasoning for name: tenebris (dark) ignis (fire) in Latin
Temper: reserved
Are you an active RPer?: no
Are you willing to continue the Raven Lord tradition?: yes
----------------
Personality: Tenebignis is a quiet fella, more of the "watch from the sidelines" type of guy. He is terrified of his father, never wanting to obtain his father's powers and chooses to remain close to Apocrypha and the rest of the Ravens.
Plot Ideas:
- find an actual raven familiar to bond with
- he's distant from his father, and in time we'll see if they get closer, or more distant?
- he's going to be part of the dedicated class
----------------
Choose your own entry:
To find one of his own. To find one of his own. Te was just a foal still, but he know of the traditions of his kind so well. He was going to be in the dedicated class, and with this, he'd have to have a raven of his own. One whom could get along with him, but also travel with. The colt trotted away, for his father was coming around to visit the family; he did not like him that much. He began to wander forth, watching as the dread and conspiracy classes gathered. Oh well. He would never be one of them. He was content with his destined path. But to find a raven of his own.

He passed warden to warden, but they were rabbits, not ravens. Where were the ravens? Oh, trees! Te hardly knew how to fly, yet was he yet confident in himself. Hmm. The colt flapped his wings in attempt to fly. . .  

xKOVAKtheWOLFx
Crew

Trash

Niyaru Delacroix
Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:39 pm
User Name: Niyaru Delacroix
Name: Erebus
Reasoning for name: The perceived meaning of Erebus is "darkness"; the first recorded instance of it was "place of darkness between earth and Hades."
Erebus was called the personification of darkness and shadow. Born from Chaos and Night (Nyx)
Information found here and here
Basically I chose Erebus because when I look at the basket and the parents, I literally think of chaos, fire and darkness. Erebus seems to fit the little basket perfectly to me.
Temper: Calculating
Are you an active RPer?: I used to be and I'm trying to get back to being an active RPer.
Are you willing to continue the Raven Lord tradition?: Absolutely!
----------------
Personality: As an adult Erebus will be quite debauched (leading others away from virtue, excellence and/or corrupt them by sensuality.) Depending on his mood, he can be a little decadent (decadent in the way that he becomes pleasing and attractive to those who also have low morals). However, he has his moments where he gives in to his desires and becomes self-indulgent. He can become callous and apathetic in regards to others when this occurs. He won't care about their problems or concerns nor will he show emotion around them. Erebus can put up an act or facade to lead you to a false sense of security. He never cares about what your needs, thoughts or desires are/will be.

It could be anything from corrupting someone's ideas or someone all together. He is something that should be feared but at the same time he is also resolute and venturesome when it comes to his family. He is very determined and dedicated to his family, not afraid to take any risk that reveals itself. His calculating judgment goes out the door if someone in his family is involved. He becomes impetuous and acts on emotion rather than careful thought. Erebus is undaunted by his way of things, how he reacts to family and others. He is one way around his family and another way around others. Those that he is not close to doesn't deserve his loyalty or bravery. If he is in a humorous mood, he will tease and mock his victim(s). He is not above or below harming or killing another just for entertainment. He will walk right past you in a crisis, join in or just as well leave you lost in the woods.

Plot Ideas: Ohhh the plots!
--Family plots are always a must--
--I would love for him to be able to meet someone who challenges him and his view point--
--Maybe acting on emotion rather than though gets him hurt / injured one day?--
---Lots of rp to have him grow as a character not just with family but other soquili as well--
I do better with plots and ideas after having a few rps and more of a handle on the personality/ character.
----------------
Choose your own entry:

Erebus walked around clumsily trying to follow after Apocrypha though in his eyes she was his mother shadow. A wispy form that moved elegantly but had a harsh bite if you did wrong. His favorite thing to do was to hide inside her wings at night and sleep. It felt like he was embraced by darkness itself, warm and safe. If he was ever frightened, all he had to do was look around in the darkness and find her piercing white glow. It was a comfort to see white light in the darkness when he needed it most.

As days gone by he became more curious about his wispy mother, Apocrypha and just what he could do. He'd asked her a lot of questions but had no idea if any of the answers were true or not. Why would he have any reason to believe they were false answers? He had no idea if he had magic or how to find out. He was a little disappointed that he didn't have the answers he wanted. Erebus went back to Apocrypha and asked her more questions, seemingly getting on her nerves. After another round of questions and still no answers he gave up and asked her about his raven.

Forget magic!! His spirit was lifted with only a few words spoken. To find out that he will have his own raven when he is older made him excited and anxious. Why did time have to go by so slowly?! He ran around her legs with his new found energy. But then he stopped and looked at her again with confusion. "Wait, can you tell me more about our family?" He gave her a big grin and settled down in front of her, ready to hear more about how great their big family is and how much bigger it is going to be with he and his brothers.

User Name: Niyaru Delacroix
Name: Repha'im
Reasoning for name: When I saw it something clicked inside my head. I googled it further from the names of the Nephilim and remembered that in the house of night novels the raven mocker shares the same name.
Temper: Calculating
Are you an active RPer?: Not at the moment but I hope to change that again!
Are you willing to continue the Raven Lord tradition?: I would like to!
----------------
Personality: He has an unwavering loyalty to his family, willing to do anything that is asked of him no matter the consequence. He will blindly and faithfully do anything he is told or asked to do, he doesn't need a reason as to why it needs to be done. Rephaim is self-confident, can be very manipulative and unsympathetic towards his targets or innocents. He is quite caring and protective of his family even if he doesn't really show it. Reph is strategic with his plans and calculating in his actions. He doesn't want to fail and risk disappointing his family in any way. He tries to display that he is more powerful and superior.
Plot Ideas:
--Ticktock ticktock:: This might be cliche but I think this is a good one. Somehow he falls in love with a mare (this will have to be one heck of a mare) but its not your classic love story, not by far. Perhaps they have children, maybe they don't, it could be discussed. But ultimately what I'd like to happen would be for him to essentially be 'tossed' aside for well loving her.
This will start the time bomb that is going to go off inside of him at some point.
--It's not safe here:: Filled with rage he basically goes on a murderous / violent spree. He doesn't care who/what he injures, kills, destroys or what chaos he brings.
--Your mine:: To put it plainly he will become lecherous and possessive of mares he finds attractive. (think stalker, harem, etc) He doesn't even think twice about manipulating mares. He will feel like it is a necessity to have females in his life and if he isn't with one, he is extremely cranky and its not safe to be alone with him.
--Salvation?:: Someone has to stop his madness right? Will there be a shred of sanity left of the poor stallion? Perhaps he could meet a god or goddess that he could worship / praise or learn from. He needs to discover something to fill his need for mares and end his rage.
--Road to nowhere:: He explores various opportunities and activities to try and discover something to ease his pain and guilt that has started to appear.
--Road to redemption::To make up for all of the bad he has done, he is to set out on a journey of sort with someone possibly? Aid those in need instead of leaving them alone in the forest if they are lost, leaving them to die of blood loss if they are wounded, etc.
--Elderhood:: This would be an amazing ending sort of plot for him I feel, he will have a lot of transformations to go through from being someone whose family devoted, doing anything without needing a reason or feeling guilt to being someone who has surpassed madness and blood lust. A stallion who wants to redeem himself, maybe even give others a second chance when no one else will, and create a haven / herd of sort that could be a sort of traveling change for those who need it.
--Don't deserve it:: I believe he will possibly help others have children instead of settling down and having some of his own due to the fact that he had so many the wrong way. He doesn't believe he is deserving of a family and love anymore because of how he treated others. No matter what he has done or how much he will do, he doesn't think he should have the right to be able to love someone. In fact its almost as if he believes the mare at the beginning had a right to cast him aside for loving her.
--Something wrong?:: Self doubt and corruption, time bomb explodes - uh oh x3 (This will just be a plot where he goes through crazy sadness and depression, possibly disconnects from the family and doesn't talk to anyone)
--Ssnap out of it!:: I think it would be a good thing if one of his brothers comes to him and helps him out of his whatever you would call it. Maybe they do some brotherly bonding? biggrin
--Love at first sight:: lets say he comes out of his slump and is sort of back to his old self, doing what his family asks of him but this time he has some emotions. What happens when he is supposed to kidnap this mare for some reason but can't do it because of her beauty?! What happens to him, her and his relationship with the family?! O_O
----------------
Choose your own entry: Looking at the basket and the parents, I can see in my mind a crack opening up on the Kawani with a loud rumble. A rather dark black cloud comes out of the crack. It forms in the shape of a bird almost, at least thats how I'd perceive it. The cloud hides the creature crawling from the crack. A creature burning with fire but swirling with darkness itself. Its as if fire wanted to take on a form and crawl to the surface. Making a deal with the devil, dark magic brought the fire its form. Large jet black wings unfurl as it stands free of the crack. It opens its beak and lets out a noise unlike anything I've ever heard before. Its orange eyes seemed to be glowing with power and staring into my very soul. I was afraid to move or even scream, afraid that it would devour my soul. It almost seemed to give me a sly grin as if it knew I was afraid before it launched into the sky. Within seconds the powerful creature was gone and I was left with the memory and the feeling of power and fear.  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff